Does anyone play City of Heroes?

Started by Serenity Vixen, December 23, 2007, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity Vixen

I got it for Christmas, and I was wondering who else might play :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

HairyHeretic

I do, but more my Villians than my Heroes.

Only on the European servers though (Union, rather than Defiant). If that's any use to you, I'll give you a list of my alts, and you can look me up in game.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

torawashi

I do! My main is on Virtue, but I have lowbies just about everywhere.

ZK

I used to play all the time, I could always start it back up (once I get the money to that is) if you want.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

I used to play both games.
I was...

Prince Liandes
Plutonium Jack
Carmina Gold
Terri Trouble
Bone Flower(or was it Boneflower? or lotus?)

Amberghylles

Was a fairly active City of Villains player myself...  I sometimes miss the ol' Crimson Commando...

Serenity Vixen

I play on Liberty currently
my Hero is Serenity Vixen
My Villain is Demonic Kat

I am still pretty much a nooby on that game though :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Brandon

Years ago I played on Champion and then Virtue but I gave the game upa long time ago. Some characters included

The Blue meteor (Invuln/Super strength Tanker): A completly natural bodybuilder who surpassed human limits through sheer willpower of weight lifting and a body hardening martial art taken to extremes

Diane Hardin (Rifle/devices Blaster): Never made a story for her. She had a cowgirl look though

The Dark Meteor (Dark/regen scrapper): An archeologist who uncovered a type of martial art that tapped into negative energy and learned Regeneration talents through strict excersise and diet

Ol' Nick (Ice/Empathy controller): A dwarf from a city under the hallows who took up Santa's costume to save christmas and stomp evil doers.

The spectral kitty (Dark/invuln Brute): A demon summoned by the circle of thorns who turned on her creators and sided with Aracnos

BR-1000 (Robot/trap Mastermind): A robot made by Crey industries who turned on them and has a desire to kill every living thing in a hail of laser fire from him and his minions

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Celestial Goblin

Why is the client download unavailable now!?

Why!?

ZK

It's available for download, via your account page. They took it down due to people were hacking the client and making free servers with it.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

They just had it buggy and I had to type the ftp in manually to start the download.:)

ZK

You know what, we could have a City of Heroes type game with M&M 2nd Ed on here. I know the mythos quite well and the current story. ^.^

Celestial Goblin

Heh, true. CoX is rife with fun ideas.
Like... mafia fighting against sea mutants:)

ZK

And a post-apoc background vs aliens! Awesomeness all abound.

Kaiune

I also just picked up CoH/V again after a while of not playing it. My main is on Virtue but it's been so long since I've played I'll make a new character just about anywhere

Nectura

*raises hand slowly as she hunches in her chair* 45 month vet here

Infinity born and raised, too many hero's/villains to list but all on Infinity.

Feel free to add me to global @Forever Flare

I love helping new people!

elenisil

I'm on victory server @elenisil
Member of Legion of Valor (6 level 50 heroes)
Fallen Legion (3 level 50 villains)

Thanks to mudchaser for introducing me to the game in 12/2005 :D

elen

Transgirlenstein

I would love to try City of Heroes/Villians if I had the money :/
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

elenisil

you can use the 10 day trial and I believe the mthly fee is 14.95, the software or download is relatively inexpensive and updates are free.  I pay annually for a discount but can't remember how much it is lol

If you try it look me up on Victory @elenisil is my global too many characters to list.

Transgirlenstein

I would be on a european server, not sure if that matters or not.

Also, I am tryin to download the free trial and it is being weird.  I have a window up called the City of Heroes Updater..no image, it says Connecting #547 with 0s next to the stuff like db and time remaining.  Is it even working?  Cause I don't know and its been doing this for awhile, I let it run overnight and its still doing it.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

HairyHeretic

It matters, as Europeans and US are on different servers.

I'm on the European ones, Union main. I use Defient as a test server for new character concepts. If you get on, give me a shout and I can start a new character up to show you around. I just got a new free slot (filled all the others .. I'm an altaholic  ;D )

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Transgirlenstein

Any idea then why the city of heroes updaters is taking so long? :D

HairyHeretic

Not off the top of my head, but I've never tried with the trial account.

Did you have to create an account on NCSofts site to use the trial?

You could always head over to the official forums, and ask there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

elenisil

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 16, 2009, 08:27:06 AM
Any idea then why the city of heroes updaters is taking so long? :D

could be your connection or their servers.  quit and try again.  I sometimes get that when loggin gon but i attribute it to my internet connection which sucks big time lol

Elven Sex Goddess

I play on city of heroes/villains.    On  United States triumph server and the UK server Union