The Heathens - a post-apocalyptic LGBTQ freeform badassery interest check

Started by Ouroboros, November 08, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: BAMF on November 08, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Yeah. I like the mutants angle, not the zombie-mutants angle. Because oh my god I'm so tired of zombies. >.<

Agreed. Next question that raises is, how does the local enclave feel about mutants? Are there mutant party members? Or are mutants outcasts/the enemy/what have you?

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 08, 2015, 07:00:45 PM
What happened: Alien visitation + panic nukes. Details to be hammered out or not, personally I'd be more interested in leaving things vague, weird, and unknowable so the changes and threats can be brought in as thematically and dramatically appropriate. Back in The Past, aliens dropped by and made things interesting, and after they left various world governments started bombing things with... odd results.

Now: There is home base. It's a thriving queer enclave, potentially related to a bomb shelter or maybe it's just someplace people don't want to go due to proximity to an alien site - too close for comfort, but not entirely dangerous. Given the environment elsewhere, it may or may not be safe to be queer and out. Occasionally groups go out scouting and bring back supplies and new members; this allows for different leaders, as well as home base politics and a way to bring new people in as they are interested and able to join.

On the right track?

Well, you KNOW I'm going to like it; I suggested it. :)

One thing I loved about Roadside Picnic was how clearly it took Clarke's Law to a believable extreme, with faint hints of causality but rarely any certainty (silver spiderwebs that aren't quite there). Things just happened and people responded to them with a mix of science and superstition...And the latter was as likely to get you valid results as the former.

So, perhaps the average person at the time of the visitation/nuclear exchange hardly knew anything more than rumors and weird stories before the lights went out. How long ago was that? Are there survivors from that time? Are we survivors from that time? Or are we all descendants?

(I favor descendants, with the past as unknowable, strange and alien as the future)

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 08, 2015, 07:00:45 PMIt's a thriving queer enclave, potentially related to a bomb shelter or maybe it's just someplace people don't want to go due to proximity to an alien site - too close for comfort, but not entirely dangerous.

Why not both? It's a bomb shelter that was unfortunately close to one of the places the alien incursion spread. Borderlands and liminal zones have always been more interesting, long before there was a game by that name...

Any place like and unlike meet and don't quite blend in harmony, that's ripe pickings for story-bait, IMHO.

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on November 08, 2015, 07:03:22 PM
The environment = crazy, evil religious zealots who believe that the aliens were messengers from god to cripple mankind due to it's descent into heathenry?

Aaaaaaaaaand I think we have a good potential candidate for our first set of villains. Some sort of post-apoc cleansing paladinate, perhaps?

Still definitely interested, still definitely intrigued, and still churning out ideas. :) I do that.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on November 09, 2015, 01:36:56 AM
Aaaaaaaaaand I think we have a good potential candidate for our first set of villains. Some sort of post-apoc cleansing paladinate, perhaps?

The descendants of doomsday preppers, maybe?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

I'm interested.

Quote from: BAMF on November 08, 2015, 02:02:27 PM
...I'm thinking about Animorphs now. Because the alien they ran around with who was "like a combination between a deer and a scorpion and a human." Or the other one that was like "a giant centipede," or the other one that was like, "has blades for arms."

You mean Andalites, Taxxons and Hork-Bajir? *coughs and shuffles his feet* I really love those books.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

BAMF

Yes! Thank you Cae. I remembered Andalites after I posted, but I couldn't remember the others. Thank you!!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Vael the Destroyer

VioletPanda

I  love that  series!  - might have all the books-

Omg now I want to do an Animorphs role play!
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Ouroboros

At this point I haven't heard any dissenting opinions, so I'm going to forge ahead with what we've discussed (and edit it into the first page of this thread).

That means it's time for what you've all been waiting for. Character creation!

I don't need much from you at present. You can feel free to mention your concepts in the thread, but what I would like is a brief description of the character you're envisioning, what they're good at, their flaws, their hopes and fears and all that good stuff. I don't need a novel; I'd rather the writing take place in the game itself, though I won't complain if you want to write a lengthy backstory.

PM concepts to me, preferably with a header indicating what it is. We'll talk about it. Talk to the other people about concepts too. I love pre-established connections and drama, though I'm not such a fan of endgame/OTP situations because life happens and you can't always assume your partner will be there the entire time.

I'll start up a proper OOC and character repository later tonight, and provide you with a format for your sheet so we have some uniformity once we reach final draft stage. Approved characters will go over to said repository.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to answer them. :D
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Blythe

Withdrawing my interest--don't think I'll be able to think of a good fleshed out concept for this. Sorry folks--but happy gaming. :)

Ouroboros

D'aww. If you do change your mind in the future we'll (hopefully) be around!

Wolfling72

Prods the thread. I shall be sending a character concept to you at some point within the next 24 hours, starting now.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Ouroboros

Vael the Destroyer

Oh yes, that reminds me. >:)

Captain Chimera
Name: Rhett Mackey
Nicknames/Codenames: Captain Chimera, Chi (prefers to go by nicknames)
Age & Birthdate: 25, May 4th
Height: 5’11”
Body Type: Slender and lanky, but toned and strong
Hair: Shoulder length, dark brown and wavy, always kept in a bun (except in the bedroom)
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Features: Man bun, pale skin, strong jaw, contagious smile and fierce scowl. Has quite a few scars on his back and shoulders from various battle wounds.

Personality: Calm under pressure, sassy, snarky, protective, immature at time, proud, feisty. Loves whiskey, smokes, chicken of any variety, hatchets, shotguns, revolvers, and big dicks

General History: Born and raised into a southern Christian family. Taught how to shoot from a young age. Never lived up to his father’s expectations. Middle son of seven children. Half Native-American, half caucasian.

Sexuality: Homosexual - Bottom (Dominant or Submissive)
Sexual On’s: Biting, scratching, hair pulling, rough fucking, slow passionate gushy sex, spanking, throat fucking - receiving, anal - receiving, fingering - receiving, orgasm control, breath control, marking, felching - receiving, rimming - receiving, bondage - receiving, forced plugging, nipple play, men physically stronger than himself
Sexual Off’s: Pedo, Necro, Beasteality, Excessive blood, Scat, Piss

Wolfling72

Dang it SS...you are killing me!!

All da grabby hands

Luckily for you, I can't find my original concept and so I must start over...

(still no Alex, I am saving him for uh other things)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Wolfling72 on November 12, 2015, 10:11:52 AM
Dang it SS...you are killing me!!

All da grabby hands

Luckily for you, I can't find my original concept and so I must start over...

(still no Alex, I am saving him for uh other things)

-slowly pushes chi your way-

Oh I know he's going to be wonderful, Wolf darling.

(pshaw, that's totally okay. Eliseo will be waiting for him in some dark alley to suck the blood of some innocent man before they have much coitus.)

BAMF

I'm sorta-kinda waiting to see what others will pitch before I maybe solidify on anything. I've got zero ideas right now.

Also, should note that there's a fairly decent-ish chance I might drop out 'cuz I'm busy with all my other stuff. I'm sure though, when I get caught up (god forbid) I'll be like, "Nah, I can totally do this game too." But we'll see how I'm feeling. :P Thankfully, you're okay with a slower pace!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Ouroboros

Oh most definitely. Especially given the time of year - I expect things will get crazy for a lot of us in addition to the daily grind.

I will also say that since what I have seen most of thus far, character-wise, has been masculine identifying, I will probably bring in a few characters to flesh things out that lean more toward the feminine side. Just in case anyone was considering a concept but concerned about gynophobia in the collective or anything along those lines.

Lockepick

Not to be that guy, but is there going to be a more... official full write up on the setting? I don't really want to go off the sort of hearsay and the like. I think it'll be an easier setting in general for people to get into when things are more solidified.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ouroboros

No, no, definitely be that guy. I'm very much in the very minimal/freewheeling mode so if people need more information that's definitely something that I can provide. What would be most helpful? I intend to eventually write up more, but I have visitors descending upon me this weekend and will prioritize what is most useful to y'all.

Lockepick

I guess a general write up of the setting. I do better in a more strict, established setting than anything too open. I've got a general idea from what's been discussed. I get the cause, and I get that the world is over, but I don't really understand the 'how' in the middle.

Some general questions: How long ago did this all happen (ie: was I alive BEFORE or was I born into this)? Is there any reason not to just avoid the 'pockets' at all costs? What the hell are these 'pockets' called (even colloquially)? Where are we, country/area/climate wise? On a scale from 1-10, where 8 is Mad Max, where is civilization?

No real rush, just it's hard for me to work on a character without having a setting to tie him to.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ouroboros

No worries! I will try to get something more concrete up in the next couple of days, but we will see, especially given the whole visitor thing. >.<

Wolfling72

The only thing that will change for myself and my character concept depends upon the answer to a query asked by lockepick ie

How long ago did this all happen (ie: was I alive BEFORE or was I born into this)? Everything else is easy enough to fill in during play. *nods*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Ouroboros

That I can answer easily enough - you were not born before everything happened. It has been at least a few generations, depending on how breeding-happy your area of origin was.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 13, 2015, 12:02:35 PM
That I can answer easily enough - you were not born before everything happened. It has been at least a few generations, depending on how breeding-happy your area of origin was.

*nods* Ok...then I I have one little change to implement...which you will see after work today (or whenever your company lets you breathe again)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Ouroboros