DnD Online... Lets play together!

Started by Yorubi, April 09, 2011, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorubi

Well I made a thread before asking if people played and what not which I did get some response and all for and talked about it. I figured that, rather then making a thread talking about if people played if we can actually get us to play together. Consider this a 'game request' if you would, an extremely geeky one XD.

Basically I want to see if anyone would be interested in perhaps trying to get together and play on the same server, possibly even make a guild together given we have someone who might have either the TP (which can be acquired for free) or simply a VIP membership that can get it for free. I know not everyone can play at the same times, but I figure we can maybe either set up little group ups together or at the very least get ourselves located together on one server. We could if everyone likes, set up times were we might play together and simply have characters created solely for playing together in the game (mostly to keep everyone the same level).

You don't have to have a character or anything in order to join in if you are interested. I'm more then happy to answer any questions you might have and help you get started. I'm not quite the biggest expert on the game, but I will do what I can to get you involved. I'm not looking perfection and I don't think anyone else is either as for me personally, I view it as something fun to do and get some members of the forums actively involved with.

If anyone at all is interested in this, feel free to comment here. I want to hopefully figure out a server we can all get into together and start playing as a group in sometime soon. We hopefully can find a server a couple people here have played on and simply use that one, or we can always try for a grab bag or simply all form up on a server none of us have actively played on and try starting from scratch. :) Feel free to give your opinions on what you would like to do, and remember, you don't have to know DnD or have played the game before to join in.

Myrleena

So you're aware, ShamshielDF and I are on the Thelanis server and have a guild...but I am not going to post nicks here, as it's in a public area of the site.

Yorubi

Ah really? Hmm interesting. ^^;; Well it could be possibly to get people together on that server since you got a 'base' of sorts set up and working there. I take it then you would enjoy the idea of getting together and playing toons together in game then?

Wolfy

If we do this I might really join. ^-^

Yorubi

I'm doing it if I have to make a 2 man army! *Tugs Wolfy with her* your coming with me!  ;D

CmdrRenegade

For what it's worth I do play with some RL friends on the Cannith server.  I have a Dwarf Barbarian, a Human Cleric, and a Human Rogue there. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Myrleena

*has a level 20 cleric, level 17 fighter, level 15-16 wizard, level 7 ranger, and level 1 rogue (restarted, trying out permadeath)*

ShamshielDF

So far Myr and I have a level 31 guild (The Aethership Pirate Corps) and four characters each.  I have a level 11 cleric, level 1 paladin (just restarted character), level 14 rogue and a level 5 sorcerer.  We also have one or two others from Elli in the guild and a few RL friends that are part of our table top gaming community.  We've been playing on Thelanis since...I think since it went free to play.  We're not subscribers, but we both have all of the adventure packs. 
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Yorubi

Ah I see I see... I get to feel less and less special the more I find out that I wasn't starting a new wave on here. ^^;; Still it would be great to all play together and perhaps roll new toons to group together for things.

AllieCat

Ooooh..

I've been playing WoW and Rift, but not so much, Rift cuz I don't know nobody who plays.. and WoW.. well I've done everything with my main there but raid. Maybe....

Yorubi

Feel free to join in I say, the more numbers we have, the better we will thrive and win! XD Can always PM me for help or to become my referal buddie and earn me free tp be closer to each other. XD Really though if you want to play feel free to try it out. You get free TP for each first character you make on the server by completing dungeons for favor which can be stacked up to buy some cash shop items which is good, so trying it out on odd servers isn't a bad thing. That and its free to enjoy and with enough dedication, you can get everything on it free. :)

AllieCat

What the heck, I'm not tired, shoot me the details, I'll try it out :)

ShamshielDF

Getting into DDO is easy.  Go to the website and create an account.  Afterward, it should take you to a page to download the game, but if that doesn't work for some reason, you can go here

The download comes in two flavors, standard and high resolution.  The high res version looks much prettier, but is also a slightly larger download.  Also, whenever they update the game (3 - 6 major updates per year) the high res update tends to be a bit bigger.  On the other hand, ever major update has also made improvements on textures and graphics, even on old areas.  I like the high res version, but I'm also a graphics whore, so...your mileage may vary.

Once you're into the game, hopefully things are fairly self explanatory.  When you make a character you can pick to go with a specific build/concept or you can customize the charrie.  The actual customization of your toon is one of the last steps in the process.

In regards to TP (Turbine Points), you get some points for free by playing the game.  Each quest/adventure awards a certain amount of favor with various groups.  When your total reaches certain benchmarks, you get a number of TP.  The favor awarded for a quest varies based on what difficulty it's done at and the base value of the quest, but runs anywhere from 2 or 3 for a basic quest on easy to 12 points for harder quests done on Elite.  You earn 25 TP every time your Favor total hits a multiple of 100, as well as certain threshholds for the first time on a server.

In the end, it's possible to grind for favor and never have to buy TP.  On the other hand, if you ever buy TP, even the minimum amount, you get certain advantages in perpetuity, such as 4 character slots rather than 2, drastically increased gold limit (43 million, vs. 12500 at level 1 and doubling each level), unlimited vs limited auctions and so forth.  The cheapest TP bundle is currently $6.50.

I would recommend looking at DDOWiki for details on the game.  It might help explain concepts, mechanics or quests if you have problems and nobody else is around that can help.  Usually, though, there are some pretty helpful people in the beginning area.  If you have an advice question, just type /advice and type what you want to say in the chat box in game.  That way the text shows up in the specific advice channel, which should show in your main chat window as a golden/yellow color.

If you have any other questions, just ask ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

Yorubi

Tsenta

Need to get better internet (which is impossible)   way too big a download for me (even on the lower resolution option).  Sad Tsenta. :(
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Hemingway

Well ...

I'm downloading it now. I have considered the game before, but never actually tried it. I will do so now and ... well, decide what I think. : )

Yorubi

Yeah the DL is a bit slow and a little bit on the bigger side. >.<

Ah :) Well just message me if you need help with anything.

Myrleena

I actually tend to start the download and leave it overnight...it takes a while.  On the other hand, at the highest resolution and best graphics, it blows any other MMO that I've seen out of the water.  Mind, I have a limited number I've seen, but...*shrugs*

Myrleena

Also, I'm going to be getting online shortly.  And I'm also putting my character names into my Off's & On's page, so those who want to can contact me in-game.

AllieCat

I created a pally on Cattith, I'll be on tonight after I visit friends :)

Wolfy

Wait, are we all joining up on the same server? O_o

Cause..I could make a bard..:/ No one seems to want to be a bard. xD

Myrleena

Bards are perfectly good.  In fact, Yorubi has a pair of them.  My problem is the type of bard I want to play requires a group...and I tend to be horrible at finding good groups for them.

ShamshielDF

I think it would be fun to have more people on one server...I know that Myrleena and myself are on Thelanis.  Yorubi has also created a character on Thelanis and there are at least two other members of E on the Thelanis server in our guild. 
Ons and offs!
A&A

Yorubi

Yeah right now I'm playing a bard a bit just to try it out. If we all go and play together I'd probably make more like a rogue or maybe a Sorceress.

Wolfy

Soo..are we gonna do this? Cause..If So, I need to go download the game. xD