Devil on your shoulder, angel on the other.

Started by Frezak, July 03, 2010, 08:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frezak

Well, since I wandered in here, might as well toss in an RP!

Set in the current world, a random, ordinary person sets about it's daily business. Today, however, said person realises that something is very wrong.
Ever seen a cartoon where someone is represented as having an angel on one side, and a demon on the other? What if they did exist?

The protagonist is now beset by two  invisible (to anyone else, at any rate) beings who each try to urge him/her to either guarantee a descent into hell, or ascension into heaven.

I think that's pretty much it. Any takers? (I'd be up for the demon or the human)

Starlequin

This sounds like fun. Do you want to play it as a comedy (hapless human in weird/funny situations he'd never get into otherwise), or more seriously (actual moral dilemmas and consequences)? Also, how many players/characters would you like?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dreamers Sand

I think I'd be up for this too :3

I'd be up for any of the three character roles by the way.
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

Frezak

Fantastic! People!
I was thinking that it could be mostly serious, but have the occasional funny moments. Not exactly the most defined answer, but it's the best I can think of.
As for players, I don't think we need more than three, really. We should be able to manage NPC-like stuff ourselves. I was also thinking that the extra-mortals should be able to affect people, influence them to their own ends. (with limitations, obviously)
Though I suppose we could perhaps have one other person to run the 'world', as it were. (Not quite sure what the technical term for that would be)

As for who plays who, I'll go ahead and pick the demon, I think. You can fight out the rest yourselves :p.

Umm, I think that's everything. Anyone think of anything else?

Starlequin

OK then, sign me up! If there are no objections, I'll be the human. I think I can handle a ''ha-ha only serious'' game. (Also, I think the term you're looking for is "game master/moderator", and you're right, we probably don't really need a GM for three people.)

Dreamers Sand

And I'll be the angel, no problems at all :3 Yay, I'm excited. This is an interesting concept.

Frezak

As the person with the original idea, I think It's protocol that I make the thread, and therefore the first post.
However, I think it'd probably flow better if Starlequin makes the first post.

But before that, another thought:
Do we start with the human already knowing of the existence of the demon and angel?
Or do they just appear one day? (ie: the beginning of the story)

Dreamers Sand

I like the idea of, perhaps, for the past few days he's been hearing soft whispers in his ear that guide him to do right or wrong, almost trying to convince him; and one day he wakes up with the actual visuals of two beings. As in, wakes up and holy shit, there's an angel and a demon right there.

And I think that that morning would be a good place to start.

Starlequin

I agree with Eternity; that's pretty close to my own suggestion. And Frezak, I'd be happy to make the first post. As soon as I figure out how. (I'm not actually completely familiar with the whole 'forum RPing' thing yet, kind of learning as I go.) Should I name it the same as this thread, or something more ambiguous? "Crowded Shoulders", perhaps, or "The Weight (World?) on His Shoulders"? Or just stick with "Devil on Your Shoulder...."?

Dreamers Sand

-Conscience Divided

That's about it for right now, I can try to think of more.

Oh, and if you make first post, Star, just make a New Topic in the actual IC section of the Non Adult forum, then Title it after the OOC or whatever we decide, and make your post. If you're especially nice, you can copy the link for it afterward and bring it here for the rest of us to be lazy :3

Starlequin

OK, guys, I went ahead and made the first post. Figured I'd just jump in and see who follows.