Started by Latooni Subota, March 24, 2012, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Okay, so I just watched the first two episodes of Korra, and it was AWESOME. So . . you guys will help me find a good GM and work out possible Avatar RP, right? RIGHT?! Well, let's start with a regular interest check first, and then work on things from there, yeah?

*Giggles and dances and rewatches Korra!*
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Genbu83

Sounds fun, it is a rich world.

Wolfy

I call some type of Bender.

And Not Rodriguez, either.

Latooni Subota

Well, at least there is some interest in the awesome of the Avatar universe. Do note, I'm an absolutely terrible GM, so people who are better at that would probably be handy. XD

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Wolfy

Hmm......did you have a plot in mind? :P

jilorbb

Are you hell-bent on having a game master?  If we have an OOC and discuss plot, it may not even be necessary.

I am definitely interested in playing. Especially if I am able to play Korra herself. I might even be willing to be GM, then.

1SAZ

I'd be more than willing to be either an Earth or Fire bender depending on popularity of either. Definitely want to be a Pro-Bender though.

ShadowFox89

Suggestion: Have the game set in a city and all events take place within that city. Any plot would be player driven, with no real need for a GM except to make sure people don't start power gaming.

That said, interested as a slightly twisted waterbender who knows some bloodbending stuff (like making certain body parts swell up >:) )
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wolfy

I'd certainly be up for a story set in the city..but I do hope we can take it outside the city as well.

Though I'm also interested in a Pro-bender character..;D

Latooni Subota

Well, personally, I can't stand not having a GM and some more structured plots/rules. The fact that I'm not asking for people to think of a viable system to use is proof that I'm already outside my comfort zone, lol! I'm equally uncomfortable with people using canon characters in rps, especially when the canon in question isn't finished yet, let alone past the second episode. Not enough source material to truly use a character well, imo. That's why setting-wise an AU of the Korra setting would be nice.

ShadowFox89

Actually, there is a viable system to use, if you are willing to use fanmade D20 material:

http://theanteheroes.com/Avatar%20d20/BendingChapter.pdf

I've played using it before, and it is balanced for the most part. The only thing you might want to do is increase the range of bending.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Wait... Korra came out already? I thought it was coming out in April...

I'm expressibng some interest, but I'm seeing a lot of "I wanna be a pro bender!", which is kind of pushing me away. I'll see how it turns out after a few profiles are up though.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Well, it'd make sense to be a pro-bender if you want to be a bender... And most people want to play a bender.

I haven't seen the leaks for the first two episodes, so I can't really put my hat in the ring to try and run this.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

ShadowFox89

I'm not signing up for a fansite, I'll wait until it airs on TV.

edit: But other than that, what do you think of the fanmade Avatar D20?

edit2: Found somewhere to see episode one..... Spike is a bad guy?!? O_o'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

jilorbb

*phew*

All right, then. If no one is playing Korra then I'll definitely play an OC. Though, with that being said, a lot of what you stated about the canon character holds true for the world itself. There have been a lot of changes in the world since Aang's time and we're still not certain as too many of the settings or rules of the new genre, being that there are only two episodes out.

Kimera

Sounds interesting, although I'm still thinking on what type of character I would make

Frank Reshman

I was so psyched when I saw the episodes were up.  I would be all for this.  I would like to be an Earth Bender, but I'm not really picky as long as I get to be a bender.  Also, for those wondering, the episodes can't be found on korranation.com anymore, as they were only on there for the weekend.  They are, however, all over the internet.

ShadowFox89

If I ran a game using the AvatarD20 fanmade supplement for DnD3.5, would there be anyone interested in playing? I likely wouldn't be using the base setting though, but keeping some elements from it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

AKunoichi

ShadowFox89

It's going to hinge mainly on what Latooni thinks about the whole idea. It's her interest check thread.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AKunoichi

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Norwegian One

Totally unrelated to this group roleplay, but I'm looking for someone to play Korra for one of my roleplay ideas :) Info here
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.