(recruiting) Dawn of Man (PF, NC/EX)

Started by Zenkai, March 04, 2018, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenkai

group 2 launched in the IC thread. We have 2 more player spots free for group 3 before closing recruitment.

Arcanist

Scared me there for a bit until I did a double take on the names of the villages. Welcome to the goblin hunt
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Zenkai

Quote from: Arcanist on March 10, 2018, 11:01:33 AM
Scared me there for a bit until I did a double take on the names of the villages. Welcome to the goblin hunt

If that scares you...  >:)

Arcanist

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

towerhouse

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 09, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
I didn't have a specific deity in mind, but went sun/protection, so probably not a/the fertility goddess.  But they could have run into each other at some point, though Harshada wouldn't have any more information about her divine magic than Inani.

Let’s say they ran into each other and were kindred spirits. Harshada convinces Inani to protect villages from goblins, which Inani agrees cause... nothing better to do.
-TH

On/Offs

towerhouse

Quote from: Zenkai on March 10, 2018, 07:45:53 AM
Just to point out again, you don't have a god at the beginning of a game, and are instead considered to follow a divine concept (see http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/classes/cleric.html ). once a god shows interest in you, you can start following him. Divine magic is learned by talented pupils in scribe schools; non-talented scribes go on to work in the priesthood and are the pillars of palace economy. Inani is more or less an exception, because the fertility goddess has taken a personal interest in him/her.

Inani was born a slave in the slums Uruk. His early days were little more than ratlike scurrying under the whips of the overseers. Despite the harsh conditions, he was managing to eke out a reasonably comfortable exisetnce, compared to other slave children. Sometimes he thought his life was charmed. Then, at age 6, when children were split off to different duties according to the judgement of the overseers, life took a curous turn. A priestess from the temple of fertility picked him out, along with six pretty girls. That rose some eyebrows. Suddenly his life turned around, and lived with the girls in the temple's private scribe school. When not learning, he was doing the same chores as the other girls. At twelve, having memorized the books of rituals and holy edicts, he fully expected to become a priest. But that was again not to be. Instead, he was bathed in a pool of milk and honey, priestesses taking good care of his body, given new quarters. He attended lessons with future priestesses, soaked in the pool during the evenings, for the next six years. He became fair like a woman, an unearthly beauty shining from his androgynous face. At times, one could see an ethereal form shimmering around him. The established priestesses turned their heads from him and muttered, but none dared to do anything against him.

Finally, his eighteenth birthday was due. That evening, instead of the usual priestesses taking care of him, there was a woman of unearthly beauty, clad in gauze, an eight-pointed star tattoo on her forehead. A lion dozed in one corner of the room. The goddess herself had come to appreciate him. She bid him to lie with her on the altar, and he did. She bid him to drink her milk, and he did. She bid him to cut his flesh with an obsidian razor, and he did.

Next morning the high priestess, with a more than slightly miffed expression in her eyes, proclaimed that Inani was to be the priest-king's ritual bride. Everyone turned to see him, and saw a woman of stunning beauty instead. The ritual sex marathon with the priest king would be hers. The importance of the ceremony was great, but the old man was repulsive.  So only mere days after being visited by the goddess of fertility herself, Inani eloped. She was sure she heard the goddess laugh somewhere as the city stayed far behind her. The gifts she had, however, stayed with her.

That looks good.  One question:  when does she gain the eidolon transformation?  Was it after the meeting with the goddess or before?  I’m assuming she still has to transform to her eidolon everyday, who is an embryonic goddess of fertility.
-TH

On/Offs

Zenkai

Quote from: towerhouse on March 10, 2018, 03:53:27 PM
That looks good.  One question:  when does she gain the eidolon transformation?  Was it after the meeting with the goddess or before?  I’m assuming she still has to transform to her eidolon everyday, who is an embryonic goddess of fertility.

Well, she's been practicing it for years (the shimmer around him that I mentioned), but it came in force during the transformation to female. Also, it's an embryonic avatar, not an embryonic goddess. An avatar in the D&D sense of a material manifestation of a deity - a herald if you will; a very real fragment of the deity's might. She doesn't have to transform if she doesn't want to; the connection to her eidolon (and thus the goddess) is permanent.

PixelatedPixie

I'm going to back out of my application.  Best of luck.

towerhouse

Quote from: Zenkai on March 10, 2018, 05:38:59 PM
Well, she's been practicing it for years (the shimmer around him that I mentioned), but it came in force during the transformation to female. Also, it's an embryonic avatar, not an embryonic goddess. An avatar in the D&D sense of a material manifestation of a deity - a herald if you will; a very real fragment of the deity's might. She doesn't have to transform if she doesn't want to; the connection to her eidolon (and thus the goddess) is permanent.

That sounds good.  I'll just wait until other people apply then.  Also, PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric:  Sorry to see you go.
-TH

On/Offs

schnookums

I'm having some Writer's block when it comes to character creation...shaman wasn't working for me, so I'm trying to think of another idea.

Zenkai

Quote from: schnookums on March 12, 2018, 08:00:04 PM
I'm having some Writer's block when it comes to character creation...shaman wasn't working for me, so I'm trying to think of another idea.

Can we aid you in brainstorming?

You could skim through the information on the wiki ( https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private:DawnofMan ) to stir your idea factory.

schnookums

Well sad to say some of it is just doing the number crunching. A 1st level character isn't too bad to make but I've grown a bit burnt out by the technical aspects of chargen. I'll come up with something though.