Virtually Irresistible Real Life Lounge (OOC)

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 27, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Saffron on November 13, 2012, 01:21:48 PM
This is why they make Skype and Google+ Hangouts. :P

Obviously we would use Skype (or Mumble for the voice chat), but how would you handle the game board/drawing of cards?  Whoever has the actual game would have to have a scanner, and perhaps a streaming camera.  Would it be something similar to rpg.net?

Remiel

I suppose that, e.g. if we played Munchkin, we could all get our own deck and then just draw from each one in turn.  Pandemonium!

Breathless Intent

I would love to play Once Upon A Time with you guys. It would be ridiculously funny....

Trieste

I kind of want to play Lunch Money with you guys.

While drunk, if possible.

Valerian

There's a site called... Octagon, I think... that's set up specifically for people to play card games of a couple of different kinds.  There's a virtual deck for players to draw from, an area that only you can see for your cards, etc.  It supports Magic, I know, but I'm not sure what else.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Just as a note,

Quote from: Saffron on November 13, 2012, 02:36:55 PM
It's been over 48 hours since the round began, so I imagine we will be moving forward soon. Last call for changes or votes.

It takes A&A about 48 hours to get most of its votes together, and VI has more than twice the players at this point as A&A has. Probably 48 hours is a little low of a bar for a game of VI's size just now.

Aadreal

Ugh! Stop posting linkies I'll forget to check when I get home!

Valerian

Quote from: Trieste on November 13, 2012, 03:04:29 PM
It takes A&A about 48 hours to get most of its votes together, and VI has more than twice the players at this point as A&A has. Probably 48 hours is a little low of a bar for a game of VI's size just now.
Yeah, even after losing a few players, this is still larger than the largest game I ever tried running, and it was scary sometimes, trying to wrangle a vote from everyone those first several rounds.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on November 13, 2012, 03:04:04 PM
There's a site called... Octagon, I think... that's set up specifically for people to play card games of a couple of different kinds.  There's a virtual deck for players to draw from, an area that only you can see for your cards, etc.  It supports Magic, I know, but I'm not sure what else.

Is this what you were referring to, Val?

yugi006

Looks at the votes and am like wow.Where was everyone before I was voted off?

Galactic Druid

I'm a little late to the board game discussion, but I've got to say, Betrayal at the House on the Hill is my all time fav. Once the mafia games are wrapped up, I'm planning on running it here on E!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Peripherie

*yawns* It's a little late in general..   *clicks on the link to figure out what Guy is talking about*
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

yugi006

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on November 14, 2012, 01:47:59 AM
I'm a little late to the board game discussion, but I've got to say, Betrayal at the House on the Hill is my all time fav. Once the mafia games are wrapped up, I'm planning on running it here on E!

That game is absolutely awesome. I have it but haven't played through all of the scenarios yet. It would be fun to do something like that here on E.

Galactic Druid

It took me ages, but I have managed to remake every game tile in GIMP, as well as a master template so i can make a map. They aren't super pretty, but they will work.

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on November 13, 2012, 09:44:17 PM
Is this what you were referring to, Val?
Yes, that!  I have it at home, set up for playing Magic with my friends, though we don't use it a lot anymore.  It's very basic, but it does the job.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

So I've been thinking about possibly putting together an Elliquiy Game Night on IRC and/or Mumble.   For the sake of simplicity, for the initial session we would play something that wouldn't require dice or a board.

Something like Say Anything. It's more of a party game, as opposed to a dice-and-miniatures game.   (Watch Wil Wheaton play Say Anything with a few of his friends here.)  If it's successful, however, I might look into investigating more complex games, such as Last Night on Earth, possibly using Octgn.

Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Trieste

I dunno... a game night doesn't seem complete to me without Star Wars Monopoly... Mr. Trieste somehow always lands on Dagobah and turns it into Yoda's Pimpin' Palace.

It's even better with rum.

Ryven

Quote from: Trieste on November 14, 2012, 05:01:52 PM
I dunno... a game night doesn't seem complete to me without Star Wars Monopoly... Mr. Trieste somehow always lands on Dagobah and turns it into Yoda's Pimpin' Palace.

This needs to happen.

Trieste

The equivalent of hotels in our version is Star Destroyers - he's had them stacked on the Dagobah huts (which are the first little properties right after 'go'... don't remember what they are in traditional Monopoly) like one on top of the other.

Trieste

And he does this fake Yoda voice the WHOLE TIME afterwards. "Come for the wings, you do, but stay for the naughty! Mmm, yess!" Or whatever he says. I don't even remember. I'm usually too drunk.

Autumn Sativus

As an aside, it would greatly be appreciated if you are sending PMs about the game that you add 'VI' or 'Virtually Irresistible' to the title (if not already there) so that they make their way into the correct labels.

Muchos gracias. :-)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Peripherie

Quote from: Trieste on November 14, 2012, 05:01:52 PM

Coconut run with diet coke and lime and I'm there.

Also, I <3 monopoly. (Even though I'm more familiar with the British Version as its the one I had at home.)

Trieste

Oh my god, yes! We actually favor Parrot Bay... We go for the 90 proof stuff when we're feeling particularly like lushes. ;D

Peripherie

Um...  I would probably just get to take a sniff of that. Normally one rum and coke (with mostly coke) and I'm tipsy with a headache... :P

And Remiel, I just watched that entire episode of Tabletop. *must play now*