[The Legend of Korra] New Republic City [Recruiting!]

Started by Karma, December 22, 2014, 11:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glad to have you, scribus!

Family activities permitting, I'm planning to get the state of the world post out today, and ideally open up the OOC and Characters thread.

Vanity Kass

I don't suppose you're willing to let another lost fan take a quick nibble, are you?  :-)

I'm not planning to close recruitment. Welcome! :D

Vanity Kass

Fantastic. I guess I will have to start thinking up a character as soon as possible. I can't wait!

Wajin

Karma will you allow 2 characters per player?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

If you think you can handle it, you can have as many as you like.

apygoos

still dunno if id go earth or airbender..

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Angie

Got motivated to finish, so I added History, Strengths and Weaknesses.

Name: Connor Tsera
Player: Angiejuusan
Nationality: Earth Commonwealth
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Concept: Combat Medic

Flaws: Oath (never take a life unless it would save another), Heroic, Curious, Code of Honor (never attack first, never attack from behind, always offer aid when you can).

Description: Connor is light and slim, with shoulder length brown hair and shining turquoise eyes. He keeps himself clean shaven, and prefers an outfit of loose fitting shirts and pants, and usually lighter colors. He has no distinguishing marks.

Personality: Connor acts kind and empathetic to most, but isn't above indulging in asshole-ish behaviors, especially if someone isn't telling him what he needs to know. He is highly driven and will not hesitate when it is time to act. He is also well aware of his own personality flaws, often calling attention to them when he's indulging in them, but he often lets them get the better of him.

History: If you want blood...Connor's seen plenty. Blood on the rocks, blood on the streets, every last drop. He was born with a great intellect, and he made full use of this capability. He read mountains of books, soaking in every page, learning every scrap of knowledge he could. When he could be persuaded to get out from underneath said mountain of books, he was a pretty active kid-he loved sports.

It was a pretty peaceful life, all things considered. But he grew up fast. When he was merely 15 years of age, his father passed away from disease. Not a world-ending tragedy, but one that Connor carried with him for many years. 7 years later, he and his mother moved to Republic City, seeking new opportunities. Connor became the apprentice to a healer, learning to work miracles on the human body. He had no mystical powers to aid his healing, merely mundane talent-and he held it as a point of pride.

Then came the Equalists. The soldiers of Amon. Connor had become an experienced staff-fighter in his home village, but he swore an oath of non-conflict, believing his hands should only be used for healing. This belief was sorely challenged when his mother, a powerful Earth-Bender, was killed by the Equalists. Driven into a fury, Connor took his staff and hunted down the one who did it.

The fight was lopsided-when actually faced with someone who could fight without bending, the soldier, Chiro, folded like a house of cards. But Connor wasn't satisfied with just disabling him and turning him over to the police...he wanted Chiro to suffer. Chiro begged, and pleaded. "I'm sorry!" He cried as Connor broke his arm. "Well that brings her back, doesn't it?!" Connor responded.

"Please...don't..." Chiro begged, as Connor slammed him up against a brick wall...only for Chiro's body to go limp in his hands. Too late, Connor realized what he had done. The Republic City Police Force found him kneeling over Chiro's body. "I didn't mean to kill him..." He said, as the police dragged him away.

The jury found him not guilty of murder, sympathizing with Connor's tale of lost family. But he couldn't forget the panic and fear on Chiro's face as he died. With nothing left in Republic City, Connor left to wander the world, seeking who knows what. Redemption? Forgiveness? Perhaps an interesting death? Who knew? Not even Connor knew what he was looking for.

Many years later, word reached him about the many events that had happened in Republic City. Confronted with the stark reality that life didn't stop, Connor decided that Republic City needed him, for all his flaws, for all his mistakes, the City needed him. He fashioned a new staff of oak, to symbolize that he would endure, no matter the trial. He has come to New Republic City. What will he find? He doesn't know. But now he knows that he is home.

Equipment:
Weapons: Connor carries an oaken staff that he is highly skilled with. This is his primary weapon-broken bones can be mended, and that's the worst his staff can do. He carries a "Peacemaker" revolver as well, which is only drawn when he is prepared to take a life in the defense of an innocent.

Other: Connor carries a satchel that is filled with medical supplies and equipment, enabling him to carry out several medical operations while 'in the field'. This kit includes, but is not limited to, scalpels, forceps, bonesaw, braces and splints, some common antidotes to common poisons, and a bottle of whiskey for antiseptic and anesthesia (shot for you, shot for the wound). It's not a full kit, but it's enough to 'patch up' someone enough to get them to a proper hospital.

Skills: Exceptional healer, skilled at bo staff fighting, persuasion

Strengths: Iron will, endurance, medical genius
Weaknesses: Trusting, overly compassionate, short temper

la dame en noir

could I put up my character even if everything isn't completely filled out?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Aiyanna

Do you still just want characters here first, or do they go straight to the character thread?
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

You can post them in the OOC and I'll give you to the go-ahead to post them there once we iron out any issues there may be.

Angie

Quote from: Karma on December 26, 2014, 12:40:30 AM
You can post them in the OOC and I'll give you to the go-ahead to post them there once we iron out any issues there may be.

Derp. Shouldn't have done what I did...

Too late now. :P There were no issues anyway.

Angie

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Aiyanna

I will change my character to bi. I wasn't too set one way or another on who she liked
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Wajin

Name: Zhou Sung Jin
Player: A Japanese Dane
Concept: "Renegade" Airbender, White Lotus Operative
Troubles: Inability to fit in with the other airbenders, ascetic nature, devoted to studies over everything else, aloofness, unwillingness to act
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexsual
On’s: Foreplay, Oral, Anal (giving and receiving)
Off’s: Violence, Blood, toilet stuff, etc.

National Affiliation and Ancestry: Southern Air Temple/Himself. Of Fire Nation Ancestry

Appearance:
Hair: Purple (hair colour changed after a visit to the a spring in the spirit world)
Eyes: Golden/Yellow
Height: 6'4
Weight: 90kg

Description: Zhou is a tall young man with a body trained by his adventures in the wilds, both of the physical world and the spirit world. His eyes are golden, at times seems yellow, and he can be seen with a perpetual smile that can be slightly unnerving.

While in New Republic City, Zhou can usually been seen wearing a black suit with a white shirt underneath, complete with either a bowtie. This clothing style makes Zhou look somewhat like a butler, giving him a more subservient flair. However, Zhou can also be seen wearing an old fashioned airbenders rope once in a while, usually just after coming back to the city from one of his adventures

Personality: Zhou is a calm person, who would rather avoid getting involved with the world, than to lose focus of his quest to full self enlightenment. Zhou has no ties to any particular place or objects, seeing material wealth and property ownership as illusions of society. He is for the most part pacifist, but will defend himself if attacked. He won't however, under any circumstance start a conflict, opting instead to go the way of speech. He is, like Zaheer, a great adherent of Guru Laghima's teachings and follows them as best he can.

Background: Relatively little is known about Zhou's past. The young man is of the prestigious but secretive Sung Jin family of the southern Fire nation. At the age of 10, it was discoverd that Zhou could airbend, however it wasn't till he was 15 that his family contacted the airbenders. By then, the young man had already assimilated a great deal of information about the air nation of old, gathered from books his father imported for him. He had also trained by himself, leaving his home for months on end, surviving in the nearby mountains as an ascetic monk of sorts. So when he arrived at the air temple he had little in common with the rest of the new recruits, opting to show his skills at the very instant he arrived. He was left alone, under order of Tenzin, and started studying in the library of the airbenders, reading tome upon tome and scroll upon scroll of lore about the lost people of the air nomads. One night after he had turned 17, he and Tenzin had a discussion regarding the role of the Air Nomads, a discussion that ended with Zhou storming out the temple, grapping what few things he had and left for the Republic City spirit portal. Zhou wasn't heard from again for a year, and was presumed dead till he finally walked out of the spirit portal in the north a changed man.

What Zhou experienced in the spirit world his first time he has told no one, all his fellow airbenders know was that when he returned to Tenzin, he was a calmer person, yet seemed strangely aloof. Tenzin, sensing immediately what had happened told Zhou that he would not let the young man into the world unsupervised and pointed him in the direction go the White Lotus, who were seeking agents of skill at the time. Zhou agreed and when he left, he did so without touching the ground under him, floating ever so gently through the air till he was free of the curious airbenders before he flew off to go find the White Lotus. In the beginning of his Career with the White Lotus, he was tasked with bringing messages across great distances due to his flight ability, a task he excelled at. Never, did Zhou find another tether, and it wasn't long till he took an extended leave of absence from the White Lotus to journey into the spirit world.

Strengths: Master Airbender, athletic Peak, mild mannered, good listener, good student, no tether to the world..

Skills: Flight, weightlessness, Airbending.

Weapons: Air Glider (used as a bo for combat purposes) Sung Jin Family Jian sword forged by Zhou's grandfather under tutelage of the Master Piandao. The sword is like the glider staff used to channel airbending attacks, but due to it being a sword, the air currents are more cutting, more focussed.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Drake Valentine

Bookmarked

WIP
Name: Yong
Player:  Drake Valentine
Concept: Traveling 'Challenger.'
Trouble:  Bitter ties with Fire Nation. (Given his offshoot 'royal' bloodline.)
Sex:  Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons:
Offs:

National Affiliation and Ancestry: None/Himself. Descendant from Azula's lineage.

Appearance:
Hair:  Red and short
Eyes:  Red
Height:  5'7"
Weight: 165lbs

Description:

Personality: Yong is a quiet and reserved man for the most part. He is also a honorable human being that does not follow to the traditional rules a kingdom may share. If he sees something in the wrong, he won't hesitate to intervene, even if he may not understand the situation to the fullest. He is also fearless, which could be a bad quirk instead of a good one, although this also goes to his strong ancestral bloodline. Another trait is that he is a selfless man, he does not dress royally nor is he one much for accepting gifts when they are offered, unless they are literally forced upon him and then he must be humble enough to take them with gratitude. A more burdening aspect of his character is being able to live freely, meaning, he sees no harm in doing as he may please at times as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. There have been times he has enjoyed himself with other's company and any women that are quite interesting and even appetizing for his tastes. Still, given his ‘noble’ heritage,‘ ' he tends to make it a habit of conquering those in power wherever he goes; even if it is just one during his stay of training, anyone less is usually beneath him.

Background: WIP

Strengths:
Sandbending Mastery: Not as traditionally practiced or seen, but Yong's main specialty is the manipulation of sand. Sand itself is limiting, hence why he is often seen carrying a huge gourd filled with such contents wherever he may go. Not only does the object carry his valuable bending material, but it also proves as added weight to his consistent training. As for sandbending itself, he can wield such freely and changed the density and volume of such as if one may do in manipulating 'water.' It is a well balanced technique that he can use both offensively and defensively.
‘Strange’ Unarmed Fighting Skills: Or so they may be seen by most people. Yong's unusual fighting style is a variety of martial arts that he has learned from his retainer and that he has self trained and taught himself by studying and competing against other unarmed fighting styles. He is always incorporating new techniques in his arsenal.
Expert Staff Wielder: He has went above and beyond with the staff, learning from his Retainer and further refining it into his own style. Not only does Yong use flashy moves to distract his opponents and possibility impress the crowd, but he also can chain in devastating strikes and knows how to channel his entire energy into his weapon for more powerful hits.
Grappler: Yong knows how to put another down into submission and has knowledge on ways to break another's grip upon his body. His grappling abilities does not apply to just humanoids, he is also able to grip firmly upon obstacles and scale them with ease when incorporated with his acrobatics.
Acrobatic/Quick Footed:    Yong knows how to move his body and thus is a reason why he doesn't wear armor as it would naturally add a burden on his poise. He may forgo applied defenses, but he also regains the freedom of mobility to perform agile feats beyond a 'tin man.' Also without being weighed down by anything, he often is able to perform faster evasive maneuvers rather than guarding against them.

Weaknesses:
Earthbending: Given his highly advance sand techniques, he is not as proficient as an Earth Bender as most people may be.
Firebending: He has not had much 'training' in firebending, although it still favors strongly in his bloodline. When the flames do show themselves, they often hold a white appeal to them from just how hot they are.
Archery: His abilities with a bow are poor and need refining.
Swordsmanship: He isn't gifted in the arts of the sword and often avoids wielding them along with other weapons that aren't staffs.

Skills:

• Sandbending - Master
  • Earthbending - Moderate
  • Firebending - Minor

Weapons:
Bo-staff

Character Relationships:
Example character has this particular relation to this character.

Other:

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Geeklet

Dammit Karma. This setting sounds absolutely wonderful, and I'd love to get in on this, but I have no time for a group game now. :(