Error message

Started by Sherona, August 06, 2008, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

Occasionally navigating the site I get a grey box that says "Internet explorer can not process this page." and I have to click ok, then refresh. It does not happen anywhere else, and its just a recent problem on elliquiy.

It doens't effect my site navigation other then just a bit of an annoyance, otherwise...hmm...?

Greenthorn

Sounds like an explorer problem not related to Elliquiy to be honest...do you spend the same amount of time navigating other sites as you do Elliquiy?

Sherona

I mod other sites as well, so I am usually popping around..its not anything major, just a bit annoying. lol when I use AOL browser i cant get it to refresh, use IE straight and I get error *shakes fist and complicated computer issues!*

Hehe. Ok well thanks for the reply GT, I am computer silly so no clue.

Greenthorn

Try windows update...click on "tools" at the top of explorer..sometimes an update fixes things...or if you're running IE7, the add ons can be buggy (least for me and Vista)

Moondazed

One of the many ways Firefox is better... *giggle*
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

Using IE myself, and never had the problem myself.

Though I'm staying clear of XP/Vista, though, which means I'm stuck with IE 6.x, which ain't bad as I highly dislike IE 7.x.

Moondazed

Have you tried Firefox?  It has awesome extensions, and they're free :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Sherona

Yes but a bit complex for my simple mind. Its ok, I can click ok and refresh. It doesn't happen too often. Thanks for the help guys.

Xillen

Quote from: moondazed on August 10, 2008, 05:06:11 PM
Have you tried Firefox?  It has awesome extensions, and they're free :)

Not sure that was to me, but just in case: I haven't, though I've used NetScape in the past. I don't think IE 6 is all that bad when configured correctly, and I dislike having multiple browsers installed on the same computer, so I'm sticking to IE for now.

Moondazed

Bill Gates thanks you for your support ;)

sleepingferret

Netscape is evil....so is Windows 9x...too many memory leaks.  I like not having to reboot my computer after running memory intensive applications or not having to turn it off everyday.

As for IE, only thing it's good for... www.microsoft.com  and windowsupdate.com, other than that Firefox is better, and honestly less confusing to configure.