Beast: The Primodrial - American Legends (Interest Check, System, all welcome)

Started by eternaldarkness, August 17, 2016, 09:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Well consider me up to the challenge, then.

I'm wavering between the Eshmaki and the Anakim as a Family. Being chased by a Horseman fits the Fear of Hopelessness - the relentless juggernaut bearing down on you, pursuing you until you give out from exhaustion, but the Eshmaki are more into the Hunt; Anakim prefer to get the Chase over with fast so they can get to the smashing, but an Eshmaki is more likely to draw it out for extra enjoyment. Neither of them really have appropriate Atavisms, though I think the Eshmaki suite is a bit closer. Even with custom Atavisms as an option, which one do you think fits the archetype better?

Hunger's a bit easier. Prey is a shoe-in; Punishment would have been an option if I wanted to pursue an anti-hero angle, but I did that with my last Beast and feel like embracing the Monster this time around.

EDIT: Upon reflection, I think I'm going with an Anakim. The mentality fits a little better, since this character wouldn't be a silent stalker; he'd want the prey to know he was after them, rather than sneaking up on them.

First possible custom Atavism, some means of supernatural tracking. Possible themed as scent-based - the Giants I remember from mythology were all known for their keen sense of smell.
Another possibility, something that counters/removes obstacles and penalties to movement; you can't stop the Horseman, or slow it down, you can only keep running. Could even link them together...

Just spitballing here:
Inevitable Pursuit

Primary effect: Add Lair dots to all Survival or Investigation rolls to locate or track a specific target. Only one target can be 'marked' in this manner at a time.
Low Satiety: Lair dots instead become automatic successes on said rolls.
Satiety Expenditure: For the duration of the scene, ignore penalties to Speed and movement-related rolls. Can't be Immobilized or Knocked Down.

Oh, and my mortal identity is totally going to be a biker of some kind. That's practically mandatory.

Should I be aiming for the lower end, or higher end of the 60-100 XP range you mentioned?

(Oh, and for anyone else interested, I can also help with people unfamiliar with the rules. I have way too much time on my hands.)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 19, 2016, 07:24:01 PM
Well consider me up to the challenge, then.

I'm wavering between the Eshmaki and the Anakim as a Family. Being chased by a Horseman fits the Fear of Hopelessness - the relentless juggernaut bearing down on you, pursuing you until you give out from exhaustion, but the Eshmaki are more into the Hunt; Anakim prefer to get the Chase over with fast so they can get to the smashing, but an Eshmaki is more likely to draw it out for extra enjoyment. Neither of them really have appropriate Atavisms, though I think the Eshmaki suite is a bit closer. Even with custom Atavisms as an option, which one do you think fits the archetype better?

Hunger's a bit easier. Prey is a shoe-in; Punishment would have been an option if I wanted to pursue an anti-hero angle, but I did that with my last Beast and feel like embracing the Monster this time around.

EDIT: Upon reflection, I think I'm going with an Anakim. The mentality fits a little better, since this character wouldn't be a silent stalker; he'd want the prey to know he was after them, rather than sneaking up on them.

First possible custom Atavism, some means of supernatural tracking. Possible themed as scent-based - the Giants I remember from mythology were all known for their keen sense of smell.
Another possibility, something that counters/removes obstacles and penalties to movement; you can't stop the Horseman, or slow it down, you can only keep running. Could even link them together...

Just spitballing here:
Inevitable Pursuit

Primary effect: Add Lair dots to all Survival or Investigation rolls to locate or track a specific target. Only one target can be 'marked' in this manner at a time.
Low Satiety: Lair dots instead become automatic successes on said rolls.
Satiety Expenditure: For the duration of the scene, ignore penalties to Speed and movement-related rolls. Can't be Immobilized or Knocked Down.

Oh, and my mortal identity is totally going to be a biker of some kind. That's practically mandatory.

Should I be aiming for the lower end, or higher end of the 60-100 XP range you mentioned?

(Oh, and for anyone else interested, I can also help with people unfamiliar with the rules. I have way too much time on my hands.)

Thanks for the offer to assist. Glyph. 60 experiences is where we'll start at, though i intend for characters to get stronger very quickly. As for Atavisms, I think the horseman should be doable easily with the following: Needs Must and Eye of Heaven for marking and perfect tracking along with sussing out the targets' weaknesses, Relentless Hunter for swift recovery and the ability to pursue a target tirelessly, and lastly Wings of the Raptor to go sailing over any landscape in pursuit of your prey.

Jaded

I am thinking something (loosely) based on the Wendigo (among other things, Wekufe, etc).  Probably a Namtaru who Hungers for Ruin.  Human aspect is probably an (occasionally violent) Environmentalist.  The angle I am thinking is a bit anti-pollution/oil/etc, the lesson less being 'endure the storm' than 'you are bringing the storm down on yourself with your greed and gluttony.' 

An alternate thought was something like the Cherufe, but that isn't overly well known and didn't quite fit (not that the Wendigo is perfect, but I struggled to find any that didn't feel like they might end up similar to those already pitched).

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 20, 2016, 12:39:55 AM
Thanks for the offer to assist. Glyph. 60 experiences is where we'll start at, though i intend for characters to get stronger very quickly. As for Atavisms, I think the horseman should be doable easily with the following: Needs Must and Eye of Heaven for marking and perfect tracking along with sussing out the targets' weaknesses, Relentless Hunter for swift recovery and the ability to pursue a target tirelessly, and lastly Wings of the Raptor to go sailing over any landscape in pursuit of your prey.

Can Wings of the Raptor be used while he's mounted? If he can bring his bike/horse along when he flies, it would be perfect, but a Horseman without his Steed loses a lot of his mystique.

Aside from that, Needs Must works as a substitute tracking mechanism, yeah. Not so sure about Eye of Heaven; a lot of the information you get is more the sort of thing a Nemesis would be interested in.

Needs Must (Ugallu), Wings of the Raptor (Ugallu), Relentless Hunter (Eshmaki), Looming Presence (Anakim), and Relentless Hunter (Eshmaki), plus Unbreakable (Namtaru) if I can slip it in. That's a pretty hefty investment into Atavisms, but they all fit and I can certainly afford it.

Quote from: Jaded on August 20, 2016, 02:17:31 AM
I am thinking something (loosely) based on the Wendigo (among other things, Wekufe, etc).  Probably a Namtaru who Hungers for Ruin.  Human aspect is probably an (occasionally violent) Environmentalist.  The angle I am thinking is a bit anti-pollution/oil/etc, the lesson less being 'endure the storm' than 'you are bringing the storm down on yourself with your greed and gluttony.' 

An alternate thought was something like the Cherufe, but that isn't overly well known and didn't quite fit (not that the Wendigo is perfect, but I struggled to find any that didn't feel like they might end up similar to those already pitched).

What about a Thunderbird? Some of their legends have them as protectors of Earth against people who would do it harm, you could make a Gaia's Avenger type out of that. Get along great with Werewolves if you meet any.

First-draft sheet, just raw notes really:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Int 1  (+1)
Wits 2 (+1)
Res 3
---
Str 1 (+1)
Dex 4
Stam 3
---
Pre 3
Man 1
Com 3
---
Crafts 3
Occult 1
---
Athletics 3
Drive 3 (Motorcycles)
Firearms 2
Weaponry 3 (Swords)
---
Intimidate 4
Streetwise 3 (Biker Gangs)
---

Looming Presence
Unbreakable

Run Away
All Your Teeth Are Falling Out

XP Log:
4XP=+1 Int
4XP=+1 Str
4XP=+1 Wits
4XP=Needs Must
4XP=Relentless Hunter
4XP=Wings of the Raptor?

10XP = 2 dots of Lair

34/60
1XP=Relentless
1XP=Greyhound
1XP=Stunt Driver Style
3XP=Crack Driver
1XP=Fighting Finesse (Swords)
2XP=Resources 2
2XP=Status 2 (Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club)

45/60

3XP=Killer Instinct 3
2XP=Advanced Killer Instinct 2

50/60

10 XP left to spend on Skills or Merits to round out the concept, I'm not particularly interested in any of my remaining options for Atavisms or Nightmares.

VioletPanda

Work called and told me to come in 3 hours early :/  I'm already tired and I hate sudden changes to my timetable. Needless to say, the sheet won't be finished by tonight. I'll be arriving home around midnight.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

eternaldarkness

Quote from: VioletPanda on August 20, 2016, 04:13:08 PM
Work called and told me to come in 3 hours early :/  I'm already tired and I hate sudden changes to my timetable. Needless to say, the sheet won't be finished by tonight. I'll be arriving home around midnight.

Is okay, my love. take your time.

Jaded

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 20, 2016, 10:07:39 AM
What about a Thunderbird? Some of their legends have them as protectors of Earth against people who would do it harm, you could make a Gaia's Avenger type out of that. Get along great with Werewolves if you meet any.

Maybe.  Thanks for the suggestion :-) .  I glanced more at the underwater panther.  Though have become somewhat fixated on the Namtaru aspect.

First draft of a character sheet, I am not sure I have made a beast before, so may have made some errors.  I also doubt she is overly optimized.  I haven't written up a background, but she is probably a mixed blood member of some Native American tribe or other.  I took Striking Looks, I figure that she attractive at high satiety, and horrifying at low satiety.  I also took Small-Framed and Looming-Presence, so she would appear to be size 4, but seem to be size 9 (which goes with the giant aspect of the Wendigo). 

Wekufe, Wendigo, Witch of November
Human - Environmentalist

Aspiration: Destroy the ? Oil/Mining/Something Company.
Aspiration: To keep her people/tribe safe. 
Aspiration:

Family: Namtaru, of Revulsion
Hunger: Ravagers, for Ruin
Legend: Judgmental
Life: Loyal
Kinship:

INT: 2       STR: 2       PRE: 4
WIT: 3       DEX: 3       MAN: 3
RES: 3       STA: 2       COM: 3

MENTAL
Academics:     1
Computer:
Crafts:        1 - Sabotage
Investigation: 1
Medicine:      1
Occult:        2
Politics:      1
Science:       1

PHYSICAL
Athletics:     1
Brawl:
Drive:         1
Firearms:      1 - Rifle
Larceny:       3
Stealth:       2 - Moving in Woods
Survival:      2 - Navigation
Weaponry:      1

SOCIAL
Animal Ken:
Empathy:       2
Expression:
Intimidation:  1
Persuasion:    2   
Socialize:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:    1

NIGHTMARES
You Deserve This
Behold, My True Form!

ATAVISMS
Unbreakable
Looming-Presence

From the Shadows
Relentless Hunter
Shadowed Soul
Storm-Lashed
Titanic Blow

LAIR (5)

MERITS (10)
Direction Sense. Advanced (3)
Language (1) - ?
Sleight of Hand (2)
Striking Looks (2)
Small-Framed (2)

EXPERIENCE (60)
From the Shadows (-4)
Relentless Hunter (-4)
Shadowed Soul (-3)
Storm-Lashed (-4)
Titanic Blow (-4)
+1 Empathy (-2)
+1 Persuasion (-2)
Specialty, Crafts (-1)
+1 Resolve (-4)
+1 Wits (-4)
+1 Composure (-4)
+1 Presence (-4)
+4 Lair (-20)

eternaldarkness

I love what you guys have so far. I'm starting to see a theme of people who are very nature-oriented. Might be something worth running with.

TheGlyphstone

Probably just because most people are choosing Native American tribal legends as their horrors, which will tend to have a nature-like theme. I'm definitely the odd one out there.

Still not sure what to spend my last 10 XP on, any ideas? I could just go with another two dots of Lair, but improving my skills/Merits is also a good option.

VioletPanda

Only about half done, sorry! The numbers thing always seems really hard for me. :/

And don't worry, Glyph, I don't have a Native American theme either.

Aka Manto

Note: While the Aka Manto is Japanese in Origin, spirits or monsters who punish are an almost universal trait in cultures across the world.

Family: Eshmaki
Hunger: Hunger for Punishment

Aspirations
-Long-Term: Keep the stupid college kids in line
-Short-Term 1: None
-Episode Aspiration:

Life: Honest
Legend: Unexpected/Watchful

Description: Though only other Beasts can see her non-human form, it is manifest in her thin frame and delicate 'painter's fingers'. She is also rather petite, at only five  foot two, with dark hair to her shoulders. There are no bald spots, though her hair is rather thin.
Horror Image:

History:   Alicia was always different. Even though she never understood the difference until college, when she came into her Horror, children in school did as they often did and she was the target of bullying. And her nights were worse than her days, being stalked at night by something couldn't see. She was afraid of the dark as a child, though it was after she left home that this really began to bother her.

She was not used to having roommates, she was not used to sounds in the middle of the night, or that too quiet hush as she walked home from night classes that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up even though she couldn't see anyone around. Was it any wonder the nightmares started up again?

After the Devouring, she realized what it was that had always set her apart and it was a major relief to finally know why she'd had the dreams. And even more important, she knew they had a purpose; there were so many people who got away with things, in the dark. Crimes they had thought no one else would ever find out about. Maybe they killed someone. Maybe it was one of those crimes that never healed even after years, like a home invasion. Her Horror doesn't care who is punished, for any transgression, so long as there is punishment. But Alicia likes to think -and tries to make it so- that what she does has a higher purpose.

There's apparently this agency that wants to study her or something- what they want she doesn't care about matter to her as long as they don't get in her way and defend the idiots who brought their punishment on themselves.

Attributes
Intelligence 3
Wits 2
Resolve 3

Strength 2
Dexterity 3
Stamina 3

Presence
Manipulation 2
Composure 3

Skills
Mental (-3 unskilled)
Academics 1
Computer 1
Crafts
Investigation 2
Medicine 1
Occult 1
Politics
Science 1
Technology
Theology

Physical
Athletics 
Brawl 
Drive 
Firearms
Larceny 0
Stealth 
Survival
Weaponry

Social
Animal Ken
Empathy
Expression
Intimidation
Persuasion
Socialize
Streetwise
Subterfuge

Merits
Small-Framed (2)

Lair:

Satiety: 7

Health: 8

Willpower: 6

Atavisms
From the Shadows
Mimir’s Wisdom

Nightmares
You Deserve This
Run Away

Size: 4
Speed: 10
Defense: 6
Armor: 3/2
Initiative Mod: 6
Beats: 0
Experiences: 60/60

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Jaded

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 21, 2016, 02:31:49 PM
Probably just because most people are choosing Native American tribal legends as their horrors, which will tend to have a nature-like theme. I'm definitely the odd one out there.

There don't seem to be a ton of others for the Americas that I could find.   :-\  Could do something from scratch, but isn't as interesting to me.  A few ghosts and such I can think of, I guess modern horror stories (man with the hook for a hand or such), but most of that sort fall a little flat to me. 

Still a bit of a work in progress, hopefully without too many errors.  I am still refamiliarizing myself with Beast, but hopefully I have mostly caught the themes and such behind it.

Though now I need to figure out lairs and chambers more.

WIP Character Sheet

Rebecca Nayeli was the only child of a half-Ojibwe mother and a half-Hispanic father.  She was raised across the northern USA, the family moving to follow the work.  They eventually found themselves in North Dakota, her parents working in the oil industry.  Rebecca was always the outsider.  The constant moving, and her ancestry, ensuring she would never have any true friends.

It was only as she approached her late teenage years that she began to find her community in the form of Ojibwe, and other Native American, protestors.  Through chance or fate, she reconnected with a great-Aunt, a woman of vast knowledge and iron will, and through her the rest of her tribe.

It was that reconnection that brought about her devouring.  She had long been hunted in her dreams, but she only sought it out, only faced it, after she had reconnected with her people and learned of their stories. 

In the years that followed she became an environmentalist and protestor.  She spiked trees, sabotaged equipment and, in the event that drew the attention of the VASCU, severely damaged an entire refinery.  It had been to protect her tribe, she tried to convince them.  The companies poisoned their water, polluted their lands, and wiped out entire species.  The VASCU didn't buy it, but did promise their aid in protecting her people in exchange for her assistance.

Rebecca has met a few Werewolves, but not enough to truly understand them.  She has dealt mostly with Changelings, with a large freehold near where her family lives.  The dealings have been, rocky, but both side has found value in the other. 

Rebecca stands at just over 4'10" in height, and is (usually) rather attractive.  When her satiety begins to drop, her appearance starts to become far more unpleasant.  Even when her satiety is high however, Rebecca tends to disturb people.  She looms (effective size 9), despite usually being the shortest person in the room, and few desire to meet her eyes more than once. 

Rebecca's horror is the Wendigo, or some variation thereof.  A skeletal giant of the frozen north, born of greed, gluttony, and selfishness.  Of a willingness to commit evil to benefit the self at the expense of others.  In ages past, the horror was associated with cannibalism.  A willingness to commit the ultimate taboo to survive.  The Wendigo Horror that is Rebecca's incarnation is focused more on environmental destruction, on companies and people that destroy the Earth and poison their own kind in exchange for material wealth.  Its methods are often extreme, smashing down what the people have built in ways that overtly pollute and destroy the lands nearby.  If people will ignore the poisons that are being released in secret, they will be shown them in public.

Aspiration:

Kinship: Changeling

MENTAL
Computer:

PHYSICAL
Brawl:
Survival:      2

SOCIAL
Animal Ken:
Expression:
Socialize:
Streetwise:

NIGHTMARES
You Are Lost (Changeling)
Behold, My True Form!

ATAVISMS
Atavisms
Birthright* : Optionally, after establishes contact (touch, eye contact, conversation), other character's composure is one lower.

Unbreakable        : 3/2 general armour rating.
             lowSat: skin changes, gain 4/3 and does not suffer bashing if lethal reduced
             satExp: Firearms/melee cause bashing, bashing ignored, armour applies to agg
Looming-Presence   : effective size raised by lair, including health, reactions.
                          gain rote on intimidation.
                          hard leverage opens one more door when social manuevering.
             lowSat: opponent with less effective size suffer penalty to all attacks
                          equal to half lair rounded up.
                          after success attack, pre+intimidation contested to give beaten down
             satExp: size bonus is doubled.  Gain longer stride.
From the Shadows   : With conscious effort, can fade into scenary and become effectively invisible.
                          perception rolls automatical fail if still or in crowd of 10+ people. 
                          undetectable on video footage. 
             lowSat: Gains rote qualiy on stealth related to stalking prey. 
                          auto wins init first round of combat
             satExp: Completely fades from sight. Still makes noise.
Relentless Hunter  : heal one bashing p/t, one lethal p/half-hour, one agg per three days.
                          add lair on stamina+resolve to resist poisons/toxins.
                          stay awake/active 10-satiety before fatigue
             lowSat: downgrades damage equal to 2xlair at end of scene when hurt.
                          need not eat, drink, or rest as long as active pursing satiety.
             satExp: all bashing/lethal or agg equal to lair is immediately healed.
                          cannot be stunned or incapaciated, no penalties from injury.
Storm-Lashed       : No adverse effects from wind and weather, including environmental tilts.
                          can create blast of wind (5*lair yard range)
             lowSat: Storms form if in one place for long.  Can summon lightning.
             satExp: Can summon supernatural storm
Titanic Blow       : Can attack that ignores object durability of sta+lair
             lowSat: Ignores all durability.  Negates object momentum up to twice size.
             satExp: Can smash ground to cause damage in 10*lair yard radius. 
Cyclopean Strength : Dead lift/shove/pull any object whose size does not exceed (Size * (Lair + 1)).
                          add lair as automatic successes on str+sta to perform feat of strength.
             lowSat: Anything can lift, can throw or use as an improved weapon.
             satExp: Gain automatic successes equal to lair on all str rolls.

LAIR (5)
5 Max Chambers
4(/3) Traits
5 Attribute/Skill Limit

Blizzard (Minor)
Extreme Cold (Minor)
Disruption (Major)
Hurricane (Major)

The lair is frozen, caught in a horrifying blizzard with raging winds within which no technology, not even fire, seems to work.

MERITS (10)
Language (1) - ?
Sleight of Hand (2)
Striking Looks (2)
Small-Framed (2)

EXPERIENCE (60)
From the Shadows (-4)
Relentless Hunter (-4)
Cyclopean Strength (-4)
Storm-Lashed (-4)
Titanic Blow (-4)
+1 Empathy (-2)
+1 Persuasion (-2)
+1 Resolve (-4)
+1 Wits (-4)
+1 Composure (-4)
+1 Presence (-4)
+4 Lair (-20)[/tt]

VioletPanda

Jaded,  maybe you should try a Native American myth called Two Face, if that's something you're interested in.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

LordRod

I will go ahead and buy the book and get back to you tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: LordRod on August 22, 2016, 09:18:33 AM
I will go ahead and buy the book and get back to you tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

I find this game to be very interesting, but I am unfortunately unwilling to buy the NWOD book because it would more than likely be used solely for this game, and therefore wouldn't be a wise investment. I'm sure I can find information about it elsewhere because this is the world wide web, but is there any way that those who don't have the book can still participate in this game?

lol After just writing this, I found a free pdf of the rule book.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Juggtacular

Can I got some PDF lovin? This game looks interesting and I wanna give it a shot. But alas, am broke. Lol.

eternaldarkness

Khala, Eye of the Hungering God

Family: Makara
Hunger: Hunger for Ruin

Description:

No-one knows for sure where the small, mousy woman who goes by the name Khala originally came from, but what is known is that she is a relentless enemy of all that lives. Khala is a Beast who claims to serve a being she refers to only as the Hungering God, and she is a true zealot who does everything in her power to cause destruction and spread fear in the name of her master. In her human guise, Khala is an attractive young woman who dresses well and usually poses as a professional or high society lady of some kind - the better to exercise influence over mortal affairs and wreak havoc on a larger scale. She has crossed paths with VASCU and others who would oppose her and her masters cult time and again - especially the current Jersey Devil Mike Hayes, whom she dearly wants to bring into her master's service.

Khala is a remorseless monster with not a shred of humanity remaining, despite her appearance and outward behavior, and those who fall for her lies rarely live to regret it. Worse still, she has the benefit of her masters cult, a world-wide network of nihilistic fanatics, to draw upon to assist her in her mission to bring the world to ruin. Wherever she appears destruction and death inevitably follow, and many a would-be hero has met his end in one of her many fanged maws.

TheGlyphstone

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jaded on August 22, 2016, 02:42:34 AM
There don't seem to be a ton of others for the Americas that I could find.   :-\  Could do something from scratch, but isn't as interesting to me.  A few ghosts and such I can think of, I guess modern horror stories (man with the hook for a hand or such), but most of that sort fall a little flat to me. 

Still a bit of a work in progress, hopefully without too many errors.  I am still refamiliarizing myself with Beast, but hopefully I have mostly caught the themes and such behind it.

Though now I need to figure out lairs and chambers more.

WIP Character Sheet

Rebecca Nayeli was the only child of a half-Ojibwe mother and a half-Hispanic father.  She was raised across the northern USA, the family moving to follow the work.  They eventually found themselves in North Dakota, her parents working in the oil industry.  Rebecca was always the outsider.  The constant moving, and her ancestry, ensuring she would never have any true friends.

It was only as she approached her late teenage years that she began to find her community in the form of Ojibwe, and other Native American, protestors.  Through chance or fate, she reconnected with a great-Aunt, a woman of vast knowledge and iron will, and through her the rest of her tribe.

It was that reconnection that brought about her devouring.  She had long been hunted in her dreams, but she only sought it out, only faced it, after she had reconnected with her people and learned of their stories. 

In the years that followed she became an environmentalist and protestor.  She spiked trees, sabotaged equipment and, in the event that drew the attention of the VASCU, severely damaged an entire refinery.  It had been to protect her tribe, she tried to convince them.  The companies poisoned their water, polluted their lands, and wiped out entire species.  The VASCU didn't buy it, but did promise their aid in protecting her people in exchange for her assistance.

Rebecca has met a few Werewolves, but not enough to truly understand them.  She has dealt mostly with Changelings, with a large freehold near where her family lives.  The dealings have been, rocky, but both side has found value in the other. 

Rebecca stands at just over 4'10" in height, and is (usually) rather attractive.  When her satiety begins to drop, her appearance starts to become far more unpleasant.  Even when her satiety is high however, Rebecca tends to disturb people.  She looms (effective size 9), despite usually being the shortest person in the room, and few desire to meet her eyes more than once. 

Rebecca's horror is the Wendigo, or some variation thereof.  A skeletal giant of the frozen north, born of greed, gluttony, and selfishness.  Of a willingness to commit evil to benefit the self at the expense of others.  In ages past, the horror was associated with cannibalism.  A willingness to commit the ultimate taboo to survive.  The Wendigo Horror that is Rebecca's incarnation is focused more on environmental destruction, on companies and people that destroy the Earth and poison their own kind in exchange for material wealth.  Its methods are often extreme, smashing down what the people have built in ways that overtly pollute and destroy the lands nearby.  If people will ignore the poisons that are being released in secret, they will be shown them in public.

Aspiration:

Kinship: Changeling

MENTAL
Computer:

PHYSICAL
Brawl:
Survival:      2

SOCIAL
Animal Ken:
Expression:
Socialize:
Streetwise:

NIGHTMARES
You Are Lost (Changeling)
Behold, My True Form!

ATAVISMS
Atavisms
Birthright* : Optionally, after establishes contact (touch, eye contact, conversation), other character's composure is one lower.

Unbreakable        : 3/2 general armour rating.
             lowSat: skin changes, gain 4/3 and does not suffer bashing if lethal reduced
             satExp: Firearms/melee cause bashing, bashing ignored, armour applies to agg
Looming-Presence   : effective size raised by lair, including health, reactions.
                          gain rote on intimidation.
                          hard leverage opens one more door when social manuevering.
             lowSat: opponent with less effective size suffer penalty to all attacks
                          equal to half lair rounded up.
                          after success attack, pre+intimidation contested to give beaten down
             satExp: size bonus is doubled.  Gain longer stride.
From the Shadows   : With conscious effort, can fade into scenary and become effectively invisible.
                          perception rolls automatical fail if still or in crowd of 10+ people. 
                          undetectable on video footage. 
             lowSat: Gains rote qualiy on stealth related to stalking prey. 
                          auto wins init first round of combat
             satExp: Completely fades from sight. Still makes noise.
Relentless Hunter  : heal one bashing p/t, one lethal p/half-hour, one agg per three days.
                          add lair on stamina+resolve to resist poisons/toxins.
                          stay awake/active 10-satiety before fatigue
             lowSat: downgrades damage equal to 2xlair at end of scene when hurt.
                          need not eat, drink, or rest as long as active pursing satiety.
             satExp: all bashing/lethal or agg equal to lair is immediately healed.
                          cannot be stunned or incapaciated, no penalties from injury.
Storm-Lashed       : No adverse effects from wind and weather, including environmental tilts.
                          can create blast of wind (5*lair yard range)
             lowSat: Storms form if in one place for long.  Can summon lightning.
             satExp: Can summon supernatural storm
Titanic Blow       : Can attack that ignores object durability of sta+lair
             lowSat: Ignores all durability.  Negates object momentum up to twice size.
             satExp: Can smash ground to cause damage in 10*lair yard radius. 
Cyclopean Strength : Dead lift/shove/pull any object whose size does not exceed (Size * (Lair + 1)).
                          add lair as automatic successes on str+sta to perform feat of strength.
             lowSat: Anything can lift, can throw or use as an improved weapon.
             satExp: Gain automatic successes equal to lair on all str rolls.

LAIR (5)
5 Max Chambers
4(/3) Traits
5 Attribute/Skill Limit

Blizzard (Minor)
Extreme Cold (Minor)
Disruption (Major)
Hurricane (Major)

The lair is frozen, caught in a horrifying blizzard with raging winds within which no technology, not even fire, seems to work.

MERITS (10)
Language (1) - ?
Sleight of Hand (2)
Striking Looks (2)
Small-Framed (2)

EXPERIENCE (60)
From the Shadows (-4)
Relentless Hunter (-4)
Cyclopean Strength (-4)
Storm-Lashed (-4)
Titanic Blow (-4)
+1 Empathy (-2)
+1 Persuasion (-2)
+1 Resolve (-4)
+1 Wits (-4)
+1 Composure (-4)
+1 Presence (-4)
+4 Lair (-20)[/tt]

You can also fabricate 'american' monsters whole cloth, or base them off of something else. be creative! I love to see original creations!

TheGlyphstone

From a certain point of view, any 'cultural' nightmare/horror could be an 'immigrant' to America, following along in the minds and traditions of people from its native home. Part of the American mythos itself is being a nation built by immigrants, it'd be logical for that mythos to apply to its supernatural structure as well.

TheBlackThrone

The folklore of the monster I wanted didn't originate in America, but came over and became popular over the years, but isn't as wildly celebrated as it is in Europe. But if I must choose a strictly North American/South American monster, I got one in the oven. Currently, I'm trying to figure out the rule book in relation to the sheet. This will be my first ever system game because I always felt systems cramp creativity. But I'm willing to sacrifice it for an interesting idea.
The gates are open

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 22, 2016, 11:31:05 PM
The folklore of the monster I wanted didn't originate in America, but came over and became popular over the years, but isn't as wildly celebrated as it is in Europe. But if I must choose a strictly North American/South American monster, I got one in the oven. Currently, I'm trying to figure out the rule book in relation to the sheet. This will be my first ever system game because I always felt systems cramp creativity. But I'm willing to sacrifice it for an interesting idea.

Don't worry, it isn't that tough and we'll help you through it. Your monster of choice can be one that migrated from elsewhere, too, so that's perfectly okay. Please do ask if you need help grasping anything system-wise!

eternaldarkness

Jaded

I don't mind playing a Wendigo.  Though we'll see.  If I could think of something else I liked I might would go with it, but so far they all have seemed generic or not quite right (a horror associated with nuclear weapons, etc). 

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 22, 2016, 11:45:06 PM
Don't worry, it isn't that tough and we'll help you through it. Your monster of choice can be one that migrated from elsewhere, too, so that's perfectly okay. Please do ask if you need help grasping anything system-wise!

Thank you. I'll work on my original idea then since that has aspirations at least. The other one didn't. lol
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

This might take me all week to work on lol.

WIP
To Be Named – Krampus

Face Claim: Eric Belanger
Family: Eshmaki
Hunger: Hunger for Punishment
Aspirations
Long-Term: Rid the world of naughty and ungrateful people.
Short-Term: Strike up more deals with his multinational toy industry.

Life: Cautious
Legend: Vicious

Description:

History:

Attributes
Intelligence ●●● (3)
Wits ●●● (3)
Resolve ●● (2)

Strength ● (1)
Dexterity ●●● (3)
Stamina ●● (2)

Presence ●●● (3)