The Hunger Games - Recruitment(System)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 29, 2012, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niferbelle

I added the last name, not sure how I forgot that.

QuoteIf he wins the capitol is so going to pimp him out!

*laugh* That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture.

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

The last name has been added to Varins CS! :D

And Mhm, if he wins, and we get to do another year of the games, than we're so gonna work out a back story of him being pimped out <3

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 06, 2012, 11:23:00 PM
The Capitol does love them some pretty boys. x3

Mhm, it does!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We're still looking for a few more people to play Tributes.  I'll be playing all the Tribute spots not taken, as NPC's, so the more people who join the better :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

For you?  Always!  What district were you thinking of?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

At the moment I'm thinking district 3 but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. I'll work up a sheet after work tomorrow.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

District 3 is good, but anything you come up with I'll love. :)

With you, that will make 5 characters, which means we'll need at least 7 more characters.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Alright, it was a hard decision but I've decided to go with a female tribute from District 1 instead of 3. Will get her posted up for approval soon.

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

District 1 rocks to!  I look forward to seeing it, hun.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Yay more people to kill... I mean to play... No I mean kill.

>_>

*Fades back into the shadows.*

<_<

undisclosedtoyou

Hey hey, killing is completely fine with the Gamemaster  >:)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Okay... here she is... let me know if anything needs tweaking.

Diamond, District 1 tribute

Name: Diamond Winters
Division: District 1

Height: 5'8”
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: A tawny brown.
Hair: Medium brown with natural highlights. Reaches mid back with a natural wave to it.
Skin tone: Light tan
Distinguishing Marks: Thin but neatly healed scars all over her back.

Physical Description: Diamond is on the taller side and is easily described as both athletic and curvy. She is considered quite the heart-breaker in her district with many suitors seeking her father's favor hoping to marry her since to them she represents both the inherent strength and beauty of her namesake. She rarely smiles or laughs genuinely though few are able to tell.

Likes: Quiet moments alone (she doesn't get many), dancing, working with her hands to make something useful or beautiful, freedom, oranges. Finely crafted knives.
Dislikes: Being watched, her parents, those in power, having her hand forced, intense heat.
Fears: Nothing! ...at least that's what she'll tell you. Really she fears turning out like her family or those in the Capital, being restrained, marriage, and fire (as in an out of control fire, not a camp fire or small flame).

Personality: Diamond is fierce, commanding, unafraid, and utterly ruthless... all because she has to be. Outwardly, she is good at playing up whichever attributes she feels best suits the moment, however, most often she appears somewhat cold and aloof, choosing to keep to herself. It is easy to assume she is more than a little arrogant, vain, conceited and even dimwitted but really, more than anything, Diamond is cautious and observant. A life under her parents thumb and the watchful gaze of her District has taught her to purge all weakness or hide it like hell.

History: Flawless. That's what her father called her. He'd raised her to be his flawless Diamond, the one that would keep their family in the limelight while others faded away. There was never any question that she would volunteer to be tribute at some point and that she would come away a victor, nevermind the fact that she hadn't wanted that for herself. She would do it because her family demanded it of her and that was that.

Diamond was born in District 1 to a wealthy family. Her father had been a Victor some years ago and with the fame and fortune his survival guaranteed him came a life of privilege and comfort and yet there too was an odd sense of duty. Her father felt that as a victor he was expected, no, needed to produce a victor in the next generation for his family and his district. He had four children, three boys and one girl, and each was trained to be the very picture of perfection. They would be prime specimens of physical prowess while also maintaining the shiny veneer of a wealthy family.

Diamond, despite being the youngest, was pushed just as hard as her brothers if not more so. She attended the required schooling and learned all the necessary skills that would allow her to smoothly transition to the workforce when she needed to to keep up appearances. Of course, with her father still living and her mother the Mayor's daughter, it was unlikely she would need to any time soon. Still, Diamond liked the quiet times she spent creating something that would later be used or admired. In her off time she practiced her hand to hand combat techniques and found a particular skill with throwing knives and short blades. She was not allowed to indulge in any mischief and frivolous pastimes were shunned in favor of “practicing”. Under her father's rigid demands she quickly learned to be what he expected and nothing less or suffer punishment.

Like her brothers before her, once Diamond was of age she entered the pool of potential tributes, the selection process being a bit different in their district since many chose to volunteer. It was decided before hand that she was one of their strongest candidates and that she would claim the female spot in her last year of eligibility. Though she didn't want to, she knew her life would be a living hell (or ended outright) if she refused to volunteer so when the time came she stepped forward and did as she was told.

Diamond now views the games as a way out. She figures she will either emerge the victor and be free of her father's nearly abusive control (nevermind that she will assuredly become a puppet of the Capital) or she will die in the arena and forever be beyond his grasp. Her desire to live and truly know freedom (or what passes for it these days) drives her. Something inside of her will not let her just lay down and die so she will fight, and she will win... one way or another.

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kokaine on March 12, 2012, 06:42:08 PM
Okay... here she is... let me know if anything needs tweaking.

She's approved Kokaine <3, and you can find it here.  I do need a last name for her though, so let me know what it is so I can add it to her sheet.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Awesome ^^. I added the last name to her sheet above <3

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

Perfect, and it's been added to her Sheet in the character thread :)

I'm excited about this game starting, it should be really cool.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

I think this will be the first time a character of mine has died (or at least has the clear potential to) on E. Is it odd that I'm kinda excited about that? o.O

I'm on the third book of the trilogy and while the first two took me a day each, this one has taken me two and I'm not even halfway through... Did anyone else find the third one harder to get into? Or is it just me?

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

It's not weird at all.  To be honest, I like it that most of the characters will die.  Of course, second characters, ones that are not tributes are open for players to take.  And those who die in the game, are more than welcome to create a non tribute character afterwards.

As for the books, I found the last one took me a bit longer to read to.  I think it's mainly because I knew it was the last one, and I didn't want it to end. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

I love a good game where character death is always possible, puts you on the edge of your seat and makes you wonder what will happen next. :D

I zoom through the first two in about three hours, Mockingjay took me a bit longer. Either I was wiping the tears off my Kindle screen or not wanting to read the next page cause I didn't wanna know what was going to happen next. Collins really knows how to reel a person into her stories...

I thought this was great, some fans built a make-shift Hob while camping out at the premiere of The Hunger Games.

Kokaine

I loved the first one, the second pulled me in too but so far I haven't gotten as deep into the third. Might just be my overall mood as of late though.

Kinda wish I could have gone to the Hollywood premiere since its in my neck of the woods. But another week and a half won't kill me.

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

I both loved and hated the last book, for a variety of reasons that I won't go into now since you haven't finished the book yet Koka :P

And they did now, Aly?!  That's crazyness!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

So many reasons to love/hate the last book... SO MANY!

I think they stayed there in 'The Hob' for a few days waiting for the premiere, and holy crap just saw a new trailer for the movie. I am gonna need to bring a box of tissues to the movie I just know it.

I tried to watch the Yahoo livestream of the red carpet but it was buffering every five seconds. :(

Kokaine

Now I guess I gotta push on in the third book since you two are hyping it up so much, lol. At least I have tonight off :P

My O/Os

Niferbelle

I was kind of comflicted about the third book but in the end I felt more positive than negative about it I think.

So we can have second characters but they can't be tributes? But any of the surrounding staff is fair game?

undisclosedtoyou

I agree with Niferbelle, while I hated certain bits of the book, when I finished reading it I was left with more positive than negative feelings.

When I first opened this game, I considered allowing a player to play up to two tributes, but thought that since they are all playing against each other, it would work out better if there was only one to a player.  But the surrounding staff is good, stylist's, and past champions.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's