Very old threads suddenly marked unread?

Started by Oniya, May 09, 2010, 06:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I was just going through my unread posts, and somehow it's picking up every birthday thread that I ever commented in?  Anyone else having a similar problem, or did I somehow do this to myself?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HockeyGod

Hmmm...well the birthday threads were all moved into a sub-board and I noticed whenever a board is created it assumes you want updates in this thread. If you are using the "Show unread posts since last visit" you need to go into your profile and add the new birthday sub-board to your ignore list.

Oniya

Aha!  So it was the fact that they were moved.  Makes sense, and I don't need to actually ignore it now.

Was just confuzzled.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Paradox

There's an ignore list? You mean I can actually opt out of receiving updates about those stupid "what would do to the avatar" and other dumb socializing games that I made the mistake of posting in a long time ago!? Tell me how!

Edit-- Nevermind. I found the option in the profile, though I had hoped it would allow a user to block specific threads instead of entire boards. Oh well.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

HockeyGod

Yep, that feature is only boards. You can get a low-down on bookmarking and unread posts in the tutorial:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65965.0

Paradox

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Lithos

If it was not possible, google wars thread would have driven me insane long ago :p

But yes, thread moves do mark the posts in it as unread. Even if it is a bit odd I do not see it as big problem, as it happens so very rarely.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Oniya

It's the fact that it is so rare that made the appearance confusing.  All straightened out now :-)