Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on February 25, 2014, 02:14:55 AM
I've been meaning to go back and play some of my older 360 games, like I never actually finished most of the factions in Skyrim and I have a bunch of other unfinished games.

One thing is that I still have never managed to get together a team to help me kill the raid bosses in Borderlands 2. That reminds me, can I ask you guys a question about how DLC is supposed to work?
I hope this helps.

Downloading to Xbox 360

How do I download my purchases to Xbox 360?

Upon confirming purchase of an item in Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web, the item is added to your Download Queue. Next, power your console on and sign in using the same Xbox Live account you used to purchase the item. Items will automatically download to the console in the order specified in your Download Queue.
How long does it take to download items to my Xbox 360 console?

Download time primarily depends on the size of the item and your Internet connection speed. For some connection types, local network traffic can also affect download times.
Are downloaded items stored on my personal computer?

All items purchased from Live Marketplace on the Web are downloaded to your Xbox 360 console. Avatar items are also available on Xbox.com which means you can access them from any PC or browser-enabled mobile device.
I play games on multiple consoles. Where will my downloads go?

Content will automatically download to the first console you sign into after completing a purchase on the web. If you decide to sign into a second console and you have content in the Download Queue, the items will appear in the console’s Active Downloads feature and you have the option to download content to the second console. If you choose not to download the content to the second console, the content will remain in the Download Queue until you sign into your first console.

Content that you purchased and downloaded to the second console can be downloaded again to your first console using the Download History feature.

Please Note: Changing the download location does not change the usage restrictions on the content. Usage restrictions are applied to the first console the download is started or played on.
Can I play my purchases on my computer?

Except for avatar items, all other content purchased from Xbox Live Marketplace is designed for use only on Xbox 360 consoles.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Zekromnomnom

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 25, 2014, 03:19:42 AM

As for DLC, how do you mean Zekro?

Well, in this case, I noticed something weird when we got our new 360. Before this, I had my own LIVE account, but never my own console. But I purchased most of the Borderlands 2 DLC and had it on other consoles, then when we got ours, I redownloaded it to our 360. The thing is, sometimes our router is kind of wonky and for some reason, even when signed in to my account, if we don't have internet access, in the case of the router messing up, we can't access that DLC anymore, even though it's saved on the hard drive.

Anyone know what's up with that or of a possible fix?

Sasquatch421

I think I know what happened Zekro. When you redownloaded to you own console it might not have moved the content licenses to the new console. When I got my new 360 and put all my DLC into that new hard drive, mine did the same thing with the DLC only working when I had internet. You need to get into Xbox live and transfer your licenses to the new 360.

Transfering Content Licenses

Content licenses

After your content is transferred to the new console, some content might still be associated with your old Xbox 360 console. Don't worry — you'll still be able to play the content on your new console as long as you are signed in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that originally purchased the content.

However, if you want to use all of your transferred content without signing in to Xbox Live or with a different gamertag, you'll need to transfer the content licenses to your new console. Here’s how:
1.Sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
2.Go to Settings, and then select Account.
3.Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.
4.Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

Zekromnomnom

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Red Faction Guerrilla Warfare.  I like it better than the Just Cause series.  Been playing a lot of League of Legends.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Mathim

I just found an original Playstation disc of Rayman, the very first one before it went all 3D and weird. One of the best non-Mario 2D platformers I've ever played, so can't wait to plug my PS2 back in and play it again.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lux12

Civilization 5 is good if you like strategy games. Torchlight 2 is one of the better Diablo clones  out there. It's not a clone clone but it's very similar.

Inkidu

I like Star Drive, and I'd recommend it. I could go on about the ship design, or the ground combat, or how it actually feels like you're running an empire, but really...

this is all you need to know
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

Quote from: Lux12 on March 01, 2014, 06:29:28 PM
Civilization 5 is good if you like strategy games. Torchlight 2 is one of the better Diablo clones  out there. It's not a clone clone but it's very similar.
Agreed, it's a fun dungeon crawler. I like that when I need to mindlessly hack and slash. >:)

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on March 01, 2014, 07:08:08 PM
Agreed, it's a fun dungeon crawler. I like that when I need to mindlessly hack and slash. >:)

I have tourchlight 2 on steam, and for those with PC I recommend getting the synergies mod.  It adds new classes with their own skill sets and animations for them and some new monsters.  If you do get it, it is meant to be played on the harder difficulties.

Zekromnomnom

I've been playing Monster Tale, Etrian Odyssey, and Luminous Arc. Can't put them down lately. Feeling inspired toward RPing from it, too.

consortium11

I've been playing a ridiculous amount of Sins of a Solar Empire, an RTS/4X hybrid game (although with an emphasis on the RTS elements). It gets a bit grindy in the late game (especially on bigger maps) and the races aren't really balanced well but it's still pretty good fun. It also has the usual selection of cool mods... including severa Star Wars/Star Trek/Halo total conversions.

Aiden

Just beat South Park Stick of Truth, this game was AMAZING. If you like satire (Southpark) and RPG's, this game is perfect.

Mathim

Quote from: Aiden on March 18, 2014, 12:15:14 PM
Just beat South Park Stick of Truth, this game was AMAZING. If you like satire (Southpark) and RPG's, this game is perfect.

What, in your opinion, is the amount of glitching in the game that an average person can expect? I watched a playthrough on youtube and the guy had to restart during the tutorial fight when after a failed attack, an enemy fighter fell down and wouldn't get back up. I have heard this is the biggest flaw in the game; I'd like an insider's perspective before I go dumping 60 bones on this thing I've been waiting forever for.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Aiden

I had 2 glitches, one forced me to restart, but the game autosave feature meant I did not lose a lot of data.

The second glitch was when the music stopped playing during one encounter.

The game is short, I beat it in about 15 hours, did all the side quests and most of the "findables" but it was an amazing 15 hours. Well worth the price, IMO.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Aiden on March 18, 2014, 12:15:14 PM

since you got the game i have to ask: do you have to play as a guy?

Aiden

You do, you could technically wear a girl's hairstyle and makeup etc.

But for the plot of the game, without spoilers, you are a boy and it explains (sort of) why it's like that.

Remiel

I have to admit that I was very pleasantly surprised by the South Park game.  I don't know if it's worth $60, the price I paid for it on Steam, but as a South Park fan, I found it incredibly entertaining.    Basically it's a turn-based strategy RPG with fantasy elements (think Final Fantasy), but everything, from the abilities to the characters to the weapons, are so quintessentially South Park.   I particularly loved the characters' special abilities (Butters can turn into Professor Chaos to deliver a smackdown on the enemies, for example, and Princess Kenny can summon a magical unicorn whose horn can actually gore Kenny to death if you don't press the right button at the right time) but the giddiness lost a bit of its lustre after seeing the spectacle for the 100th time.

Still, overall, I enjoyed it greatly.   Four out of five stars.

Mathim -- Personally, I think I only experienced one glitch in the 20+ hours I put into it.   As it always is, saving frequently is your friend.

Sara -- you do, although your hero never speaks until the very end, and all the other characters refer to him as either "the new kid" or "Douchebag".  As Aiden said, you can give him a girl's hairstyle, clothes, and makeup, although I think he is occasionally referred to by "he" or "him". 

Hemingway

Titanfall is good fun, if you like online shooters but find CoD too frantic. It's less players versus players, and more players and AI versus players and AI. I normally can't take the frantic competition of CoD for more than an hour at a time, but Titanfall is nothing like that.

Also, it has big-ass mechs. Which is good.

Deamonbane

Just started playing that Deadpool game and GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN... I was laughing so hard I couldn't play almost...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Chris Brady

I finally got Dark Souls 2, and I got the game I expected, as opposed to the game I wanted, so I cannot claim that it's good (or rather I do not find it good) so...  I'm currently still playing Bravely Default, which has started to annoy me.  Not enough to kill the game, but...

However, I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3.  This is fun, so far.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Final Fantasy X HD.  Got rid of Bravely Default, didn't even finish it.  Chapters 5-8 ruined the game for me.  Picking up INfamous Second Son on release day.

Zekromnomnom

I've been playing Luminous Arc, but it's getting super annoying because my next story battle has me surrounded by enemies that have magic that can hit like three of my units at once and they end up tearing me apart before I can reach them.

LostInTheMist

Tropico 4! My favorite city building Sim since SimCity 2000. I loved the original Tropico, but Tropico 4 is such an improvement on just about every level. I'm enjoying the Campaign quite a bit, but Sandbox is fun too.

For those who don't know, in Tropico, you are your very own island "Presidente". You can choose your background and how you rose to power, as well as certain traits, and then decide how you're going to rule your island.

For example, you could have been the Generalissimo of the previous administration, giving you soldier efficiency and the respect of the Militarists. Perhaps you came to power by overthrowing the previous military regime in a bloody military coup. You might add the "Veteran", "War Hero", and "Vigilante" traits to maximize the respect of the military. You then might immediately impose Martial Law, suspend elections, and initiate a bloody reign of terror, executing those who dare to protest against your rule.

Or you might be a Oil Tycoon who won a capitalist election, exploiting the island's natural oil deposits to turn a tidy profit.

Et cetera.

I've played with great success both as a communist exporting raw metals and cash crops and as a capitalist, refining those cash crops into rum (from sugar), cigars (from tobacco), and/or canned coffee (from coffee, duh), and refining those metals into jewelry (from gold) or weapons (from iron). I've played brutal dictators and charismatic democracy-loving presidents, and the middle ground between the two.

It's just a lot of fun.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.