The Heathens - a post-apocalyptic LGBTQ freeform badassery interest check

Started by Ouroboros, November 08, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

I think, instead of Erika, I'm going to go with Ruby Rose.  I will stick with the chef angle, though, probably add in some survivor knowledge of edible wild plants and mushrooms.

Ouroboros

I am currently working on typing up various threads - it's about time I started getting things off the ground. Last call for objections to this game being located in the "Extreme" portion of the board; I am also toying with not requiring sexual ons and offs as part of the character sheet because ideally those wouldn't be the main focus anyway. Ideally.
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Ouroboros

THINGS HAVE NOT GONE AS PLANNED THIS WEEKEND. Gah.

That said, I have finally gotten some OOC stuff up.

OOC Setting
OOC Chat
Accepted Characters (currently empty)

Additionally this is the format for final sheets. Those of you I have talked to about concepts, please reformat to fit with the below:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Codename and/or Nickname(s):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender & Preferred Pronouns:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Just a brief description of those things that are important to know - hair, eyes, skin, approximate body type and height, tats, scars, abnormalities.

[b]Personality:[/b] A general overview, nothing too in-depth

[b]History:[/b] Enough to give a feel for your character. Secrets can be held back as long as they are communicated to the GM.

[b]Skills and Talents:[/b] What your character is good at - if anything.

[b]Mutations[/b] If applicable. Minor beneficial mutations are accepted as long as they are discussed with the GM first and may require a drawback as well.

[b]Artifcats[/b] If applicable. One minor beneficial artifact can be accepted as long as it is discussed with the GM first.

[b]Fears:[/b] What your character fears most.

Ouroboros

And as I realized I was not as clear as I could have been - you do NOT need to have a mutation or artifact for your character. Those fields are optional.

Lockepick

Your OOC Chat link doesn't work! Takes you to the general board.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ouroboros

whaaaaaa crap.

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed in ~15 seconds from now.

Wolfling72

so...if you did not contact a person, does that mean the character is not wanted?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Ouroboros

No, it means I overlooked saying something. However I believe I gave you the all clear for yours. If I didn't, I intended to but then was bombarded by chaos and houseguests.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 29, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
No, it means I overlooked saying something. However I believe I gave you the all clear for yours. If I didn't, I intended to but then was bombarded by chaos and houseguests.

Oh Good. *was worried* Then I shall fix him....
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Ouroboros

Hey all,

Just a reminder that if you're interested, I'm now actively accepting concepts and slouching toward beginning soon. In the meantime, I have some questions and answers from the game's OOC.

Quote from: lockepick
1) What is the world like between Artifact Zones and bunkers? Is this 'nature reclaimed the land'? Are there any villages/settlements outside of bunkers? Are there mutant zombies roaming the land murdering people?

Yes, at least where you are, yes, maybe.

Quote2) Where is the world in regards to technology? It's been a couple of generations -- how much has been rebuilt or can be recreated? Have people re-learned how to make anything? Do we have generators or power? Running water? Are all the batteries in the world dead at this point -- so even flashlights and walkie talkies are worthless? Is there any infrastructure?

It probably varies. Some places are anti-technology, others have repurposed alien tech for larger things, some are trying to work to restore previous levels of technology. I'd imagine that unless people created their own they would be out of luck. There's the ability to make batteries as needed, but it's hard and requires resources that may be hard to come by. The bunker does have its own power source, but once you're out of a place like that, good luck.

Quote3) Is there communication between Settlements? Is there any communication between settlements outside of happenstance meetings? Is trade a thing?

Yes, depending on the settlements. (Helpful, I know.) The settlements near the Heathens are neutral to hostile and don't have regular contact, but there is a neutral agrarian commune that will deal with the Heathens on an as-needed basis.

Quote4) What are eating? Is anybody reprocessing food? Are we still living off stuff from the previous world? Are we farming/growing/hunting our own food?

150 year old food would be kind of grody, just sayin'. Most of it has been farmed/hunted. It's hard to get up to large scale herds as they attract predators, but goats and chickens do tolerably well. Agriculture has seen a resurgence, though the soil doesn't seem particularly fertile and it's hard work. The bunker also has hydroponic equipment which is still operational, but uses a lot of water and energy that are only feasible due to its place in a working bunker.

Quote5) What is the Heathen Society like? I assume there is intentionally no answer here, but saying "No answer" is still an answer -- but what is our society like? Do we have a ruler, do we have set laws? Do we have any iron-clad stances on stuff like alien tech or mutations or anything?

This is what y'all need to decide for yourselves. There's probably a leader, and I would assume that alien tech (as long as it is proven safe and non-mutagenic) and mutations are OK. But beyond that it's something I'd rather have happen as a player consensus because you're the ones who will be playing in the world.

Ouroboros

Kicking off IC this weekend. You don't need to get your concept in before then or else, but it would be nice to have a couple more players to start. Let me know if you have any questions.