Interest Check - MtG's Tarkir setting for a 3.5 D&D / Pathfinder adventure

Started by LisztesFerenc, August 14, 2015, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

Okay, here's the races and culture bonuses for the Ojutai and Jeskai Way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Djinn

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Djinn are strong, but find concentration difficult. They gain +2 Strength, and –2 Intellgience.
Type: Djinn are outsiders with the native subtype.
Size: Djinn are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Djinn have a base speed of 30 feet.

Defense Racial Traits
Energy Resistance: Djinn have fire resistance 5.
Breeze-Kissed: Breezes seem to follow most Djinn wherever they go, warding them from harm. A Djinn gains a +2 racial bonus to AC against all non-magical ranged attacks. The Djinn can calm or renew these winds as a swift action. Once per day, the Sylph can channel this wind into a single gust, making a bull rush or trip combat maneuver attempt against one creature within 30 feet. Whether or not the attempt succeeds, the winds are exhausted and no longer provide a bonus to the Djinn's AC for 24 hours. This is a supernatural ability. This racial trait replaces air affinity.

Magical Racial Traits
By succeeding on a DC: 20 acrobatics check as an immediate action, a Djinn can benefit from the feather fall spell, even if they fail, they still only suffer non-lethal damage from falling.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Djinn can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elves

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Elves are nimble, but their form is frail. They gain +2 Dexterity, and –2 Constitution.
Size: Elves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Elves are Humanoids with the elf subtype.
Base Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.

Defense Racial Traits
Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Forceful Lungs: Despite their frail constitution, elves are remarkable good at maintaining a steady breathing rate, even in less than ideal conditions. Elves are immune to altitude success, gain a +2 bonus on all fortitude saves resulting from anything inhaled, and can hold their breath for twice as long as other races.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.

Magical Racial Traits
Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Aven

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Avens need to be lightly weighted to be able to fly, with hollow bones and thin frames, and thus take -2 to Constitution.
Size: Aven are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Aven are humanoids with the aven subtype.
Base Speed: Avens have a base speed of 30 feet, and a flight speed of 40 feet with average maneuverability (but see restrictions).

Flight Racial Traits
Glide: Avens can use their wings to direct their descent. Unless their wings are impeded or restricted, aven never take damage from falling, and they can move 20ft for every 5ft of descent.
Flight: Avens can fly with a speed of 40ft and average maneuverability; however they can only fly continually for a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier (minimum 1), then they must rest their wings for 2 round. They can double the duration of the flight, but then they become fatigued. Note that since they can still glide whilst resting their wings, aven can stay airborne for hours, and some natural phenomenal (heat spirals) can even allow them to ascend whilst gliding. An aven can “run” whilst airborn, provided they move in a straight line, but this is treated as 2 rounds of being airborne. Aven cannot fly when encumbered or exhausted. Whilst airborn, aven cannot use short or longbows, and other attacks with ranged weapons take a -6 penalty. Aven casters can use their magic on wing, but must always choose to cast defensively.
  When an airborne aven charges a target on the ground whilst wielding a piercing weapon, rather than the usual modifiers of a charge, they instead get a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and a -4 penalty to AC.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Wing and Claw: Aven can use their wings to assist in jumping, gaining a +10 racial bonus to acrobatic attempts to make long or high jumps. Furthermore Avens get a +2 bonus to athletic checks to climb, as they can make a strong and tight grip with their feet.
Unerring Direction: Aven always know which way is north, even when inside or underground.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: An aven can see twice as far as a human in dim light.

Breeds:
There are three primary breeds of aven in Tarkir, but none of them show any significant differences other than aesthetics. All of them have the same wing structure, triple jointed limbs with a four fingered hand sprouting from just below the second joint. When not airborne, the fifth, elongated finger can be folded back, to avoid it getting in the way. Most of the breeds favour one of three clan’s territories and appear as follows:
Voron – Short in stature with dark black feathers, voron have large eyes and a short, straight beak. They can be found on the Frontier and shed and replace feathers at twice the rate of other breeds.
Laoy – With feathers specked white to dark brown, laoy are the tallest of the three breeds, but an inch or two, although they can sometimes have reddish, flowing crests on their heads. Laoy reside in the mountains of the Ojutai, forever living in the shadows of the flying dragons.
Akub – Long necks, greasy black feathers, and hooked beaks, akib can be found in the Abzan cities. Very rarely, this breed can have lighter feathers, but the neck and beak remain.

Ojutai Cultural Bonuses

The Wise and the Quick – The Ojutai value precision, wisdom and control. They can choose to gain a +2 Dexterity and +2 Constitution.

Secrets of Meditation – The Great Teacher dictates that mediation is the secret to overcoming the limit his students were imposed upon birth, robbed of the form of the dragon for mistakes from a past life.
Ripple Sense – The Ojutai gains tremor sense with a 100ft range, but only in water, such as a river or lake. At the GM’s discretion, exceptional torrents or other conditions can also satisfy the requirements for this ability.
Unity of the Mind – Just as the Abzan have their concept of unity, so do the Ojutai have their one. Two members may spend two hours in deep meditation to form a mental link that lasts until the next dawn. They must be some physical contact between the pair (though not too much, as that would mar the purity of the act). Assuming they are not interrupted, they may then communicate telepathically, but only if they are adjacent to each other. If only one of them has this trait, the communication can only be one-way.
Retrace – Whenever an Ojutai tries something a second time, they are always better, having perfected their attempt based on their previous efforts and mistakes. Whenever the Ojutai attempts a skill check after failing the first time, they get a +2-5 bonus on the check, depending on how similar the conditions are. This ability does not allow a skill check to be retried where they normally cannot be.

Ways of the Mountain – The Ojutai practice many fighting styles, most of which involve one of the three elements of the mountain in their own way: earth, wind and water.
Ice Shatter Style - Water isn’t always free and flowing, it can be hard too, and hard water breaks, its hardness becoming a liability. The Ojutai may take a swift action before hitting a creature denied their dexterity bonus to AC. If they do, their attack deals extra damage equal to that creatures armour or natural armour bonus (chosen by you when you make the attack). You may not gain this bonus damage more than 1/round.
Whirlwind Adept – Life is cyclical as dictated by the philosophy of the Great Wheel: the events of existence intertwined, in ones some would never imagine. You may voluntarily end a harmless spell currently affecting you, to immediately make a save against a second spell affecting you, even if you cannot normally save against it.
Graceblade – Whenever the Ojutai wields a one handed or light weapon they grafted themselves, they cannot disarmed, and the weapon receive DR: 50/- against all sundering attempting.

The Jeskai Way
Whilst many elements of the Ojutai overlap with the Jeskai Way, they do have their own take on select subject matters. A Jeskai has a slightly different choice for their second stat bonus, and must choose generate at least one option from the Jeskai traits. The second may be Ojutai or Jeskai.

Agility – The Jeskai value speed in both mind and body. They can choose to gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity or Intelligence.

Secrets of Meditation – Mediation is meaningless, without the contrast of fiery passion and potential.
Bloodfire Trick – Forget one thing, remember another, the Jeskai’s take on the great wheel. The Jeskai chooses two feats they qualify for. As a swift action, they can lose access to a select feet, and gain one of the two feat (selected randomly) for 1 minute. Once you have used this ability, you must wait 5 minutes before using it again.
Mistfire – Under the morning sun, the Jeskai may cast a single spell just as the first light of the day hits them. If they do, that spell’s duration is doubled, without any increase in spell level. If the Jeskai is at least half immersed in water, or standing in a cloud of vapour, the spell slot isn’t expended.

Ways of the Mountain – The Jeskai know some things the Ojutai forgot, including the fourth element.
River Wheel Aerialist – A forgotten style before the Icefall was frozen, the practitioners of this style see water as a way to break the bounds of earth and sour into the skies.  When the Jeskai makes an acrobatic check to jump, they may make a second one at the peak of their jump without needing to land. To use this trait there must be water present in the air, either dropet from rain or splatter or a vapour cloud, such as a fog bank.
Twin Dragon Style - Whenever two ready an action to hit the same target, and do so on the same initiative step, they may use their readied action to instead make a full attack against the target.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I am new to this balanced magic item system, so just to clarify: As level 3 characters everyone has a +1 to their (designated) Primary Ability, a +1 flat bonus to ALL their abilities, a +1 armor or shield enhancement, a +1 weapon enhancement, +1 Natural Armor (even if they haven't got natural armor by default), +1 to all resistances, and +1 to a secondary Ability score?

Also, goodness Lisztes, you're really putting a lot of effort into that and churning it out fast. Good show.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 25, 2015, 01:56:36 PM
I am new to this balanced magic item system, so just to clarify: As level 3 characters everyone has a +1 to their (designated) Primary Ability, a +1 flat bonus to ALL their abilities, a +1 armor or shield enhancement, a +1 weapon enhancement, +1 Natural Armor (even if they haven't got natural armor by default), +1 to all resistances, and +1 to a secondary Ability score?

Yep, that's correct. You also get a single least magical item, basically anything worth 4k or less.

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 25, 2015, 01:56:36 PMAlso, goodness Lisztes, you're really putting a lot of effort into that and churning it out fast. Good show.

Thank you, I try my best.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I just took a real, solid look at the two characters currently uploaded. One's neutral evil and the other, well...I don't see a sheet but they certainly don't sound good.

Is this an evil party? That's...Sort of something I would have expected to be mentioned/discussed, sorry.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 25, 2015, 04:48:10 PM
I just took a real, solid look at the two characters currently uploaded. One's neutral evil and the other, well...I don't see a sheet but they certainly don't sound good.

Is this an evil party? That's...Sort of something I would have expected to be mentioned/discussed, sorry.

PaleEnchantress's character isn't part of the group, they've got their own solo game going, as their character deviates from the rules a bit, and isn't much of a team player either. You may run into them later as third party, to spice up a scenario.

As for Bamgara, you'd need to ask them, but I think he's neutral evil simply as a product of his upbringing. He was raised a slave, a pet, of a noble from a culture that practically views ruthless authority as a virtue. So the alignment of the party is still pretty open.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Anyone else planning on bringing an evil character? Peh-ma is lawful neutral, but I'd have to think hard about why she'd be hanging around a bunch of sadistic psychopaths if that's the way we're heading.

Also I took a quick inventory of people who had said they were interested:

PaleEnchantress - (doing her own separate game)
Ghostwheel - Neutral Evil Sorcerer
Chulanowa - Temurian...something?
Sorrow Singer - Cavalier or Samurai?
Master of my Fate - ?
Muse - ?
Shunka Warakin - Temur Ainok - Monk of the Flowing Mountain

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 25, 2015, 06:40:19 PM

Master of my Fate - ?
Muse - ?

Pretty much. Also possible Rajah was interested in the Ojutai.

LisztesFerenc

Even with just two players, I should probably open an OOC thread so you can discuss how you know each other and where you would be when the story opens. Any preference for the forum I post the game in? I usually go with NC, just to keep options open. Would that work?

Sorrow Singer

Cota Tsetseg
One Who Seeks Honor

Race: Human
Class: Samurai
Background:As with all aspirant heroes this ones story began many years before she was born. Decades past when the Elder Dragon Tyrant Kologhan and her brood defeated the proud Mardu horde. The Dragon did more than simply conquer the land and it's people, she corrupted them in her own image.
Upon that day in the battle of Goldengrade the last of the great khans fell in battle to Kologhans fury. With their leader slain and their mighty horde defeated Those men and women who did not submit to the dragon where slaughtered. Many joined the dragons and many others died instead, and some few fled. Kologhan The Storm's Fury enslaved the once mighty horse lords and took from them their pride, their honor and even their very name. Now a husk of their former glory the survivors are a mindless roaming war band of savages and barbarians. Killing without thought or reason under the yoke of their dragon overlords. 

Generations before her birth, Cota Tsetseg's family left the homelands of the once proud Mardu heritage out of fear of the dragons retribution. They fled north and west to the Temur Frontier, the home of the legendary dragon slayers, believing that if anywhere would be safe from Kologhan's onslaught it would be in the mountains and woods of the north.

Even after generations of exile the Mardu refugees stayed true to the old ways. Though few and scattered as they where in this strange new land the tribe had survived and even prospered. The remnants still bore the Mardu name with pride. honoring the tradition and fighting styles of their people and passing them down through the generations.

It was here, born the daughter of two of the tribes most formidable warriors that young Cota Tsetseg entered the world. A human daughter of the Mardu with fair skin, black hair and eyes. Healthy and energetic, Cota was always active and always eager to learn.  A promising warrior from a young age Cota took eagerly to the blade and the bow, the lance and the ways of the mounted warrior, quickly earning a reputation as a skilled hunter and a capable warrior.

Skilled with more than just the sword the young Cota was also an eager learner. She was astonishingly studious, especially when it came to matters of literature and history. As a child Cota loved few things better than listening to the stories of the past. Her favorites where always stories of her tribe and the Mardu of old before the dragons conquest. She loved hearing of the tales of the glorious old Khans and heroes, but none so much as the legendary Aisha Who Smiles At Death. This human woman had risen to the position of Khan through hard work and brilliant strategy, even if it had been under her rule that the tribes had met their ultimate end.

As a youth and later as a young adult, Cota strove endlessly to adhere to the principles set down by her ancient ancestors. Those bold and courageous warriors Who held strength honor and dignity above all else. She was always courteous and polite to those she encountered, graceful in victory and humble in defeat. and always respectful to her enemies and her prey, be they living or dead. By the time she was a young woman she was renowned as one of the finest riders among the tribes warriors, and a fearsome beauty as well.

It came as little surprise that by the time she was sixteen the girl dreamed of adventure, growing tired of the forest mountain rage where she had spent all her childhood years. She longed to venture forth and ride the plains, see beasts she has never seen and challenge the might and skill of warriors from distant lands. And so after her the last of her family had at last passed from natural causes that she set forth with her grandmothers armor and sword, a sturdy hunting bow and a mighty Mardu warhorse. Cota spent the next six years forging herself a name and reputation as a traveling warrior, taking work for coin or as barter for a place to stay the night and warm meal. Honing her own strength and skill as her ancestors did so long ago. Still holding onto her precious childhood dream to raise up her beloved tribe and take back their ancestral home from the clutches of the vile Kologhan, and unite the shattered tribes once more.

Sorry for the delay, I'm not sure why it was so rough getting her backstory together. I'll link a character sheet shortly that should take a great deal less time to iron out.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 25, 2015, 06:40:19 PM
Anyone else planning on bringing an evil character? Peh-ma is lawful neutral, but I'd have to think hard about why she'd be hanging around a bunch of sadistic psychopaths if that's the way we're heading.

Master of my Fate - ?
Muse - ?

Aiming for a druid, shaman, warpriest, or witch. I want that "grubbing i nthe dirt" spellcaster feel. Unfortunately hard to find the proper juju in picture form while 1) preparing a move and 2) keeping in theme with the badass Siberian asskicker vibe :D

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Sorrow Singer's people have moved to Temur.
Chulanowa's character is going to be some sort of Temurian spiritualist.
And my character is kind of a Temurian warrior-monk, courtesy of Narset's heresy and the flight of her people (the Jeskai) into Temur.

Seems like (other than Bamgara) we're getting that high, snowy-mountain tribal vibe going! :D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

LisztesFerenc

Cota looks good Sorrow Singer. How do you want to handle culture bonuses for her, since he was raised in the Tmeur Frontier but seems to be rather attached to her Mardu heritage?

Sorrow Singer

I can just use the Temur bonuses if you don't want to write up another thing, but if you went through the trouble i would probably use the Kologhan bonuses.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 26, 2015, 12:47:13 AM
Sorrow Singer's people have moved to Temur.
Chulanowa's character is going to be some sort of Temurian spiritualist.
And my character is kind of a Temurian warrior-monk, courtesy of Narset's heresy and the flight of her people (the Jeskai) into Temur.

Seems like (other than Bamgara) we're getting that high, snowy-mountain tribal vibe going! :D

Im in Temur myself, capturing warriors and consuming their consciousness turning the into slaves of my collective. AND HI! I remember you from the eclipse phase game that almost happened.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

LisztesFerenc

LisztesFerenc

Okay, here's the Kologhan. It may not be too useful for Cota, since the Mardu have changed a lot since with the rise of the Storm's Fury.

Kologhan

DIEDIEDIE! – The Kologhan value the ability to hurt their enemy, in melee or from afar. They may choose to gain a bonus of +2 strength or dexterity.

BLOODBLOODBLOOD! – The Kologhan are desperate to spill the blood of their foe, to avoid their replacing it. When the Kologhan first deals damage to an enemy in combat, if they have not yet taken damage you gain temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + your constitution modifier. For every 4 levels you have, the amount gained increases by an extra 1d8, but you still only add your constitution modifier once. If you take damage in combat before dealing any, you must make a will save (DC equal to 5 + damage dealt) or be panicked for 1 round.

My Dragon Lord’s breath will dance upon your bones! – Choose 1:
Slaughter the Skies – The skies are for dragons only. Whenever the Kologhan confirms a critical against a flying target with a ranged attack, if the target is not a dragon, it is immediately struck by a bolt of lightning, taking 5d6 lightning damage.
Twinbolt – The Kologhan can fire more than just arrows from their bows. The first time they make a ranged attack in combat, they may make a secondary attack at the same or a different target. This second attack has a range of 60ft, target’s touch AC, dealing 1d6 points of lightning damage.
Blood Chin Mark – Kologhan are often seen licking blood from their blades, and this is no idle indulgence. Once a Kologhan has drawn the blood of an opponent, they can take a move equivalent action to lick some of the blood off, and in doing so infuse the blood with the essence of the storm’s breath. As long as you attack only that opponent, each hit deals and additional 1d6 points of lightning damage for the duration of the encounter.

My life, my hoard – Some remnants of the unity these people shared in the time of the Mardu still remains. A Kologhan may choose 1 of the following benefits:
Run with the Hoard – Rather than have a horse, you simply keep up with them. When out of combat, for a number of hours equal to your constitution modifier, you came up with a horse’s canter without needing to make any skill checks or saves.
Trample – Your horse will not be stopped by mere mortal. Whenever your mount makes an overrun move, the target may not choose to avoid it, and your mount can make a hoof attack against it as a free action.
Wings of the Storm – Even the Kologhan require scouts, although they approach the concept with a madness only those living under the shadow of the Storm’s Fury could. The Storm Rider’s Rig is a frame of metal and leather, charged with the essence of the storm, they take to the air, travelling with a speed outmatched only by that of a dragon from Kologhan’s clutch, effectively gaining a 200ft for 1 round, but travelling too quickly to turn.  Characters with this trait do not necessarily start with a Storm Rider’s Rig, but they are accustomed to the manic pace so as not to require fortitude saves. Furthermore, you can tell how much energy is left in rig, other character’s must guess based on the intensity of the crackling.

CRUSH THEM! – Choose 1:
Demonlish – The Kologhan have no use for monument or trophies, leaving behind only ruins. You are adept at knowing how to bring a structure down, gaining a +8 competence bonus to knowledge checks to identify weak spots in a building. They may use knowledge checks untrained for this purpose.
Impact – Shatter the earth beneath your feet! When you charge, you may forgo your attack to instead make an acrobatics check to jump, and land with a smash. All creatures adjacent to you where you hit the ground are knocked prone if your jump check exceeded their CMD, and all terrain within 10ft of your counts as difficult for 1 turn.
Foul Tongue – You know a single word the Foul Tongue, an inversion of Khar Yari, the speech of the Kologhan and her clutch. Mortal lips where not meant to bear such words, and each time you use this ability you take 1d4 points of charisma damage, but using it you can insight fear into your enemies, and bloodlust into your allies. The exact effect vary, but the Kologhan find all very amusing.

Sleep Uneasy – Use to a life of constant travel, Kologhan get uneasy when sleeping the same place. If they spend three nights within the same 1 mile radius, they must begin making sill saves (DC: 12 + the number of night they have slept in the same place), or be confused when confronted with stressful or distracting situations for the duration of the following day.

LisztesFerenc

Shaman or druid is probably works the best for the Temur since they seem to be tied to the concept of the spirits as a whole, whilst the Spiritualist seems more Abzan-ish, with their focus on an individual phantoms.

Chulanowa

Alright, we have a half-orc!

Name: Khulan Maa
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Shaman (Unsworn Shaman archetype)
Culture: Temur Frontier
Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=406454
Background: Some children are the product of mutual love and respect. others are spur of the moment things, bumps in the night. and hten there are those who are unwanted, children of war. Khulan hails from the latter. her mother was a hunter in the Temur frontier, part of a little band of orcs and half-orcs making their home in the wilds. her father was some raider or bandit that fell on hte camp, drawn for who-knows-what. They took what they wanted, as they wanted, and sped off laughing all the while. Khulun entered the world some months later.

Her half-human parentage earned her more scorn than how that parentage happened, though; Even Khulan's mother found the half-orc to be unusually weak - at least to the senses of an orc. Khulan had to push twice has hard, fight twice as ferociously, just to earn nearly the same respect. And in all truth, she didn't even manage that all too often. She was too stubborn to simply wander off into the wastes, to assured that she could find her place and wrest prestige in her clan. it was the determination and drive that caught the eye of the clan mystic, Angulk Argat Alkai. Under the old seer's tutelage, she learned the names of the clan's two hundred and fifty-seven Ancestral Warriors. She learned which herbs could heal, and which mushrooms could kill. The rites to perform over a slain mammoth - which were not much different from those put over someone slain by one of the Grandfather Beasts.

But Khulan is not her ancestors. The mystic fire that calls to all shaman burns in her head as surely as any other, but she is... restless. For eighteen years she has been bound to traditions by those who very pointedly assert they are not her traditions. She feels a world full of spirits around her, and she has seen Angulk Argat Akai's pain when the ancestors are displeased with some minor taboo violation. No, that is not Khulan. She will not be cleave to the whim of some otherworldly entity, bound by oath and blood to its service until her last day. No, she will wrest their power, bring them to bear for the benefit of the tribe - whoever the tribe may be.

Personality: A lifetime of hardship and struggle - against both the land and people of her birth - has left Khulan an aggressive and ambitious person, passionate and driven to make her name. She strongly resists any efforts to tie her down, and does not make oaths or pledges lightly, and never out of sheer generosity. She's somewhat impulsive as well - while very aware of the past, "future" is more of a hazy concept; fate is decided anyway, why worry? Live in the now, take life by the tusks and have your way with it.

Character Does What?: Man, building a shaman is tough on 15 points! What I've gone with here is a flexible "support" character. Also, probably the most likely of the group to haul off and punch a mouthy innkeeper in the mouth, as far as I can tell. :D I've still got some wriggly bits - final statuson feats, figuring in the alternate wealth by level system, etc, but otherwise, all is well