(Sandbox Game) True Blood (Looking for a Vampire King!)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 28, 2011, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athos

Name: Artemis Jones
Actual Age: 33
Apparent Age: 30’s
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Race: Werewolf

Powers: Enhanced speed, strength, senses while in wolf form. While in human form, Artemis still maintains exceptional vision and sense of smell. He is also somewhat stronger than the average human of his size due to his regular use of vampire blood.

Skills: Some proficiency with small arms and melee weapons. He often carries a .45 calibre pistol and has access to wooden bullets as well as a large silver Bowie knife. He is an excellent driver. He also has a detailed knowledge of vampire weaknesses (silver, wood through the heart etc..) and experience with the underground V trade.

Personality: Understandably, Artemis hates vampires with every fibre of his being. That being said, he is a V addict, first and foremost and there is nothing he won’t do in order to get his next fix. While he prefers hunting among the newly made or otherwise unsuspecting vampires, there have been times when he has had to actually work for those he hates in order to get what he needs. Artemis tends to be a pragmatist and has long since put the lofty notions of good and evil aside. Outwardly, he tends to be quiet and withdrawn though when he opens up, he displays a rather warped sense of humour.

Brief History: Artemis was born a werewolf near Fort Nelson, British Columbia in May of 1978. His father was the pack master of a large werewolf population that was living and operating in that area during that time. As a child, he fell in love with nature and would spend days and even weeks wandering the through woods. When the change came upon him at the age of 13, Artemis became a full member of the pack. He quickly distinguished himself as one of the pack’s best hunters and fiercest fighters.  By the time he was 17, it was clear that he was going to follow his father’s paw steps as the next pack master.

However this was not meant to be. In the summer of 1995, the Vampire Queen of British Columbia purchased the large area of forest that had served as the pack’s hunting grounds for generations. She issued an ultimatum: Either the pack would pledge their loyalty to her and obey her commands, or they would be forcibly removed from their home. To which, Artemis’ father responded with an ultimatum of his own: “Put up or shut up.”

Thanks to the ample hunting grounds, the pack had grown large in recent generations and nearly 40 werewolves answered the pack master’s call when the queen’s sheriffs arrived. By dawn, after an intense and bloody melee, only one of the seven vampires sent returned. However from the 40 wolves who’d answered the call, only 7 remained.

As Artemis stood over his father’s broken body, he knew that their pack was finished. After sending the families of the fallen to be taken care of by other packs, Artemis led the remaining fighters to Vancouver, the queen’s capitol. There they began a guerrilla war: hunting and capturing unsuspecting vampires then draining them. They drank all the V they could and sold the rest in order to fund their efforts. It was a dangerous existence however, and within a year Artemis was the only of his pack left.

Having no other choice, he fled Canada across the border into Washington and disappeared. For the next fifteen years, Artemis travelled the United States making his living by hunting vampires and selling their blood for profit. In that time, he has become hopelessly addicted to V.

Ons: Pretty much anything not in my offs
Offs: Scat, Vore

Wolf form:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Diablerie

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Caela

Athos, he is just...yummy! What does he think of redheads? lol :D

Ramael

And what does he think of walking into the Lumination with some plastic bags and going "I'll take a pint" to the vampire bartender?!

Diablerie

Quote from: Ramael on July 27, 2011, 06:31:47 PM
And what does he think of walking into the Lumination with some plastic bags and going "I'll take a pint" to the vampire bartender?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *rolls on the floor laughing*

Athos

Quote from: Hekate on July 27, 2011, 02:14:46 PM
(Yay! Another werewolf!)

:D

Quote from: Caela on July 27, 2011, 06:13:41 PM
Athos, he is just...yummy! What does he think of redheads? lol :D

I'm glad you like and doesn't everyone love redheads?

Quote from: Ramael on July 27, 2011, 06:31:47 PM

LMAO! I kind of want him to do that now just for the awesomeness factor. Too bad he'd only last for about thirty seconds afterward.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

bubby

Oh gawd...Athos...how DARE you use that pic... *just melts*

...oh...and Welcome!

Vergil1989

Hey, I think I'm going to join this game but I'm totally unfamiliar with True Blood but vampires and all that I know quite a bit.  Still, as soon as I drop a few of my far slower games I will draw up a human to use this, but I do ask if at all possible I'd love to hook up with Lilith lol.  Beyond that, I'm pretty open to whatever might come along.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

Name:  Angel Smith.
Actual Age:  30
Apparent Age:  24, 25
Sex:  Male
Sexuality:  Straight.
Race: Human

Powers: None.
Skills: Martial arts expert, (karate mostly,) cooking, tattoo artist.

Personality: Angel is a charming and very easy to get along with person, but he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty if it means his friends and loved ones are better off for it later.  Despite a bit of a rough childhood, he grew to be a strong and caring individual that is too stubborn to ever give up on anything he sets his mind to.  Regardless, it takes a lot to get him angry, but if you manage it you better run as fast as your legs can carry you since, while tempered considerably, he still has a bit of an issue when it comes to letting go of grudges.
Brief History:  Born in Chicago, Illinois, Angel got his namesake because even as a child he was considered as such in appearance.  However, growing up in a too small apartment with three older brothers and two sisters was taxing even in the best of times, and things started to go from bad to worse when his father walked out on their family, leaving their mom to take care of them all.  He grew up fast after that, helping out around the house all the time when he wasn't at school while his mom slowly died of heart break and stress.  He was fifteen when she finally had had enough and decided a whole bottle of pills was the only way out.  His family was split up after that in several different foster homes and juvie halls since his two sisters were constantly in trouble with the law and his three older brothers were too busy with lives of their owns by then to really do anything for Angel.  Still, he held no ill will for them after he got his own life together after a bit of a rough start, working out his issues in a karate class for the next seven years straight, along with his normal school classes, graduating almost at the top of every class he attended.

It was a year ago however when bad news struck again when he went in for a routine checkup and came back out of the doctor's office with the bad news that he had maybe three years to live if the inoperable brain tumor he had didn't decide to move on him.  Now thirty, had dealing with crippling headaches at least once a week anymore, Angel has moved on and hopes to live out his last days in relative peace and quiet.  Plying his trade as a tattoo artist and as a teacher to a few students at a local gym, Angel had found a comfortable niche in this new life he has set up, for as long as he can keep it anyway.

Ons:  (Check O/O page.)
Offs:  (Check O/O page.)

Theme Song

Angel The Series - Theme
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

TheHangedOne

True Blood vampires work a bit differently than the typical vampire, like how they're extremely vulnerable to silver, and wood to the chest makes them violently explode in gore.  It might do to browse around online a bit, and read up, just so you know what's what.

And your character is approved.
Check out my poet tree!

Elf

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 28, 2011, 09:37:41 PM
Hey, I think I'm going to join this game but I'm totally unfamiliar with True Blood but vampires and all that I know quite a bit.  Still, as soon as I drop a few of my far slower games I will draw up a human to use this, but I do ask if at all possible I'd love to hook up with Lilith lol.  Beyond that, I'm pretty open to whatever might come along.

Welcome aboard, Verg. And just what non-gay male wouldn't want to hook up with Lilith? I expect most of the ladies want to do so too. lol

Caela

Quote from: Elf on July 29, 2011, 07:08:05 AM
Welcome aboard, Verg. And just what non-gay male wouldn't want to hook up with Lilith? I expect most of the ladies want to do so too. lol

lol...Lilith is hot, but Siobhan has no interest in her other than to stay out of hte way of the lady's fangs.

Elf

Quote from: Caela on July 29, 2011, 07:15:28 AM
lol...Lilith is hot, but Siobhan has no interest in her other than to stay out of hte way of the lady's fangs.

Well then she is quite obviously not "most ladies". lol

Caela

Quote from: Elf on July 29, 2011, 07:31:03 AM
Well then she is quite obviously not "most ladies". lol

lol...Not in this game. She can appreciate Lil's hotness, but she likes her boys!

LunarSage

Is there going to be a cap on players?  If so, I'd like to put my foot in the door for Josi.  She's at work all day today but she may be interested since she loves the books and the show.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Elf

Caela, Liking the boys definitely isn't bad thing. As one of the boys once Tre satisfies his current craving for the undead, he will certainly be more interested in the living ladies, and Siobhan has quite definitely peeked his interest already and get him away from the vampires and his need for camouflage and he will be more than willing to drop his lies around her.

Vergil1989

Thanks Hanged and I have actually started to watch the shows online and I did a bit of reading in the wiki as well to get to know what's what in this strange new world of True Blood, so no worries there mate.  Anyway, hope my opening post is just as well received as my character is and thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: LunarSage on July 29, 2011, 08:25:07 AM
Is there going to be a cap on players?  If so, I'd like to put my foot in the door for Josi.  She's at work all day today but she may be interested since she loves the books and the show.
I'm not capping players yet, though I may eventually cap certain character types.
Check out my poet tree!

PaleEnchantress

It's not listed in allowed races but I would really love to play a maenad.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheHangedOne

Sure thing, Pale. Just make sure to detail out her individual powers.
Check out my poet tree!

lenka

I am very interested. I loved reading the true blood series.

Is there any particular character you are in need of? Maybe bar staff, local worker or long lost friend?
I can work with anything, otherwise I could create something new and fresh.

PaleEnchantress

Well the maenads have a few cannonical powers but i'd like to know if we are following book lore or the  tv series more. The main difference I guess would be wether im looking for sacrifices or tribute. 

A shame all our males in the game so far are hetero, i do enjoy MxM.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheHangedOne

Pale: Try to stay close to the tv series. I do allow for some flexibility though, because I believe an anomalous trait here or there makes for fun.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

lenka

I was wondering if you have too many witches? Could someone please paste the thread in here so that I can see where your all at? This is if the story is up and running as yet.