How Far Will You Go In The Name of Faith? (Recruiting)

Started by deadmanshand, November 09, 2014, 10:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadmanshand

After much delay - something about Real Life beating me like a pinata full of sarcasm and bitterness - I am ready to actually get this game going.

Section and System: This will be an Extreme game utilizing a version of the free ImagiNation system. Possession of the system is not required as I have posted the relevant rules in the World Building section.

Open To: LGBTQ friendly but they must fit in context. A gender transitioned character would not fit due to the ability to do so not existing and the like. The Vigil does not discriminate over gender. So male and female characters are equally viable.

Game Summary: You are the Inquisition. At least members of it. Your task is to root out heresy, infernalism, and apostacy. To gather evidence, question - in all the meanings of the word -, and see them tried for their crimes. There will be black magic and monsters and demons but this game would explore both sides of the Inquisition. Where you fall on the spectrum of defender of the faith and dangerous zealot is up to you. Definitely Dark Fantasy in tone.

My intention for the game is to walk the line between the myths of the Inquisition and the truth. As for morality every npc will have their own. Same for the players. The overall morality of the Inquisition... that's almost not for me to say. The game and the players will determine that I think.

The religion is inspired by the Catholic Church but will be different in structure, doctrine, and origin. I do intend for doctrine and theology to play a big part in the game. Indeed it's almost necessary.

Setting: All setting (and system) information can be found here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215755.msg10602582#msg10602582

Required Resources: None but do try to give ImagiNation a look. It's a very cool system that translates very well to play by post.

Game Pacing: At least one post a week. If you are going to have an extended absence simply PM me or let us know in the Game's OOC.

Sexual Activity: Vice is part and parcel of this game. Sex (and other vices) will be indulged over the course of this story. All such scenes must respect the O/O's of the people involved. But simply because this is an expected element does not mean it is the main point of the story. Spending too much time in bed and not enough time on the story will be grounds for discussions about whether this game is right for you.

Posting Format: All posting will be done in third person, past tense style with a preference for 2-3 paragraphs. Spelling and grammar do not need to be perfect. All game traits will be written in italics. At the top of every IC post will be the following -

[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Tagged PCs:[/b]

Tagged PCs referring to the other pcs in the scene. This is so that all of us can keep things straight.

Character Creation: Will be detailed along with the rules in the setting thread linked to above but the basic template will be below. This is the basic character template. If you want to do a history or select an image or describe yourself that is all extra that I definitely won't complain about getting. And please post the character sheets here.

[b]Name:[/b] (see your Nationality for typical cultural names)
[b]Where Did You Come From:[/b] (see the World Info for the known cultures and - please - no new cultures)
[b]Who Are You:[/b] (who you are at the core)
[b]What Can You Do:[/b] (skills and the like)

Inspirational Images:

Kythia

Kythia

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by:

QuoteYou have seven in total, ‘very’ counts as two, and a different adverb counts as three.

from the setting thread.  Do I read this right as "bootylicious" would cost one, "very bootylicious" would cost two and "funktacularly bootylicious" three?  Or, if for some reason you prefer less ridiculous examples:

Good Archer - 1
Very Good Archer - 2
Extremely/Amazingly/Incredibly/etc. Good Archer - 3

Kythia

Name: Maria de la Gioielleria
Where Did You Come From: Ustica
Who Are You: Maria is the fourth daughter of a mid-range merchant family.  Rich enough to pay a dowry or two without bothering, rich enough even that a third could be managed with some belt-tightening.  Not rich enough for a fourth...  She was encouraged into the church as a family member - which she very much thinks of herself as - having senior ranking could be oh so very useful.  It's not that she's not religious or devout, she certainly is, but she's also one of the Gioielleria girls and it takes mroe than holy orders to forget that.

Maria is healthy and intelligent with a very good aesthetic sense: though she's not an artist herself she has a fine eye and her patronage on new artists she has met on her travels has given her an exceptionally wide range of contacts

Healthy: 1
Intelligent: 1
VERY aesthetic: 2
OTHER ADVERB network of contacts: 3

What Can You Do:
Master:
Negotiator

Professional:
Financier, Appraiser

Novice:
Theologian, Horsewoman, Painter/Scribe, Leader

deadmanshand

Maria looks good. So the first member of our Inquisitorial team is ready. Need at least 2 others before the game can commence. However long it takes I will get this game up and running.

Bandeena

I shall put mine on paper by tomorrow. Paper being...here...

deadmanshand

Still looking for more players! I want to run this game and I will keep advertising until I can.

deadmanshand

Added some inspirational images to try and get some creative juices flowing!