What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Listen to Radio Blackrock in game. :P The insane ramblings of Tabitha the Super-Mutant..lawls.... It's too bad I have to take New Vegas back today, or else I'd go do that quest up there.

Sabby

Dude, that's one person xD

Hemingway

Depends, Wolfy. You ever played either of them before?

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on October 28, 2010, 11:31:00 AM
Depends, Wolfy. You ever played either of them before?

Well no..otherwise I'd know which to get. xD

Wolfy

Anyone ever played Frontlines: Fuel of War?

Steam has it on sale today for $3 (versus $20), so...I was thinking about getting it..but I don't want to if it's not good..or if no one is playing it. O-o

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 12:20:54 PM
Well no..otherwise I'd know which to get. xD

Well. I guess they're not that different from Fallout 3, aside from being top-down and turn-based, and having a lot more depth. Fallout is probably the hardest game, with a time limit to finish the main story, among other things. Fallout 2 is ... a lot more humorous, with a lot more pop culture references and all. It's also a huge game. I love them both.

Nyarly

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 08:46:00 AM
Hmm...Think I should get Fallout 2 or 1? o3o They have both up on Steam for $10...and well, I have $10 to spend. lol
Yes. You. Should.

Seriously, they are some of the best CRPGs in existence (although I haven't played the second very much yet as I got it fairly recently). Anyone who likes the genre just has to play them, even if they don't like post-apocalyptic settings in general. Sadly, quite a lot of things got cut from the second game, but there is a fan-made restoration project that restores the cut content (although it doesn't seem to be finished yet), which I haven't tried out yet. But even without it, there is a lot of things you can do there.

Personally, I didn't found the time limit of the first game so bad. For a long time, I wasn't even aware that there is a second one after you deliver the water chip to Vault 13 (the reason is rather bad, though: There is no indication of how much time you have left to stop the super mutant threat).

Hemingway

Quote from: Nyarly on October 28, 2010, 03:32:11 PM
Personally, I didn't found the time limit of the first game so bad. For a long time, I wasn't even aware that there is a second one after you deliver the water chip to Vault 13 (the reason is rather bad, though: There is no indication of how much time you have left to stop the super mutant threat).

I just find time limits to be the bane of gaming enjoyment. You have enough time, sure, but wander around aimlessly too long, and you're screwed. Which sucks, because sometimes wandering around aimlessly and kicking ass is all you want to do!

Here's some advice, too: making a deal with the water merchants, while giving you more time on the first part, gives you less time on the second part.

Wolfy

So..I should go with Fallout 2? o3o

Hemingway

It's the better game in my opinion, but it depends on what you're after. Fallout 1 probably has the better story, but Fallout 2, at least as far as I can tell, does have a larger map, more places to visit, more side quests, that sort of thing. But, yeah, there's no time limit in Fallout 2 ( even though creepy dreams want to give you the impression there is ), so if you're just looking to fuck around in the atomic wasteland, it's probably the better choice. xD

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on October 28, 2010, 04:53:21 PM
It's the better game in my opinion, but it depends on what you're after. Fallout 1 probably has the better story, but Fallout 2, at least as far as I can tell, does have a larger map, more places to visit, more side quests, that sort of thing. But, yeah, there's no time limit in Fallout 2 ( even though creepy dreams want to give you the impression there is ), so if you're just looking to fuck around in the atomic wasteland, it's probably the better choice. xD
lol.

Hemingway

Wait! This just in: apparently, patch 1.1 eliminates the time limit on the second part of Fallout 1. Meaning you can fuck around in the atomic wasteland there as well. If the version you're getting is patched, I guess.

Wolfy

O_o..Fallout 2 may have to wait..for Steam is having a sale, and I just saw Bioshock for $5. O-o

Hemingway

Haha, I saw that. I'm considering getting the Dark Descent, but ...

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on October 28, 2010, 05:00:53 PM
Haha, I saw that. I'm considering getting the Dark Descent, but ...

Buuut?

Hemingway

But even the trailer freaks me out. Come on! I don't want to spend my night curled up in a corner!

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on October 28, 2010, 05:07:01 PM
But even the trailer freaks me out. Come on! I don't want to spend my night curled up in a corner!

lol..well, I bought Bioshock..so I still have $10..but I'm torn between Fallout 2, Counter Strike, or Some game where you Bowl...with zombies as the pins. (Or Frontline: fuel of war..but I don't know...I mean, I keep hearing the community isn't that good anymore.)

Hmm...I may wait one more day..tommorow is the last day of the THQ sale, so maybe they'll have something good.

Inkidu

I love Fable 3. I have liked all the Fable games but 3 is by far the best. Despite obvious opinion-driven flaws in the first two games Fable maintains a certain amount of unique, appealing character that just lets it be awesome!

Seriously my pistol got gilded just because I have a fortune! Evolving weapons for the win!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

I may have to take the gift card I got on my last visit to Gamestop and trade in Fallout 3 and buy Fable 3. I mean to get Fable 3 on Steam anyway ( as soon as the price drops ... )

But then, I'll probably be getting Black Ops as soon as it releases. Hmm .. Black Ops should be the last, though.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 28, 2010, 05:23:08 PM
I love Fable 3. I have liked all the Fable games but 3 is by far the best. Despite obvious opinion-driven flaws in the first two games Fable maintains a certain amount of unique, appealing character that just lets it be awesome!

Seriously my pistol got gilded just because I have a fortune! Evolving weapons for the win!

More like Glowing Tattoos for the win...Though I wish my spellcasting looked more...impressive. You know, Charging it causes will-lines to show up on her body and all that...I'd love to see that. D:

Wolfy

Hmm...anyone else have a problem with steam where you download just...randomly pauses itself for no reason?

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 05:34:12 PM
More like Glowing Tattoos for the win...Though I wish my spellcasting looked more...impressive. You know, Charging it causes will-lines to show up on her body and all that...I'd love to see that. D:
Oddly enough it happens wit flourishing. Maybe it's just an indicator that your flourish is ready. I don't know. I don't miss will lines all that much but maybe that's what happens when you get your will through gauntlets? Who knows?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 28, 2010, 05:43:42 PM
Oddly enough it happens wit flourishing. Maybe it's just an indicator that your flourish is ready. I don't know. I don't miss will lines all that much but maybe that's what happens when you get your will through gauntlets? Who knows?

I know it does it during flourishes (Not all the time, though)...But..D: I want will lines! I want to look awesome while I blast my enemies with magic...(Though, I always have to resort to a sword or gun to finish them off..I think magic got a nerf. >_>)

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 05:46:20 PM
I know it does it during flourishes (Not all the time, though)...But..D: I want will lines! I want to look awesome while I blast my enemies with magic...(Though, I always have to resort to a sword or gun to finish them off..I think magic got a nerf. >_>)
Probably because of spell-weaving which is like a kill all the time. Still one spell at a time is so Fable 2.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 28, 2010, 05:57:38 PM
Probably because of spell-weaving which is like a kill all the time. Still one spell at a time is so Fable 2.

I use ForcePush + Shock

But that still doesn't kill them faster than a gun or the sword. D: