Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

I have just had a wonderful two day visit from my aunt and uncle, and their daughter. Had a blast playing video games with my cousin, lol. They left this morning. Why does time have to go so fast? :(

Hope things are going alright for Ashia, sounds like she needs a break from some of the stuff she's texted me, not that that couldn't apply to everyone here in one way or another, I guess.

In any case, our thoughts are with you Ashia.

So, what's going on with everyone else?

avt2

Ashia - that's so awful, I'm sorry. It's crazy thinking how little control we actually have over our lives - I hope things resolve themselves sooner rather than later for you and if not, give 'em hell if something's gone from your house when you come back.

As for me, everything's okay here. Just waiting for Golden Touch to post still.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

avt2

Duly noted, GT. Safe travels and godspeed!

Hunter Phoenix

Hey there guys, just keeping you updated on my activities, I have started uni again now so I will be on every now and then for posts and what not :)

Good luck GT :) Take it easy
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sushi

Sorry I haven't been around much :C

I'll make a post with my army doods in a bit, and roll with whatever Gladiator has in mind.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

avt2

Hey guys, so what should I do now that GT is away? I'd appreciate some sort of "rescue" so to speak so that I can post with the rest of you. I wouldn't like to control her character.

Gladiator0161

Alright, thanks for letting us know GT, come back safe and sound, ok?

I guess I'll post something for GT while she's away, unless someone else wants to do that. Nothing big mind you, just getting her from here to there so to speak was all that I had in mind of doing.

Thanks for posting Sushi, I'll try to get a reply up today sometime :)

ashia starstreak

Hopefully everything will be worked out by the end of today. If it does I'll be able to play catch up and get my reply posted in a couple days. Been a rough start this year, thank goodness for the little good things!

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

The Golden Touch

I'd rather no one played Addie while I'm away. Consider her a shadow off hunting signals bouncing off buildings of MIA Spartans and Hell jumpers.

I am lucky to get Internet to type this, but I'll see you guys whenever I return.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Gladiator0161

Alright, fair enough GT. I hope you have safe travels and a safe return.

I'm sorry I'm behind again guys. Seems like it's taking more and more energy for me to do regular life stuff. Just got taxes done about 4 or 5 days ago and I found out that I owe the federal government 224 dollars...... which is alot more than I have in my bank account right now... So, more saving for me only to give it to someone else instead of being able to hold on to it and do something with it later...Yaaay :(

Oh well, atleast there won't be any late fees involved, and I'm getting 30 dollars back from the city (****'in cheapskates). Again, so sorry for dropping the ball yet again. I'll try to get caught up in my reading and a post in by this weekend.

ashia starstreak

Glad to state I am back ^-^ * Tosses pillow on halo thread. Circles three times and lays atop of pillow* aww feels good to be back where I belong. zzZZz

Gladiator0161

Good to have you back Ashia. Congrats on finally finding a place btw. Dunno if I said that in one of the texts I sent you. *pats head* Sleep well Marine, you've earned it :)

Ok, I know that I just posted not too long ago but, does anyone have a problem with me posting again? lol

I just beat the final episode in the Spartan Ops on Halo 4 and it is insane!!!! I'm all ready to post again, lmao. Anyone else beaten the campaign or the Spartan Ops series on Halo 4 yet?

ashia starstreak

Good to have a roof over my head. Being homeless sucked and sleeping in a garage with no insulation in winter...I hope that doesn't happen again! Love my new place ^-^ just wish I could paint these hideous white walls.. oh well.

The other night I had a dream. It seems every time I dream of covenant and I am but a mere civilian.. these bastards scare the crap out of me! Massive in size and impressive in combat, they are too much for a normal woman like myself. So upon request from Gladiator I have taken him up to share my dream. Written in first person, because I, being the star in such a dream.

The Covenant are Coming!

Waking up in a near empty apartment I walked the wooden floors. The place seemed bare, quiet all for the exception of my mother who it would seem was visiting me.  Looking out the window I saw the street and across it were more complex buildings for more apartments. The sky was gathering clouds and not a single blue showed. With the darkening sky appeared an unusual object among the gathering of clouds. It hovered there for what seemed a very long time and the longer it stayed, the more I became anxious and somfrightenedhtened. Looking to my mother, I backed up and began twisting the rod of the window to shut the blinds.

"Get away from the windows. I don't know what that thing is, but I don't want it knowing we're home." I told her and began closing the blinds to the other  windows. Turning off all the lights I returned to the window and peeked outside to see if it was still there.  As I looked up at it, the object began to move. My heart froze and I couldn't peel my eyes away from it. What the hell was it? What was it planning?

Several purple beams of light appeared out of it. They moved downward going through the building below it. I saw no damage, it appeared to be just a light...no.. a scanner perhaps. "Oh no.."

"What's going on?" my mom asked. I waved her off and said, "Quiet! It's coming! Stay away from the beams." I backed away from the window seeing the ship move toward my building. Within a moment a dark maroon light glowed upon my ceiling and sank down to my floor. I tip toed around the lights and watched carefully its movements until I was backed up against a wall and cornered.  Just as I thought I was going to be scanned, they stopped and a rectangular projection appeared near my ceiling. The screen showed a Profit. He looked into my room and  I swore he stared right at me, but within a second he began talking and I soon realized it was a recording. The words he spoke made no sense to me, my ears heard nothingibberishberish. momentarilyarilly relieved until I glanced over and saw my mother standing in one of the purple lights.

"I thought I told you to avoid the beams!" I paniced. The lights then disappeared with the ending of the message. We were left in the darkness alone once more in silence. Rushing to the window I peeked out the window and watched as the large ship began moving away.  A sigh of relief washed over me. "It's moving away." I said, but no sooner had the words left me did I begin hearing screams. My relief had disappeared and became fight or flight mode. "We can't stay here...we can't stay here.." I repeated myself as the screams became louder...closer. I had no gun..no weapon. They knew we were here...my mom had stepped into that damn light.

Peeking back out the window I saw them come across the street. Their stride full of pride, their feamajesticgestic as the light breeze moved past them.

"What the hell is that?" my mom asked having had peeked out the window as well.

Just then my younger brother rushes into my apartment. Slamming the door he stands against it, panting. At the sight of him, my heart sank. "I don't fucking know!" I exclaimed to my mother's question. They were inching closer. I couldn't let them find my family. "Stay here! Keep yer trap shut! I'll be back!" I said and ran out the door toward the street. My goal was to get deeper into the city, distract these giant aliens from finding my family. Downtown there would be military. They'd take care of these creatures. My plans immediately went downhill as plasma zipped past my head. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed and fell face first onto the coldasphaltsfault. I closed my eyes and remained still. I could hear their footsteps near me. The light clack scrap of talons upon the concrete. I thought for sure they would know I was faking my death, but they kept on moving.

When they turned the corner, I got to my feet and rushed back to my apartment. "We gotta go!" I told my mom and little brother. Sneaking out of the apartment we creep our way quietly down the streets into the middle of the city, but no military could be found. Covenant over ran the area. Elites flung civilians across the street as if they were just an old rag doll. People darted past us, screeching and crying as they did their best to get away from these strangers to our planet. No one stood a chance against them, and the covenant knew it. They laughed and teased the helpless humans.

Creeping into a motel I shut the door behind my family and began closing the blinds to the lobby windows. Walking to one window I spotted an elite and hit the floor, pretending I was dead. He kept on walking. Standing back up I closed its blinds and tip toe toward an end table that was placed next to the last window. Freezing halfway there I spot a jackal and a grunt walking down the street. Hoping from foot to foot I paniced on what to do. Rushing to the table I sat upon the stool and placed my head on the surface. I pretended to be dead. This one was not convinced.

He walked up to the window and stared at me curiously. His breath fogged up the window as he tilted his head. As he slowly lifted up his weapon, my heart raced. Once more in fight or flight mode, I paniced. Adrenaline rushing through me I stood up, broke through the glass and pulled the startled jackal in towards me. I gripped onto his feathers and swung downward to the floor, impaling him on the broken glass. My body shook, I couldn't believe what I did. My hands bled from breaking through the window. Just then the door swung open. Standing back up, I grabbed my stool and threw it at a grunt in the doorway causing him to drop his gun. As he bent down to pick it up I rushed at him and punched him in the face.

What the hell was I thinking!? Did I seriously just punch an alien in the face? I can't fight.. oh crap..my knees wobbled as I watched the grunt stare me in the eyes a moment, before going back to pick up his gun. Once more I bopped him in the face. Lifting my fists up I watched him carefully. When his red eyes met mine, I waved my fingers at him to come at me. "Come on.. lets go." I said. I felt slightly empowered. This creature was my height. I honestly thought I could handle this one.

My self esteem immediately melted away when the grunt swung at me. By the second punch to the face with his massive arm, I fell to my ass and stayed there.  Looking up at him, I watched as he bent down to pick up his gun and aim it at me. However, he never fired it. A loud ring echoed in my ear, my eyes watched as the alien fell back and didn't get back up. Twisting my body around I stared at metal boots behind me. As my eyes trailed up the large mass of this dark figure I looked up at my reflection in the helmet piece. Master chief stared down at me, words did not escape him and after a moment of silence, all I had to say to him was, "'bout time! I was looking for you."

That was when I woke up. *takes a bow* thank you.. thank you.

Gladiator0161

I love that Ashia gets into a fist fight with a Grunt in her dream, lol xD

So guys, I have an idea I've been thinking over, and I've talked it over with my brother, who is gonna be joining the site soon and we came up with another Halo rp.

It'd be called Halo: Project Farscape Link-----> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167602.msg7833342#msg7833342 (This thread is no longer active as there weren't enough people to properly do it)

The story would take place a year after the Halo 4 video game, so as not to encroach on the cannon story and we'd get to use all the weapons thus far instead of "prototypes".

The story would be about The Galactica and their mission to 1) search out possible planets for colonization and 2) to scout out the once Human colonized systems to see if they were still under Covenant control or if the Covenant had abandoned the area.

Now, it would still be written in the Non Adult section like our current one but, the cool thing is that I plan on the Galactica to be about as big as the Infinity, so it'd carry not just Pelicans, Longswords, and Sabers but, Frigates, so those that want romance mixed in could get on a different ship fly to some alien planet (which would be in another section such as the Light: Human Small Groups section or the NC Human Freeform section) and do their thing without disturbing those that don't want the romance. If it's not too much trouble, we could even run it at the same time as this one as soon as my brother is approved.

What do you guys think? Would anybody be interested in doing this Halo: Project Farscape rp as well?

Sushi

I actually still need to play Halo IV >_>
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

ashia starstreak

That grunt kicked my white ass haha and he didn't have the full mask, he had the nose piece one so he was creeeeepy!

I'm obsessed with Halo so I'm down. Just haven't done all the extra crap on 4 so hopefully will still know what's up. Read the first 50pgs of Cole Procol and that reminded me of what you were talking about with the covenant coming into human colonies.

Asher17

Hello folks~ C:)

I'm the new guy Gladiator mentioned. Hope to be approved soon so we can get crackin'
on some Halo goodness! Peace out for now!  C:)

Gladiator0161

Hey Dude! Glad you could join us finally :P

Asher17

Ah yes, you are "Glad" aren't you? Ahahaha... Ha... ;D
(Psst, how goes getting that Elder Scrolls thing going eh?  8-) )

Gladiator0161

Hahaha...ah, very punny sir, lol. (It's going fine, got another interested person just this morning! So that makes three people so far, and Aadreal might be joining us, so, if you're accepted quickly, that'll make 5 people if Addy joins us. So excited! xD)

Gladiator0161

Sorry guys, I just now realized that you guys were waiting on me to post a reply to Ashia. Thing is, my brain isn't working right now. So, if you guys wanna skip me for right now, and go ahead, that'll be fine with me. :)

How is everyone doing btw?

Gladiator0161

Ok, that little reprieve did me a little good. I've posted as Sling in the thread. :)

Sushi

I've been doing okay, lots of side writing projects. I'm good to post whenever you are~

Gladiator0161

I need to post as Gladiator too? O.o;;