HP: The Marauder's Era

Started by mindlessmenage, December 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Bellatrix Black
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Thin and almost gangly with an extremely delicate build Bella doesn't look like a treat. But her large eyes are hard and cruel cutting into people she deems unworthy of her attention. Her full lips are usually curled into eather a sadistic smirk or a sneer of contempt, she rarely smiles and when she does those around her should be fearful. Her wild mane of curly black hair framing her face should take some of the sharpness from her features but instead enhances the wild harshness that seems to live in her face.
Personality: Cruel and sadistic are two words that come to mind even psycotic fits this dynamic woman but she is much more then that. She is loyal to a fault, a natural leader who takes charge without second guessing herself ever. She if single minded in her belief in the supremacy of pure bloods and completely unforgiving in the faltering of that belief. Affectionate only towards people she loves and that number is minuscule. She had a hair trigger temper that can go off at any moment and a slightly split personality sometimes being overly polite while inflicting pain at other times raging and screaming. She is most noted for her joy in inflicting pain and the zero hesitation and in fact eagerness to kill.
History: Taught since birth that she was better then everyone else because of her circumstance of birth you could say she didn't have a chance but even if she did have on she wouldn't have wanted it. Bella was one of only a few people born with cruelty as a default personality trait.
She made her parents proud from an early age showing contempt for anyone who didn't prove themselves to her. She never constiered that she should prove herself to anyone to her way of thinking few people outranked her in the world.
Her first year in Hogwards insuring her into a world were the others welcomed her with open arms. She excelled in school but save for O.W.L.S was not a joiner preferring to keep to leading her own little group then to join clubs of teams of anykind. She caused trouble where ever she went and spent more time in detention then not, her taste for pain was born withint the walls of hogwarts as she learn new ways to harm others and experimented with making herself the best.
As the rush of speculation about Voldemort swept threw the school Bella was drawn like a moth to a flame. She trained harder then anyone perfecting herself. She knew the path she'd take before it was anything more then a suggestion, in love with the idea of what she wanted and partly with Voldemort himself she became a fierce duelist, unparalleled in the school and vain about her abilities. She honed her skills in Bartemius Crouch Jr. dueling club as she prepared to join Voldemort.
Sexuality: Strait
Nevers: anything too extreme, check O&O's for specifics
Other: Slightly off kilter but not full out crazy...yet ;)

minerva7790

Yay, character sheets~~

Name: Sirius Black
House: Gryffindor
Appearance:

With his dark hair and fiendish good looks, Sirius is the man of many girl's dreams. His pale grey eyes offer a stark contrast to his hair, lending them a hypnotic charm. Sirius is taller than James ever was, but no less well-built. He likes to keep a little stubble and sideburns which lend their quality to his roguish nature.
Personality: Sirius strives as much as possible to be different from the crowd. That began when he was eleven, and put on the Sorting Hat in front of the rest of the school. His family expected him to be in Slytherin, the way they had been for centuries, but Sirius chose Gryffindor, just to be different.

Although Sirius pretends that he doesn't care much about grades, he understands the importance of excelling at school, especially since it is his wish to gain independence of his family as quickly as possible. With the recent rise of the Dark Lord, and with his family's fervent support of Lord Voldemort, this has become all the more of utmost priority to Sirius. That said, he is very thankful to be able to excel without much studying. Of course it helps one of your best friends is the studious Moony!

To the disappointment of many girls, Sirius doesn't quite care much for a relationship now. I mean, a fling or two, yes. But settle down, and get married? Sirius takes one look at Prong's fate, being at Lily's beck and call, and he shudders.

Despite that, Sirius is as loyal as they get, even if it might take some time to earn his trust. He would never betray the other Marauders, or Dumbledore, whom he reserves the highest respect too.

History (be as detailed as possible):
Sirius was born the oldest son of Orion and Walburga Black. The Blacks were a family that was always very proud of their pureblood status. While he was growing up, however, Sirius always found this view stiffling and narrow-minded. His father was a strict man who expected nothing but perfection from his young son. His mother, loathe to let her son mingle with the muggle neighbours, kept Sirius indoors all day, teaching him to read and write with her left hand always ready to give him a backhanded smack if he made a mistake. It was thus that Sirius led a lonely, miserable childhood.

Two years after Sirius was born, his parents had another son, Regulus. Initially, Sirius took on the role of a protective older brother, shielding Regulus from the harsh treatment he had been subject to. Sirius needn't have worried, however, because Regulus was obedient and intelligent, everything Orion and Walburga wanted in a son.

While the two boys were growing up, it became apparent that they were no more alike than night and day. Regulus took on his parents believes and rules readily, while Sirius rebelled openly, and suffered the punishments. It did not take long for Sirius to learn that open rebellion was not the best solution, however, and tried to be more like his little brother. Silently, though, he prayed for the day when his Hogwarts letter would come.

When he finally turned eleven, he was not sorry to leave his family behind on the platform of the Hogwarts Express. He was already looking forward to new beginnings, you see. He met James Potter on that very train ride, and secured his enmity with Severus Snape too. Already, things were beginning to look good.

His parents did not take well to the news of his Sorting, of course. They threatened to take him out of Hogwarts and have him transfered to Durmstrang. But they did not want relatives and family friends to gossip about it. No, better to leave him where he is, as if it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, better Gryffindor than Hufflepuff, right?

The more Sirius spent at Hogwarts, the more he began to see the flaws in his parent's steadfast belief in the importance of keeping blood pure. He began to spend less and less time at home during the summer, and more and more time at his best friend James' house. The Potters, to his delight, took him in willingly. Being in their house, Sirius could feel the warmth and love in the family. This was a true family, not like the harsh beatings and stinging words he endured at home.

Now, with the rise of the Dark Lord, Sirius' parents began to pressure him to break off ties with Gryffindor, long associated to be the 'losing side', and swear loyalty to Lord Voldemort. Sirius managed to hold them off for long enough, but, fearing that they will take him to Voldemort against his own will, Sirius ran away from his home. It was then that his mother, in a fit of anger, blasted his name off the family tree, effectively disowning him. Although his uncle Alphard had left him a large inheritance, rendering him essentially financially independent, Sirius chose to stay with James for a little while. He now looks for an opportunity to repay the Potters for their generosity and kindness towards him.

Sexuality: Bi-curious.
Nevers: Scat, water sports.
Other: Sirius always felt a tiny connection to Remy, because she is a Gryffindor from a family of Slytherins, same as he is.
Also, Sirius secretly cares very deeply for Regulus. He doesn't think Reg appreciates it very much, though.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

WerewolfofLondon

Name: Gryna Lox
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Gryna is a petite little thing, standing at only five feet high. She is lithe and delicate, looking as if she would blow away and break in the breeze. Her inky black hair is meant to be a stylish pixie cute, but is so wild it sticks up in all directions and she can never seem to be able to tame it. Her skin is almost deathly pale and seems to shimmer in certain light and her eyes are an unnaturally bright blue and looks to have a ring of glitter around the iris. Although she tries to cover them up with hats, most cannot help but notice the long, pointed ears that poke up through her unruly hair.
Personality: Usually quite shy, she will eventually open up once she makes friends. Despite being worried about what others would think about her appearance, she is friendly, joyous and loyal to a fault. However, if you poke a tiger long enough it will bite you, and Gryna is no different. She takes people's bullying and snide remarks for far longer than most would,  but woe betide any who get on the wrong side of her. To Gryna, revenge is a dish best served cold.
History: Many rumours surround Gryna and her Mother, the main one being that her Father was one of the Fae-Folk and imprinted his image upon his daughter. Whenever Gryna asks about her Father, her Mother continually tells her that she will tell her when she is older. This frustrates the young Witch, as it is clear to see she is not a Pure Blood, but she cannot say for sure what her other half is. She could do magic from a very early age, some of these magics her Mother instructed her not to do in public and not to let anyone know she could do them. They were not rich, nor were they poor, living in a modest farm house and her Mother making their money as a Fortune Teller, getting most of her business from Muggles. Gryna knows next to nothing about the Muggle world as she can not walk as freely amongst them as her mother could.
There was no great tragedy in her life, nobody to seek vengeance for and other than wishing to know the identity of her Father, no great mission or goal. She loves Hogwarts and wishes to become a teacher there some day. Many times she writes on her parchment 'Professor Lox. Professor of Defence Against The Dark Arts.'

Sexuality: Straight
Nevers: Scat, water sports, excessive blood play. If in doubt, ask.
Other: There is another who has an interest in the Dark Arts, one called Severus. This boy keeps to himself a lot, but Gryna cannot help but be interested in this quiet student, which usually gets her into the firing line of his tormentors. 

WittyShrew

Name: Regulus Arcturus Black

Appearance: Regulus resembles his elder brother closely with the semi-long but choppy dark hair and striking grey eyes. He is slighter and shorter than Sirius but nonetheless possesses the haughty good looks and air of casual elegance known to the Black family.

Personality: Regulus can be described as refined at best and rather intelligent. Far less mischievous than his older brother, Regulus is determined to uphold his family's image and continue to be the dutiful son his parents can be proud of. Aside from that, like any other 16 year old boy, he enjoys a good laugh, often at the expense of some unfortunate Gryffindors.

History (be as detailed as possible: Regulus was born in 1961 into the wealthy, pure-blooded Black family, as the youngest son of Orion and Walburga Black and younger brother of Sirius Black. Regulus' parents considered him to be much different from his older brother Sirius. Although Sirius is the older son and heir, he doesn't whatsoever follow the Black family traditions, unlike Regulus. Their parents disapproved of this, and Sirius was later sorted into Gryffindor house when he attended Hogwarts. Following this, Sirius left home at the age of sixteen and was subsequently disowned and burned from the family tapestry by his parents like Andromeda Tonks was. Regulus, on the other hand, was admired by his parents for his loyalty towards his family and their traditions. Regulus, unlike Sirius, was sorted into Slytherin, and became a member of his house Quidditch team as their Seeker. A long time admirer of the dark lord, he has only recently obtained his dark mark to become a true death eater.

Sexuality: Heterosexual (can be driven to bisexuality if you play your cards right :])
Nevers: Scat, incest
Other: Nuh. Well, understand that I'm not opposed to m/m as far as Reg is concerned. He just sees himself as het for now. o_o

Kendra

Aries Maynard

Blood Status: Half Blood
Appearance:
6’3” tall, 190 lbs – lean toned body, blond hair and pale green eyes

Personality: enjoys teasing and pranking whoever he can, torments both genders but mostly those of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Intelligent, brutal yet devilishly handsome. Abuses his magical talents regularly to get what he wants. Worships the ideals of the Dark Lord but it doesn’t stop him from molesting a few muggleborns for his own personal pleasures.

History:

My father:

Democles Maynard born to wizards Barabus Maynard and Carla Montegomery. My grandmothers family were wizarding though somewhere along the line there has been the shameful marriage to a muggleborn. They lived for a time in Portugal and also Poland depending on where my grandfathers job within the ministry took them. Finally when my father received his letter from Hogwarts they moved to Scotland. My grandfather was greatly disappointed as he had hoped his son would attend Durmstrang like he had but no letter from that school ever came. As it was my father became a Ravenclaw but due to severe harassment by a group of Slytherins he left. His grandfather was disgusted by this lack of backbone in his only son and though he attempted to get his son into Durmstrang, my father was homeschooled instead.

He went to work for the daily prophet as a reporter, it was thanks to this job that sent him on location to America that he met his future bride, my mother Antonia Verbalian. They corresponded when he returned to Scotland but eventually she moved over and they married in the summer of 1968. My father eventually rose in the ranks of the newspaper to become assist editor at The Daily Prophet. Delighted two years later when I was born.

My Mother:

Antonia Verbilian, was also born in  Chicago, Illinois. Her parents were also wizards though her grandparents were all muggles. She attended Salem School of Witchcraft. On discovering her love of literature she began work in a book store and it was here she met my father who was abroad working. They fell in love but as he returned to Scotland, she thought nothing more would come of the relationship. She was therefore delighted when he began writing her lengthy letters and she replied as kind. It was not long before she quit her job and moved to Scotland where they eventually married. After their first year and no sign of any children, she went to night school to study for a teachers degree only to quit her studies a year later when I was born.

My mother of course always lived in awe of her father-in-law, a gruff old man with a solid temper. He insisted from the day I was born that I would attend Durmstang but was disgusted when in the mail during my eleventh year my letter to Hogwarts arrived. I was thrilled all my friends were attending.

Siblings, if any: -I am an only child

Pets, if any: Had a dog but he was struck by a ricocheting spell and died.

Area of Residence: We now live in Darempale, 3 miles outside of Edinburgh. It is a small village where other wizarding families live. Some of my fathers work colleagues live there. My mother opened up a creche for magical children as there seemed to be a massive call for it.

Best School Subject: Transfiguration
Worst School Subject: herbology
Patronus: ferret
Boggart: rats
Extra-Curricular Activities: Quidditch - Team Captain
Sexuality: bisexual

Nevers: see my O/O’s

Revenent

And, just like the real HP series, no one of any importance is in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. :P

WittyShrew

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 03:36:18 PM
And, just like the real HP series, no one of any importance is in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. :P
What about Diggory and Luna? =P

WerewolfofLondon

Ahhhhh, I love Luna! Especially when she has that lion hat on! ^^

Revenent

Quote from: WittyShrew on December 13, 2010, 03:54:25 PM
What about Diggory and Luna? =P

Neither of them accomplish anything in regards to the Second Wizarding War, though. Diggory's only contribution was hinting at Harry on how to listen to the golden egg during the Triwizard Tournament. (even then, only because Crouch-Moody suggested it) and, from what I remember, Luna didn't do anything except get kidnapped by the Death Eaters.

That's not to say that Luna's not brilliant, though! I really wish Harry would have married her instead of generic old Ginny. :-(

WittyShrew

Personally, I like to pair Luna with Draco... .__. But that's just me.

Kendra

Well we have Cho - Harry's first love interest who is a total wet bag and it always makes me laugh that for the smartest House they never win the house cup lol

Luna is ruddy awesome - she turns up to fight the good fight as well ;)

as to Luna and Draco however... NO WAY!! rofl ... have to admit I like reading slash stories of Drarry lmao

Diggory - is better in the books - much hotter lmao - he's well liked by most of the girls at the school and the guys

but we don't have to worry about that era we're plenty of years before then - I'm sure we can NPC characters from the other houses to pick up the slack ;)

WerewolfofLondon

I have never understood the attraction to Draco. He's far too cowardly.

WittyShrew

Do we not have a Snape?

D: I <3 Snape. I'd totally rp Snape if I hadn't already claimed Reg.

WerewolfofLondon

I'm hoping we get a Snape, as I will be rping my OC from one of my HP fics. Although in the fics she is the DADA teacher, and in this rp (If I'm accepted) I'll be playing her younger self!

Kendra

I think the attraction is more Tom Fenton and not Draco ;)

no Snape as yet --- keeping my eyes peeled for him though and Sirius  >:)

WerewolfofLondon

Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman make me happy in my pants!  ;D

Kendra

Quote from: WerewolfofLondon on December 13, 2010, 04:50:33 PM
Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman make me happy in my pants!  ;D

oh me too girl - me too  >:)  ;D

WerewolfofLondon

I just want him to dress as Snape and chase me around and tell me I've been a bad girl! <3

WittyShrew

I ship Sirius/Snape... :P

But more so Snape/Lily. D;

Kendra

oh would be happy to be chased by either of them, though somehow I think I would end up doing all the chasing  >:)

WerewolfofLondon

Bwahahahaha!!! I am sure between us we could hunt down and capture them!

Alysanthia

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 03:36:18 PM

Yay I get to be the odd ball! 8D

Name:  Symphony Everstone

House:  Hufflepuff

Appearance:  Easily lost in a crowd, Symphony stands only at 5’2 inches tall with large warm cinnamon eyes that express her every emotion.  She has smooth, tan complexion inherited from her father and rich, black hair which when the sun hits it seems to shine with a dark blue coloring.  Normally allowing her wild hair to fall free, the only accessory ever seen in her hair are different flowers, every day she picks a new blossom to wear. Her lips are plump, and her smile wide adding to her exotic beauty and reflecting her curiosity. 

Choosing to wear her uniform skirt longer than the rest, Symphony also wears different colored petticoats to peek out from under the dull grey hem of her skirt.  Not liking the feeling of the tie around her neck she opted to wear it around her waist as a belt; allowing everyone to see the various necklaces that adorned her neck.  When allowed to wear her muggle clothing she chooses loose summer dresses and a plethora of bright skirts paired with slightly form fitting peasant tops.

Personality:  A sweet aura surrounds as well as a air of curiosity, always kind to anyone no matter what house they where apart of she sometimes keeps to herself when up in the female dormitories of Hufflepuff. Due to being the eldest of her siblings (though none of them related to her by blood.) Symphony will easily try to calm a situation  with words rather than violence, some even going as far to say that her soft tone could calm a wild Hippogriff.

History:  Born in a loving pure blooded family, Symphony was treasured by her father and mother. Sadly though the young child never got to ever know her father, Edmond Everstone was a curse breaker and was secretly working on a way to reverse the effect of the Avada Kadava. Unfortunately the man misfired during a test and was hit by the wayward curse. Aira not knowing what else to do; returned to her family with her four month old babe. Symphony’s grandparents not sharing their daughter’s open minded views of the world and boasted their support of Voldemort, not wanting her daughter to be raised in such a environment like she was Aira quickly found a way out. A old suitor from her youth; a widower himself they decided to marry for comfort and companionship.

So at the age of three Symphony got a new father and two younger brothers; though sadly she did not fit in with her new family. Aira, Talbot, and his sons all had fair hair and fair complexions;  so quite literally she was the ‘black’ sheep of her new family. As she grew Symphony realized that she didn’t share her ‘father’s’ views on the world and believed a person was a person no matter what. While the years passed Aira came to accept her husband’s ways and adapted, agreeing with him even if she hadn’t before this caused all sorts of confusion for Symphony as she grew up in a world that was slowly entering a war.
Finally entering Hogwarts, she found a place with her fellow Hufflepuffs though her family wasn’t really happy with the results, they did at least tolerate saying it was better than Gryfindor.

Normally keeping to only her friends in her house though she quickly found a place in the schools’ small choir, later on in her third year she made a slight spectacle of herself when she put herself between a group of fighting students.  After that Symphony slowly became known as a peacemaker of sorts,  or at least they knew not to fight if she was around seeing how she would defend any house.  Now as it neared her graduation she is slightly clueless on what to do; having done well on her O.W.L.s and   N.E.W.T.s Symphony wanted to continue to perform, finding that she felt truly like herself whenever singing with the choir.

Sexuality:  Straight

Nevers:  Vore, Gore, Scat, Watersports, anything that breaks the rule. Check my o/o's for the full list.

Other: After classes she can be usually found either practicing her singing on wondering around the Herbology house.

mindlessmenage

These are all fantastic, I'm very excited. I do hope we get a Snape, and definately a James. They are pretty important to the story. Wormtail, not so much, he can be pimped out to whoever needs him. People aren't really drawn to playing someone so cowardly and unimpressive.  ;)
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

WerewolfofLondon

Yeah... Cowardly and Unimpressive doesn't look too good on your C.V  :P

Alysanthia

Oh I hope we get a Snape and James soon... This looks like it is going to be so much fun. ^_^

And if anything we can just say Wormtail is sick in the hospital wing every day?