Favorite Movie Quote?

Started by BlueCitrusSky, February 11, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolven Soul

Oh I can't believe I forgot this one the last time, but it might just be my very favorite quote of all time.  It's from Cloud Atlast.

Haskell Moore: There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive; if you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you will exist a pariah to be spat at and beaten-at worst, to be lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

Adam Ewing: What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

gaggedLouise

Hollywod studio mogul who hired the guy on a big allowance of cash to make a script out of his hit Broadway play, but who finds that he's just getting a lot of procrastination: "Mr. Fink, you're a smartass! And you know what? I don't LIKE smartasses!"

:D

-Barton Fink

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

SapphireStar

"You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and...blow."

- Marie "Slim" Browning "To Have and Have Not" (1944)

msa24680

Professor Henry Higgins: "There even are places where English completely disappears; in America they haven't used it for years."

From "My Fair Lady"

And.. from the opposite end of the spectrum:

Dark Helmet: "Fuck!  Even in the future nothing works!"

From the forever classic "Spaceballs"

Captain Maltese

Just to have fun with Previous Poster.... a little something from "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead".

Guildenstern: I don't believe in it anyway.

Rosencrantz: What?

Guildenstern: England.

Rosencrantz: Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

CassieBear

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others." -The Wizard; Wizard of Oz
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Autumn52

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.”
Elizabeth Bennett ―  Pride and Prejudice
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

MelisaArtemis

EVERYTHING spoken by V in V for Vendetta. Especially:

V: I can assure you, I mean you no harm.
Evey: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey: Oh, I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey: Oh, right.
V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
[Later]
Evey: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom may I ask am I speaking?
Evey: I'm Evey.
V: Evey? E-V — of course you are.
Evey: What do you mean by that?
V: It means I, like God, do not play with dice and don't believe in coincidence. Are you hurt?

Captain Maltese

From the movie Stalker, whose main character is called only that.

Stalker:
Let everything that's been planned come true. Let them believe. And let them have a laugh at their passions. Because what they call passion actually is not some emotional energy, but just the friction between their souls and the outside world. And most important, let them believe in themselves. Let them be helpless like children, because weakness is a great thing, and strength is nothing. When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive. When a tree is growing, it's tender and pliant. But when it's dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are death's companions. Pliancy and weakness are expressions of the freshness of being. Because what has hardened will never win.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

CassieBear

From Akeela and the Bee. I actually found one of my favorite quotes of all time from it. Certainly is something to live by, I think.

Akeelah: [quoting Marianne Williamson] Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Dr. Larabee: Does that mean anything to you?

Akeelah: I don't know.

Dr. Larabee: It's written in plain English. What does it mean?

Akeelah: That I'm not supposed to be afraid?

Dr. Larabee: Afraid of what?

Akeelah: Afraid of... me?
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Ana Enchantress

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Jaws

StarIcy

" all my life i had to fight, but i'll kill him dead before i let him beat me " "THE COLOR PURPLE"

blue bunny sparkle

Han Solo-

"I'll see you in hell!"

Captain Maltese

“No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms
forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand.”

- G'Kar, Babylon 5

SapphireStar

"I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?" - Tess McGill, Working Girl

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Captain Maltese

"My name is Alice and I remember everything."
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Belle33

What's in the box?  ~Seven

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Captain Maltese

[to his brother the priest] While I'm waiting for the Lord to remember me, I, Tuco Ramirez, brother of "Brother" Ramirez will tell you something! You think you're better than I am... where we came from, if one did not want to die in poverty, one became either a priest or a bandit! You chose your way, I chose mine. *Mine* was harder! You talk about Mother and Father... you forget that when you left to become a priest *I* stayed behind! I must have been ten, twelve, I don't remember which, but *I stayed*! I tried, but it was no good! Now I'm going to tell you something... you became a priest because you were too much of a coward to do what *I* do! - Tuco, in The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Quick

"I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die…"

Roy Batty played by Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner.

Captain Maltese

Joel Cairo: You always have a very smooth explanation ready.
Sam Spade: What do you want me to do, learn to stutter?
- from The Maltese Falcon

Twisted Crow

Posted in another thread, but probably my favorite bit from Goldblum in this movie. Its a shame her (forgot her name) follow-up was a bit.... eh. But Jeff's lines here were just priceless. XD

Vergil Tanner

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Sigrun

Watchmen
"Men get arrested. Dogs get put down." - Rorschach

Deamonbane

Quote from: Sigrun on July 10, 2015, 04:25:04 AM
Watchmen
"Men get arrested. Dogs get put down." - Rorschach
+1 Rorschach has so many good lines in that movie...

Also...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."