The 7 Artifacts [DnD 3.5ish][New recruits, now starting a quest]

Started by BigBuckBob, December 05, 2008, 02:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far eyes

I am prty shore the DM mentioned 1300gp
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Elven Sex Goddess

The chart reference is on page 135 in the Dungeon Master Guide [DMG]

2    900
3   2700
4   5400
5   9000
6  13000
7  19000
8  27000
9  36000
10  49000
11  66000
12  88000
13 110000
14 150000
15 200000
16 260000
17 340000
18 440000
19 580000
20 760000

Far eyes

Erm yes I am aware. I have the books to several actually but it also mentions something like at the dms discretion. Like everything ells in the DMG it’s a guideline :)
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Mystic Dragon

DM's discretion, or "Rule Zero" is not absolute(Despite claims to the contrary). 3.5's CR system is linked to the gold chart posted(And you might want to scrub that, Ash- I don't think it's part of the open content). A martial class cannot compete with similar level monsters without appropriate magic gear. If the 1400 gold was enforced, I would have to alter my built to a caster to not have an underpowered character, unless Bob sends us critters that are CR -2.

19,000 gold is not that much. You can't even get a ring of invisibility with it.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

BigBuckBob

I'm going to feign competency and say I left out a zero when I thought up that number.

Either way, once it was brought to my attention just how low it was, I did say to go ahead and ignore it.

Also- So far everything is reasonable, as I asked.

Far eyes- Go ahead and switch to the 19,000 gold benchmark and get yourself something shiney.

Asherah- Go ahead and pick your magics. So far I haven't said no, what are the cahnces I'll start now.

Everyone- Finish your character before posting anything you left out. Once I start the game I stop being a push over. Unless you make me go 'interesting idea'
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Mystic Dragon

;D

We like reasonable. We like fair. At least, I do.

Far eyes

A/A

Kawamura

I've unfortunately never played DnD before. Anyone have online resources for a newbie?
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
  --  Richard P. Feynman

Ons and Offs!

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Kawamura on December 19, 2008, 03:01:50 PM
I've unfortunately never played DnD before. Anyone have online resources for a newbie?

A lot of it is open content(http://www.d20srd.org/), but unless you've played an RPG before, it might be a little overwhelming. Lots of number crunching. Feel free to ask those of us who have played whatever questions you have.

Kawamura

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
  --  Richard P. Feynman

Ons and Offs!

Spider

BigBuckBob

There is always room for jello.

Also, a ranger.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

BigBuckBob

I feel we need another character. We had one drop out and one poster that is on a different schedule then the rest. leaving us with two.

And if it might help get a player, your current task would be to activate a portal that would return two naked women to the area you are standing in.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Myrleena

Out of curiosity, are you still at level 7?  I might be interested, and I'm familiar with the system. (I've GMed 3.5 for 6 years now, running an average of 2 games a week.)  I'd also like to find out a bit more about the world before making a decision.

BigBuckBob

Feel free to take a look at the thread for an idea of how things have progressed thus far.

No leveling has yet occurred. They seem to be avoiding the dangerous places where I keep the good xp.

And ask any questions you wish.

ooc/character sheets
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=25679.0

Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=26252.0
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Myrleena

When do you typically post on the game?  I have a potential character concept, but it's based somewhat off the Thrall to Malcanthet prestige class in a Dragon Magazine.  I'd have to hunt down the specific magazine number.  If you don't know, Malcanthet is the Demon Lord of Succubi, Lust, and Trickery.  I can PM you the character history I have if you'd like. (I played the character in a single session a while back.)

Spider

Hey... dying is bad for leveling ;P Running head long into traps isnt a good thing

ShamshielDF

If there's room for one more I would be happy to join ^_^  I've been talking with Myrleena about her character a bit and she said that it sounded like you were looking for one more.  I believe that she sent you the history/background for her character?  If you've read it, I'm thinking of playing her "sister", using the guidelines in Savage Species...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Mystic Dragon

O.o

Oooo! Another monster! What species would that be?

ShamshielDF

That would be spoiling the fun, though, wouldn't it?  I mean, just because my SO is playing the follower of a demon lord with numerous family issues doesn't that her sister has issues!  She was (until her untimely death) just your every day elven royalty.  And just because her story starts "like so many of my friends, my story starts when I died..."

All that being said, Savage Species has guidelines for playing monsters, leveling them up as you go until, at some level, they are a fully developed something.  In this case, she would be a 7th level succubus...er...elf bard!  Elf bard!  I meant to say elf bard!!!
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

BigBuckBob

I posted in the ooc, and I'll post it here. Starting a side quest to keep new characters entertained until the original group comes out of the tomb. I need to double check if I still have the pm's of interest.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

TickTockMan

I'm entirely interested in playing if you still have any space.

I'm pretty quick when it comes to creating characters. I can get one done in a day or so, if I'm in.

Oh, and are Artificers allowed?
"You don't respect those people very much, Y.T., because you're young and arrogant. But I don't respect them much either, because I'm old and wise."

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

TickTockMan

"You don't respect those people very much, Y.T., because you're young and arrogant. But I don't respect them much either, because I'm old and wise."