Scourge of Worlds - A Pathfinder Adventure

Started by Laughing Hyena, April 19, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Not quite. It uses pathfinder rules but is set in the world of Greyhawk. This adventure is based off of an independent "Find Your Fate" DVD of similar name. However the characters that partake are not the iconics from 3.5 but your characters. This adventure is for a group of four to five heroes of level 5. You will generate your ability scores using a 2d6+6 method and roll six times and you are issued standard gold for your level to spend as you seem fit.

I will point out immediately that this is a straight adventure and there will be no sexual encounters or nudity of any sort. This might not be what people are looking for but we shall see if one welcomes a change of pace from the norm that elliquiy is known for.

Hired by the temple of Pholtus within Greyhawk, your party has been sent to capture Barathion. A high ranking priest of their temple who has stolen a map from their vaults. It is unknown why he has stolen it as the map was never peered upon by the elders of the temple. One of you has a history with the good priest giving proper incentive to see him brought back alive. You eventually catch up with Barathion somewhere nearby Darkhaven.

Little do you realize that you are being drawn into something much bigger then you could possibly imagine...

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. interesting... a bounty hunt.. could be fun.

Senti

hello there, I know Dnd and sort of Pathfinder. Might need some help here i dont know too much about greyhawk

Am pleased for no knicker dropping.....

I was thinking an elf druid that chews on too too many mushrooms and smokes too much.

Laughing Hyena

So far this is working out quite well to be sure.

Sabriel

Hihi

I am interested in this too  :-)

Are you going to be using the classes from the advanced players guide ?

I had an idea for a character which I thought would work well as an Inquisitor of Pholtus who was formally a wayward orphan child taken in by Barathion,  I think it could be interesting to have her deeply respect and feel she owes a lot to him which she probably does. She perhaps may even have insisted on being the one to bring him in because she fears for his safety, so she might struggle with her past and way of life a bit in bringing him in.

It could easily work as another class of course the concept I can make work easily with the standards.

Laughing Hyena

Excellent! And yes I shall allow advanced classes if that is okay but do be warned now this means I get to use them too.

:-) Oh what the hell I can't lie. I was gonna use them anyway. Your backstory is fine and well suited.

Crovonovin

Just what I was looking for--a Pathfinder game without the clutter of sex! 

I've been curious in trying out the Alchemist class for quite awhile now, and this seems like as good an opportunity as ever.  Perhaps he could even be the man who was good friends with the missing priest?  For the record, he wouldn't be the "Jekyll and Hyde" build, but a potion tosser.

Laughing Hyena

Nah Sabriel has something good in mind and I wanna go along with it. And SHihong, so long as i expect the players that are interested to stick with this through and through then I shall gladly let them play. :-)

Senti

i might need some help with character creation as sually i am a white wolf whore

Crovonovin

Alright then, that's off the table!

Is it assumed that the rest of the party are essentially freelancers that the man/woman who knows the priest hires?

Laughing Hyena

Perhaps but they could also be traveling companions that have went on other adventures as well.

Crovonovin

That could work as well!  If anyone would like to co-develop characters who may have traveled together for awhile, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message.  ;)

Sabriel

I think it would be neat if most if not all of our characters where already acquainted it can be awkward sometimes if nobody knows one another.  I can easily think of reasons why my character would probably know others too, she could of been involved in the resolution of some issue or "adventured" with them before etc. 

I think she could easily be acquainted with an Alchemist too since she dabbles in the craft herself, maybe she might of learned or studied with them or she may just have traded with them in the past.  Perhaps there her go to person now for Alchemical supplies. 

Some of our characters could of course grown up together or around one another so we might be familiar that way hehe.

Senti ill be happy to help you if I can with your character, just poke me about it next time you see me on :)

Crovonovin

I agree wholeheartedly!  One of the biggest brick walls for any online game like this is putting all the characters in their own isolated bubble without any clear reason to work together.  I think it'd be great if my Alchemist was acquainted with everyone in some way or another.  I'm still fleshing out the fluffy details (having basically finished the mechanical side of things), but he's definitely a bit of a wanderer.

Probably because he moonlights as a Snake Oil salesman, and often needs to get the heck out of Dodge when the pitchwork-wielding townsfolk come a-callin'!

Ebb

Shihong, would you consider a partner in crime for your Snake Oil salesman? I was thinking about a bard, using the 'Street Performer' archetype. Someone to draw in and work the crowd, act as a shill, and then cover your retreat when it's time to get out of town by providing a distraction. In the meantime if a couple of purses get cut, well, they probably had it coming.

Crovonovin

That would actually work perfectly!  Perfectly, because my Alchemist has Charisma as a dump stat and couldn't work the crowd to save his life--which he may very well have to do!

He makes the product, your character loosens the purse strings a bit to get the unwitting crowd on his side, and then they beat a hasty retreat before anyone gets wise!

Ebb

Sounds great. I'm flipping through the rules, and leaning toward halfling as a race. I'll ping you back when I have more down. I'll probably need a review and some pointers from those with more Pathfinder experience, but I'll take an initial shot at it first.

That is assuming the concept seems workable to you, Hyena.

Callie Del Noire

I'd offer to play Onyx but she's already in a game. Sooo.. I'll have to find another fighter type to think up.

Ebb

Okay, here's my bard, Jojel:
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506]
[url]http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506
[/url]

Still needs:
- equipment
- a picture

Shihong, if you're willing we could each chip in money toward a wagon and some horses for the traveling snake oil conman show. I'm thinking some kind of big gypsy caravan wagon, with room for the alchemist workbench inside, and maybe a small fold-out stage. It'll give Laughing Hyena something to blow up in the first encounter.

Also, if someone wants to join the operation, possibly as muscle, then it could be that Sabriel's character reaches out to the whole troupe at once when she's in need of help.

Sabriel

It would be neat if the group was already connected with one another, I can easily thing of reasons why my character would probably know such an outfit and even why she might be involved with them.  She might of perhaps offered "legal" support to them in the past and bailed them out of trouble, maybe she might of come to an agreement with them that she would help them with such things if they allow her to travel with her and ask no questions of her job nor speak of her. She would probably pass herself of as a simple barrister and follower of Pholtus who had decided to see the world and seek understanding of other cultures and spread the word.

I am sure it would be easy to think of reasons to create a little traveling troupe with the concept.

Crovonovin

Excellent idea, Ebb!  I have about 200 leftover gold to pitch in for buying a proper wagon and a horse or two to pull it.  Assuming Laughing Hyena doesn't blow it up right out of the gate, it would make an excellent mobile base of operations once the adventure begins and we set off into the greater world.

I would also like to mention that my alchemist is not merely in this for gold (He ultimately ends up spending just about all of it making more potions), and actually does do his best to help those who are truly sick and in need of a cure of some sort.  I'll send you a message soon as to why this is Ebb, since as his long-time business partner I'd think he would have brought it up at least once.

It's just that he also has few qualms over conning a gullible drunkard out of his coin when all that ails him is sobriety and his nagging wife. 

Sabriel

I figured that the people you be conning would likely not be undeserving of it or well could afford to pay for there lack of wisdom, I also suspected you may be putting some real cures and such out there also. My character could provide some services to draw people in also perhaps, she is skilled in some areas that would be useful and she has a leeching kit hehe.  She could always offer up free clean water too which may draw people in, although she might insist that you donate some of the profits to the church occasionally  ;)

So anyway this is my character so far she is pretty much done sheet wise I think, she has a bit of cash spare too, I might consider if there is anything else she needs but some spending money is always good to have.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8505

Ebb

I think having a bit of difference in our outlooks is good. Lucrece could serve as a good conscience for the group, pulling us back on the straight and narrow if Jojel strays a little too far over the line. I also think that healing services and fresh water would be excellent business opportunities.

Looking at your sheet, Sabriel, I had one question. And I'm a relative newcomer to Pathfinder, so possibly I'm off base. It looks like you've spent a lot less on equipment than I did. The only magic item I see is the Haversack (plus potions and such). What number did you use for starting gold? I used 10,500, which I got off of the SRD somewhere, I think, but I don't have it in front of me.

Crovonovin

Alright Ebb, I think I'll take the bulk of the costs and get both the wagon and one horse, if you want to purchase the other?

Sabriel

Really ? odd that is the number I used as well.

She has a few magical items, the bag, the quiver, and some items which are quite expensive (masterwork weapons, special armor). My math could be off but well if it is it will be that i have under spent which I can live with :P

I did list all the costs and use a calculator but I did sort of stop and come back to it so I might have made an error.