Challenge

Started by Lyria, July 01, 2006, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: National Acrobat on July 04, 2006, 04:28:33 PM
I used to have it, and I knew you'd ask that, so I'm trying to locate it again.
thanks,  and I always am willing to remove a comment if im way off base.
found these
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35102
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/240932.htm
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elvi

Religion                                        England/Wales                         Scotland

Christian                                           77.7                                    68.9
Buddhist                                            0.3                                      0.1
Hindu                                                1.2                                      0.1
Jewish                                               0.5                                      0.1
Muslim                                               3.2                                      0.9
Sikh                                                  0.7                                      0.1     
Any other religion                               0.3                                      0.6
No religion                                       16.1                                     19.1 

Looks like from our census, we're more religious than the American nation?

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sugarman (hal)

"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

National Acrobat

Quote from: Elvi on July 05, 2006, 08:00:09 PM
Religion                                        England/Wales                         Scotland

Christian                                           77.7                                    68.9
Buddhist                                            0.3                                      0.1
Hindu                                                1.2                                      0.1
Jewish                                               0.5                                      0.1
Muslim                                               3.2                                      0.9
Sikh                                                  0.7                                      0.1     
Any other religion                               0.3                                      0.6
No religion                                       16.1                                     19.1

Looks like from our census, we're more religious than the American nation?

Perhaps, but one thing that never gets taken into account with these sorts of statistics, are the number of people who answer based on what they were raised as, but who no longer really practice.

Also, some of the questions are pretty general. My wife, for instance would answer she believes in God, but since she is a Deist, she technically has no religion. But she is a believer.

Also, I have many friends who were raised Catholic or Baptist, but don't practice. So they would answer they are Baptist, et al but in reality they aren't religious at all, but they were raised that way.

It's pretty tough to get a really accurate count.

Elvi

Oh it was asked, the census was quite specific, I just didn't give you the whole lot of it.......just what I saw as relavent.
I would assume that, if she were to fill in the British census, your wife she would be under other religion.

Catholic, Church of England, Greek Orthodox,  Babtsist, Penticostal, all those and many more were under Christian, bloody hell, the census was long enough without adding every single Christian religion that someone may have had.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

robitusinz

I find my duty as a true patriot is not to praise our strengths, but to point out our weaknesses.
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.