The Beginning of The (SCP) Foundation Site 342

Started by Swordsman18, February 13, 2014, 08:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordsman18

[Extreme Game, Freeform, Play by Post]

About The Foundation:

Secure, Contain, and Protect Foundation or The Foundation is a paranormal private organization that hunts down anomalies in the world. These anomalies can range from a Skeleton Key that can open any lock, digital or mechanical to a set of office furniture where you may have to pay quite a price for what you desire. So this game can be innocent at times, and at others it can be quite horrific. What they do is study these objects, find new ones, and do their best to make it so that public has no knowledge of them. Many of the things they contain are safe and just everyday items that have some effect that they shouldn't like a Anti-Gravity Belt that was bought from a comic that actually is an anti-gravity belt. They might have learned about the item from some sort of accident where it may have affected one or a huge group of people. Or that someone had used it for their own means, or it could be a being that is an SCP.

SCP is the motto of The Foundation, but it also used to talk about the items as seen above. However what the letters SCP refer to is Special Containment Procedures, and since each object or being is different it gets a different SCP designation such as SCP-118 is different than SCP-271. These procedures which are developed by the researchers of the foundation are both for the security of the personnel of the foundation and to prevent it from escaping from containment. They do research on the items as well to see what it exactly does, how to counteract it and if it has any other properties that they do not know about.

About The Game:

So what this game will be about is a new Site/Branch of the Foundation is just opening up, they have a few SCPs (anomalous/paranormal objects) but are really just starting out. So they have a small group of staff, a Site Director (GM), a small number of researchers, field agents and support staff along with any number of security personnel, and staff to run the facility. At the beginning, we would be studying the SCPs we have, and look for ones in the local area in the cities or towns around the site. However, there are a few rival organization to the SCP and we are here to prevent them from getting their hands on any further anomalous things. Not to mention that there are beings that may have been contained at one point or another and want revenge against The Foundation.

I am seeking people of all types, people that enjoy that search for knowledge, a hectic work environment and occasionally sexy fun of all times (M/F M/M F/F Exotic/F Exotic/M).

Character Sheet:

~The Basics~
Name:
Skill Set: List of job appropriate skills, please keep in mind that at this stage of the game your character is human and though you might have an extensive skill list having been recruited from the military/being a brilliant scientist what have you everything still needs to be kept in the realm of 'realistic'.

~Appearance~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:
Physical Description:

~Personality~
Attitude/Motivations:
Likes (non sexual):
Dislikes (non-sexual):
Turn Ons :
Turn Offs:

History:

[float=right][img height=250 padding=8]image URL Here[/img][/float]

[u][i][b]~The Basics~[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]Your title in The Foundation
[b]Skill Set:[/b] List of job appropriate skills, please keep in mind that at this stage of the game your character is human and though you might have an extensive skill list having been recruited from the military/being a brilliant scientist what have you everything still needs to be kept in the realm of 'realistic'.

[u][i][b]~Appearance~[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[u][i][b]~Personality~[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Attitude/Motivations:[/b]
[b]Likes (non sexual):[/b]
[b]Dislikes (non-sexual):[/b]
[b]Turn Ons :[/b]
[b]Turn Offs:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Additional Resources:

Here is the link to the SCP website to read up on if you are interested:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Banner made by the ever lovely and bright RampantDesires

I want there to about a maximum of 10 people (mix of researchers, field agents, support and security) for the moment, and if there is further interest I would be glad to add more. I am also looking for a Co-GM so if you want to help out PM me and so we can discuss. Once I get enough interest, I will add a character sheet and any other requested information to this post.

Yukina

I might join, Swords, though I won't be able to really post this weekend.

Vill

I might be interested in playing a field agent.

RampantDesires

Blargh, I need another game like I need ... I don't know something bad :P Though I was joking when I first mentioned it I am still kind of intrigued by the thought of playing a Foundation psychologist.  So what the hell.  OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF INTEREST! :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Vill

Uh-oh: is Rampantdesires gonna play the Scully to my Mulder?

;)

RampantDesires

Hurm, I might tweak things a bit (especially if you have suggestions or things that you want changed) but I thought I might as well put the skeleton up right now.  Her history especially needs to be fleshed out a bit but I'm not feeling particularly inspired tonight :(

~The Basics~
Name: Gabrielle "Brie" Cameron
Occupation: Foundation Psychologist, Security Level 3 Classification B
Skill Set:
Highly Educated
Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) and M.D. Clinical Neurophysiology from George Washington University
- Runs both individual and group therapy session
- Can prescribe and monitor medications
- Focus on neuroscience
Basic Self Defense Training

~Appearance~
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 138
Physical Description: Most people describe Brie as lovely.  Not cute, not particularly sexy, but lovely.  She is very much an indoor girl and as such has smooth pale skin without scars or so much as a freckle really.  Her typical mode of dress tends to be professional, slacks and your standard button down shirt of varying colors.
Additional Images
Physical Base - Sarah Gadon

~Personality~
Attitude/Motivations: The Foundation has given Gabrielle's life direction and for that they've earned her unwavering loyalty.  It helps that she believes in the work they do and she takes her job and the care of those in her charge rather seriously.  She tries to be calm and professional, and manages it most of the time which at SCP is fairly challenging.
Likes (non sexual): Gardening, Wine (especially after a long day ... and aren't they ALL long days?), Violent video games (because who doesn't need a little harmless stress relief?), Marshmallows (has a package of them in her desk, they're her go to comfort food), Hitchcock movies, Symphonic rock
Dislikes (non-sexual): Being lied to (well no one really likes that, but she finds it especially annoying, especially when people try to mislead her in therapy sessions), The taste of coffee, Birds (seriously, they're annoying with the loud noises and crapping all over the place, ick), Children (you know, with the loud noises and crapping again),  Impractical shoes and polyester fabric in general.
Turn Ons: For these the best bet is to take a look at my O/O's linked in my signature. Foreplay and teasing both mental and physical are a particular favorite of hers.  She has had both male and female partners in the past.  Gabrielle makes a distinction between intellectual and physical attraction and both aren't necessarily a requirement for a brief encounter; sometimes sex is just sex, a necessary release between two healthy adults and there is no need to complicate it further.  However both are required if  there is going to be a sustained relationship.  Coincidentally she hasn't had one of those in years.
Turn Offs: All those previously listed.  Pet names and over protective partners. 

History:
For someone who works for a secret organization in charge of hunting down and containing 'supernatural' items and people Gabrielle's history is actually pretty boring. Grew up in the DC area.  Her father is a lawyer while her mother has perfected the art of being a house wife and social coordinator.  She has an older brother who she rarely has contact with but he's followed in their father's footsteps and has a busy law practice. As far as they know she has a small private practice and she only talks about her work in broad generalities.  They tend to think she's wasting her life and her education and occasionally they will throw teaching opportunities and the like her way hoping that she'll 'break herself out of this rut'.  Brie just smiles and shakes her head pointing out that she's rather in love with her life currently.

She has always been a rather serious academically inclined girl.  Recruited fresh out of medical school while still doing her residency actually she joined a larger team at the DC SCP branch studying the effect of certain SCP's on the brain.  Less than a year later they paid for her to go back to school and get her Psy.D and her focus shifted to maintaining and monitoring the mental health of SCP field agents and researchers. 

There have been a few hiccups along the way.  Agents who have been driven irrecoverably mad by their exposure of random SCP's and what not, but over all she considers her work successful and rewarding, which is a very good thing because there is little to her life outside work.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Swordsman18

Well there is one character sheet down and most awesome one at that. For those just glancing, is there any further info that you want me to provide?

Prosak

Yes, as a matter of fact their is.

Will you gm? Or is there already one? I am not interested in the role. Just curios since it will be importantt o have down.

Also. Is any of the previos SCP's appearing? Or will we focus most on original's?

Lastly,will this be a follow up to containment breach? I ask since you specified New facility.

Juggtacular

I think I'm gonna give this a shot since I'm new. I'll throw up a sheet in a bit.

Swordsman18

Prozak to answer your questions:

1. I will be GMing but I would also like a Co-Gm to help out with housekeeping, scaring people and so forth.

2. SCPs that are listed on the Foundation site will make an appearance, a few select ones will already be in our custody from the start. But there will be originals both proposed by you fine and intelligent players and hopefully the GM(s).

3. No, it is not a follow up to the game. It is setup as if the Foundation is setting up a new site due to some anomalous activity in said area, maybe the entire Site itself is but a containment protocol for an SCP (omnious music plays). So while there may have been breaches at other Sites, our Site is brand spanking new and breach free.

Glancers, feel free to send in more questions! I like answering them.

Prosak

I see, i see. Well thank you for elaborating.

I have gm'd in the past. So if no one else does the co gm'ing. I suppose I could. Not to sound completely uninterested. Yes I would rather simply being a player. But I do understand the necesity of help. And am willing to provide such aid if no other expresses interest in providing it.

Juggtacular

~The Basics~
Name: Dorian King
Occupation: MTFC(Mobile Task Force Commander); Security Level 4, Class B
Skill Set:
- Master Marksman
- Excels in Melee Combat
- Highly Tactical Mind
- Excellent Physical/Mental Conditioning
- Skilled in Mechanical Repair & Engineering
~Appearance~
Hair: Black(Shaved)
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'5
Weight: 265lbs
Physical Description: Dorian is easily described as "Large & In Charge". Standing at six feet, five inches and weighing in at 265lbs of solid muscle, it's no secret why. Though he usually keeps a stern face, it's easy to see he's one of those "Tall, dark, handsome" types. Aside from the obvious, he has several scars from his decade of active military service. At work he's almost always seen in some form of tactical gear, as it makes the most sense in his mind; however he will dress formally for any type of official hearing or meeting, and tends to dress down when off duty, preferring jeans and t-shirts.

Additional Images

~Personality~
Attitude/Motivations: Dorian has always held a strong sense of justice, which is why he joined the military as soon as he graduated high school; to serve his country. He realizes how important the Foundation is not only to any one country, but to the world as a whole. His goal with them is to help people, plain and simple. Even if there's no recognition, as long as they keep the artifacts out of the wrong hands, he's satisfied. Dorian himself is two sides of the same coin. As he holds a position of power, he understands that he needs to be firm and sometimes harsh, but at the same time he likes for his soldiers to not only respect him, but like him. So sometimes he'll joke and mess around, but at the end of the day they know he's in charge and follow his rules. If not, they can find another unit.
Likes (non sexual): A good workout, long video game sessions, food, sports(watching & playing), relaxing with people he trusts and cares about, hard liquor and or beer if no liquor is available
Dislikes (non-sexual): People who can't follow orders, people who can't give good orders, people who don't maintain themselves or their equipment, stale beer, bugs, fake people
Turn Ons : Beautiful women, strong women, intelligent women...women. A woman who can hold a conversation and isn't just a nice body and a pretty smile. He also loves a good sense of humor.
Turn Offs: A bossy or shallow partner. Anything too extreme(scat, vore, mutilation, gore, etc...)

History: Dorian's father was in the Marines and proudly served until he was killed in action; up until then he and his family had been living in Los Angeles, California; and they lived very well due to his high rank and pay within the military. Despite his life insurance paying out a fairly large sum(enough for Dorian, his younger siblings and his mother to live comfortably), his mother decided to move back home to Detroit where her family was. Dorian didn't like it at all in Detroit as he'd had to leave all his friends and essentially everything he every knew.

As soon as he turned eighteen, he shipped off and joined the Marines as a Scout Sniper. His marks were exemplary, and as soon as he completed basic, he was put into active duty. For two and a half years he ranked up kills and did good work for his squad, until eventually he was promoted to a higher ranking unit. He was now the rookie on a veteran wet works squad codenamed "The Misfits", that had been without a good marksman for some time. He had to work his ass off to get any recognition, respect, or praise.

For almost an entire year he was treated as the odd man out, but eventually he won over his squadmates and became family to them. He'd found a place he loved and had no thoughts of leaving. He didn't and stayed in the military for 10 years, working his way up the ranks until he earned the rank of Captain and CC(Company Commander) of the Misfits. After one successful mission(off the record) in North Korea, he returned home and was approached by a representative of SCP. Apparently he had what they were looking for, and they had to have been looking pretty damn hard if they could pull his classified files. He was offered the position of Task Force Commander of fledgling SCP site designate 342; and he took it. He loved his brothers in the Misfits, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. So after speaking with his higher ups, he was listed "Presumed KIA", as men like him didn't just retire from the Marines. After a short goodbye to his friends, he packed up and shipped off to his knew position.

Swordsman18

Jugg, I really like the sheet! And an Mobile Task Force Commander too! Well it looks like I will be sure to give Dorian some interesting things to secure and contain with and without extreme prejudice.

Juggtacular

;D

In this line of work, you secure and contain everything with extreme prejudice until you're given a reason not to.

Question Mark

Voicing interest.  May have a researcher up in a bit, still weighing my options.

Some questions:

1.) I figure this game won't be a day in the life, so there will be some kind of event that kicks everything off, right?  Maybe a minor containment breach (would get the local MTF in there) or the arrival of a new SCP or batch of staff.  Any ideas on this front?

2.) What kind of tone are we striking for this game?  I imagine it'll be brimming with black humor, as SCP is wont to be, but are we leaning more towards the hard realism side or the more carefree humorous side?  I personally prefer the former.

3.) Where is the facility?

4.) What kind of SCPs does it contain?  Any Euclid or, god forbid, Keter?

5.) Why were the current personnel selected?  Dr. Cameron is a psychologist, so maybe the facility is handling SCPs with memetic or psychic effects?  This will be an important factor for how I build my character.

Swordsman18

1. Yes, there will be an event that kicks things off. I was actually thinking of:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
A field agent would find a Keter class object underground where the site is built to contain it and prevent a possible XK-class event

2. Yes, I am going for scientific psuedo-realism that SCP is famous for. And yes I intend for that to be black humor. However, that in mind, I want to assure you that no characters will die without the express permission of their player and an extensive discussion. One of the guaranteed SCPs that we will have contained is the Lovecraftian Locket. It is more to prevent casualties than it is something we need to worry about.

3. I am thinking of placing the facility in Southern Illinois, about 50 to 100 miles south of Champaign-Urbana.

4. Yes, we will go up to Keter-level, however at the beginning we will only have the one that caused the formation of the site. We will only acquire another much later down the road. So the new ones we acquire will likely be Euclid to safe. As I consider most SCPs that violate physics, are magical or so forth are labeled Euclid.

5. Dorian is to be stationed at the site due to why the site exists in the first place, needing an MTF specifically assigned to it just in case. We will likely store SCPs on site that are physics/magic based that can have low to no memetic or psychic effects. However, a psychologist is always on site just due to the stress of the job and to make sure no one is experiencing a previously undiscovered memetic effect from any of the currently contained SCPs or the new ones that are brought in.

I hope that answers your questions, if anyone has anymore, I would be happy to answer them.

someinheritthewealth

I am interested need to think of a character I am going for Ex Airman (female) who thinks she was put here for punishment, not realizing the truth yet. To her this is a demotion.

Swordsman18

Glad to hear it!

Another thing to note, I will allow for players to have at least one Class D character in addition to their PC. That way you can really have some hands on time with the SCPs that we bring in. And isn't hands on time with SCPs fun?

Cerulean Dreams

~The Basics~
Name: Dr Alanna Ashcroft
Occupation: Senior Researcher, Security Level 4; can apply for Security Level 5 from O5-[RETRACTED] or O5-[RETRACTED] should the new site acquire a Keter-level SCP.
Skill Set:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- PhD in applied mathematics, MIT
- Graduated top of her class in mathematics, MIT
- Expertise in mathematical and physical SCPs
- Previously worked directly with Euclid-level SCP-225 and indirectly with Keter-level SCP-233.

~Appearance~
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Pale green
Height: 178cm/5'10''
Weight: 68kg/150lbs
Physical Description: See stats above. Practical dress; standing up in a lab all day means flat shoes and sensible dress. Do not expect flowing dresses or high heels during work hours.

~Personality~
Attitude/Motivations: Quiet and unassuming; a little shy. Enjoys getting to the root of problems that only the Foundation can offer her. With the vast number of SCPs the Foundation houses there is no shortage of challenges to tax her brain.
Likes (non sexual): Puzzle solving/logic-based games, peace and quiet, intelligent conversation.
Dislikes (non-sexual): Loud noise, inefficiency and sloppiness, laziness, arrogance, recklessness.
Turn Ons/Offs: Patient and understanding partners. Work hours in the lab and the office can be long and hard, and the last thing any hard-working researcher wants after a long day is extra stress. Gentle, caring, sensual people go down well; loud and demanding people don't. If in doubt ask - but please, at least employ some subtly...

History: Hired by the Foundation after being headhunted during her PhD studies at MIT. Began work as a junior researcher assistant on SCP-225 before being promoted to research associate on SCP-233. Her efficiency and dedication to detail led to her name being put forward for transfer to the new site, site-342, to head up the research activities of all mathematical or physics-based SCPs.

Swordsman18

~The Basics~
Name: Collin Fortwright
Skill Set:

• Possesses 5 PHDs in Mathematics, Psychology, Biology, Engineering, and Astrophysics
  • Extensive experience at the design of containment procedures and devices of SCPs
  • Knowledgeable in all varieties of known SCPs, yet specialized in more physics based anomalies

~Appearance~
Hair: Black and gray
Eyes: brown
Height: 1.8 m
Weight: 75 kg
Physical Description: Not ever seen outside of a suit, adorning a lab coat when necessary over it. Glasses are always on his nose though they never seem to need to be adjusted.

~Personality~
Attitude/Motivations: Watchful and guiding, he is not a person that exerts too much force on the people that work for him. Instead, he prefers to be an unseen guiding hand, more there to prevent containment breaches and get further anomalies before they become issues than to be overbearing.
Likes (non sexual): Order, Interesting puzzles, Guiding people to success, Helping others to overcome their issues
Dislikes (non-sexual): Supposedly insolvable problems, losing people, end of world scenarios
Turn Ons : classy women, intelligence, enigmatic women who like to be chased, or chase in odd ways.
Turn Offs: women that do not challenge him, slutty women
History:
Born in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois to two teachers, he quickly grew to enjoy the study of academics and particularly math. From early on, he felt that math could explain everything if only the right equation was found. So he took quite an interest in it, becoming a mathelete in high school. In his Harvard application he theorized other than just a Grand Unified Theory, that there must be an equation that if used to full potential could predict with 100% how the future would go. In it, he detailed how even choice could be broken down mathematically using the Price equation, but that further research into various fields of science could yield the equation he sought.

It was then that the Foundation grew interested in him as he not only went to get his PHD once but four more times. Seeing that he would have more than enough time to study the unknown, he felt that working for the Foundation would allow him to further study the world to gleam an inkling of the Fortwright Prediction Equation. So he began to work on: [05 CLEARANCE NECESSARY TO VIEW]

After years of service, he got promoted to work as a Site Director of the new Site 342 after having passed a battery of tests proving that he is clear of all effects of SCPs currently known.

someinheritthewealth

~The Basics~
Name: Brenda Halfton

Skill Set:
  • Flight Training (Former Airman)

• Extensive training in firearms and score exceptionally in her aim and targetting.

• Ph.D in Electronic and Computers

• Minor in English Literature

• Court Martialled for Disobeying Direct Order, Pardoned due to her actions saving life.

• Medical Training

• Leadership Experience

~Appearance~
        Hair: Red (Natural)
        Eyes: Dark Blue
        Height: 5.7
        Weight:
        Physical Description:
        You may at first underestimate Brenda because she does not look dangerous or even imposing, but despite her size and height, she has worked loyally in the for years. She stand average height with natural red hair dark dark eyes, curvaceous although never really shows up her curves and generally covers herself up completely.

~Personality~
        Attitude/Motivations: To Brenda this is a demotion an insult, they could not have her executed as her actions led to having others saved so instead threw her at some new science facility as head of security. No doubt her service would soon be forgotten as would she. This to her is a living hell and she just wants to prove herself to perhaps allow for a promotion.
        Likes (non sexual): Order, Reading, Writing, Loyalty and Her Country
        Dislikes (non-sexual): This so-called promotion, layabouts, Lazy People, Harassment
        Turn Ons : Bisexual, Oral, BDSM (May or not be a lesbian)
        Turn Offs:Layabouts, Men who don't do foreplay

History:
        At first glance Brenda might seem stuffy, but you would be wrong to her as this is merely facade she constructed over time. Brenda offered herself to the Services and was well on her way to entering a cushy high position, unfortunately tragedy struck in the form of her actions... She was stationed in Iraq after a bombing raid on Insurgents she was shot down, after making it safe area she called in her position was told to her maintain her coordinates and expect back-up in one to two hours.

After a wait she realized she was near one of the most dangerous POWs camps in the area, deciding to forgo advice she somehow despite all odds broke everyone out in the night... for her actions she was court marshalled for her efforts... although the families of the soldiers she had saved demanded she be spared.

A person claiming to respresent the SCP Insitute asked to have her taken to his facility and given head of security. To this day Brenda does not understand why this person took such interest in her case, and believes she got lousy end of the stick.

Swordsman18

I appreciate the sheets Cerulean and SITW, I will need to go check to see if those who previously posted sheets are still interested.

RampantDesires

It is probably worth noting that I'm still happy to play Brie for this game iffen it does happen ... or to make a different more physically orientated character if need be.  I'm a flexible girl :P