An Empire Asunder ~ In Need of An Emperor

Started by MarissaSeraphOfInsanity, July 28, 2013, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Ah, now I see what you mean. Essentially yes, the majority of Sahali would look like this although it depends on the warlord who rules over them. For example, a handful of areas have had warlords that have made sure to build up some kind of industry while warlord satrapies closer to the border could steal equipment from their northern neighbours. But for the most part, this would be the look.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

RedEve

Let me know if this fits in at all with what you had in mind, Marissa.

Name: Xhadea Alahn
Title: Warlord
Faction: Kingdom of Sahal
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Goal: Making sure to stake her claim in the conference. She is there as much out of mistrust of her own countrymen as she is there to study the “real” enemy.

Personality: She is a cold and determined woman. It is not a choice, as only a ruthless and pragmatic person could rise to lead the band of cutthroats, plunderers and rapists she commands. As a woman, she almost has to be even more unforgiving to keep her men in check and earn their respect (or at the very least their fear). If she ever indulged in feelings like love, remorse, compassion, … those have become distant memories after over two decades of hardship in Sahal. Self-preservation and gaining power are the two driving forces in her life.

Appearance: Xhadea stands at 5’10 and has wiry, long muscles. She has red hair and green eyes. Her skin caries the signs of many battles in the form of countless scars. Had she grown up in a noble family to the North, she might have been considered beautiful, but her appearance and manner is far too brutish for anyone to mistake for such in her current appearance.

Biography: Life is hard in the deep South. Only the strong survive, and only the very strong mange to both survive and thrive. Xhadea was orphaned by the age of ten. She was adopted into a marauding band of barbarians who roamed the border area between the Empire and the Kingdom of Sahal. Whilst growing up, she took part in a countless number of skirmishes and battles. In Sahal, combat is learned in the bear pit of battle.  Greenhorns have a short life expectancy, but those that survive come out with leather skin and an ice-cold, steely resolve.

By the time Xhadea was 18, she already rivaled any member of her merry band of murderers in single combat. By the time she was 20, she had a seat at their Lord’s table. When their leader died in combat three years later, she was amongst the three pretenders to assume command. Succession was decided in the Sahalian way, and thus her two rivals lay beheaded soon afterwards. She has lead her company with an iron fist ever since. Known in both Sahal and the Empire as the Red Woman (for her hair), she and her men are discussed in hushed tones as an especially cruel and ruthless outfit, even by Sahalian standards.

Xhadea’s army is rather small compared to that of her peers. Some Warlords can boast forces in the many thousands. Her numbers are hardly ever over two hundred strong, but they are kept hungry and sharp by nearly constant action.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

RedEve

A general question, I assume that most of the families will be bringing a guard to the conference, but I also assume that they won't allow a few dozen entire armies to descend upon the city, so what kind of a force would they be allowed to bring?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

They're allowed to bring a small retinue of bodyguards inside the castle with them, along with a handful of personal servants to handle their food, etc. Just to throw out some arbitrary numbers, I'd say up to five guards and a dozen servants per noble although I'm willing to leave that number open to haggling before the game begins.

RedEve

Xhadea won't be bringing any servants.  ;D

I do like the idea of five of her men acting like the proverbial bulls in the china shop as they mingle with the attending gentry. :D

Wajin

I have of some more details for the dear Brahn, should I just edit then in or do you want me to PM them to you?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

I can barely imagine some nobles deigning to speak with the warlords, let alone their bodyguards XD

Feel free to just edit them in, Dane.

Wajin

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Thanks Dane. I just looked it over and everything seems to be in order. I can't wait to get started ;D

Wajin

I actually considered adding archery to his hobbies but decided to just add "Less noble forms of combat" :D So it can archery and more ;)

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Wajin

Indeed. Any news on when you expect we can start? when the royal families have been filled...?

RedEve

Marissa, with the way you have described life in the South, I would assume that most of the Warlords would see each other as rivals and at best they would honor some loosely held truce?
Or did you have another opinion of the internal power structure?

CurvyKitten

I'm working on both my idea's as we speak. :) I put a lot of work in my CS but I will try and get them up as soon as possible.

CurvyKitten

Ok here is what I have thus far let me know if I should edit, and if anyone sees any links they would like to make please feel free to pm me. Also I was thinking maybe Alexandria/Runa could become part of one of the already established warlords armies?

Character Sheet

Name:
Elizabetha Cathleen Torrinpietra
Title: Princess
Faction: Selician Empire
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Goal: Her goal like any other is to lead her country towards peace....at least that is what she says. She plays the part of a loyal and dutiful Princess. But in her heart what she wants more is the freedom that she has forever been denied. A secret wish to be able to chose her own fate, to marry who she chooses, to run free within the kingdom. To free herself from leash that tightens around her neck every day.

Personality: To the world around her she is a well manner, exceedingly educated and poised young woman. She has the air of royalty around her as did her mother, and is the jewel of her country and in her fathers eyes. She holds her head high and tries to make her father proud. But within her heart she is anything but a tamed Princess. She has found a way to make sure her voice is heard, at least when it comes to leading her people. But most of all when she believes the eyes of the kingdom are else where she is who she has always wanted to be. And doing things that drives her father up the walls, running off to explore the woods or towns around them. Taking on learning skills such as archery and swordsmanship.  And for ever proving she is not nearly as tamed as she seems to be.

Appearance:Picture 2/Picture 3/Picture 4/Picture 5/Picture 6
Elizabetha has a well tone fare skinned frame, her vibrant red hair a brilliant contrast to the pale white of her untouched skin. Long legs with lush thighs give way to fertile hips. Her soft curves leaving no mistaking her for a wonderfully feminine curves. Her breasts almost a full C, nothing more then a perfect handful. It is clear she has good breeding and a strong bloodline, the beauty of the woman before her only grows greater over the generations.

Biography:
Elizabetha Cathleen Torrinpietra was born to be a princess; her grand bloodline was filled with leaders. And even as a young child she was expected to honor that blood line to the best of her abilities. Which were expected...no demanded to be the best. Even before she could walk or talk she was shown off as if she were some prize. And as soon as she was able the lessons began.

Languages, art, history, politics, diplomacy...and countless other lessons were all pushed upon her. She was expected to not only do her best but to be the best. And failures were harshly punished and corrected, though her father was careful to punish her in ways that would not mark her body. Using what she cared about most against her. But her parents always insisted it was for her own good, that she would one day have to rise to the occasion. Sadly as she found out later that meant that she would only be rising to a political marriage.

All those lessons all that time and it would all go to marrying her off. It was after an argument with her father that things started to change within her. She had always been a willful child, but her need for freedom grew tenfold over the next few years. She would sneak out and explore the woods, or towns around their kingdom. Actually getting lost a few times, but as always her father would send his greatest guards and they would bring her back. She took to learning archery and even picking up a sword one day. It was against her father’s orders, but it was clear during her free time she would chose to do or learn whatever she wanted to.

Years passed and Elizabetha grew into a brilliant and vibrant young woman. She played the part of dutiful princess, but those that knew her could always see the yearning for more within her eyes. What will happen? What will she chose...duty or passion? Only time will tell which part of the Princess will win out. Hopefully whatever happens her country and her heart will find a way to make both wishes come true.

Character Sheet

Name: Alexandria Elena D'navechee Now goes by Runa
Title: Duchess of
Faction: Was the Grand Duchy but fled to the Kingdom of Sahal
Sexual Orientation: Bi

Goal: To take back her land and country and to kill all those responsible for her families deaths. Not a simple task no, but her hatred for those that took everything from her still burns. And soon she hopes it will burn her enemies to ash.

Personality: Runa does not share much about her past, so she always seems to remain a mystery. There is a sensuality that surrounds her and flows into everything she does. From the tasting of fruit to the way she embraces her lovers. Runa is one that intimately aware of what her body can do. She seems as fragile as a flower, but despite her delicate appearance those that know what to look for can see the familiar look of a lioness silently stalking her pray. And to those that cannot see, simply see an exotic vibrant young female. That has more than likely tempt their dreams when they leave one of her performances.

Appearance: Picture 2/Picture 3/ Picture 4/Picture 5/Picture 6
Her stark white hair that flows down to graze the top of her butt. Her body is nearly perfectly untouched except the scar that remains over her heart. It appears that she was stabbed through the heart, yet the seemingly delicate flower survived the blow. Beyond the her pale skin and white hair she has some amazingly and striking crystal blue eyes. 

Biography:
Alexandria Elena D'navechee was born to her mother and father, their only girl after three sons. Her father a Duke of the portion of the snowy lands of the north. His lands were fast and he was a wildly respected man. His force of will known throughout the surrounding lands.  Alexandria was born to them with hair as white as snow and skin nearly as fair. Though her eyes an astonishing crystal blue, even then the young girl drew the attention of others. Her father sure she was destine for greatness.

Oh course lessons were to fallow, as any young maiden with title she was taught by the best. Or at least those that her father deemed the best. But due to her seemingly delicate form she was also shown the ways of the healer. At the time her heart was light and she wanted to heal the people the war so harshly tossed aside. And for the most part she grew up happy, becoming the light or beacon of hope within a darker world. Her father called her his little treasure, and her brothers despite their teasing protected her and cared for her dearly. Her mother on the other hand was always put off by the child, the small girl surpassing even her beauty and taking what seemed her well-earned attention. It was this jealousy that would soon tare her family apart.

When she was 16 tragedies struck as war was at their doorsteps, Ryath a man that her father felt was his brother had been sleeping with his wife, and now sought to take his kingdom from him. But instead of facing him on the field of battle Ryath took the cowards’ way out. He came during a celebration and waited till everyone was drunk and long since retired for the night to attack. Slipping in the night and shadows hiding like cowards and slaying everyone they had come across. Her father and brothers tried to fight, but drunk and drugged as they were had no true chance.

That was they day their kingdom fell, and her world fell apart. Alexandria had been woken by her mother as she raised a blade above the young girls heart. Giving what was meant to be the killing blow to Alexandria, a blade straight to the heart. Her mother having her dragged and tossed on the pile of bodies that were to be burned. There she was thought dead yet somehow still holding on. Within her mind Alexandria screamed to god...or to any god that would listen, to give her the strength to survive. And as the flames ate at the bodies of her family she found herself moving. Crawling towards the small bit of light that she could see. The last thing she remembered from that night was a hand reaching into the bodies and flames to pull her from it. It wasn't till several days later that she woke up in the hidden away hut of the old healer that had been teaching her. She still had no idea who had saved her and why, promising that one day she would repay the debt owed. But it was then and there that the hatred and hunger for revenge would drive her to survive was born.

It wasn't till several years later that she surfaced again, no one knows where the last living heir to the lands throne disappeared to. The name nothing more then a whispered rumor of her survival. The woman that walked the lands now went by the name Runa. The young woman had become something entirely different from the loving woman she once was. Now she found herself traveling in the lands she had fled to, The Kingdom of Sahal had become her home and if she had it her way it would be the force that help bring about her revenge.

She became a warrior, a killer unlike most others. Using poisons, pressure points and throwing weapons.  Knowing that she could not match brute force strength. She had clearly learned to use her speed and agility to her advantage. Alexandria unable to return to her old home just yet took on the name Runa and started to travel, her heart still filled with loss and hatred that she had hoped would be quenched. She became the silent killer of kings, the ghost that came in the night to kill those that had shame themselves. What will she become in the end Runa still doesn't know. Part of her still trying to find what it is that will finally stop the hunger within her.

Shjade

Quote from: RedEve on August 04, 2013, 10:28:16 AM
Marissa, with the way you have described life in the South, I would assume that most of the Warlords would see each other as rivals and at best they would honor some loosely held truce?

I'm willing to bet how the Warlords get along will depend a great deal on how their High King/Queen says they should which, since there isn't one yet, leaves that a little bit up in the air. If the High Warlord (yay gender neutralish) were the more barbaric indifferent type, the Warlords would probably be more apt to off each other for succession or generally do whatever the hell they want. If the High Warlord's a more world domination type who intends to use the rest of Sahal to support their push to take the rest of the continent, they'd probably be more interested in making sure their people aren't killing each other off. Y'know, just for instance. So I'd imagine these questions would probably rely somewhat on the writeup of whomever plays the Sahal "royalty" role(s), unless, of course, no one picks those up.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Malrunar

Hey! I'm very much interested in this. Is there any specific type of female character needed right now? Be that stemming from any particular fiefdom or class?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 04, 2013, 10:25:40 AM
Indeed. Any news on when you expect we can start? when the royal families have been filled...?
I think we have enough characters to start. At the bare minimum, we need at least an Emperor, Grand Duke and High King to begin in earnest (or their female counterparts) although I certainly won't object to other characters too while we wait.

Quote from: RedEve on August 04, 2013, 10:28:16 AM
I think Shjade summed it up perfectly. Force, or the threat thereof, holds sway in Sahal, and the High King (or Queen, or Warlord as Shjade brilliantly pointed out) typically holds that position because they have the ability to crush anyone who defies them. As such, order is dependent on how involved they're willing to get in keeping their subjects in check. That said, most Warlords tend to view one another as rivals and factionalism is quite common.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 04, 2013, 10:41:38 AM
I'm working on both my idea's as we speak. :) I put a lot of work in my CS but I will try and get them up as soon as possible.
Both of your characters are approved. Welcome aboard, Kitten.

EDIT: Actually for your second character, just for reference, has she become a Sahali warlord, or has she just become a retainer to a warlord?

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 04, 2013, 02:57:42 PM
Hey! I'm very much interested in this. Is there any specific type of female character needed right now? Be that stemming from any particular fiefdom or class?
At present we're currently in need of the main monarchs of each faction, regardless of gender, if you're interested in playing them, but don't feel obligated to play them if you don't want to. If memory serves, the Grand Duchy is a bit of a sausagefest at the moment, so if you'd rather play a regular noble I think they're still in need of some females.

CurvyKitten

YAAY Is there an occ and ic yet...want to make sure I didn't miss that post.

And as for Runa I am fine with having her play the second to one of the warlords already in play. Playing it cool till it's time to take her own power back, to keep the game from being to overloaded by them.  If now one wants that either be a warlord...or I can just have her as a solo operator.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Sure thing. I'll leave you and whoever's playing a Warlord to figure out who you're serving with. The threads aren't up yet. I'll probably wait until we have our monarchs, but I may set up before then if it takes too long.

CurvyKitten

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

CurvyKitten

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares