The DC Universe Online Thread

Started by AllieCat, January 12, 2011, 11:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqueline

I tried it yesterday and it sucked a lot. The server was lagging so bad that it made the game completely unplayable. I ended up uninstalling it shortly after.

SinXAzgard21

What you have to understand if you are playing on ps3 is that there are only two servers and since it is launched now as f2p everyone and there mother is going to jump on it for a few months then it will die down.  You really can't say the game sucks if you only played for a couple hours and blaming it on lag.  If you are playing it on comp then only thing I need to know is what graphics card you are running.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Cold Heritage

It's the same way for PC. There's just a PvE and PvP server.

But the game doesn't really do a good job of giving you much incentive to keep playing beyond a few initial hours. The level cap is 30, and the powers just aren't that exciting. I've put in probably 20-25 hours between two characters, and I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to be tanking with an ice guy. I don't even know how the power that covers me in ice armour even works.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 08, 2011, 10:45:05 PM
It's the same way for PC. There's just a PvE and PvP server.

But the game doesn't really do a good job of giving you much incentive to keep playing beyond a few initial hours. The level cap is 30, and the powers just aren't that exciting. I've put in probably 20-25 hours between two characters, and I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to be tanking with an ice guy. I don't even know how the power that covers me in ice armour even works.

If you are doing alerts with random people then it is a pain in the ass, no one heals.  I don't understand why but that is sorta what I've figured out thus far.  If you have a decent group like the one I had earlier today, mostly everyone follows you and waits for you to rush a group and use defensive powers to raise aggro, then then they start damaging the shit around.   As far as the power goes you have to use cold snap an number of times before you transform.  The game isn't really new user friendly, you gotta read and hope for a good team for alerts or just play with people you know so that things can be organized. 

Jacqueline

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 08, 2011, 10:38:15 PM
What you have to understand if you are playing on ps3 is that there are only two servers and since it is launched now as f2p everyone and there mother is going to jump on it for a few months then it will die down.  You really can't say the game sucks if you only played for a couple hours and blaming it on lag.  If you are playing it on comp then only thing I need to know is what graphics card you are running.

Yes I can say it, I'm on PC and it's not a problem on my side, everyone was complaining on the chat. It sucks because SOE obviously messed up. They can't handle the amount of players that are online and still the area didn't seem as full as I have seen areas in other games, we were only 20 or so people. So yes, the game does suck because it's unable to handle a large number of players. As for content I don't know, but does it matter? If a game is so laggy that is unplayable then you can't see any content.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Elenwe on November 09, 2011, 05:16:59 AM
Yes I can say it, I'm on PC and it's not a problem on my side, everyone was complaining on the chat. It sucks because SOE obviously messed up. They can't handle the amount of players that are online and still the area didn't seem as full as I have seen areas in other games, we were only 20 or so people. So yes, the game does suck because it's unable to handle a large number of players. As for content I don't know, but does it matter? If a game is so laggy that is unplayable then you can't see any content.

I play on ps3, but the game is also graphics heavy so a lot of people playing are probably running mid to low end graphics cards or even integrated graphics cards.  I get issues playing from 5-8 pm any other time I've not had an issue but those happen to be my best times to play games so it has mostly become a weekend game for me when my wife isn't on duty.  They never expected it to take off like this when it went f2p and they are working on fixing the servers... They really should just add more servers but with the rate of people joining and not subscribing it may not happen.  I guess we'll see.

fancyfictions

I finally got connected today. I'm enjoying it so far. I'll probably bounce between this one and lord of the rings online for a while.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Cold Heritage

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 09, 2011, 02:05:41 PM
I get issues playing from 5-8 pm any other time I've not had an issue but those happen to be my best times to play games so it has mostly become a weekend game for me when my wife isn't on duty. 

Are PS3 and PC playing on the same servers? Like, when I'm playing on PC and it's 1 pm and I'm 5805 in queue am I waiting along with PS3 users?

Sabby

We should probably list our characters here, so we can hook up =3

My Hero is Unit 01, and my Villain is Cutcut. PvE server.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 09, 2011, 07:25:45 PM
Are PS3 and PC playing on the same servers? Like, when I'm playing on PC and it's 1 pm and I'm 5805 in queue am I waiting along with PS3 users?

No, pc and ps3 run different servers.

Cold Heritage

I'm kind of lost as to the relevancy of saying you have no problems when you're playing on a whole different server and all then.

Shjade

Quote from: Sabby on November 09, 2011, 07:29:18 PM
We should probably list our characters here, so we can hook up =3

You probably shouldn't since Off Topic threads are visible to unapproved members.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on November 09, 2011, 11:51:12 PM
You probably shouldn't since Off Topic threads are visible to unapproved members.

It actually isn't personal information, so you can post it if you feel like. 

Capone

I think for something like game characters it might be okay. Maybe.

I'm going to wait a while, but will share my character info once I can get into the swing of the game. As I've said before, once Skyrim comes out, as well as everything on the 15th (Halo: Anniversary, Super Mario 3D Land (the two that get my cash), Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saint's Row: The Third, Need For Speed: The Run, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword...). So once those games are all out, a bunch of people will likely drop DC Universe Online, at least for the time being.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Capone on November 10, 2011, 03:59:59 AM
I think for something like game characters it might be okay. Maybe.

I'm going to wait a while, but will share my character info once I can get into the swing of the game. As I've said before, once Skyrim comes out, as well as everything on the 15th (Halo: Anniversary, Super Mario 3D Land (the two that get my cash), Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saint's Row: The Third, Need For Speed: The Run, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword...). So once those games are all out, a bunch of people will likely drop DC Universe Online, at least for the time being.

Well with Skyrim having 500 playable hours, I'm sure DCUO will be dropped for a long while.