News:

Main Menu

Funny moments at work

Started by CheetahInAfrica, October 11, 2011, 04:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheetahInAfrica

Hello people of E :)

I thought we could share our funniest scenes, which we had during work.

I study Math and Physics and work full-time at fast-food-restaurant (you will probably be able to guess which one it is, but I don't want to put it her, because I fear it could be regarded as advertisement, although I can assure you that isn't the case. Since I work there, I would actually do the opposite and tell people to stay the hell out of there lol.).

So I am mostly working night-shifts and some stories are just funny. I will start with a "WTF?"-moment one:

It is Friday night and about 3-4am. 2 men in about their early 30s stand in our door and they speak Russian. Each of them looks drunk and they hold each other by putting an arm around the shoulder of the other one, so both upper bodies are next to each other. They keep talking for a bit and suddenly one of them keeps punching the other one in the stomach, several times in a row until that one hits the ground. He pushes him on the first step of our entrance and lets him rest for a few minutes, then helps him up to their previous position (arm around shoulder) and they come to my cashier-machine and order 2 coffee and go out again.

Just a priceless moment :)

Anyone else has something crazy or funny to tell us, too?  ;)
Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!
Weep and you will weep alone!

The city changes, but the fools within are always the same.

TheGlyphstone

I learned today that the primary healthcare company of the city government I work for abbreviates its name as C.O.B.R.A.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 11, 2011, 08:17:52 PM
I learned today that the primary healthcare company of the city government I work for abbreviates its name as C.O.B.R.A.

G.I. Joe Renegades - Cobra Industries Promo

;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SRT4NightRider

I used to work at a electronics retailer and just before the holidays we were getting the store ready for Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving). Yea the managers on duty lost a bet and wouldn't pay for our dinner (just pizza and soda) so we pushed them thru stacks of printers which we had stacked
For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night. Sing with me, never again!. They aren't lost, you see. The truth will live in me, believe me.

All that I have left inside is a soul that's filled with pride. I tell you, never again! Their depraved societ didn't end up killing me. Scream with me, NEVER AGAIN

WhiteTigerForever

aaaaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha....... I heard my name in the opening topic!  and yea C.O.B.R.A. had been around for a loooooong time as my mother was in H.R. lol  ;D

for me.. funny moments are life in general as I am a stay at home mom... which most definitely has some strong moments of belly holding laughter!  XD
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Xanatos

That's interesting, because the County Healthcare systems where I live is C.O.B.R.A. as well... I wonder if its just a generic thing the Federal government got states to implement.

Oniya

Yeah, COBRA is actually something put in place by the Department of Labor.

It's still funny, though.

OT:  Finding a typo on a label, indicating what surfaces the cleaner can be used on.  I sent in the correction:  On page [X] of the proposed label, the word 'quarts' should be replaced with 'quartz'.  'Quarts' are units of measure.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Oniya on October 14, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
Yeah, COBRA is actually something put in place by the Department of Labor.

It's still funny, though.

OT:  Finding a typo on a label, indicating what surfaces the cleaner can be used on.  I sent in the correction:  On page [X] of the proposed label, the word 'quarts' should be replaced with 'quartz'.  'Quarts' are units of measure.

aaaaaaha ha ha ha ha Oniya, you even left a great link...XD

and omfg... they put quarts instead of quartz!!!!  I Love it..

Back where I used to live for a long time, there used to be this flower shop and my mother and I, as I was still in my 20's, she and I still had quality times then, and they, for years it seems, had an advertisement for a bokay of flowers spelled up in their little letter things you put together.. omg.. I so wanted to ninja that place and hit with the correct spelling in NEON!   "It's BOUQUET you idiots!"... lol.. I understand a mistake, like typos etc. but letting it sit up their for years?  They had no clue how to spell it!!! 

Oniya

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 14, 2011, 07:43:55 PM
aaaaaaha ha ha ha ha Oniya, you even left a great link...XD

and omfg... they put quarts instead of quartz!!!!  I Love it..

I even got a lol from my boss on that one. 

Caehlim

That reminds me of a printed advertising poster I once saw outside a big franchise chain-store, offering a special discounted price on a product "until stocks last"...

Ummm, how many people did that go through to finally get to print and no one spotted that?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

HairyHeretic

In my previous job I used to have to do a monthly report. One of the abbreviations used on it was FAP. There were times it was hard not to smirk seeing FAP FAP FAP in a report :)

At least someone was enjoying it ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Caehlim on October 15, 2011, 09:48:12 AM
That reminds me of a printed advertising poster I once saw outside a big franchise chain-store, offering a special discounted price on a product "until stocks last"...

Ummm, how many people did that go through to finally get to print and no one spotted that?

AAAAAAha ha ha ha ha ha Right?

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 15, 2011, 09:56:41 AM
In my previous job I used to have to do a monthly report. One of the abbreviations used on it was FAP. There were times it was hard not to smirk seeing FAP FAP FAP in a report :)

At least someone was enjoying it ;)

OMG.. no wayyyyyy that is sooooooooo priceless!!!

I have to put this in for that one..lmao!

oh and this is seriously a sign we, my oldest daughter and I took when she was here visiting me at a very expensive 4 star hotel... I could understand if it was old, poor and run down.. but this was a pristine and amazing hotel...and low and behold.. I.. me... saw this sign and we just haaaad to take a pic of it.. lmao..

CheetahInAfrica

Hehehe, some really funny scenes you guys told so far :)

One more from me:

It is around 6am and we are closed since 5am. We are pretty much done with the cleaning and are about to call it a day and go home, when we hear someone knocking on our door (glass). We look there and see 2 drunkards who want to be let in. We just point on our watches on our arms and turn around and slowly move towards the shiftleader's office. Suddenly my colleague loudly says "Mohammed...We are getting peed on!". I turn around and see how one of those drunkards is pissing on our door and good God, he did a good job! Haven't seen anyone pee that long and much, his parents must be proud of him. He didn't react to us pointing to the cameras, which are pointed to the frontdoor, he just kept happily peeing.
Mohammed, our shiftleader, didn't care and just said "Let the early shift deal with it" and we left through the backdoor :D
Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!
Weep and you will weep alone!

The city changes, but the fools within are always the same.