Xillen

Quote from: Caeli on June 19, 2009, 09:34:15 PMred

I always thought it was orange :P

Is it meant to be red? :)

Could be the white background, though.

Bliss

No, it's red.

And the background is pale blue.

I think maybe you need to adjust the colors on your monitor, Xillen. :)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Xillen

Well, they might be red, but they're really tiny, and their background on the main page is most definitely white (246/246/246 according to my MS Paint).

And I checked. The core of the letters themselves are indeed pure red (255/0/0). However, if you zoom in on them, you'll notice that only very few pixels are actually this red color, while most are softening pixels, which hold varying degrees of green and even a bit of blue, and thus are technically orange.

So I'll stay in the opinion that, while they were intended to be red, are actually orange! :P

Caeli

I think your MSPaint might be a little off...?

My Photoshop says the background is hex #f6f6f6 - which I already knew, since I've done some tables work with the background colors before. >_>;

And... yes, it's red, with anti-aliasing. That doesn't make it orange, because the majority of the pixels are in reddish hues and tones.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if your monitor is correctly configured. As long as you can tell which colors denote which positions, I think you'll manage, even with a white background and orange text. :P
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Xillen

Quote from: Caeli on June 20, 2009, 09:55:07 AMMy Photoshop says the background is hex #f6f6f6

#F6 is exactly the same as 246 :) If that doesn't count as white (which should be 255/255/255 or #FFFFFF if you prefer hex), it would be a very, very light shade of gray, but not blue.

Quote from: Caeli on June 20, 2009, 09:55:07 AMAnd... yes, it's red, with anti-aliasing. That doesn't make it orange, because the majority of the pixels are in reddish hues and tones.

Reddish, but with the anti-aliasing towards white, they appear more orange than red. :P

Xillen

Anyhow, I like orange. Red is too stern :P

Caeli

Quote from: Caeli on June 20, 2009, 09:55:07 AMAt the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if your monitor is correctly configured. As long as you can tell which colors denote which positions, I think you'll manage, even with a white background and orange text. :P
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

*approaches this forensically*

Just for giggles, I took my ancient copy of PaintShop and made three reference histograms:  One red ($FF0000), one yellow ($FFFF00) and one orange ($FF8000)  I then took a screencap of Bliss's name as a red-text sample, cropped out as much white as I could, and did a fourth histogram.

Other than the expected peak at white ($FFFFFF), there were two significant peaks near the red reference, another significant peak very close to white, and four minor peaks (less than a quarter of the size of each of the other three) widely scattered around the orange reference.

*puts away labcoat and scampers away*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17