[Pathfinder, Recruitment Closed] Warpath of the Righteous: WotR & Path of War

Started by indarkestknight, September 18, 2016, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my sheet accordingly. I thought she could had learned Giant from her inner demon (oni).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 27, 2016, 05:17:53 AM
Ok, edited my sheet accordingly. I thought she could had learned Giant from her inner demon (oni).

She can! If she takes a rank of linguistics.  :P

indarkestknight

Or, you know, if she decides to use the retraining rules to learn additional languages instead, she'll always be treated as having a trainer in Giant, though she'll still need to pay the training cost.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, but knowing giant is not that major a deal though. Just thought flavorful for her know giant because his inner demon/oni spoke of it (besides abyssal/draconic etc). As giant is one older/ancient languages besides sylvan what a kami may had known in life.

Chulanowa

Premier

Fixed the errors on my sheet!

Yes I took average gold, I just tracked it badly it seems. Also how can I pass up mystical tattoo's? Just too cool not to take.

Latooni Subota

Always thought that starting languages thing was dumb, especially considering I'm a Kenabres native so planar languages should be fairly well-known. :x
I forgot to change my initiative after I swapped to a different stance, is the answer to question two.
No idea why I had that check penalty. Re-inputed my armor to fix it.
I . . totally forgot my size bonus. Nuts.
Dunno what was up with my gold calculation. Probably something went screwy with my math after I swapped out weapons for tools. Fixed it.

Everything should be okay now. Probably.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revelation

Changes should be done, and replaced my +1 HP with a 1/6th of a combat feat instead from favored class bonuses.

ShadowFox89

I may have some suggested house rules from one of Path of War's writers >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Work chewed me up yesterday (I appreciate the money from a second shift, but it's... tiring.) So I didn't get to work on this like I'd hoped. Thankfully, most of the idea is in my head, so the trick is putting it all down into text today. I'm not sure on the campaign trait or mythic path yet... except that Archmage is a no-go obviously  O8) What campaign traits are already "in play"?

Name:  Kalti Twice-Scarred
Race: Idyllkin Aasimar (Kellid ethnicity)
Class: Warlord (no Archetype)
Sheet

Background
Kalti hails from the cold steppes east of the Tusk Mountains, Grandaughter of the Chieftain of the Rawbone tribe under the small Running Bear Gathering. Her conception was a surprise, and the Witch-Mothers held it as a good omen for the tribe; after all her father, Verttu Who Walks Twice, survived an attack from a rhinoceros that should have made such a conception... difficult, let's say. The witch-mothers' omens were proven true when the girl came from the womb painlessly with eyes that shone like stars and a coat of fine feathers that fell away shortly after birth. And the Rawbone needed an omen, for they were at war. From her earliest days, Kalti learned of war and danger and leadership; Giants raided from the north,rabid orcs from the south, and terrible demons made incursions from the east. Beset so, even chieftain's daughters - maybe especially chieftain's daughters - needed to know their way around a weapon.

All was not blood and bone, though. Day-to-day life on the steppes was hard, but Kalti and her people knew no easier. She had no shortage of suitors, male and female alike, bringing her their songs, bringing trophies, or simply promising quick kisses and deft hands in the alder breaks. She studied with the Witch-Mothers for a time, learning strange things about herself and the history of hte world that made her head spin - she eas clearly not destined to walk the path of magic, they concluded. Instead she focused on learning to rule, and learning to fight.

Her grandfather's funeral was a raucus affair; among the tribes it is believed that a man who outwits death long enough grows bored and goes seeking death on his own terms; Hruth of the Seven Spears was such a man, who had seen eighty-five seasons, had as many scars as members of his tribe, and who had gone looking for death with a woman atop him. The whole of the Rawbone tribe, and many others from the Running Bear Gathering beside came to drink and tell tales of Hruth and couple in hopes of bringing his spirit back to the tribe. By early evening the western steppes were alive with fires and the sounds of Kellid warriors and spearwomen celebrating life in spite of death. Apparently death took offense, or maybe the sentinels were just roaring drunk themselves; the attack of Abyss-spawn from the East went unnoticed until they were almost at Hruth's pyre, . In the end, most of the Rawbone were dead, Hruth's corpse had been taken as a prize by the surviving demons, and Kalti bore her father's sword; a dead man can't lift it, after all.

With the burning blood of one of the monsters she had slain, Kalti marked herself for vengeance, and began her travels. She knew of a great war on the far side of the foul Eastern lands, great warriors of all lands imaginable beating back the fiends through the sheer power of glory. Getting there has been the tricky part; the lands of the Mammoth Lords are isolated, and paths through Belkzen and Ustulav are barely safer than walking through the Worldwound itself. Kalti has seen an enormous amount of the world (or so she feels) in a surprisingly brief period of time. Her Taldane is halting and badly-accented, and she is obviously an outsider, a barbarian wherever she goes. Those she has shared her story with call her a "crusader" though, and most seem to offer her respect for that. Now she is to Kaenbraes, starting point of her final destination.

indarkestknight

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 28, 2016, 11:49:50 AM
I may have some suggested house rules from one of Path of War's writers >.>

By all means, share with the class.

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 28, 2016, 01:18:12 PM
What campaign traits are already "in play"?

Chance Encounter (Trickster)
• Lissa Oddworthy (Halfling Stalker), played by Latooni Subota
Child of the Crusades (Marshal)
• Nishikawa Mitsuyo (Human Zealot), played by Skynet
Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian)
• Boris Kaminski (Human Warder), played by MrBubbles
• Nanaly Felsoul (Tiefling Warder), played by Zaer Darkwail
Stolen Fury (Champion)
• Sebastian Durand (Human Warlord), played by Changingsaint
• Tevreh Gnelm (Half-Orc Harbinger), played by Premier
???
• Katherine (Tiefling Mystic), played by ShadowFox89

Aside from Latooni, does anyone else want to weigh in with an opinion on two separate campaigns vs one campaign with two separated groups to start?

Guancyto

oh shit, am I the only one who hasn't finished their character?

blarg.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Guancyto on September 28, 2016, 04:09:48 PM
oh shit, am I the only one who hasn't finished their character?

blarg.

A couple sheets are still incomplete, and Snake expressed interest six days ago, but hasn't been heard from since.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 28, 2016, 03:53:20 PM
Aside from Latooni, does anyone else want to weigh in with an opinion on two separate campaigns vs one campaign with two separated groups to start?

I myself fine either way. But if have to cast vote, my vote would go single campaign but two groups (may cause extra work for GM to create/think content for second group to do or somehow participate other way in campaign).

Premier

If it's a published campaign it's only meant for one group right?

Two separate campaigns would make more sense.

Revelation

I can go either way. Two groups would make things go faster, but one group is less damaged by people dropping.

Guancyto

I don't mind either way.

I'm looking at the Child of the Crusades trait (got a ranged-and-water-focused Mystic sketched out), apparently everyone who chooses that is supposed to be siblings, so, Skynet, how do you feel about that? :P

Mechanics here, need starting gold and pretty much everything else as well.

indarkestknight

For anyone having trouble reconciling backgrounds due to shared campaign traits, that's a valid reason to vote for two separate campaigns.

MrBubbles

I'm with Premier on this one; the campaign was designed for four people, and we've got eight(?). Two separate campaigns should work the best.

Chulanowa

Yeah, two groups of four would be best. Wrath of the Righteous already works "wonky", doubling the cast would just make it a cakewalk

indarkestknight

In case we do go in that direction, could everyone PM me their preferences, if any, as to who they'd like to have in their party? For instance, if you have a hard time reconciling backstories with other players who have taken the same campaign trait, or, conversely, if there's someone you're hoping to be in the same party as. Premier, for instance, mentioned she's looking for another PC that might put her character on the path to becoming a better person. Even if you have no preference, please still let me know you have no preference.

Chulanowa

And there, got a more-or-less ready sheet going. I'm going for a Marshal build with a lean towards big attacks and intimidate... though? Part of me also wants to go ranged, sinply becuase it seems a spot we could use. Hmmmm.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Guancyto on September 28, 2016, 05:54:35 PMI'm looking at the Child of the Crusades trait (got a ranged-and-water-focused Mystic sketched out), apparently everyone who chooses that is supposed to be siblings, so, Skynet, how do you feel about that? :P

Not strictly accurate. Everyone who takes Child of the Crusades should be family – siblings is possible, but cousins or even more distant family ties are on the table, too. However, you must be aware of those family ties.

Chulanowa, Guancyto, Shadow Fox89, is there anything any of you three need from me to help you complete your character sheets? Please let me know once they're ready, and I'll look them over.

Is there anything else anyone needs from me at this point?