Assassins Among Us - TOWNSPEOPLE WIN!

Started by persephone325, April 17, 2013, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

Starlequin cocked one eyebrow inquisitive-like as the harpy actually took him up on his request. Not bad enough she planned on murderin' him, she was clearly meanin' to drag his name, the only decent thing he owned, through the mud too. Well, to hell with it, why not? Not like he'd need it where he was goin'. Let 'em all slander and profane him; his blood would tell 'em the facts true enough when she painted the town with it. Star rose to his feet and mimicked her own gesture to her, not wanting to let her get behind him until they both walked out of his alley side by side.

"Oh, heart I've got. Heart of a lion, so I's told, and no mistake. Sure'n I must, to sit and sup with me own killer. So, it's to be poison then, is it? Fine wiv me. Just be sure you add enough pepper I won't taste me death, oi?"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

MabFaerie

"You're a right foul git, you know that, Starlequin?" Mab chirped, doing her best to remain calm as she strode side by side with this monster of a man. A part of her wanted to report him. To find somebody, anybody who could haul his ass off in chains and keep the town safe from demons like him. Did they get rid of Stocks already? Mab wondered if that would be the best route for keeping the people safe from his kind.

"If I wanted you dead, I wouldn't waste my hard earned money and someone else's well-grown vegetables on an idiotic dope of a man I planned to destroy later. It would be a waste of coin, food and time to kill you off that way. Plus poison is expensive. Have you ever been to an apothecary? Those prices are ridiculous. You'd be just as likely to die by hearing my father try to sing than you would to die by one of their concoctions, mark my word on it!"
Turning slightly, she pointed ahead of her and asked, "Well? There's a variety of places to eat here. Pick one. And don't run me broke while your at it."   
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

persephone325

I'll be wrapping this round up tomorrow. And by that, I mean later today when I wake up. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Starlequin

"Oh, that's a nice un. Too much of a skinflint to spring for a proper meal for her own victim, but I'm the foul one. Ya kiss yer dear mum with them lips, do ya?" Starlequin shook his head, rather astonished at the sheer absurdity the universe seemed determined to pack into his final hours. Part of him began to wish she'd just cut his throat peaceable like back in the alley. The witch's chirrupin' voice made the silence of the grave sound awful tempting.

"Aye, but I suppose if'n anyone about town knew the finer points of puttin' death into a man's blood and gullet, it'd be you. Mind, I'd figure a murderer like you ought be able to command quite a price for your work, or ain't you lot got a union? Every'un else's got one, y'know." Starlequin jammed his hands into his pockets, waggling one finger out through a newly torn patch and sighed. Least he'd be saved the trouble of beggin' round the seamstresses again this week.

Star glared at his companion and gave a wry sneer. "Ain't that just like rich folk. Got enough in that purse of yours to eat out six meals a day, I wager, but don't spend a red copper more'n needed on a condemned man's sendin'. Well, don't you worry, lass. I'll not take a cent of your blood money more'n it takes to fill me gut." He pointed to a little bar and grill off the corner and ambled on. "...and mayhap a few pints to wash it down," he grumbled, holding the door open.

persephone325

Again, the decision fell to Lady Persephone to choose one of her beloved townspeople to banish. To her surprise the randomly chosen victim was Chelemar, who turned out to be the Master Marksman. The people of the town could breathe a sigh of relief, knowing they had thinned the ranks of the assassins. If only by one.

Assassins, you know what to do.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Another tense night passes, and the townspeople are relieved to find that nobody has fallen victim to the assassins. However, they are still a threat and must be dealt with as soon as possible if Persephone is to be spared.

Round three everyone! Please submit your votes. (I'm not going to make the same mistake as last round. I will wait for everyone to get their votes in before I proceed.)
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. was relieved that nobody passed; perhaps the assassins were lying low?  Still the danger was there.  "I don't know what happened last night, but MabFaerie" he hesitated slightly "I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust her."

Silver

Silver heard Mr. Bigglesworth talking to himself, much like the way she had been doing the day before. The man's words were thought over and there seemed to be some truth lying within them but she still couldn't shake another feeling that had been felt since the very beginning. "Yes but the same could be said about Yugi if not even more so...It has to be one of those two..it has to be..", she whispered more to herself than to anyone else.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Josietta

Josi nodded in agreement with Mr Bigglesworth. She knew now he was not her enemy as he had helped rid them of the marksman so she had to trust his gut and agree that MabFaerie must be at fault here.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

persephone325

Vote Tally:
MabFaerie - 1
Yugi - 2
Josietta - 2
Silver - 1

Yet To Vote:
yugi006, Starlequin, MabFaerie
I don't know.

MabFaerie

MabFaerie scrunched up her nose in distaste. She'd been with Starlequin last night, having dinner with the scoundrel no less! There was no way it could have been him... but still, maybe he'd ordered someone to do it for him while he was occupied, to try and throw her off his trail? He must have allies in cohorts! Damn it, how could she have been so blind?!
With more rage than logic, she stormed off to that now familiar alley and pointed a slim finger his way, just as she'd done the time before.
"I bet you thought you'd had me fooled, didn't you?! But I get it now... someone is working with you... I bet it's that Yugi fellow, isn't it?!"

*Edited to fix a typo.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Mr Bigglesworth

"What to do, what to do" said Mr. B. out loud to himself, walking among his fig trees.  "I've heard some compelling arguments that my vote may be wrong."  He quietly went out into the group of people and said softly "I'm sorry, but I think I may have been wrong.  I think perhaps Mab is innocent - Josietta maybe her" he said, his voice trailing off making it sounds more like a question than a statement, but there it was for all to hear.

yugi006

Luckily for the citizens the Master Marksman was gotten rid of and there was no assassinations last night. Now that there were so few left who could the assassins be. Still not knowing if Josietta was an assassin or target he decided to vote for her again and see what happens.

Starlequin

Starlequin's snores filled the alley, echoing around in his little box before escaping to splinter windows and frighten rabid cats. He kicked in his sleep to pull free of his newspapers, the warmth of a full belly and a great many beers sufficing to keep him comfortable through the night. A rare smile plastered his face as he rolled over, dreaming of pleasant evenings spent in surprisingly enjoyable company. He'd had to admit that MabFaerie really had been quite charming, for a lying, backstabbing snake in the grass. Too bad his peaceful reveries were shattered as the harpy stormed back into his alley this morning accusing him yet again as the source of their town's ills. Star grumbled and sat back up, glaring at the witch in a scene eerily reminiscent of their first meeting.

"Now I've seen everythin', I have. Share company, share a meal, then point a man straight back at the gallows. Would'a been better off if ya'd just killed me last night when ya 'ad the chance, instead'a lettin' a man work up hopes for breakfast. Ah, but I get it. Needed an alibi, didja? And couldn't do better'n the old town derelict, and here I thought you were some manner of professional. But aye, what's even more amazin' is ya managed to get something so wrong and no doubt so right at once! I been figurin' Yugi for a darker ace a while now; reckon yo're plannin' on sellin' 'im up river now the bobbies are gettin' on to ya, eh? Always said there was no honor among thieves, my old dad did, and now I see it holds for murderers too!"

MabFaerie

MabFaerie wrinkled her brow somewhat, crossing her arms over her chest as a flash of embarrassment tinted across her cheeks.
"Quiet you! Don't agree with me when I accuse your allies! It can't be Yugi now, there's no way you'd so readily go along with this if it were... No, it must be someone else then." She paused, angling herself ever so slightly towards him and offering her hand,
"Get up, you lazy bones! I'll figure out who you're working with yet! Until then, I'm not letting you out of my sight, do you hear me?"

Taking a half-step back, she pondered aloud, "What if I'm looking at this all wrong? What if it's not a man you're allied with... but a woman? Could it be.... Silver?"

Starlequin

"Ohh, so now ya admit yo're workin' with Silver, too? Got little vipers in every nest in town, haven't ya? How enterprisin'. Maybe I ought'er become an assassin meself after all; seems like a regular growth industry -- ack!" Starlequin cried as the devil woman jerked him back to his feet. "Oi! You know what yo're doin'?! Ruinin' a perfectly good 'angover, tha's what! Well, I'll not be dragged about town on some mad goose hunt just to satisfy your peculiarities, I don' care how many steaks you may buy me!"

persephone325

Final Vote Tally:
MabFaerie - 1
Yugi - 2
Josietta - 2
Silver - 1

NO MORE VOTES!
I don't know.

persephone325

Persephone was becoming more and more frustrated that the townspeople were so divided in their votes. She hated having the decision rest solely on her shoulders. She loved all the people of the town. Even if some were trying to kill her... She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before reading the results of the random draw between Yugi and Josietta.

In the end, it turned out that Josietta had been in league with the assassins. Their ranks were thinning, but the townspeople weren't out of the woods yet.

Assassins, please let me know who your next target is.
I don't know.

persephone325

Another tense night passes, but no deaths are found upon first morning light. The special roles have most likely been hard at work.

Please submit your votes.
I don't know.

Silver

Another tense evening resulted in no deaths within the town. "I still think that it's Yugi or could it be someone else who is at work..?"
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Mr Bigglesworth

"Yugi?" ...  "Yugi!!!!????" Mr. B. exclaimed in astonishment!  "I seriously doubt he could be an assassin, no - I think Starlequin is not only an assassin, but quite likely their ring leader."

yugi006

It looks like they were getting to finding out who the leader was. Perhaps it could be Starlequin?

persephone325

Vote Tally:
Yugi - 2
Starlequin - 3

Yet To Vote:
Starlequin, MabFaerie
I don't know.

Starlequin

Star sat on the edge of the fountain near the town square center and spat on the cobbled stones of the walkway. Looked like he was finished this time, and no mistake. He thought of running, of hiding, of pleading for his life, but what good would it do? The town wanted their revenge, wanted to be rid of someone and never mind their innocence. Starlequin reached into one pocket and withdrew a broken match and a bent cigarette from a threadbare pocket, struck the fiery head on the heel of his boot and took a slow drag.

"Aye, that's it, mates. You got me. I'm the secret leader of a band of killers. Forget that I'm naught but the town drunkard, forget I live in a box in an alley, forget I've been sittin' in front of that wretched widowmaker of a woman MabFaerie like a fly caught in her web the last two days and ain't even been able to so much as pick me nose freely, no. Forget all them troublin' facts. Obviously I'm your man. Next you'll be accusin' me of abducting cattle and hidin' Sasquatch in me pocket, and I'll be guilty of that, too. Ya done a right clean job of framin' me up, Yugi. Well done on ya. Reckon I'll wait here till the long arms of the law come to throttle me outta yer misery, if'n it's alright with the lot of you."

MabFaerie

From afar, Mab watched as Starlequin lit up his cigarette and pandered on, searching for undeserved sympathy, or perhaps in another light.... for reason.
With a pain she couldn't fight down, she approached him, an uneasy look in her eyes.

"I think we both knew from the start that this was how it would end. One of us would have to choose. One of us would have to be the bad guy in a room of even worse ones."
Crossing her arms over her chest, she closed the distance between them until they were but inches apart, her slight frame hovering a bit too close for comfort.

"There comes a point in time where all the masks come off and true faces are revealed. Whether you're a killer or an angel or an odd mix of both remains to be seen." She paused, an unspoken sorrow lingering in her gaze, as if she wished of all things that it hadn't had to come to this.
"This was fun while it lasted, and god help me, I hope I'm right." She leaned in, rather intimately pressing her lips to his cheek and all at once stepping away. "Goodbye, Starlequin."   

*Edited to fix a typo