Started by boogop, July 05, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

drivebyte

Quote from: Moraline on August 23, 2013, 10:45:07 AM
I'm a lost and lonely MMORPG player.

It's been a couple years since any of them have held my interest and the last was ....

I either need to find a new really great group of people to play with or a phenomenally engaging MMORPG. (Be better to have both.)

This is basically where I am with MMOs. I think the last one I really got into was SWG (played through the CU, ended up quitting a few months after). I have played Neverwinter, WoW, SWG, Anarchy Online, EVE Online, and Everquest and a few other free to plays here and there briefly.

I realize that the issue with them is generally that I don't have a solid playgroup and the games themselves are never good enough without good people to play with. They take after their parents that way (tabletop RPGs). I am hesitantly excited for some of the kickstarter MMOs that are eventually coming out.

I found Neverwinter to be astoundingly boring. Are the other competitors better?

Rex33

I'm very interested in the MMO Grepolis, which is a ancient greece based game I believe where there are multiple worlds and there can only be one winning alliance.(By all means correct me if im wrong)
The Return: I'm trying to make a return to this wonderful website. I have fond memories of it, only outside conflicts made me put my interactions with all the amazing people here on hold. Now, I think I can be back on for awhile.

I'm all for the ons and offs pages, but I think I would liketo interact with people for a longer time rather then just a quick look at their page.

Rhedyn

I started playing Guild Wars 2 this week (since it's currently on sale) and so far I'm really enjoying it :)

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 14, 2013, 01:48:22 PM
Alright. One of the things about Blood AND Night elves a lot of folks forget is till the final events of WC 3, they were essentially immortal. Death by violence was the only way they died. Blood Elves USED to be  High Elves till a certain Tea bagging human by then name of Arthras stomped into their capital and destroyed the racial font of power to resurrect Kel'Thuzad. Killing 90% of all High elves in the process. Only 10% of the REMAINING survivors are still high delves, the 'blood elves' being a group that used any magic they could find to survive.

If I was one of the survivors, it  might be hard to forgive humans for the recent genocide.

Why would all humans need to be forgiven for what Arthas did?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Cold Heritage on December 01, 2013, 03:19:26 AM
Why would all humans need to be forgiven for what Arthas did?
Yeah, didn't they FIGHT Arthas tooth and nail?  (And lost, but hey, they're not the Orcs, there's only room for one heroic race in WoW.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

They did! Except for, y'know, the ones that didn't, and the others that got all needlessly racist and hostile when the elves tried to save themselves via means they found inappropriate.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on December 01, 2013, 08:37:38 AM
They did! Except for, y'know, the ones that didn't, and the others that got all needlessly racist and hostile when the elves tried to save themselves via means they found inappropriate.
Preaching to the choir, my friend.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cold Heritage

I guess I should have known better than to ask. My apologies.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Tsenta

The troubles of finding a multiplayer online RPG that's dial-up friendly and isn't one of those boring energy/time/etc based ones. Like I wanna spend an hour waiting to get enough energy to go fight monsters!  -Throws fit-
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Tsenta on December 02, 2013, 01:42:53 AM
The troubles of finding a multiplayer online RPG that's dial-up friendly and isn't one of those boring energy/time/etc based ones. Like I wanna spend an hour waiting to get enough energy to go fight monsters!  -Throws fit-

I'd suggest warframe, as it's co-op multiplayer third-person shootmans, but, well, dial-up for you.

Tsenta

Not too fond of shooting games. >_>;
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

LeSane

Warframe... Its not what you expect from an MMO since its much more sci-fi and shooter, but its one of those you have to enjoy since each one of the characters you get can are unique in their own way. I've been playing again for the entire month and its gotten better. I have four characters in total each making me have to think on what I'm doing. However I've fallen for the 'necromancer' of the characters.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Sel Nar

I get my chuckles with the Mag 'frame. The Pull skill, maxed out, is basically a 'clear the room' button. Every enemy in a 160-degree arc, up to 25 metres away, is hauled into the air and thrown towards my feet, taking 300 damage in the process; if it doesn't kill them instantly, well, that's what your melee weapon's for.

Needless to say, it's almost game-breakingly powerful, considering it's also a dirt-cheap skill to use.

Chris Brady

I wouldn't call Warframe an MMO, it's at best a 4 person squad based shooter with vague trappings of space ninja.  There's not even a real 'lobby' of sorts to interact with.  And you can actually play solo, without every meeting another person.  Even if the game is designed and balanced for 4 players.

Ryven

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on December 07, 2013, 09:21:39 PM
http://www.themarysue.com/jane-austen-mmo-ever-jane/

Put your RPing skills in action with this one. :P

Wow. That sounds like all the things I dislike most about MMOs wrapped up in one game. Nice.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sel Nar

Checking out Dragon's Prophet. Plays like a combination of MMO and Monster Hunter, reasonably fun, if grindy.

Might be worth taking a poke at longer-term.

Funguy81

I been playing Star wars the old republic  since launch, and I been enjoying the hell out of it. It just released a new expansion where there is starfighter PvP. Its a small sampling for the subs at the moment, but its to release for everyone by February. By that time the full release comes out for everyone there is to be more game types, a new class of starship, and maps.

Though i'm hoping down the line to try out the elder scrolls MMO when it comes out.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ryven on December 07, 2013, 09:21:39 PM
http://www.themarysue.com/jane-austen-mmo-ever-jane/

Put your RPing skills in action with this one. :P

Well, they're certainly succeeding in their aim to create something different than the market has right now. This is likely the same reason it will fail horribly, because there is a very good reason fantasy combat games dominate said market.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 08, 2013, 02:31:59 AM
I been playing Star wars the old republic  since launch, and I been enjoying the hell out of it. It just released a new expansion where there is starfighter PvP. Its a small sampling for the subs at the moment, but its to release for everyone by February. By that time the full release comes out for everyone there is to be more game types, a new class of starship, and maps.

Though i'm hoping down the line to try out the elder scrolls MMO when it comes out.

I was in the beta a couple weekends ago, it was meh.  Can't say more than that.  Oh and if you get in for one weekend don't expect to get in another weekend, they change testers.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Branwyne

FFXIV: ARR has taken over my life, I played the beta and than all my friends (including real life and online ones) got the game so we all play together. I am so in love with it and they just released new content! If anyone else plays let me know what server your on!

Jayna

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on December 08, 2013, 01:07:12 PM
I was in the beta a couple weekends ago, it was meh.  Can't say more than that.  Oh and if you get in for one weekend don't expect to get in another weekend, they change testers.

I have had the "joy" of participating in multiple weekends. It stands as a meh regardless the amount of times tried.

I have enjoyed SWTOR and LOTRO and am always looking for people to join me on either!