Of Pride and Prejudice (Seeking a domineering gentleman)

Started by China Doll, May 18, 2008, 02:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

China Doll

I shall duck the rocks about to be thrown at me in a moment..

I assure you, I am a huge fan of Jane Austen and I am not creating this alternate universe to ruin her good name nor characters. I simply had an idea which I think would be most interesting to experiment with, and is not the result of reading a good book, thinking of the characters out of their normal context?

I am most craving to play Elizabeth Bennet from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, in an unusual pairing between the protagonist and, not Darcy, but Mr. Collins.

The situation, as bare skeleton as I will present at the moment, is as follows. In the confrontational scene between Mr. and Mrs. Bennet and their distraught Lizzie who has moments before refused Mr. Collins' proposal, Mr. Bennet does not become his daughter's saving grace, and requests to her that she marry her cousin in order to secure the happiness of Jane and Mr. Bingley. Lizzie, who loves her elder sister dearly and could not bare to be the cause of her fair Janes' misery, swallows her pride...and marries the sycophant.

However, the mild mannered priest is not whom he appears to be. He is not the bumbling, light-footed clergyman everyone takes him to be. He, behind closed doors, is a domineering evangelical man who intends to smother the fire in Lizzie's heart and mold her into a perfect housewife. This is not easily done, for as all fans of Jane Austen's work, know that Lizzie Bennet is one of the finest examples of a prideful woman. The question remains as to if Collins truly wants to smother her fire completely, or keep it burning ever so slightly..but only for him?

I understand if this seems a bit rushed and confusing, I must admit to being slightly nervous upon submitting this first application. If my request needs to be further explained I shall most certainly do so.

I am seeking a literate partner who is able to produce a decent amount of paragraphs per post, as well as include a significant amount of details. Please be aware of the character you are portraying, and since I have asked for a different sort of kink than is to be expected from him, feel free to fill in the blanks as to why he is that way and the like. I am hoping that perhaps this can expand into how this effects Lizzie's relationship with Darcy, if a secret affair comes out of it and so on and so forth. Any further questions in regards to this, please message me :)

Most Affectionately Awaiting Response,

Vienna

*ducks rocks at last moment*

Note that I have an introduction already written up~
~I write for the same reason I breathe, because if I didn't, I would die~

China Doll

Come now, no one wants to place the wrath of God into bold and fiesty Lizzie/me? *smirks*

EGFrost

Ooh.  I don't usually dom ... but Jane Austin /and/ twisted religious fanaticism?  I would be interested.  I must admit, it's been a good year or two since I've read the book, so I'd want to re-read it, at least in part before I could really do the characters justice.  As such, it might be a short while before I could, in all good conscience, agree definitively to your request.  I am, however, writing to inform you that your request has not fallen upon deaf ears, nor a heart of stone.  So color me interested, and I'll try to be less tenative and more helpful once I have a few days to re-read the book.
  Lizzie would indeed, make a succubus, who must needs be /punished/ for her wickedness, and for inspiring such wicked thoughts from an otherwise righteous man.
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

China Doll

Quote from: EGFrost on May 18, 2008, 11:43:36 PM
Ooh.  I don't usually dom ... but Jane Austin /and/ twisted religious fanaticism?  I would be interested.  I must admit, it's been a good year or two since I've read the book, so I'd want to re-read it, at least in part before I could really do the characters justice.  As such, it might be a short while before I could, in all good conscience, agree definitively to your request.  I am, however, writing to inform you that your request has not fallen upon deaf ears, nor a heart of stone.  So color me interested, and I'll try to be less tenative and more helpful once I have a few days to re-read the book.
  Lizzie would indeed, make a succubus, who must needs be /punished/ for her wickedness, and for inspiring such wicked thoughts from an otherwise righteous man.

Your response has made my heart ache in turmoil and desire dear Sir...please forgive me, as I will be haunting your dreams until you come back to me *laughs softly*

EGFrost

I'm back, and good to go, for PM, game beginnings, or whatever else you want.  Novel re-reading finished, and actually, I can see where you're coming from with Vicar Collins.  He's got some shadows of being truly twisted, even in what we see in the book.  Other things, such as the ?voluntary? arsenic dosing and corseting of Miss De Bourgh by her mother are probably my own wishful thinking, but Mr Collins has definite potential, and I'm sort of amazed I've never noticed it before. 
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

The Dark Raven

*snatches up Mr. Collins with a vengeance*  Sending you a pm.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

China Doll

Well I solved a bit of my craving by making another video...maybe someone will be interested then*laughs* though it is Darcy based.