News:

Main Menu

Rpol down?

Started by GoldenChild, May 08, 2006, 02:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diddywah

Quote from: alahendra on May 08, 2006, 08:06:09 PM
Heya--sorry to jump in on the conversation.  I have heard from an online friend who is acquainted with one of the mods that RPoL is down due to an issue with their hosting company.  Sorry I don't have more details than that.  :-[

:(  Stupid hosting company   :(

Thanks Alahendra - for the info...maybe, just maybe I'll be able to force myself to stop clicking on my RPol link.

... but then again...

Hunter

Quote from: diddywah on May 09, 2006, 08:04:36 AM
:(  Stupid hosting company   :(

Thanks Alahendra - for the info...maybe, just maybe I'll be able to force myself to stop clicking on my RPol link.

... but then again...

I gave up the rpol thingy a while ago.  *and is happier for it*

alahendra

Quote from: Purple on May 08, 2006, 10:08:47 PM
As of 08 May 2006: RPoL has been down since approximately Sun 07 May 2006 0230 GMT. Current ETA is that it will be back online by Thurs 11 May 2006.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roleplay_Online

Actually Diddywah, Purple provides more info, but yes.  Stupid hosting company!!!
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Lyria

Quote from: Hunter on May 09, 2006, 09:16:48 AM
I gave up the rpol thingy a while ago.  *and is happier for it*

Yay that hunter is happy? *hands a cookie*

But for the rest of us who still enjoy it...

this sucks, but at least we know it's not permanent or damaging.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

alahendra

More info can be found at

status.rpol.net

MagicalPen

I been done for a week now  :)  Wrote a 16 page paper on Tuesday so i could come home on Wednesday, a 6 page paper on Monday (the day it was assigned) and a portfolio and a 10 page paper that prior weekend. All so i could come home after Ortho last wednesday. Tomorrow, i have another ortho to deal with results of MRI...and hopefully get walking cast so i can go to Australia!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TigreFatalis

*crosses her fingers for Silvestine*  We can hope!
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

Purple

Darn deadline!  :(  Gone and passed us by and still no RPoL.  Here's a little something a friend of mine set up.  It's cute, but understandably appropriate.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/lunarii_grove/RPoL_Vigil.htm
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

alahendra

Considering all the problems with the hosting company that I've read about here:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=508358

I'm not surprised it's still down.  :'(

GoldenChild

According to status.rpol.net a new host has been arranged. Now we "just" have to wait for rpol to get online so jase could take the data from the old server and transform it to the new one.

Lilac

Oh dear...

Some (all?) customers have lost all of their data ;_;

Maybe us leaving was a blessing in disguise.

Still, this type of thing makes me want to run the crontab twice a day, I know I'd feel murderous for this kind of situation. >_<

Anyway, our hosting plan got significantly upgraded, to the point where we could host about a third of rpol's traffic.  Maybe I should make an offer host the entire adult games division.

GoldenChild

It's not a very pleasent thought...

Do you guys store backups on Elliquiy elsewhere than on your host's server?

Lilac

Every month or so, either Vekseid or I download a full copy of the database.  Probably should be weekly >_>

Images and avatars are not backed up, however.  But I don't see that being the primary concern here.

GoldenChild

I would agree... myself has a full backup of everything (picture wise) I uses. I can't say the same for Rpol IF the data from their database would be damaged... Two years of gaming... *poof* (if that would be the case).

Purple

Quote from: Lilac on May 12, 2006, 07:40:09 AM
Anyway, our hosting plan got significantly upgraded, to the point where we could host about a third of rpol's traffic.  Maybe I should make an offer host the entire adult games division.

I think that's a great idea since the new version of RPoL will result in having to pay for access to the adult section.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

GoldenChild

And once that happens I will pay for it too  ;D

Purple

I think I wll as well, if I can figure out a way to sneak it past my husband.   :)

GoldenChild

Both my wife and I play there so for me it won't be a problem :)

You husband doesn't know you play at all?

Purple

Not like this...  ;)   Darn those uptight, missionary kid types... :(

GoldenChild

I know how it is, my wife doesn't really approve of this site either and then I haven't told her any details (shame on me), not that she has asked for that matter.

Purple

But she does play on RPoL in the adult section?  There's some differences, granted...but isn't it kind of an either none or all type thing?  It's okay to play or it's not?  I very easily might be wrong, but I kind of usually see things mostly in black or white with little grey.

GoldenChild

No she only play on the "other section", she has said she isn't interested in playing adult. Not that we have spoken about it either really. Personally I don't see any wrong with playing adult as long as it stays online and as a fantasy. I do believe there was a topic about this a while ago.

Purple

Well I'm with you on this one obviously.   :)  Still, he will never understand, of that I'm certain.  He doesn't approve of anything unless it involves him and me only...and I probably shouldn't go in any more detail, huh.   :P

GoldenChild

No please don't  8)

Purple

Glad I remembered to stop myself.  :)