The Sky Knights of Aard - D&D 5e CLOSED

Started by pdragon, March 31, 2023, 03:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

pdragon

Alright everyone, I've narrowed it down to 6 players to start out with. It was difficult given the quality of people's submissions, but after a lot of thinking (and in some cases straight up dice rolling) I think we have a pretty good party lined up.

1. Hexed - Vashe Highroot
2. Shengami - Glynwraek Casilltenirra
3. FoxgirlJay - Kaz Sunbeam
4. Angie - Davvon Goldwhistle
5. c0i9z - Narla
6. Rummy Tum Tum - Coros Yrjinn

Part of me was tempted to just run two games to be able to include everyone...but that's a lot of work, so I don't wanna. If you weren't picked and you'd like to be considered for a potential back up, give me a PM so I can make a record of who's interested. To those who have been chosen I'll be messaging discord invites shortly.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

c0i9z

Crensler

Revelation

Lot of good submissions so no hard feelings or anything like that. Enjoy the game!

shengami

Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Laughing Hyena

All good pdragon. Maybe next time I can join up.

Muse

Looks like a great group.  Have fun everyone. Erm...  Don't die!  I'm not here to heal you!  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Armphid

Good luck, everyone!  You've got a great group and a terrific GM in pdragon.   ;D
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Angie

Name: Heather
Race: Aasimar
Class: Cleric
Background: Outlander
Height: 5' 11
Weight: 178
Mount: Aella the Pegasus

Aella
Pegasus
Armor Class 14
Hit Points: 75
Speed 60 ft., fly 70 ft.
Feats: Combat Mount

STR: 16 (+3)  - DEX: 16 (+3)  - CON:16 (+3)
INT: 10 (+0)  - WIS: 15 (+2)  -  CHA: 13 (+1) 

Saving Throws Dex +5, Wis +4, Cha +3
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Dark Vision 60ft. passive Perception 16
Languages: Understands common and any spoken by rider, can't speak

ACTIONS
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d12 + 3) bludgeoning damage.

Backstory
A lot of Heather's past is a big question mark. Her parents and her true place of birth are unknown to her. She was raised by an orc couple in Gaal Gundren, and was told that she was found in a basket with a small note reading "take care of her". Heather didn't mind and neither did her adoptive parents who had been wanting a child but weren't able to have one of their own. Her silver eyes marked her as a strange child, but her adoptive parents couldn't have cared less-she was their strange little silver eye child and that was all they wanted.

Her parents were explorers, having joined up with a group that was busy mapping the surface. Once she was old enough, she started to accompany them on their explorations, helping to map the War Torn Steppe. As she grew up, she learned how to wield many weapons with particular focus on the brutal ways of the axe from her father and many other orcs, learned the violin from a kindly gnome that assisted with the exploration efforts, and even won a drinking contest at 19 against Nort the Ever-Drinking (an old orc known for his love of beer).

Orcs, however, do not live for long. At least, not as long as Aasimar, or even as long as humans. Her parents grew old and eventually passed and while Heather knew it would happen, that did little to dull the pain. She withdrew from the greater community and began to work on her own, growing in skill as a hunter and navigator.

She offered her knowledge to many, including at one point a man who would one day be king. She had no idea who he was, however, having mostly left Gaal Gundren behind and he was in disguise. Her assistance in guiding him to safety one fateful night would change her life's trajectory soon after, as he built his army. He reached out to her, desperate for anyone who could fight. His sincerity about why he wished to wage this war convinced her to join.

On the war's eve, however, she quickly realized she was no soldier, only a woman capable with an axe. She considered desertion, but something pulled her back. So instead, she looked up to the sky and offered a small prayer: "If any of the Goddesses are listening...please, just help me."

The winds themselves answered.

To hear her tell it, she simply fought as any other soldier would. To hear others tell it, they would tell you a tornado followed her steps, that the winds of Aard threw her enemies aside, that the black storm raged around her. Divine power had touched her that day, as it seemed that Aardia herself had appointed Heather, and by extension, Aslan, as her champions. Heather considers all of this to be extremely fanciful rumors, but she could not deny that there seemed to be some holy power in her swings that day.

After the One Night War and the crowning of King Aslan, she continued to assist by keeping peace and order. Once Gaal was in a more or less stable state, she went off on her own again, this time to seek out priests of Aardia and learn about the power she had been granted. Through her worship, her bond to the goddess of wind deepened, allowing her to channel not just the fury of the storm, but the gentility of a summer breeze as well. Becoming an avatar of both the calm and the storm, she returned to King Aslan and became a knight in his service.

However, it is no secret that her wanderlust has not been dulled or dimmed, as she spends much of her time away from the castle and away from civilization completely. King Aslan has been more or less supportive of this, though one can only wonder how long she can stay around...

Extra Note: She never received a family name from her parents, just "Heather" as it sounded pleasant. Some refer to her as "The Black Storm", she doesn't like that title and actively refutes it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!