The Seven - An OC game based on 'The Boys' Amazon series/comics

Started by Primarch, August 07, 2019, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Primarch

Captain Whitebread

Everybody seems to be living in my head.  I PM'd Ime's player with a similar idea, so now I have to scrap the planned character and come up with something not in the pretty boy lawyer mold.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

El Maligno

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on August 19, 2019, 05:40:07 PM
Everybody seems to be living in my head.  I PM'd Ime's player with a similar idea, so now I have to scrap the planned character and come up with something not in the pretty boy lawyer mold.

Hey there's always room for rivals!

Captain Whitebread

MingMing

“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

El Maligno

Captain Whitebread

Was thinking about going the other way and a former Marine troubleshooter with potentially emphasis on shooter

Foxy DeVille

Hark! A handler!

Character: Yumi Bang
Player: Foxy Oni

Role: Executive at Vought International, Hero Management Division
Powers/Special abilities:

• Fluent in English and Korean, Conversational in Chinese and Japanese
  • Master's degree in public relations from USC
  • Black belt in taekwondo

Personality:

• Driven
Yumi had one dream gig taken away from her, she won't let it happen again. Nothing she does is halfway, be it academics, martial arts, dance training, or her work at Vought. She will use anything and everything at her disposal to succeed.
  • Poised
For as long as she can remember, Yumi has been put in high pressure situations. As a result she is very good at keeping her cool while under stress. She stays calm and pleasant during the worst of times. Yumi can be convincingly friendly to just about anyone and doesn't let adversaries push her buttons
  • Vanity
She's sexy and she knows it. Yumi never looks less than her best and isn't afraid to push the limits of corporate dress code. She loves the spotlight and at times can be manipulated by flattery. Her need to be a "star" is what led her to Hero Management.

History:

• Childhood
Born in Los Angeles to affluent Korean immigrants, Yumi Bang was a go-getter from the start. She did well in school as well as  in the singing and dance lessons she begged to take, as she knew from an early age she wanted to be an entertainer. The Bangs also made sure their only child was aware of her heritage, teaching her the Korean language as well as English and enrolling her in taekwondo classes like the children in their homeland.
  • Teenage Years
After successfully auditioning for a South Korean entertainment company, Yumi spent her high school years training to be a pop idol. She had a difficult time there as her buxom figure clashed with the cute and innocent look of her peers. After three years Yumi was placed into a girl group but it wasn't really promoted by the company and failed to make an impact. Finding the whole experience demoralizing, Yumi returned home to America.
  • Adulthood
Enrolling in college at the University of Southern California, Yumi pursued her studies there with the same vigor as she did her idol training. One benefit from her time in South Korea is she saw how public relations worked an decided to pursue that as a career. Yumi minored in Asian studies, taking classes in Chinese and Japanese language. It wasn't all hard work though and Yumi took some time to experiment sexually, discovering an interest in BDSM that she still maintains. She got an internship with Vought and after completing her master's degree Yumi was offered a permanent position. Initially she worked with Vought's Asian interests. But upon discovering the company's association with the Seven she requested a transfer to Hero Management. This was her second chance at glory at she wasn't going to let it slip away.

Relationships/Connections:

• TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD

Secrets/Gossip:

• "She has to have had work done. I mean, just look at those things."
  • "I heard she got into that little girl group of hers by getting on her hands and knees for the bosses there. Wouldn't be shocked if that's how she got her position in Hero Management."
  • Yumi? She's Korean, right? Isn't anyone worried she could be selling company secrets to foreigners?"

Kadigan

A foxy? And a handler? And harking? I don't know how I can resist all that...

MingMing

I'm happy to have another Asian-American to interact and sip tea with while being inscrutable and exotic together.  :-)
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: MingMing on August 20, 2019, 06:20:06 AM
I'm happy to have another Asian-American to interact and sip tea with while being inscrutable and exotic together.  :-)

*giggles demurely*

Primarch

Captain Whitebread

After careful consideration, I am withdrawing my interest in creating a character.

Have fun and good RPing.

Primarch

Bruja Amethyst

Roleplay Status: Accepting
Storylines = 10
Response Time: = 1-3 days
Bruja Amethyst's Magical Realm
DISCORD: BrujaAmethyst#9691 - 139188212018053120

El Maligno

Quote from: BabyGirl1990 on August 20, 2019, 05:38:43 PM
is this still open for characters?

We are actually but not super powered ones. We need handlers for sure!

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: El Maligno on August 20, 2019, 05:41:04 PM
We are actually but not super powered ones. We need handlers for sure!

Like Ashley Barrett was?
Storylines = 10

Primarch

We're not accepting superpowered characters but we are taking staff at Vought, varying from handler/managers, executives, fixers, so on & so forth

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: Primarch on August 20, 2019, 06:07:52 PM
We're not accepting superpowered characters but we are taking staff at Vought, varying from handler/managers, executives, fixers, so on & so forth

Well that's a bummer, I was hoping to made my girl have like aura reading or empathy, nothing drastic, just something. But thanks anyways all!
Storylines = 10