News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Xbox Live...help?

Started by Risa, September 17, 2009, 10:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risa

Okay, so to all of you who use Xbox Live (Hopefully a few of you), I have a bit of a dilemma. Now, I haven't signed into my Xbox Live account for quite a while (about a month), and whenever I go to play Guitar Hero 3, it always says "The current Gamer Profile is not enabled for Xbox LIVE multiplayer game play." I mean, I have a Silver membership, do you need Gold to play online? If so, I'm going to have to use another gamertag.

Thanks for helping out,
Risa

Kye

You do need to have a Gold Membership to play online, though you can still download content and have a gamerscore with a silver account. At least that's my understanding of how it works, if I'm wrong someone please correct me!

Risa

Gah, alright then. Thanks for your help. ^^

Kye

DrFier

From what I've been told, you cannot download anything with a silver, but I don't know because I have a gold account.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Lone

No, you can download stuff with a silver account.
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Doomsday

Is it ok if I semi-Hijack? My issue involves XBOX Live as well, though I'm beyond the point of asking for help, just sort of moping and curious if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Let's start in the Summer, say May, or June. I bought a 13 month card of XBOX live, and activated it, so my live subscription will logically run out sometime next summer. I move my gamertag around on different XBOXes a lot, usually via my harddrive or a memory card, though I've found just recovering my GT is pretty nice as well. For those who don't know, gamertag recovery is used to 1.) Get your tag back if you accidentally baleete it, or 2.) Download your tag onto an XBOX (could be your own, or somebody elses). Well it turns out there's issues with manually transferring your gamertag via a harddrive or memory card... It usually corrupts the data. Leaves the actual game data alone from my experience, but ruins the gamertag. No problem if you can recover your gamertag, which I do all the time.

But I tried to recover my GT again about a month ago, in mid August, and I got this error prompt. "Signup for XBOX Live is unavailable at this time, please try again later." I was kind of mad, though it didn't really matter; I could just try again later, right? Well I tried again about 2 weeks ago, and got the same error. On a different XBOX, with a different internet connection, with a different game... etc. I called Microsoft and they basically told me that they don't know jack about shit, so I might be boned out of a 13 month subscription.

Anyone else experience this?

Lone

Yeah, I have heard of it happening. I believe my brother had the same problem.
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Raven41174

See, should have bought a PS3 :P   Free gaming online, built in wi-fi and does not have a 53% failure rate(red ring of death).  But, I can't fault you, because I have both :D
From ashes we were born, and to ashes we shall return

Ons and Offs

Raven has requested indefinite access restriction.

Ryven

I can't play Netflix on a PS3 though :<

Lone

Haha, yep.

PS3 made so little money last year they did a 100 some dollar price-drop, whereas the 360 is still at corprate standards for a system of it's age.

360 = Win.
O n O

Raven41174

laughs, try to play a blueray move on a 360, PS3=win

Ons and Offs

Doomsday

Oh my god, Blue-ray... such a huge difference.

Lady Annabelle

I really don't think the idea of this thread was to turn it into a bickering war between PS3 and 360 fanboys.  Both systems have their faults and their positive notions.  What's the point in arguing when you can own both?  No console is better than the other.

Let us not turn this thread into every single video game website on the internet.

* Lady Annabelle loathes console wars arguments.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Raven41174

true, because I have to admit, I own both and both have their perks and weaknesses.  The only system I don't have so far is Wi

Ons and Offs

Oniya

*wishes that someone would make a console that played ALL the games.  Including the crappy old 8-bit ones that I adore.*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Risa

Alright, I've solved the problem, so I'm going to lock the topic. Thanks for your input, everyone.