Adventurer's Guild (5th Edition DND)

Started by Lyku, December 12, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

I am checking interest for players for an Adventurer's Guild RPG.  It will be a game with a loose limit, and if the interest is high, I will look into a co-DM.  The game will have an area where players can intereact with a casual setting, allowing friendship, romance, and whatnot.  The game will consist of a good amount of short adventures and will be made so that they might be for smaller groups, larger or even solo adventurers.  There will be dungeon crawling, finding loot and hopefully personal growth.  I am also encouraging players to develop a background so that people can have personal stories also to help mold them into the heroes (Or villians <_<) that they want to be.

For those interested, there are a couple guidelines.

Alignement for character have to be non-Evil.  Perhaps that might change if you go that route and such progression needs to make sense (Lawful Good saying 'Well, time to slaughter this orphanage for the lawls" is no bueno and more seems completely out of alignment UNLESS there is a reason (I have good reason to believe these are all secretly demons..)

Starting states for the characters are as followed 16, 15, 14, 12, 10, 8.

This is a game I want to run more often.  As such, I want players to give their post pace preference, so that when adventurer's do occur, people are on the same track.

All Characters start at Level 1 with the standard beginning gear.

For players that do not have the ability to play every day, I will be incorporating a training option, which will allow XP growth which can be done when you are NOT on an adventure.  This means you will accrue XP as your character trains even if the player is not present.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Chulanowa

I'm interested!

There any teasers for beginning plot?

Lyku

I will try to post that information in just a bit.  I want this to be a game that players will be able to approach it how they want.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lynx181

Count me in too, but just to warn you my hours around are wierd

Isengrad

I am looking to get back into Elliquiy and I do absolutely love 5th edition, have been on a big kick for that latly. Would love to Come in with a Tempest cleric. I should be able to post once a day(that's the goal, busy season right now). I usually play dwarf but I think a Human Cleric of the Storm would feel nice. What kind of setting are you thinking of using?

original artwork by karabiner

Ershin

I've been wanting to try out 5th for ages though my real life group refuses to even try it, so please count me amongst those expressing interest.

Bibliophilia

Lyku

I will be posting more specifics tomorrow when i am in front of an actual PC so I can copy and paste.  The world is one at war.  You all are recruits to one of the larger Adventure Guilds.  The home base is a moderate size city and there are different parts of the city for those of different prestige.  Each member will be given a license for missions.  Better licenses are needed for stronger missions.  The better the missions, the better the reward along with additional previledges/responsibilities within the town.  Some beginner missions may be as simple as handling bandits, but some might also take non-combativie approaches, including diplomacy.  Depending on how you handle a situation may affect the views of those who hired you and could help you in future adventures. Taking up a mission will also require you purchasing the rights to it, with the price always less than the reward.  When getting your license, you will get a few free missions, as is a gift, so that you will be able to start turning an income.

The big emphasis of this game is that this is one that people will be able to play for a long time, post at the rate that they want, and ideally will have room for additional players.  For the time being, I am restricting each player to only one character.

Some missions may go as according to plan while others might have a few curve balls.

Now, missions will have recommended numbers.   This does not mean it can ONLY be completed with those numbers.  If there is a mission that they feel one person can handle it, and you want to head in with two of your friends, the rewards will be smaller (As I am assuming you will be splitting the rewards with those there).  That being said, you can also grab rights to a stronger mission if you feel you are badass and can handle it alone or with less people.

This guild has multiple divisions, so as things progress, you may venture out and explore the world. 

Be warned, your actions may affect the future, be it in a good way or a bad way.
---

One option I am considering is the option of retirement.  I am still working out the details, but it is more for those people who find they are either losing interest in a character or need a break.  If you retire out a character, you will be permitted to make ONE additional character. 
Your primary character will become unavailable to play for some period of time (I am leaning towards 2-4 weeks.). The new character will be able to be made at 1/2 the character level of your primary character.  Any desire to pull in a third character will result in you permanently getting rid of one of your two other characters.  After this decision is made, a 24 hour window will open incase you have any second thoughts, but after that time, the character will be removed permanently.

If you have any questions regarding 5th edition, do not hesitate PMing me about it.  Depending on the turn out of the those interested, I might look into an assistant DM, who would still be permitted to have a character and merely would not be able to run scenes involving their own character (If it is a scene that their character was not initially involved in and there character must join in, I will take over running it to permit them to play their character.)

People can start posting their characters that they want to play.  I will be setting up an intro post tomorrow and in all honesty, I will be able to start setting up mission details tomorrow more than likely.

Remember that you do not need to start adventuring immediately if you want to socialize.  Lodging for beginning licenses is provided, but it is very minimal.  The other thing to consider is, if you get the funds and eventually want to contribute to the city in other ways, that is something that can happen. (You want to eventually open a bar for income on the side, more power to you And I hope you have some connections from past adventures.)

Right now, I have no desire to count each day as one day, but will instead be counting every 2 weeks of real time as 1 week in game time.  This way scenes will be able to be paced.  If anyone has any ideas they want to inquire or see if it would be something to enrich the experience, feel free to PM me.

-Lyku

Chulanowa

Well, I know one thing for certain... i DON'T wanna play another rogue. so if someone else wants to pick that up!

Also Lyku, are the unearthed arcanae allowed for this? -Eyeballing certain races and class options-

Bibliophilia

And, are we allowed to go with the variant human option?

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

Lyku

So, a couple things... first...

No ponies, real or otherwise until you can actually afford them.  Get the money and you can make yourself a pony farm if you want.

For the time being, I am thinking about restricting the use of the Unearthed Arcana, solely as I do not have the book and I'm not familiar enough with the material. 

I am permitted human variant.

I also spoke with Sherlock, as some of people know, had to close the SGA game due to personal reasons.  I have decided to allow players who were in this to bring over their characters if they want.  All characters were level one, but it would allow them to come with the XP and the experiences they had.  I am doing this as I know some people wanted to see how those characters would progress. 

Considering this will involve adventures, that small XP difference can easily caught up, as XP will be award for monsters, tasks, etc.

I will be placing this information in the SGA OOC group made by Sherlock to open up to other players, which will allow people to keep old character bonds and to create new ones.

Bibliophilia

Yay, human variant!  I don't have to be mashed potatoes without salt.

-giggles.-

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on December 13, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
For the time being, I am thinking about restricting the use of the Unearthed Arcana, solely as I do not have the book and I'm not familiar enough with the material. 

Well, luckily they're free online articles / PDFs from WotC: https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/wiki/resourcelist

QuoteI also spoke with Sherlock, as some of people know, had to close the SGA game due to personal reasons.  I have decided to allow players who were in this to bring over their characters if they want.  All characters were level one, but it would allow them to come with the XP and the experiences they had.  I am doing this as I know some people wanted to see how those characters would progress.

Well, hmmmm!

Bibliophilia

Lyku, are you allowing Aasimar?  'Cause...reasons.

persephone325

*peeks in*

I'm only familiar with Pathfinder, but being introduced to it really got me interested in the whole D&D world.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Lyku

As Unearthed Arcana is apparently a free PDF and accessible... I can not deny it's existance and thus it is usable.

What book is Aasimar from?

5th is similar to Pathfinder in someways and different in others.  You are more than welcome and if you have questions regarding 5th, myself and I can assume some of the players will be willing to help you out with things.

To confirm, this game is friendly for all genders and sexualities.  This is a collective story that all of you are co-authors for and thus your unique flairs are a good thing... unless it is massive player killing.  That would make me sad.  I just create the scenarios to kill.. er... encourage you. :)

Isengrad

Assimar is presented in the DMG in the Dms workshop section on creating new races or subraces Page 286. Eledrin is also given as a Subrace for elf on the same page.

Lyku

Thank you, so yes, permitted.  When creating sheets, please put racial bonuses on it for easy reference.

Isengrad

Can we get a link to the SGA ooc you speak of? Like I said I am just getting back into this place and am having trouble finding it.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest also to join in, not sure what race/class exactly (need go check my PDF at home). But definately interested and potentially co-GM.

Lyku

This is the link to the OOC thread for Sherlock's SGA game:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238223.0

Zaer, I will take note of your potential interest as a co-DM.  I will see how things look.  I will try to get up the intro in the next few hours.

Landshark

Interested...quick stupid question here. The stat line you posted is before racial bonuses yes?
Thinking rogue/swashbuckler...or Sorcerer/Storm origin. Both from the Waterborn Unearthed Arcana.

Lyku

Yes, those are before racial and those are acceptable classes.

Landshark

Not that the Storm Sorcerer is required to be at sea but i was just wondering if there would be sea fairing adventures at times? No big deal if not, just curious.

Lyku

For those with a beginner's license, probably not.  Earn your reputation and you may find yourself travelling.

Landshark

Lyku

I'm having second thoughts on Unearthed Arcana... I hate Eberron...

Zaer Darkwail

Just ban Eberron related stuff from there ;)

Lyku

As much as I hate Eberron, this is the story of the players, so i am not banning any of it.

Chulanowa

How could anyone possibly hate Eberron? Eberron is best!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Landshark on December 14, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
Interested...quick stupid question here. The stat line you posted is before racial bonuses yes?
Thinking rogue/swashbuckler...or Sorcerer/Storm origin. Both from the Waterborn Unearthed Arcana.

Actually, both are updated in the Sword Coast Adventure's Guide and work a little differently, especially the Storm Sorcerer.

Also, I may be interested in joining as an Undying Warlock if the abovementioned book is allowed.

Bibliophilia

I decided against making an Aasimar, for now.  I'll likely mock one up later on, because I'm a sucker for the nephalim.

I'm going human wizard well-versed in blastomancy.

Chulanowa

And I will be your Barbarian for the evening (Which is totally different from My Barbarian...)

Ershin

I was considering building a Tiefling Rogue/Arcane Trickster if that's okay?

persephone325

Just so I know what information I need, is there a link (or links) that I should look at? Besides the one(s?) already posted?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AndyZ

Zystrina - Wood Elf Thief - Charlatan
Basic

Strength 8 Dexterity 18 Constitution 14 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 13 Charisma 15

Acrobatics +6 Athletics +1 Deception +4 Perception +5 Sleight of Hand +6 Stealth +8

HP: 10/10 AC 15 - Dexterity Attacks +6 To hit, dX+4 damage

Darkvision, Keen Senses, Fey Ancestry, Trance, Elf Weapon Training, Fleet of Foot, Mask of the Wild

Expertise (Perception and Stealth) Sneak Attack, Thieves' Cant

Equipment: Rapier, Shortbow with 20 Arrows, Burglar's Pack, Leather Armor, Two Daggers (Hidden in boots), Thieves' Tools, Set of Fine Clothes, Disguise Kit, Signet Ring of an Imaginary Duke, Belt Pouch containing 15gp

Personality
I fall in and out of love easily, and am always pursuing someone.
Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Material goods come and go.  Bonds of friendship last forever.
I owe everything to my mentor - a horrible person who's probably rotting in jail somewhere.
I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Background

Zystrina has the androgynous blessings of Corellon Larethian, though often considered to be female when not closely examined.  The Elven pronouns of zye/zys/zyr are loosely preferred, but since the Common tongue has no direct translation, zye responds without objection to whatever zye's called.

Certainly adopting and holding to a single manner of existence isn't part of zys lifestyle.  Growing up on the streets, zye was taken in by a group of criminals that has since been disbanded, treating zyr like an actual person instead of just an elf or a drain on society.  Everyone has their own desires, ways of living, hopes and dreams.  That includes Zystrina, who has grown quite a taste for the female form as zye grew up.

Those who trained zyr, however, ended up going too far in trying to con a temple, and Zystrina thankfully didn't go along.  With all the evil, greedy and corrupted people of the world, it's hardly necessary to go after those who provide genuine aid and assistance for people.  Zye'd much rather make the world a better place whenever possible.

It wasn't that difficult at all to sign on with an adventurer's guild, putting zys talents to good use.

Ershin, I was planning Rogue as well, but I'll more likely go the Thief archetype.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Landshark

Quote from: eternaldarkness on December 14, 2015, 02:35:15 PM
Actually, both are updated in the Sword Coast Adventure's Guide and work a little differently, especially the Storm Sorcerer.

Also, I may be interested in joining as an Undying Warlock if the abovementioned book is allowed.

yeah i dont have that book yet unfortunately. If its ok with the GM ill use the Unearth Arcana if not ill go a different route

Ershin

Having a bit of a hard time trying to decide on the background aspect of the character. It's a tough choice between Entertainer and Sage, with Guild Artisan (or rather the merchant variant from the PHB) as an outlier. Slightly leaning towards Entertainer because it seems fun, but Sage would be a neat, fluffly thing to have as a future spellcaster and investigator of dungeons.

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Just trying to decide if I wanna go human or half-orc for this guy. -Chin scratch- Definitely going Outlander, maybe a sprinkle of sailor, depending on how hte character goes

Bibliophilia

My wizard is a sage with a sprinkle of others.  -giggles.-  I....speak....slowly...so...stupid people...will...understand...me.

Chulanowa

Grip the sword like it's part of yourself... wait...
Name: Taran
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Barbarian 1
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hit Points: 15/15
Armor class: 15
Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 13 (+1)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+5)
   • Acrobatics (+4)
   • Perception (+2)
   • Survival (+2)
   • Intimidation (+3)
Saving Throws:
   • Strength (+5)
   • Constitution (+5)
Equipment:
   • Light Armor
   • Medium Armor
   • Shields
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
   • Flutes
Languages: Common, Giant, Elvish

Features and traits
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Str, Con)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Acrobatics)
• One feat (Great Weapon Master)
Class
• Rage (Advantage on Strength rolls and saving throws | +2 damage when using strength | Resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing)
• Unarmored Defense (When wearing no armor, AC = 10 + Dex + Con. Can use shield)
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I was, in fact, raised by wolves
   • I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them
Ideal Trait:
   • Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond Trait:
   • I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants
Feature: Wanderer
   • You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Equipment

Greatsword
Hand axe (x2)
Javelin (x4)
Staff
Hunting trap
Animal trophy (Bear-tooth necklace)
Traveler's clothes
Belt pouch w/ 10 GP
Explorer's pack

Background
   Taran never knew his birth parents. There are foggy memories of "mata" and "tata" and the Very, Very cold, but when he thinks of family, it's the wolves that he remembers. The warmth of the pack, the careful nips of his dam, the howling and hunting. Somehow, the toddler lived and thrived to become a child, and then some, under the open sky and bough.
   Perhaps he would have stayed like this forever, becoming a youth, then a man among the wolves... But the Sulta-Quah found him first. A nomadic tribe of humans, they had come into his pack's territory, and when stories of a wild boy running with wolves became known, hands were dispatched to "rescue" him.
   it was a hard time for the boy, taken by these two-legged giants who couldn't howl. But they were kind to him, and they had food, and a pack of their own. Slowly, surely the child learned and grew, and though always different, "became human." While his wolves were always a warm memory, Taran - as his new people called him - learned joy with other men and women.
   At the firm age of thirteen summers, Taran sought manhood. Among the Sulta-Quah, only those who had undergone the rituals of adulthood were permitted a voice in council, a true place in rites, and of course the right to bed. Further only men may wield the magic of steel, for such weapons were rare for the tribe.
   Together with four other boys of the Sulta-Quah, Taran underwent the trials and tests of manhood. The ritual hunt, the gauntlet, the sharing of man's lore. The second night, the boys were to meet with the ancestors of the tribe, called by the shaman to bless them. It was going well until the old witch doctor cam to Taran, and cried out in a language far removed from the Sulta-Qua. Many voices poured from the old one, calling for revenge, for memory, ghostly red stags bounding from the shaman's smoke.
   What had been a time for boys to become men had become a shock from the spirits; the men - the true men - consulted, and reached an agreement. Taran was to seek his own people, and prove himself that way. it was not an easy decision, but hte spirits had clearly spoken. That they happened to be the spirits of a dead tribe only made the situation more clear.
   Set with his quest, Taran was granted provisions, and set out into the wilderness with a heavy heart. Perhaps he would have rejoined the wolves; their distant songs tempted him, surely. Maybe he would have simply starved. But fate had its plan for him, and landed him in the company of adventurers. Together with his new friends, he explored the land, plundered ruins, fought monsters. In the four years since, he's met with many off people and nonhumans indeed, and seen a great many very interesting things.  It's at their behest and guidance that he has come to the Adventurer's guild, and though the strictures are chafing, it's good to have a "tribe" again... even if he is aware that it's not truly either of his. Some part of him worries that he is offending his ancestor's memories or the Sulta-Quah's taboos (For instance, he currently carries a steel sword) but.. .well, this isn't the land of hte Sulta-Quah,and he's learned very little about his birth people, so... Take it as it comes.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I am pondering on picking either figther or paladin. Likely human (or elf for paladin).

eternaldarkness

Definitely going Human (Variant) Warlock with an Undying patron. Will finish making the character in the morning.

Bibliophilia

Name: Ychara Usepht
Class: Wizard 1
Background: Sage
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hit Points: 6/6
Armor class: 11
Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +2

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 17 (+3)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Arcana (+5)
   • History (+5)
   • Investigation (+5)
   • Insight (+5)
   • Perception (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Intelligence (+5)
   • Wisdom (+5)
Equipment:
   • Daggers
   • Darts
   • Slings
   • Quarterstaves
   • Light Crossbow
Languages: Common, Draconic, Halfling, Elvish

Features and Traits:
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Int, Wis)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Perception)
• One feat (War Caster)
Class
• Arcane Recovery (A short rest can recover spell slots equal to or less than half your Wizard level | One 1st level slot)
• Arcane Tradition (At 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, associated with a school of magic, and gain features at 2nd, 6th, 10th and 14th level) 
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I . . . speak . . . slowly . . . when talking . . . to idiots, . . .which . . . almost . . . everyone . . . is . . . compared . . .to me.
   • There's nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal Trait:
   • The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bond Trait:
   • I owe everything to my mentor—a horrible person who’s probably rotting in jail somewhere.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants
Feature: Researcher
   • When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Equipment

Dagger
Light Crossbow
Spellbook
Component pouch
Scholar's pack
Bottle of black ink
Quill
Small knife
Common clothes
Belt pouch w/ 10 GP
Letter from a dead colleague containing a question as-yet unanswered

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Adran Sunglade
Race: Elf (high elf)
Class: Paladin 1
Background: Courtier
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hit Points: 12/12
Armor class: 18
Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +0

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 15 (+2)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+5)
   • Deception (+4)
   • Insight (+2)
   • Perception (+2)
   • Persuasion (+4)
Saving Throws:
   • Wisdom (+2)
   • Charisma (+4)
Equipment:
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
   • All armors
   • All shields
   • Lyre
   • Playing card set
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

Features and Traits:
Racial
   • +2 Dex, +1 Int
   • Darkvision
   • Keen senses
   • Fey ancestry
   • Trance
   • Elf weapon training
   • Cantrip; Prestigitation
   • Extra language known; Sylvan
Class
• Divine Sense 1+Cha mod/long rest (detect presence of fiends, celestial or undead in 60'ft range as attack action, including holy/unholy sites)
• Lay of Hands (heals paladin level x 5/long rest amount or cures disease/poison per 5 cure) 
Background
Personality Traits:
   • No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.
   • Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal Trait:
   • I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.
Bond Trait:
   • My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering.
Flaw Trait:
   • I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.
Feature: Information is power
   • As an advisor, assistant, entertainer, or other functionary, you have or had a position in the court of some king, queen, prince, or other royal. The past-time of courtiers is gathering favors and knowledge of
      allies, enemies, and schemes, and so you know about such things in the royal court, and to a lesser extent, neighboring seats of power. You also have a few favors owned to you from other courtiers that you
      may call in when needed.

Biography
   Adran Sunglade is from Sunglade noble family from elven kingdom Evergreen, in his youth he studied swordplay but also musical arts and traditional high elf basics of magic (which he did not stick to like his
   younger sister did and become a mage). However he took early on responsebillity to present his family in the court thanks his charm and grace he possessed. Overtime he studied ancient ways of the ancient
   order, which is branch of society which revers feys and ancient ways of the light and life. A sort of cult really. He embraced the ancient teachings and he finished his training under a fey knight as a squire and he
   earned his spurs. He haven't taken oaths yet as they advice experience world and life before commit entirely in preserving beauty of life.

However, there was problem; his court duties kept him away from danger and excitement and so how he could complete his training while in tight seclusion and bound by duty? So he left during the night and left
   a heartfelt note of temporal retirement for his duties along with his recommendation for replacement for face person present house matters in the royal elven court. He departed to the human lands and what he
   has heard about them sends his blood boilin in excitement! So he enters the city and hears about guild of adventurers in it.....and nothing compares to life of adventure in excitement so he books himself in. Albeit
   less interested on coin and more seeking a adventure worth to tell tales about.

Equipment

Longsword
Dagger
Shield
Priest's pack
Chain mail
Holy Symbol (Corellon)
Fine clothes
Playing card set
Lyre
Pouch w/20gp

AndyZ

Quote from: persephone325 on December 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
Just so I know what information I need, is there a link (or links) that I should look at? Besides the one(s?) already posted?

You'll want to pick up the Player's Handbook.  D&D Next doesn't have a free SRD the way Pathfinder does.

It does, however, have some free rules for a few races and classes.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules?x=dnd/basicrules

Sain

Kind of tempted to join too. I'm eyeing at human battle master fighter with the crossbow expert feat.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lyku

For those that haven't yet, please provide a brief background for your character including what lead to you joining the Guild.  So for lack of updates yesterday.  Something came up and put me back by a day.

Muse

Lynx and I are working on characters together right now. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sain

By the way. Fighters get to choose:

• (a) chain mail or (b) leather, longbow, and 20 arrows
Rapier

Is it alright if I substitute the longbow with heavy crossbow? Both are of equal value (50g) and martial ranged weapons.

Zaer Darkwail

I think you get choice of martial weapon somepoint in the list.

Sain

Yes, but I want the light armor option and it'd make no sense to have longbow if my chara uses crossbows.

Lyku

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, if want ligther armor option then that request makes sense :). Anycase short background added to my char.

Sain

Name: Rigael
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Urchin

Hit Points: 13/13
Armor class: 14
Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3

STR: 12 (1+)
DEX: 17 (3+)
CON: 16 (3+)
INT: 10 (0+)
WIS: 14 (2+)
CHA: 8 (1-)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Sleight of Hand (+5)
   • Stealth (+5)
   • Acrobatics (+5)
   • Athletics (+3)
   • Perception (+4)
Saving Throws:
   • Strength (+3)
   • Constitution (+5)
Equipment:
   • All armor and shields
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
• Disguise Kit
   • Thieves tools
Languages: Common, Elvish

Features and traits
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Dex, Con)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Perception)
• One feat (Crossbow Expert)
Class
• Second Wind (bonus action | heal 1d0+fighter level | 1/short/long rest)
• Fighting style: Archery (+2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.)
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I like to squeeze into small places where no one else can get to me.
   • I don’t like to bathe.
Ideal Trait:
   • Community. We have to take care of each other, because no one else is going to do it. (Lawful)
Bond Trait:
   • I sponsor an orphanage because they need the money more than I do.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am easily swayed and manipulated by displays of emotion.
Feature: City Secrets
   • You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Equipment

Currency: 9 sp 8 cp
Small knife
A rank of insignia from a lost legionnaire
Odd iron amulet (memento from parents)
Set of common clothes
Map of the city
Belt pouch
Leather armor
Rapier
Hand Crossbow, 20 bolts
Heavy Crossbow, 20 bolts
Light Crossbow, 20 bolts
3 Case Crossbow bolt
Manacles
Sack
Sealing Wax
2 Daggers
Tinderbox
Chalk
A backpack
A crowbar
A hammer
10 pitons
10 torches
A tinderbox
10 days of rations
A waterskin
50 feet of hempen rope

Deep within a dark damp forest known as Mistwoods, beyond the Thornwall manned by tiny elves and pixies who keep the horrors out, are supposedly some rural settlements still inhabited by man despite all the dangers that lurk within. Odd cults, cannibal tribes and heinous criminals make nest there where no regular men, elf or dwarf dare to set foot. Supposedly this is where Rigael was born. The details are a bit fuzzy to her; she doesn’t remember much from the early childhood aside from the occasional dream, but she knows that it is where she got her scar from.

Rigael was brought to civilization by a tired man fleeing from his past. She still remembers vividly how he picked her up from her bed and gave her his shiny badge to calm her down as he dragged her out of the woods. The man promised to come by as he left her by one of the Watch’s many orphanages, patted her head and was never seen again by Rigael.

Growing up, the little girl retained some of her reclusive tendencies and the quietness that had no doubt helped her to survive in Mistwoods. Despite not being very great at dealing with other kids and later adults, Rigael really likes company and has always had strong need to belong, which some have ruthlessly exploited to make her do all sorts of favors for them.

Eventually it came time to graduate the orphanage. Rigael knew that she would not make a great wife or mother so she had to make a living on her own, but she thought that she had accumulated next to no useful qualities and would be doomed to end up on the streets or worse. This misconception was shattered when one day, unexpectedly, one thing led to another in a cascade of coincidences and she shot a bandit right between the eyes. One very scary questioning and a lot of soul searching later Rigael knew that she was to be an adventurer.

Muse

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, cannot read charsheet Muse. Asks me to log in gmail to able read it.

Muse

Not a lot there yet Zaer, but I'll share her now.  She's basicaly a draconic bloodline sorceress with a sword.  :)

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, I see :). As note if you want another cantrip, there is wizard's apprentice background in earlier link to DnD resources (gives also arcane and sleight of hand skill profincies and also profiency to calligraphy tools and herbalist kit, besides +1 cantrip known from wizard list and using int for it). Cantrips overall are pretty useful.

Muse

oh, that is neat!  Where is that link?  *Goes looking* 

Zaer Darkwail

At first page in here. It's in the characther creation section and file called 5e Player's Option-additional races/classes/backgrounds (Version 1.1).

Lyku

Do not post, beginning intro, have to leave but posted beginning so I dont lose what I have.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, not touching but have to ask; would the guild system have bit similar theme/feel like Fairy Tail mage guilds? As there are 'noble and good' adventurer's guild there is the 'dark adventurer's' guild which do unsavory and highly illegal tasks/quests? So in essence no thieves guild really as those tasks are covered by dark guilds? Also presume some council overlooks overall guild activities so none them go too far or such with missions.

Sain

Already planning on having your elf turn into a bad guy :P?

Muse

I think Sariel's playable now.  The blanks in her background will be filled in when Lynx gets back on. 

eternaldarkness

Decided to go Fighter after all. I wanted something fun and survivable at low levels, so i made a versatile melee character with a fun backstory who will eventually be incredibly tanky.

Name: Dorian Cundrie (Real Name: Toren Greenly)
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Charlatan

Hit Points: 13
Armor class: 18
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 18/+4 (+1 Racial, +1 Heavy Armor Master)
DEX: 12/+1
CON: 16/+3 (+1 Racial)
INT: 8/-1
WIS: 10/+0
CHA: 14/+2

Saves: Str +6, Dex +1, Con +5, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +2

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Acrobatics +1
        • Animal Handling +2 (Trained)
        • Arcana -1
        • Athletics +6 (Trained)
   • Deception +4 (Trained)
        • History -1
   • Insight +0
        • Intimidate +2
        • Investigation -1
        • Medicine +2 (Trained)
        • Nature -1
   • Perception +0
        • Performance +2
   • Persuasion +2
        • Religion -1
        • Sleight of Hand +3 (Trained)
        • Survival +0

Tools:
        • Disguise Kit
        • Forgery Kit

Languages: Common, Dwarven

Features and Traits:
Racial
   • +1 to any two Ability Scores
   • Bonus Skill Proficiency
   • Bonus Feat

Class Features

Fighting Style: Dueling

When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and
no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls
with that weapon.

Second Wind

You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on
to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use
a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your
fighter level.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or
long rest before you can use it again.

Feats
Heavy Armor Master

You can use your armor to deflect strikes that would kill
others. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a Maximum of 20.
While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning.
piercing, and slashing damage that you take from nonmagical
weapons is reduced by 3.

Background

Favorite Scheme:
    • I put on new identities like clothes.

Personality Traits:
   • I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.

Ideal Trait:
   • I'm determined to be the hero my brother never was.

Bond Trait:
   • I come from a noble family, and one day I will reclaim my lands and title.

Flaw Trait:
   • I can't resist a pretty face.

Feature: False Identity
You have created a second identity that includes
documentation, established acquaintances, and
disguises that allow you to assume that persona.
Additionally, you can forge documents including official
papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an
example of the kind of document or the handwriting you
are trying to copy.

Biography
The adopted child of two farmers, Toren Greenly loathed his poor upbringing and always dreamed of a life of wealth and promise, but opportunities to move up in the world were few and far between for someone of his social class. Desperate to escape what he saw as a loathsome fate, he joining the local lords garrison, and while he was strong and a skilled fighter, military life didn't suit him and he decided to desert. Unfortunately on the night when he intended to hatch his plan and sneak off, his village was attacked by goblinoid raiders, and as he was fleeing he came upon a knight, hurt and unable to reach aid.

While he was ambitious and selfish, Toren was a good person at heart, and leaving an injured person to die was far beyond what his conscience would allow, and when he went to remove the disabled warrior's helm he was shocked to find himself staring into his own face. Toren and the knight, who was named Sir Dorian Cundrie, spent the next several days in eachothers' company, and it didn't take them long to realize that the reason they seemed to have identical appearances was because they were in fact twin brothers, and both realized that they were opposite - Toren was brave and ambitious, whilst the cowardly Dorian wanted nothing more than a simple, peaceful life existence.

The two hatched a plan - they would switch identities. Dorian's injuries would allow him to depart from military service and assume Toren's life as a farmer, and Toren would take his twins arms and armor and assume his identity as a wandering knight errant. Since then, the silver-tongued farmboy has claimed the identity of his noble-born twin, traveling and remaining far from home to avoid giving up the ruse. The greatest problem he has had is that he's found he genuinely enjoys doing good and helping others, and he fears that as his fame grows he will find it harder and harder to keep up his masquerade.

Personality
Toren is a walking contradiction - a silver-tongued scumbag who nonetheless is a born hero, unflinchingly brave and good-hearted and utterly unable to resist a pretty face or a person in need of help.

Equipment

Chain mail
Longsword
Shield
Explorer's pack
A set of fine clothes
a disguise kit
House Cundrie Signet Ring
and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

Lyku

I've never seen fairy tail. If you are asking about the existence of the Thieve's Guild... They are only a myth.... I promise....    *shifty eyes*

Guancyto

Hmm, I have been meaning to try out 5th edition, and my workload is suddenly no longer devastating, so consider interest posted.

Possibly as a dwarf wizard of some flavor since I only have the Basic rules handy.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on December 15, 2015, 06:11:17 AM
For those that haven't yet, please provide a brief background for your character including what lead to you joining the Guild.  So for lack of updates yesterday.  Something came up and put me back by a day.

Done. It's hard to do a barbarian background that doesn't star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Lyku

Watch post is finished.  The following characters are rady and approved for play:

Zystria - AndyZ
Taran - Chulanowa (Who reminds me a lot of my SGA character, both with weapon style and name....)
Adran Sunglade - Zaer Darkwail
Rigael - Sain
Dorian Cundrie - eternaldarkness

Characters Pending
Ychara Usepht - Bibliophilia - Just need. a background and once posted, you are good to play.
Sariel Gemblossom - I am counting a total of 6 cantrips.  Background gives you 1, race gives you 1 and class gives you 3.  Where is the last one from?

Using standard format, please use the location format of:

Name: [Insert Name]
Tagging: [Blah]
Notes: [Blah blah]
---

This will clarify things.  The official guild is called the Watch, and the town is commonly called that also, but the towns name is Greendawn.  Class A residents are only permitted in the lower quarters.  Besides what was mentioned, locations can include the Lower Quarter streets and could also be outside of the Gates.  The are near the town is moderately forested.  I will cut parts of the map posted above to pinpoint where on the map instead of describing it poorly (Circle and a dot on the map near middle/right side and trees.). You do not start with your license and you need to pick it up from the where you would get jobs.  They are 5 silver to apply for a license which gives you free lodging for a month and your first five missions for free.

ShadowFox89

Porting over Calypso from SGA, I can alter the background to fit joining the adventurer's guild.

Charrie sheet

Player:ShadowFox89Character Name:Calypso
Class:WarlockLevel:1
Race:DrowBackground:Entertainer
Alignment:LNAge:112
Height:5 ft.Weight:83 lbs.
Experience:8 EXPDeity:None

~Abilities~
STR8 (-1)DEX18 (+4)CON15 (+2)
INT11 (+0)WIS14 (+2) [SV + 2]CHA19 (+4) [SV + 2]

HP: 10/10AC:15 (Leather)
Speed: 30 ft.Initiative:+4
Proficiency Bonus:+2 Passive Perception:14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:Light Crossbow (ammo, loading, two-handed)Type:PiercingRange80/320Attack Bonus:(+6)Damage:1d8+4
Weapon:Dagger (finesse, thrown, light)Type:PiercingRangeMelee or 20/60Attack Bonus:(+6)Damage:1d4+4
|
Spells
Spellcasting Ability:CharismaSpell Save DC:14 (8 + 2 [Prof] + 4 [Cha]) Spell Attack Bonus: 6 (+2 [Prof] +4 [Cha]
Cantrips
-Eldritch Blast
-Mage Hand
|
1st Level

-Command
-Armor of Agathys

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommonInfernal
STR
Athletics(-1)
DEX
Acrobatics(+6) (Prof) Sleight of Hand(+4)Stealth:(+4)
INT
Arcana:(+0)History:(+0)Investigation:(+2) (Prof)Nature:(+0)Religion:(+0)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+2)Insight:(+2)Medicine:(+2)Perception:(+4) (Prof)Survival:(+2)
CHA
Deception:(+6) (Prof)Intimidation:(+4)Performance:(+6) (Prof)Persuasion:(+4)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Disguise kits, Wind instruments
Weapon Proficiencies:Simple
Armor ProficienciesLight
|
Equipment & Currency
Rapier, Short sword, Light crossbow,
20 bolts, Arcane focus, Scholar's pack,
Leather Armor, Dagger x3, Ocarina,

Trinket: A glass eye

~Currency and Treasure~
--

~Features~
Otherworldly Patron
[Fiend] 1st level spells Burning Hands and Command are on Calypso's spell list.
|
Dark One's Blessing
Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier +your warlock levei (minimum of 1).
|
Darkvision
120 ft.
|
Keen Senses
Has proficiency in Perception skill.
|
Fey Ancestry
Has advantage on Saving Throws vs. Charm. Immunity to sleep spells.
|
Trance
Elves don't need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is "trance.") While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
|

Sunlight Sensitivity
You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
|
Drow Magic
Knows the dancing lights cantrip. Next racial spell available at 3rd level.
|
Drow Weapon Training
Proficient in rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.

~Additional~
Background

Calypso is a drow from a plane that draws heavily on Greco-Roman culture and architecture. Raised on the streets, she turned to entertaining to keep a roof over her head, mainly dancing but some singing. However, as she grew older she found that customers wanted a... different sort of entertainment. Often rebuking their interests, things took a turn for the worse when one of the clients she rebuked was an interplanar demon who had taken an interest in her body. She fled to the nearby temple of Artemis for sanctuary. The demon followed her and raped her, then cursed her for spurning him. Calypso's body was infused with magic from the attentions of the demon after, but the trauma left her quiet and sullen. An archmage, traveling through the planes on her way to the academy, happened upon her in the temple. She offered the chance for Calypso to come with, where she would not be touched by the demon.
|
Misc Notes
Physical Description: Calypso is of slight but lithe build, standing only 5ft tall and weighing little more than 85lbs. Her hair is as silver as a full moon, while her eyes are a pale lavender. She tends to wear a black corset that hugs her body's curves tight. Over that, she wears a loose wrap of linen that serves as a form of underwear, which over that is a loose cloth that provides some measure of modesty. While suitable for the warm and humid climates of her native lands, undoubtedly she will need to change her wardrobe at some point.

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Alright so, do we have an IC / OOC thread yet?

Bibliophilia

There was a map?  And, uhm, I feel like I'm missing something as far as the setting here.  Where, exactly, are we?

Lyku

It's a link of the world.  First thread, at the top.  I will get more details into it soon.  Sorry about the delays, spent time in the ER and they didn't have wifi.

The world has a Faerun esque feel for sake of comparison.

Calypso accepted.

AndyZ

IC thread is here : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241224.msg11902264#msg11902264

I hate to say it, but the map isn't working.

Muse

Looking at sorcerer again, it says cantrips 4 in both the chart and the body text? 

Sain

It worked yesterday :P By the way OOC thread might be nice (though you seem busy so no hurry), and one for storing characters. Tip for the latter: Don't do what Sherlock did with the sheets. It is pure hell trying to manage player's character sheets for them in a game like this where you might need to edit for every little trinket, copper coin or tiny amount of XP they pick up. It just creates unnecessary work for GM and players love to do that themselves.

Lyku

Muse... I blame the medication the doctor's gave me.  I opened the PHB and see 4... not sure where I was seeing 3... please disregard that.  You are good to go.

I will get an OOC and character threads channel up, players will be responsibility for monitoring their XP, but whe they would level up, PM me just so I can double check and give it my seal of approval.  With a game this size and no Co-DM currently, I would rather not hang myself much.

I will correct the map and upload it through photobucket or some other program.

Lyku

tyr4n02r

Tickle me interested. There's a couple characters that I wanna convert from Pathfinder, so give me a min. Also, I hope someone is kind enough to guide me through 5e. I think I have a handle on it, but Im a Pathfinder player primarily.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

Any questions, feel free to ask here, the OOC thread or feel free to PM me.

tyr4n02r

Okay, Character questions GO:
~ Sword Coast Adventures Guide? Y/N
~ Backgrounds Y/N
~ Final call on Eberron? Y/N
~ Any particular pref for Char Sheet?
~ Lvl Up: HD roll or Avg, or just HD
~ Any rules on unconscious/dying/death, or straight out of the players handbook?

Also, may I take a Longbow instead of Crossbow as well?
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lyku

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 16, 2015, 06:10:30 PM
Okay, Character questions GO:
~ Sword Coast Adventures Guide? Y
~ Backgrounds Y (Those from sources besides PHB, I am requesting you put the background type up on your sheet.
~ Final call on Eberron? ...Yes...
~ Any particular pref for Char Sheet? Nope
~ Lvl Up: HD roll or Avg, or just HD. Average
~ Any rules on unconscious/dying/death, or straight out of the players handbook?  Straight out of PHB.  Those nearby can attempt to stabilize. 

Also, may I take a Longbow instead of Crossbow as well? I'll accept it.

Calypso appeared fine and was accepted.  I'll double check and PM you if there is an issue.

Bibliophilia

Work is a bitch for the next few days.  I'll try to finish off Ychara Firday or Saturday.

Lyku

Biblio, I understand that well.  You can start playing, just try to get the background up by Sunday. 

tyr4n02r

Hmmm. Kinda re-question: Instead of longbow, can I take short bow? Do I get the 25gp difference?

NVM Crossbow is better anyways.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

You get starting gear as listed in PHB.

AndyZ

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 16, 2015, 08:45:58 PM
Hmmm. Kinda re-question: Instead of longbow, can I take short bow? Do I get the 25gp difference?

NVM Crossbow is better anyways.

If you like, my character could swap bows with you.  I've got a shortbow and want a longbow.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Nanachan

Player:   Nana   Character Name: Xian Hua
Class:   Bard    Level:   1
Race:   Human   Background:   Charlatan
Alignment: CN   Age:   29
Height:   5'10 .   Weight: 100 lbs
Experience:   0 EXP   Deity:   None

~Abilities~
STR   8 (-1)   DEX   16 (+3)   CON   10 (+0)
INT   14 (+2)   WIS   12 (+1)    CHA   18 (+4) 

HP:    8   AC:   14 (Leather)
Speed:   30 ft.   Initiative:   +3
Proficiency Bonus:   +2    Passive Perception:   11

Skills
-Deception (+6)
-Persuasion (+6)
-Slight of Hand (+5)
-Perform (flute) (+6)
-Acrobatic (+5)

Feat
-Actor

Item
-dagger
-leather armor
-Jian (counts as rapier)
-Entertainer's pack
-disguise kit
-forgery kit
-fine clothes
-belt pouch

gold: 15 gp

Xian was a courtesan of great renown once, under the name of Moon Lotus. A nobleman eventually wedded her and for a moment she was happy, but soon she realized that her great beauty would soon fade and that men would no longer adore her the way they do. Already, her husband's gaze would stray to younger women. Eventually she decided to flee, to far away lands in search of immortality, or at the very least, a way to make her beauty last till the day she dies. 

Trained in many arts, including the sword dance, Xian was far from a helpless woman, though she does have a distaste for living the harsh life. She seeks out comfort and luxury where she could, using her considerable charm and training in the sensual art to procure these comforts where she could. A highly sexual woman, Xian indulges in sex as much for the physical pleasures as well as the mental ones, relishing in the attention and adoration of her lover.

tyr4n02r

Name: Evan Tempest'ive   Age: 23
Race: Wood Elf   Class: Warlock (Archfey Pact)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral   EXP: 0EXP
Height: 5"7   Weight: 140   Deity: Oberon

Hit Points: 8/8      AC: 14
Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35ft   Melee: +3   Range: +5

STR: 12 (1+)
DEX: 16 [14+2] (3+)
CON: 8 (-1)
INT: 10 (0+)
WIS: 16 [15+1] (3+)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Magic (CHA) 1/1 Level 1 Slots Available
Save DC: 13
Magic (CHA): +5
Spells Known:
Cantrips:
~ Poison Spray
~ Blade Ward

Level 1 Spells:
~ Armor of Agathys
~ Arms of Oberon (Arms of Hadar)
Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+3)
   • Nature (+2)
   • Investigation (+2)
   • Perception (+5)
   • Survival (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Wisdom (+5)
   • Charisma (+5)
Equipment:
   • Light Armor
   • Simple weapons
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

Features and traits
Racial
• +2 Dex, +1 Wis
• Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
• Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. you can't discern color in darkness, onIy shades of gray.
• Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation
is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
• Elf Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
• Fleet of Foot: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
• Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Background
Outlander: Forester
Personality Traits:
   I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal Trait:
   • Nature The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
Bond Trait:
   • An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw Trait:
   • Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It is nature's way that the strong thrive and the weak perish..
Feature: Wanderer
   • You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Class

Otherworldly Patron: Archfey
Fey Presence
Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlocks pell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Cantrips + Warlock Spells
Cantrips:
~
Poison Spray
Conjuration cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous

You extend your hand toward a creature you can see within range and project a puff of noxious gas from your palm. The creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 1d12 poison damage.
This spell’s damage increases by 1d12 when you reach 5th level (2d12), 11th level (3d12), and 17th level (4d12).
~
Blade Ward
Abjuration cantrip

Range: Self
Duration: 1 round

You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Level 1 Spells:
~
ARMOR OF AGATHYS

1st-level abjuration
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (a cup of water)
Duration: 1 hour
A protective magical force surrounds you, manifesting as a spectral frost that covers you and your gear. You gain 5 temporary hit points for the duration. If a creature hits you with a melee attack while you have these hit points, the creature takes 5 cold damage.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, both the temporary hit points and the cold damage increase by 5 for each slot level above 1st.
~
Arms of Oberon
Arms of Hadar1st-level conjuration

Range: Self (10-foot radius)

You invoke the power of Oberon. Tendril-like vines with blackish thorns erupt from you and batter all creatures within 10 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 2d6 necrotic damage and can’t take reactions until its next turn. On a successful save, the creature takes half damage, but suffers no other effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Equipment

Weapons & Armor: Longbow (20 arrows; 1lb) (1d8 P; range 150/600; Heavy; Two-Handed; 2lb)
Dagger (2) (1d4 P; Thrown Range 20/60; Light; Finesse; 2lb total)
Quarterstaff (1d6; Versatile; 4lb; Also funtions as "Staff" from background)
Leather Armor (11AC+DexMod; 10lb)
Other:
• (a) a component pouch
• One musical instrument: Horn
Dungeoneer’s Pack
~Backpack
~Crowbar
~Hammer
~Pitons (10)
~Torches (10)
~Tinderbox
~Rations (10 days)
~Waterskin.
~50 feet of hempen rope
• a hunting trap
• trophy from an animal you killed
• set of traveler’s clothes
• Belt Pouch
Trinket: A hilt from a broken sword
Currency: 10gp

Backstory
Evan grew up training for is tribe's mage-fighter guard, ready to protect both nature and Wood Elf from invaders. As with most in his tribe, he was sent on a particular vision quest at 19. While his tribe was Elvish, the various invaders and merchants caused death within the local tribes, causing them to train warriors and professionals at younger ages. The vision he saw changed his motivations in life greatly.

Cold, near-naked, alone and unarmed, Evan was met in his vision by the Archfey Oberon. The wingless fairy came with an lifelong mission, specifically to a select group of elves of all natures. "there will be many tools to aid you, but you will collect a certain weapon for me. This weapon will come in many forms, but to you shall be a sword. It is able to restore life to the desolate concrete wasteland that many have brought. Should you accept this task, I will give you an edge to succeed."

Evan awoke from his trance only to find a white stag laying in agony nearby. This was the symbol of Oberon! It was practically begging to be put to death, which he reluctantly accepted. This provided both meat and warmth for his quest back. But, as it was illegal to poach, he hid the hide within a tree stump, as he would return to it at a later time. For the next few years, he studied the legends and lore about various weapons of a natural property, also looking at cursed weapons as well. He began training and mapping out potential places to look, but during his studies, it had been discovered that he had killed a sacred white stag. He was then exiled for a duration of 40 years.

Just as well, his wanderlust and desire to find his destined weapon had grown to a feverpoint. He simply began his mission earlier than expected. He took the leather of Oberon's offering and began his trek.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

Oh dear. Taran's loincloth is not up to the task ahead of it.

persephone325

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't be a Wood Elf, considering there's already a few...
I don't know.

AndyZ

Speaking as one of the Wood Elves, I don't mind a few more ^_^ Just means elves are common around these parts.

tyr4n02r

Yea it's supposed to be various bands that adventure out. Plus, everyone has a story right? Why are we wood elves here?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Nanachan

Lynx181

I'm ready whenever you are sir gm person

Evan Songwind

Lyku

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

Was debating on your question, Tyr,

I'll approve the request.

tyr4n02r

Okay! All done! Please review and critique.

Multiclassing and/or prestige is okay, right? (should I live that long)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Isengrad

I am in the process of making a cleric, Since he will be gaining Prof with martial weapons I was wondering if I could trade out the War hammer(value 15 gold) and the Shield(value 10 gold) for a Halberd(value 20gp)?

Lyku

Isengrad

Lyku

I'll permit it, but you won't be getting the 5 gp difference.

Isengrad

Did not expect it, Thank you very much.

Lyku

Multiclassing yes.. debating on prestige... probably also yes.

Sain

I didn't even know there were prestige classes yet.

Lyku

I believe I heard they were recently added.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

I'm going to say no on prestige classes for the time being, though it may change as more info is released and once characters are closer in level that that might be an option.

tyr4n02r

(PS Don't mind my editing. I'm just cleaning up my sheet. Content is the same though)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 17, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
(PS Don't mind my editing. I'm just cleaning up my sheet. Content is the same though)
Evan is approved for play and can be moved to the character vault when it it is finished.  Once posted, feel free to join the game.

Isengrad

Name: Kairus "Creed"
Race: Teifling(variant)
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 178 lbs
    Class: Cleric
    Domain: Tempest
    Deity: Manannan mac Lir
    Background: Entertainer
    Level: 1
    Experience: 0

Abilities
Skills
Str:15(+2)
Dex:13(+1)
Con:10(+0)
Int:9(-1)
Wis:16(+3)
Cha:16(+3)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Passive perception: 13

Ac: 16(Chainmail)
Hit points: 8
Hit Die: 1d8
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft

Saves:Wis +5,Cha +5
Magic Dc(Wis): DC13
Magic Attack(Wis): +5
Str attack: +4
Dex attack: +3
   Athletics:+2
   Acrobatics:+3
   Sleight of Hand:+1
   Stealth:+1
   Arcana:-1
   History:-1
   Investigation:-1
   Nature:-1
   Religion:+1
   Animal Handling:+3
   Insight:+3
   Medicine:+3
   Perception:+3
   Survival:+3
   Deception:+3
   Intimidation:+3
   Performance:+5
   Persuasion:+5

Racial traits
+1 int, +2 Cha
Darkvision 60ft
Hellish Resistance: Fire resistance
Devil's Tounge:(SCAG) Replaces Infernal legacy

• Vicious Mockery Cantrip
  • 3rd level: Charm person(2nd level) 1/day
  • 5th level: Enthrall 1/day
Languages: Common, Infernal
Class traits

Armor Proficiency: All
Weapon Proficiency: All
Spellcasting

• Cantrips: 3 Known
  • Prepared Spells: 4 total
  • Ritual casting
  • Spellcasting focus: Holy Symbol
Domain:Tempest
Domain spells

Cleric Level
Spells
1stfog Cloud, thunderwave
3rdgust of wind, shatter
5thcall lightning, sleet storm
7thcontrol water, ice storm
9thdestructive wave, insect plague

• Wrath of the storm:3/long rest
Background triats
Background: Entertainer
Tool Proficiency: Disguise Kit, Lute
Feature:By popular Demand
you can always find  a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard(depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. in addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.

Personality trait
  • I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
  • Nobody stays mad at me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension
Ideal
  • I like seeing the smiles on the people's faces when I perform. That's all that matters.
Bond
  • I would do anything for the other members of my old troupe.
Flaw
  • I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Equipment
Spellcasting
Biography

Status:This is still a work in Progress. Just need to head out for a bit.[/list]

Lyku

Creed approved.  Please transfer to Character Vault and you'll be good to go.

Chi

I'd be interested in playing, but have no frame of reference as I've never played D&D, just my dad's old D6 Star Wars RPG and Paladium games that I grabbed after he died when I was a kid. Once the play starts I'd probably be okay with some help and pointers along the way, but setting up a character is beyond me as I have no idea what sorts of classes and what not are available beyond what I've seen in the free basic stuff that was posted.

I was thinking of a human female (yeah, lots of females here) ranger(?) lol anyhow I have a bit of a mental back story for her. basically daughter of an aristocrat who refused to conform, "she's a queer one" was a phrase most commonly used about her by the people in the community where she lived. She tended towards running the forests with the local hunters and trappers instead of doing her embroidery (though she can do that too), and wore *gasp* breeches instead of petticoats. Good with a sword, but better with a bow, she's a decent tracker and hunter.

Her father arranged for her to be married off to a drunken sot who'd already gone through three wives, and instead of becoming his fourth she slapped on her leathers, grabbed her bow and ran for her life. Eventually finding herself at the guild and still on the run.

Can anyone help me make this real so I can join too?

Chi
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Lyku

Muse

She sounds awesome, CHiara.  I'd love to help you.  I'm about to catch a nap, though. 

Send me a PM?  Or maybe a Skype text?  And I'll message you when I wake. 

Or maybe someone else will help you before then. 

Edit:  Like Lyku.  : )

Lyku

I can help via PM or Skype, whatever is easiest.  Getting the character made wont be a problem.

Chi

let me check and see if i remember my skype password haha

Chi

I also just sent what I had to you via pm, either way is fine

Landshark

So what all do we have group wise already? Didnt seem to see many bashers.

Lyku

Dunno.... and I should.  A little bit of each.  I believe we have atleast one of each class.

Landshark

Quick question.... Bladesinger and Battlerager are race specific in your world Y/N?

Lyku

If those are classes, I've never heard of them.

Landshark

They are in the Sword Coast book. Bladesinger is a wizard path (elf exclusive in Forgotten Realms) and battlerager is a barbarian path (Dwarf specific in Forgotten Realms) The book says its the DM's decision as to being other race available in their own worlds

Lyku

They are new subclasses.  Yea, I would need to review them.  That being said, yes they would be race specific.

tyr4n02r

Bump! Its an open game, so anyone interested, take a look!
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

freeko

Can someone help me with making the character? For some reason the d&d 5e sheet looks like i am trying to decipher greek or something. I know mostly what I want to do and where the stats go, but I cannot figure out anything past that part since my head just starts spinning.

Lyku

Please be aware, for those interested who have never played, you can get the basic player's handbook from the official Wizard's of the Coast website:

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

tyr4n02r

Quote from: freeko on February 04, 2016, 08:14:08 AM
Can someone help me with making the character? For some reason the d&d 5e sheet looks like i am trying to decipher greek or something. I know mostly what I want to do and where the stats go, but I cannot figure out anything past that part since my head just starts spinning.

As a person who plays tabletops, 5e DOES look like greek.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

I actually thought the transition to 5th was pleasant.  I thought it was straight forward.  It is definitely a lot less complicated then 3.5 or pathfinder.

freeko

I think having grown up on 2.5 and then playing 3.5 for so long allowed me to pick up pathfinder almost instantly. I did not bother with 4e and this would be my first foray into 5e.

Do I roll on the table for the personality, ideal, bond and flaw or just make it look like i did and pick what i want anyway?

I think I am about halfway through this monstrosity of a character sheet. I just take the starting gear pretty much like the mace, shield, armor and the stuff I get from the background too right?

Zaer Darkwail

You can roll or pick from the tables, rolling is funnier to me anyways :). You get starting gear based on class choice and then background choice, you do not get starting gold or such so far as I know so that's all gear you get.

tyr4n02r

Quote from: Lyku on February 04, 2016, 01:21:16 PM
I actually thought the transition to 5th was pleasant.  I thought it was straight forward.  It is definitely a lot less complicated then 3.5 or pathfinder.

Oh no, I do like the gameplay, but dat sheet tho...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

tyr4n02r

Meh, It was a lot of math upfront, but once you put it in place, all you had to do was check the chart.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

eternaldarkness

Wow, this is the first time i've ever heard anyone say the 5E character sheet was complicated or at all hard to understand. I'm with Lyku - it's WAY easier than 3.5 or PF. Hell, 5E in general is probably the simplest D&D we've had in decades. It's impossible to screw up a character, and there are very few trap choices. Actually, very few significant mechanical choices at all before level 3.

Lyku

The thing I enjoy with this edition is the same thing I like with Pathfinder, in that going 20 levels of a base class isn't a bad thing and is beneficial instead of being purely disregarded if you aren't the right class.

freeko

Well, I been using 3.5/PF forever. 5e is like trying to learn a different language. I simply have gotten fed up with trying to go back and forth over this and have wholly lost interest in making a character.

I'd love to play but, I guess trying to learn a new language at this point in my life just is not in the cards.

Zaer Darkwail

In basic idea 5th edition is very, very simple; instead BAB, skill ranks or base save bonus you got profiency bonus (which is based on your class level). You use profiency bonus to lot of things and thus it's most important stat to keep in mind firstmost.

Then you add any stat modifiers and with every class you get 2 saves to have profiency bonus in (and can take more via feats). Saves are all the six stats what you do roll with every edition anyways (and you add stat modifier for all saves, with or without profiency bonus). AC is based on armor you wear + dex modifier. Every armor gives base armor modifier (and unarmored bonus is 8 what I remember). As caster you can wear any armor as spellfailure with armor is not a thing anymore (it's more on question do you got hands free for casting and this can be overcome with war caster feat).

Then there is concept of short and long rest; short rest allows recover certain class features and recover HP based on how many HD you spend in short rest (and warlock's case all spell slots spend and wizard's case single spell slot) while long rest recovers everything.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 05, 2016, 09:29:00 AM
In basic idea 5th edition is very, very simple; instead BAB, skill ranks or base save bonus you got profiency bonus (which is based on your class level). You use profiency bonus to lot of things and thus it's most important stat to keep in mind firstmost.

Then you add any stat modifiers and with every class you get 2 saves to have profiency bonus in (and can take more via feats). Saves are all the six stats what you do roll with every edition anyways (and you add stat modifier for all saves, with or without profiency bonus). AC is based on armor you wear + dex modifier. Every armor gives base armor modifier (and unarmored bonus is 8 what I remember). As caster you can wear any armor as spellfailure with armor is not a thing anymore (it's more on question do you got hands free for casting and this can be overcome with war caster feat).

Then there is concept of short and long rest; short rest allows recover certain class features and recover HP based on how many HD you spend in short rest (and warlock's case all spell slots spend and wizard's case single spell slot) while long rest recovers everything.

Zaer covered the basics, but I can break it down even more: mechanically, a character is a combination of Race, Class, Background, and Subclass, all choices you can make in any order. Grab your class and background starting gear, pack personality traits/ideals/bonds/flaws, note your racial and class abilities, and go. You don't even have to take Feats anymore, as a matter of fact, so there's another layer of complexity you can safely ignore.

As for the derived traits, it's all pretty damn simple, and there's little need to optimize because of 5E's tight action economy. As far as optimization goes though, in 5E it's better to be a generalist than to be overspecialized, since bounded accuracy means you get more benefit from every bonus you add to a roll, but it also means that when your bonus is too low, you feel it. To that end, focus on two key ability scores for your class - your main attack stat, and one other supporting stat. For example, every Fighter wants either Str or Dex as primary and Con as secondary. Dex fighters can actually neglect Con a bit and put more points into other abilities like Wisdom to shore up an oft-targeted save.

If you are a primary spellcaster like a Bard, Cleric, Druid, or Wizard, you want your casting stat to be highest (Cha for Bard, Wis for Cleric and Druid, Int for a Wizard) and then focus on your secondary stats - Con is always a good one to get high, but some concepts and builds call for focus on different secondary stats. For example, a Moon Druid can get away with low physical scores because most of his HP and physical capability will come from Wild Shaping into beast forms.

Specialists like Rogue and Warlock are trickier - Rogues universally need a high dex, so don't start with less than a 15 there if at all possible, and 16 or higher is better if you can manage it. Dex is everything for a rogue - it's offense, defense, and skill bonus for your most crucial abilities all in one. Warlocks are an odd duck because they can perform any party role except healer with the right skill, spell and invocation coices - a warlock who wants to be a party tank should go pact of the blade with the fiend patron and take the spells Hellish rebuke and Armor of Agathys with the Fiendish Resilience and Thirsting Blade invocations, and actually have decent Str or Dex (Depending on weapon choice) and con like a fighter would with Charisma as a middling to stat since he won't be using any spells dependent on Save DC, though he might want to eventually get it decent for Lifedrinker later on.

I could go on forever, but you should get the gist - complexity in 5E is up to you. if anyone wants help turning a concept into a mechanically viable character (my specialty) or just understanding something about 5E, let me know. I'm happy to help.

freeko

Ok, I need someone to help me perform magic then. How do I take this mess of a character sheet and transform it into a variant human cleric? I got all the stats and skills part on the left side of the sheet and the details (though I still have no idea what a background is or why it exists at all) on the top of the sheet.

I guess this is worth taking one more stab at since it probably just involves me just not being 100% bullheaded about it. Though yes, I probably do need someone to quite literally hold my hand through the start to the finish because that is just how I learn something new. Once I see it done once, then I am fine. Until I see it once, complete frustration when I cannot just figure it out on my own.

(I will be unavailable for the weekend, so hopefully someone would be so kind as to pm me. I might be able to get on here and there, but I have no guarantees of what I am looking at for any time available after the next 10 minutes when I set out upon my journey.)

Lyku

Oh the book I provided, backgrounds begin on page 36.   Deep breathes, it will be okay. :)

freeko

I think at this point, I will just try to look at this again on Monday and hope for the best. I have been a nervous wreck this whole week leading into the first convention of the year for me.

Now that I set off on my journey, would it be unreasonable to ask that my character be in the out of play zone for the weekend? If I remember reading it right the inactive characters gain xp passively?

Well, in the interests of not double posting, I think I am about to embark again on my journey to make a 5e character. Much rage to be had I think, but here goes.

FarFetched

Quote from: Lyku on December 13, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
I also spoke with Sherlock, as some of people know, had to close the SGA game due to personal reasons.  I have decided to allow players who were in this to bring over their characters if they want.  All characters were level one, but it would allow them to come with the XP and the experiences they had.  I am doing this as I know some people wanted to see how those characters would progress. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnnI-RN3i4

...Still taking people?

Lyku

This game is open enrollment.  We have groups near the end or at the end of their first quests, so jumping in is not a problem.  Just get your sheet on here for approval and once it is okayed, put it in the char vault.  If you are using your SGA character, just toss me the link for it.

freeko

https://mega.nz/#!JVBnwKRa!JzjRfxs5GCIUxjISdIF_eKS9ZhgtcqaX4m94s1H3rac

Well, there it is. My first draft of what my character might end up being. It is missing things, like her spells. I can do that later but I think once I see that this first sheet is not a disaster on some level I can at least feel that something finally went right with this..

Lyku

I'll review it when I take break in about 45 mins.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: freeko on February 09, 2016, 09:37:46 AM
https://mega.nz/#!JVBnwKRa!JzjRfxs5GCIUxjISdIF_eKS9ZhgtcqaX4m94s1H3rac

Well, there it is. My first draft of what my character might end up being. It is missing things, like her spells. I can do that later but I think once I see that this first sheet is not a disaster on some level I can at least feel that something finally went right with this..

For what it's worth, I think she looks solid. her traits clearly show an interesting basic personality to build off of (and one my character in particular would make a good foil for). The only potential mechanical issue I see is that you missed her background equipment (i think).

As for spells, don't agonize too much. For cantrips, grab Sacred Flame for sure (You WANt that spell, its the only real cleric magical ranged attack and it does Radiant damage, which is one of the two best damage types and incredibly useful at low levels) and one other like Thaumaturgy. For 1st-level spells, whatever works best for you , though Cure Wounds and Bless are always good choices. Also, I don't see her Domain on there anywhere. Don't neglect that, it's a very important choice.

freeko

Yeah, there are a few things missing. I wanted to make sure the basic elements of the character are sound before I moved on to adding in the secondary gear like the prayer book, 15 gp and the rest of the background gear.

What I am trying to figure out though, is just what the heck goes in the 5 spots down at the bottom in the middle of the sheet? They look like SP, CP, EP, GP, and PP.

I think I get 3 cantrips and 2 spells, that was the other thing I wanted to ask about.

AndyZ

Copper, Silver, Electrum, Gold, and Platinum.  If you went Acolyte, you have 15gp.  I haven't checked your sheet, though.  Having breathing troubles thanks to family again.

tyr4n02r

Thats your list of currency: Copper (1/100th), Silver (1/10th), Electrum (1/2), Gold (1), Platinum (10)

Ninja'd
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

freeko

Oh, well that actually makes sense now. I assume that I just put 15 in the GP slot then to account for the 15 gp that my character would start with?

Is there a way to add the spells I would get onto my sheet without having to use that 3 page version?

FarFetched

Quote from: Lyku on February 09, 2016, 07:39:20 AM
This game is open enrollment.  We have groups near the end or at the end of their first quests, so jumping in is not a problem.  Just get your sheet on here for approval and once it is okayed, put it in the char vault.  If you are using your SGA character, just toss me the link for it.
Here's the link to it.

Player:FarFetchedCharacter Name:Charles Grimley
Class:Disney Villain DruidLevel:1
Race:HumanBackground:"Noble"
Alignment:Chaotic NeutralAge:26
Height:5'8Weight:140 lbs
Experience:75 EXPDeity:Locust

~Abilities~
STR8 (-1)DEX14 (+2)CON15 (+2)
INT14 (+1) [SV + 2]WIS18 (+3) [SV + 2]CHA10 (+0)

HP: 10/10AC:15
Speed:30 ft.Initiative:+2
Proficiency Bonus:+2Passive Perception:14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:ScimitarType:SlashingRange:MeleeAttack Bonus: (+4)Damage:1d6
|
Spells

Spellcasting Ability:WisdomSpell Save DC:13 (8+2+3) Spell Attack Bonus:+5 (+2[Prof] +3[Wis])

Cantrip:Druidcraft

Range: 30 feet

Whispering to the spirits of nature, you create one of the following effects within range:

You create a tiny, harmless sensory effect that predicts what the weather will be at your location for the next 24 hours. The effect might manifest as a golden orb for clear skies, a cloud for rain, falling snowflakes for snow, and so on. This effect persists for 1 round.

You instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom.

You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound of a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk. The effect must fit in a 5-foot cube.

You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
|
Cantrip: Thorn Whip

Components: V, S, M (the stem o f a plant with thorns)

You create a long, vine-like whip covered in thorns that lashes out at your command toward a creature in range. Make a melee spell attack against the target. If the attack hits, the creature takes 1d6 piercing damage, and if the creature is Large or smaller, you pull the creature up to 10 feet closer to you.

This spell’s damage increases by 1d6 w hen you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

Level 1: Thunderwave

Range: Self (15-foot cube)
Duration: Instantaneous A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed. In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell’s effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
|
Level 1: Animal Friendship

Components: V, S, M (a morsel o f food)
Duration: 24 hours

This spell lets you convince a beast that you mean it no harm. Choose a beast that you can see within range. It must see and hear you. If the beast’s Intelligence is 4 or higher, the spell fails. Otherwise, the beast must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by you for the spell’s duration. If you or one of your companions harms the target, the spells ends. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot o f 2nd level or higher, you can affect one additional beast for each slot level above 1st.

|
Level 1: Entangle

Range: 90 feet
Components: V,S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Grasping weeds and vines sprout frame the ground in a 20-foot square starting from a point within range. For the duration, these plants turn the ground in the area into difficult terrain. A creature in the area when you cast the spell must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the entangling plants until the spell ends. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself. When the spell ends, the conjured plants wilt away.
|
Level 1: Faerie Fire
Casting Time: I action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if
it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For lhe duration, objects
and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10.fool radius.
Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommon,Sylvan
STR
Athletics(-1)
DEX
Acrobatics(+2)Sleight of Hand(+2)Stealth:(+2)
INT
Arcana:(+1)History:(+3) (Prof)Investigation:(+1)Nature:(+4)(Prof)Religion:(+1)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+5)(Prof)Insight:(+3)Medicine:(+3)Perception:(+3)Survival:(+3)
CHA
Deception:(+0)Intimidation:(+0)Performance:(+0)Persuasion:(+2) (Prof)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Herbalism Kit,
Weapon Proficiencies:Clubs, Daggers, Darts, Javelins, Maces,
Quarterstaffs, Scimitars, Sickles, Slings & Spears
Armor ProficienciesLight Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
|
Equipment & Currency

Faded Fine Clothing, Dingy Scroll of Pedigree, Wooden Signet Ring,
Leather Armor, Explorer's Pack, Saddle,
Rotting Totem (druidic focus), Wooden Shield, Rusty Scimitar (1d6, Finesse, light),
Sickly Donkey

Trinket: A tiny silver icon of a raven

~Currency and Treasure~
25 GP, 5 sp, 8 cp

~Features~
Position Of "Privilege"
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member o f the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
|
Druidic
You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

~Additional~
Background

Charles was often picked on as a kid. His father was a Noble, whose failed merchant exploits had reduced his family's treasury from one of stunning opulence, to barely getting by. Charles always had appeared sickly, and that made him the focus of quite a lot of bullying.

Especially from Jenkins Anderson.

One fateful evening, Jenkins Anderson chased young Charles out into the swampland outside their village. Charles tripped on a root hidden beneath a bog, and fell headlong into the mud. His hand brushed something. It seemed like a stick of some sort- rotting; filled with holes. When the bully found him, Charles panicked, and whacked him with the rotting stick. Charles himself claimed that it almost glowed for a moment.

It didn't do anything...

At first.

Jenkins proceeded to beat young Charles up, leaving him beaten and bruised in the mire. That very night though... something happened to Jenkins. By morning, red beetles were found everywhere in his room. Jenkin's face was swollen, and bulging with eggs laid by the insects that very night. The boy was permanently, and horrible disfigured, and word of Charles's involvement with it began to spread around town. Most kids, and even some full-grown adults tended to leave him alone after that. It was the beginning of Charles's obsession with bugs, vermin, and Locust.

As Charles's attunement with the swamp grew, unrest began to settle in the town. In the end, his obsession proved too much for them. The local lord visited Charles's father, and demanded that he be sent away. Charles was furious, but could do nothing. With a small amount of aid from the Lord, his father had him sent to a boarding school in a nearby city. Upon arrival, Charles found himself drawn to the city's feted sewers, as if some force were calling him. It was there that he met cultists of the god Locust, who recognized Charles for his gifts, and claimed he was blessed. While Charles pursued an education in the city above, the Locust Cult took young Charles under their wing, and taught him their ways.

Years later, Charles is a devout follower of the Cult of the Locust. Shrines to the lesser god can be found in many major cities across the planes, hidden beneath the streets in sewer systems. The cult of the Locust promotes bringing man down to the level of the insects in which they thrive amongst, so all may live on an equal playing field. Their mantra:"The sewers are made for our kind, filthy tunnels for a filthy race. The rats and snakes and bugs are our equals, embrace our sisters."

Recently, Charles had finally convinced his father to use whatever paltry fortune that may have been left to his family to have him sent to the SGA. He dreams of gaining the ability to have Locust's will be done, and to bring equality to all things.
|
Mannerisms & Appearence
Charles Grimlee is a rather sinister slip of a man, with a pale complexion and furtive eyes. Every inch of him screams an unhealthy obsession with the occult, bugs, and spirits in general. His hair is long, straight, and pitch black. His clothes tend towards royal purple and look similar to a noble's, though in reality they're just shoddy knockoffs.  His speaking is rather faint, and his words are spoken ominous whispers in a slightly falsetto tone.

Charles is strangely unphased by most things he encounters, tending to disregard bigger events for the smallest things, like a bug he may see crawling on a wall. Even more oddly, and perhaps because of his Diety, Bugs seem to collect around Charles wherever he goes. He doesn't seem to mind. It all adds up to a very unsettling atmosphere around the young man.

Despite this unsettling continence, it's not uncommon for Charles to look out for the little guy when he can. Even though he is, strictly speaking, a "noble," he has a large dislike for the wealthy- in particular those who were born into money
|

schnookums

Been watching this thread for a bit, think I might want to toss my hat in the ring for this game.

Lyku

FarFetched... Charles is accepted.  That being said, his stats are below the spread that I offered my players for their characters.  If you'd like, you can choose to readjust your stats for him. 

Schookums, get a sheet posted here and once approved, you'll be good to go in the main thread.

freeko

Lyku

In all honesty, between my work PC which I cant download that file onto and my XBox, I haven't been able to view it in its current form.  I am going to be looking at it on a diff PC when I get out of work.  It won't be until after 3 pm.  I can review it sooner if it is in a format like Myth Weavers or the format that displays the text in a post on here, like have been used above.

ChefofDreams

I love playing 5e, do you have space for another character? If so what does the group need and what can I not be?
Slowly it burns.

Sain

5th ed is awesome in that it does not need any specific roles so you can make anything you want :D

ChefofDreams

I might make a dwarf monk then :) I will work on a character tonight and post him tomorrow if that is ok.
Slowly it burns.

freeko

Quote from: Lyku on February 10, 2016, 08:30:32 AM
In all honesty, between my work PC which I cant download that file onto and my XBox, I haven't been able to view it in its current form.  I am going to be looking at it on a diff PC when I get out of work.  It won't be until after 3 pm.  I can review it sooner if it is in a format like Myth Weavers or the format that displays the text in a post on here, like have been used above.

What is mythwaver or whatever its called? I got stuck working so when you can get to I would appreciate being able to finish this thing off finally.

tyr4n02r

http://www.myth-weavers.com

Free site, char sheets plus forum for play-by-post games. I always use it for my 3.5/PF games
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

FarFetched

Quote from: Lyku on February 10, 2016, 07:52:57 AM
FarFetched... Charles is accepted.  That being said, his stats are below the spread that I offered my players for their characters.  If you'd like, you can choose to readjust your stats for him. 
Yey~! I'll fix those up when I get to a computer.

freeko

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 10, 2016, 02:36:34 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com

Free site, char sheets plus forum for play-by-post games. I always use it for my 3.5/PF games

Does it help in any way to decipher 5e for me at all? Like if I forget something and the like?

Zaer Darkwail

The sheets in there do some of the math for you, you just need type in stats, write down profiency bonus and then click little boxes for skills and saves where profiency bonus applies to.

freeko

I guess once im done with this garbage ass 15 hour day i just got screwed over with, I'll look it over..tomorrow.

How do I link my character on myth-eaters or whatever its called so someone here could see it?

Lyku

Open the sheet then copy and paste the link in the address bar here.

freeko

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=706549

I assume that is what you are referring to?

I think I ported most everything that I know to port over from the sheet I had on mega. Let me know what I am missing, since I am almost certainly missing something. Mostly the things that the Acolyte gives. What would I need component wise to cast the cantrip spells?

Also, is there a way to have the holy symbol be engraved on the shield that she is using?

FarFetched

Done with applying the spread; pretty sure I got it right this time but I could always be wrong. Thank you for the help, Lyku!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: freeko on February 11, 2016, 12:22:01 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=706549

I assume that is what you are referring to?

I think I ported most everything that I know to port over from the sheet I had on mega. Let me know what I am missing, since I am almost certainly missing something. Mostly the things that the Acolyte gives. What would I need component wise to cast the cantrip spells?

Also, is there a way to have the holy symbol be engraved on the shield that she is using?

Cantrips don't typically require components to cast other than verbal or somatic. As for putting a holy symbol on your shield - That's what an Emblem is. They're actually in the PHB.

schnookums

Hmm, having a hard time deciding what to play

Lyku

For those who are curious but may not have the books, free guides are here.  These are not the full books, but they have enough to make a character and explain the game:

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

ALSO... I may be looking into an assistant DM.  If you're interested... umm.. PM me and I'll keep people updated.

freeko

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 12, 2016, 09:53:57 AM
Cantrips don't typically require components to cast other than verbal or somatic. As for putting a holy symbol on your shield - That's what an Emblem is. They're actually in the PHB.

You talk as if I have any idea what I am doing, which is a big mistake. I have never done 5e before and my autism is tripping hard because my mind wants it to be 2.5/3.5 and well.. its not.

I wouldnt know to look for something that I dont even know exists in the first place. This 5e handbook is just a nightmare to navigate which is why I have been repeatedly asking for help in making my character. It is not a joke, I just cannot seem to wrap my head around this at all.

Lyku

It's alright.  I am actually leaving work early due to a storm  warning, so I will be able to give more attention when at home.  We'll get you feeling comfortable with this.

tyr4n02r

Okay, I got it: 5e is confusing to pick up from more modular systems, because you are looking for math problems and equations that no longer exist. Its like going from Street Fighter to Smash Bros. Both solid engines, but your Super Hadouken input just makes Luigi plank. (And before anyone says it, Yes Ryu is in Smash, and does have the button input for a Super Hadouken. Doesn't count tho.)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

freeko

Quote from: Lyku on February 12, 2016, 02:26:01 PM
It's alright.  I am actually leaving work early due to a storm  warning, so I will be able to give more attention when at home.  We'll get you feeling comfortable with this.

PM me when you get home?

RE: I hate 5e

Spells give by the god I choose, do they or do they not have their own casting slots? Like I get 2 spells to cast and my god (Lugh) gives me Bless and Cure Wounds, do the spells given by the god count toward those two spells or are they in addition to the two spells? Basically do I get domain spell slots or is it all a pool of the 2 spell slots to be used that are common?

Also, do I get 4 additional spells to use in addition to those 2 spells given by the god? So would I have a total of 4 spells available or six?

Lyku

Page 22 of the book I provided you with, under clerics.  Domain spells are additional spells you always have prepared, but the arent extra spell slots. 

Zaer Darkwail

Simply said whenever you pray for new spell slots per day you pick also spells what you 'know' given day and it's based on cleric level (was it 1/2?) + wisdom modifier. That is your total pool of spells known, so in short in 20th level your spells known is based same formula as in 1st level. Domain spells are spells which are always known/prepared (so no need spend spell known spot for those). But all other cleric spells in cleric spellcasting list you have to pick what you know and do not know.

Also as mentioned in cantrips sacred flame is a must have (as it's only at-will ranged attack spell what cleric can get and radiant is very splendid damage type against many foes which good clerics fight against).

Anycase the spell slots you get you can cast any spell known as you like in given spell tier (like in 3.5 sorcerer does).

freeko

I updated the sheet in mythwhatever, so the link before should have the updated version now.

subboi

Alright, this is my first time setting up a DND character, and I did it by myself, so please correct me if I have made a mistake.

Name: Hollinys Chorster
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Background: Street Urchin
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130 pounds

Abilities
Strength: 10 + 1
Dexterity: 16 + 1
Constitution: 12 + 1
Intelligence: 15 + 1
Wisdom: 8 + 1
Charisma: 14 + 1

Equipment
Shortsword, shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows, explorers pack, leather armor, 2 daggers, thieves' tools.

Biography and Appearance: Hollinys was orphaned at a young age. Raised in the streets, he learned to take advantage of his slight build and nimble fingers to survive. He learned how to fight and sneak. Being rather pretty for a boy, he even found himself forced to sell his body at his lowest points.

Hollinys is fairly short and lightweight. He has a slender body and pale skin. He has deep blue eyes. His hair is dirty blonde and hangs down to his shoulders in curls.

Again I'm not certain that this is right so correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Lyku

Looking good so far.  Couple notes:

Ability spread is actually. 16, 15, 14, 12, 10, 8.  So take off the 13 you have on yours and replace with a 16.  Feel free to assign that anywhere.

Next look into skills that you will be proficient in.  Dont forget that humans have a varient option for their racial bonuses, which would give you +1 to 2 attributes, then a feat and another skill you are proficient in.  The reason to note this is because Skill ability modifiers change based on even number scores.  Quick table

Scores / Modifier
8 - 9 / -1
10 - 11 / 0
12 - 13 / +1
14 - 15 / +2
16 - 17 / +3
18 - 19 / +4
20 - 21 / +5

And so on, capping at 30.  Cap for a character without any magic is 20 though.

My players hand book is MIA, but for skills, you get to pick some from a list for rogue (I think they are pick 4 from a list), then you get 2 more skills based on the background you pick, and finally you get get one more if you took the human varient.

freeko

Is there somewhere I need to place my character?

I have been done ( I think) a few days now and have not heard anything one way or the other. At this point I would not be wanting to do anything until after the weekend since I am finishing with packing and loading things for the convention this weekend that I will be going to.

Lyku

Information should be in previous posts, but I will repost everything.  One second...

---
EDIT

Character Vault : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241269.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241267.0

Main IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241224.0

Lyku

As groups are returning back from their adventures, new players are now welcome to apply if interested.  I am more than willing to help people... but just don't be a jerk. :)

pcnovaes

I'll put a quick character togheter and hop on XD
Do I post it here or pm it top you?

Lyku

Post here and introduce yourself to the group.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241267.0

Once approved, I'll give you the link of where to put the sheet.  You will be starting at level 1.  Character creation should be either in this thread or that one as I provided scores for starting stats.

Tamhansen

This is array built only right? No point built characters?

Really interested, but need to see if I cam build my bard using the array, without gimping myself too much.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Zaer Darkwail

We use the pre-determined array of stats than point buy. From experience I would place 16 on charisma, 15 on Dex or Str (whichever will be your main physical combat stat, recommend go for Dex route for higher AC and using finesse weapons) and then 14 to Int (if go for bard of lore) or Con (if go for bard of valor as you likely go melee then as bard) and then 12 to wisdom (or constitution if not already), 10 to either Int or Wis (depending earlier choices) and finally 8 to combat stat which you do not plan use (Str likely or Dex).

So you gimp either having low Str or Dex basically. Or if want go 'dumb' route you could place to Int as int is most least asked save and could work for bardic skald of valor (lore it would be plain weird). Bard mostly needs primarily Cha, followed by Str/Dex (combat style choice) and then Con (to survive hits).

Tamhansen

Meh. If you look at the mechanics of the game, Dex highly outweighs charisma. Charisma needs to be relatively high, but there's no need to top it, as a bard's primary focus isn't spellcasting.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Well, incase if you did not know the bards who are from college of lore are best spellcasters in entire game, when it comes versatility and knowing various spells. Basically 'red mage' on steroids. So saying spells are not part of bard's arsenal is same as telling figther's weapons nor armor are not part of their class :P.

So even if you decide not pick any spells which asks saving throws (there is lot of them in bard's tree and other spell trees), having high charisma helps in class crucial skill checks and also boost saving throw which you got profiency in already (performance, deception, persuasion, are all charisma related). Also inspiring leader (even if lackluster as a feat) greatly benefits from high charisma modifier.

Also many healing/buffing spells have xdx+cha mod in them, so to serve in role of buffing or healing you need high charisma modifer (example heroism gives temp Hp per round based on cha mod alone).

Also one your important class features; bardic inspiration, numbers are entirely on charisma modifer (if got 0 charisma mod as bard you can only do it once per combat for entire day until 5th level you recover bardic inspiration between short rests also). In 5th edition bards are solid support jack-of-all-trades class, in case lore bards their also most versatile spellcasters also.

So, do not dump your charisma as bard and use best stat for it. It's worth me trust me ;)

Tamhansen

ons and offs

DomJoe

I may be interested, although a character isn't really coming to mind quite easily... I see that you don't have any Monks, Rangers, or Druids, so I'm trying to think of a character that would work well with one of those classes.

That makes me question, what materials are we allowed to use? Are things like Swords Coast, Elemental Evil and Unearthed Arcana allowed?

Lyku

Game is still open for those interested.  My apologies for lack of a response as life has been hectic.

That being said, with those interested.  There is a flat XP rate for the game so people can come in and be somewhat close to the rest of the group.  Current entry level XP is 900 as of 4/20/2016.

Lyku

Bumping to see if there is any interest as the game is still running.  Starting level has been bumped to level 3.

Lyku

VenatorBC26

Lyku

Those interested... post sheets following guidelines guidelines.  Those who had posted before in my absence, adjust to level 3.  Will review all sheets asap