Way of the Wicked (PF game) seeks 2+ characters - Just reached Big Game Status!

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 16, 2016, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I'm interested in signing up with the mansion group. Just gotta put a thing together  ;D

Ron Don Volante

I think I'd like to join the first group if possible. Two bards in one party always tends to reduce power too much that and being the only bard would give my Diva more attention ;)
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 08:14:21 AM
I think I'd like to join the first group if possible. Two bards in one party always tends to reduce power too much.

Yeah, that is probably for the best, it could have worked if you were a multiclassing melee bard, but even then the Northern adventure is probably a better fit.

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 20, 2016, 08:12:21 AM
I'm interested in signing up with the mansion group. Just gotta put a thing together  ;D

Both groups are mansion groups, one went North the other is heading, less north, but still within Talingarde. Some players are just joining the group without heading to the mansion first, they will sign their contracts later.

HopeFox

I'm happy to go with either party - whatever suits party balance and the needs of the story best.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

MiraMirror

If I didn't think I was so awful at playing evil, I'd probably try to join up on this.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 09:01:58 AM
If I didn't think I was so awful at playing evil, I'd probably try to join up on this.

Well if you think it would help, maybe we could work something out with the other PCs, having your character start out good, being captured and then corrupted by the other PCs.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 09:50:27 AM
  Well if you think it would help, maybe we could work something out with the other PCs, having your character start out good, being captured and then corrupted by the other PCs.

Yeah, this is definate possible angle. One player candidate (who sadly dropped soon as she joined) was to be healslut. A good faithful healer (a oracle with curse where it cannot break oath/promise) but through circumstance winds up as sort slave for the evil group and then corrupted to evil.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 20, 2016, 12:23:37 PM
Yeah, this is definate possible angle. One player candidate (who sadly dropped soon as she joined) was to be healslut. A good faithful healer (a oracle with curse where it cannot break oath/promise) but through circumstance winds up as sort slave for the evil group and then corrupted to evil.

Oooh. I tried to make a character for a game like this once, but I was a bit turned off by the whole "Your character must be evil at the start, and must be guilty of whatever crime he/she committed. I had an idea for someone who ended up committing some horrifying crime for the sake of her sister, perhaps to cover for aforementioned sister's own crime and take credit for it (therefore saving the sister), but the DM wouldn't let that fly because of the rules.  I've never heard the term healslut before, and admittedly, I'm not used to playing sexually experienced/active characters, but I might be able to give it a shot?

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

CurvyKitten

I have two ideas, a female barbarian and a rogue. I'm thinking human, or halfing, maybe a cursed elf turned into a halfling (extra need for vengeance!) LOL wondering what you still have room for though?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 12:47:35 PM
Oooh. I tried to make a character for a game like this once, but I was a bit turned off by the whole "Your character must be evil at the start, and must be guilty of whatever crime he/she committed. I had an idea for someone who ended up committing some horrifying crime for the sake of her sister, perhaps to cover for aforementioned sister's own crime and take credit for it (therefore saving the sister), but the DM wouldn't let that fly because of the rules.  I've never heard the term healslut before, and admittedly, I'm not used to playing sexually experienced/active characters, but I might be able to give it a shot?

You don't have to be a healslut character, that was just an example of a character in the party who wasn't herself evil, at least not yet. The sister idea of yours could work for example, or something new.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 20, 2016, 01:06:05 PM
I have two ideas, a female barbarian and a rogue. I'm thinking human, or halfing, maybe a cursed elf turned into a halfling (extra need for vengeance!) LOL wondering what you still have room for though?

Yeah I should, I'd want to take this opportunity to bulk up both parties so there's still room, and a small character would be fun to include in one of the groups.

MiraMirror

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
  You don't have to be a healslut character, that was just an example of a character in the party who wasn't herself evil, at least not yet. The sister idea of yours could work for example, or something new.

Well, the biggest problem I see with the sister idea is that, yes, she did willingly commit the crime, so she is guilty, but I don't see why she'd continue fighting. Sure, there's self-preservation, but I don't know if that's enough.  The healslut bit you mentioned at least has the idea that they're unwilling, but they get corrupted so they have a reason to continue.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if we go healslut route for you, you need be okay with that your char is going to face a non-consensual sexual encounter (which is meant to step her into corruption; become addicted for sex and for her role as a slave who heals bad guys). Initially she may be accidentally oathbound to heal bad guys (as part of a sacred oath of service which she sadly does for bad guys without knowing their true natures and breaking the oath is worser than anything else she can imagine). But then later she heals bad guys not because she was oathsworn for it (albeit it can still be there) but also grow into liking it (or rather the sexual treatment she gets).

So playing healslut is to play very sexually active char, just wanting make that clear and check your okay in playing such role :).

MiraMirror

I'm totally fine with non-con encounters. I think the biggest thing is just that playing the healslut doesn't sound all that engaging/exciting, I guess. I'm fine with playing a character that steps into corruption, but that particular concept doesn't seem that exciting to me.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 02:08:59 PM
Well, the biggest problem I see with the sister idea is that, yes, she did willingly commit the crime, so she is guilty, but I don't see why she'd continue fighting. Sure, there's self-preservation, but I don't know if that's enough.  The healslut bit you mentioned at least has the idea that they're unwilling, but they get corrupted so they have a reason to continue.

There's self preservation yes. If she is wanted for a crime she might not be able to survive on herself whilst also evading the authorities (no survival skills to live off the land, no social skills to hide in a community) so she may stay with the party out of self preservation, and would need to fight to earn her keep. Another idea is the contract. At this point in the story the current characters, and most new ones, have signed a contract that they will fight against Talingarde. Your character could have ended up at the mansion, was offered a contract and accuratly read that refusing to sign it wasn't really an option. The master of the house had already revealed that he was the last High Priest of Asmodeus on the island. the church of Mitra thinks they are all dead, so once you know that they can't really risk letting you go.

Alternativly your sister or brother could be one of the new PCs, if you can work something out that that. Also she may not be guilty of the crime. As you said, she could have taken credit for something she didn't do to save a younger sibling, giving them a second chance (which they may very well have wasted).

MiraMirror

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
  There's self preservation yes. If she is wanted for a crime she might not be able to survive on herself whilst also evading the authorities (no survival skills to live off the land, no social skills to hide in a community) so she may stay with the party out of self preservation, and would need to fight to earn her keep. Another idea is the contract. At this point in the story the current characters, and most new ones, have signed a contract that they will fight against Talingarde. Your character could have ended up at the mansion, was offered a contract and accuratly read that refusing to sign it wasn't really an option. The master of the house had already revealed that he was the last High Priest of Asmodeus on the island. the church of Mitra thinks they are all dead, so once you know that they can't really risk letting you go.

Alternativly your sister or brother could be one of the new PCs, if you can work something out that that. Also she may not be guilty of the crime. As you said, she could have taken credit for something she didn't do to save a younger sibling, giving them a second chance (which they may very well have wasted).

I'm imagining this character as someone who would do anything to protect their sibling, anything at all.  If one of the other PCs was that sibling and somehow wound up with the current party/parties, she would stop at nothing to protect her, helping the baddies even while trying to convince the sibling to escape.  The original idea I had was that the sibling did commit a crime, something that would have been enough to land her sibling in prison. MC would have done anything to draw attention to herself, committing an even greater crime that could have been connected to the original one, in order for the guards to suspect her.  All this, to clear suspicion from her sibling.  She would willingly take up the mantle of "evil" to keep the sibling out of trouble.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 02:56:07 PM
I'm imagining this character as someone who would do anything to protect their sibling, anything at all.  If one of the other PCs was that sibling and somehow wound up with the current party/parties, she would stop at nothing to protect her, helping the baddies even while trying to convince the sibling to escape.  The original idea I had was that the sibling did commit a crime, something that would have been enough to land her sibling in prison. MC would have done anything to draw attention to herself, committing an even greater crime that could have been connected to the original one, in order for the guards to suspect her.  All this, to clear suspicion from her sibling.  She would willingly take up the mantle of "evil" to keep the sibling out of trouble.

That should work well, though it obviously eaves a lot of details blank until your sister can be found. Hopefully something can be worked out with another player, if not your sister can be an NPC, I have an idea for how to handle that.

What about mechanics? Any idea what class you'd want to play?

Ron Don Volante

Are we using the house rule mentioneed int he preview PDF of two extra skill points per level?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

MiraMirror

For the time being, no, but I am looking around.  Part of me wants to use an Aasimar, just for the whole "angels/celestial blood doesn't always mean pure" deal.

For a class, I'm unsure.    I was thinking that if I was going to have a slightly unhinged sister who would do anything for sibling's sake, she might be willing to give up her body to some infernal power as well.  I'm not terribly familiar with the more evil classes,  so I'm definitely browsing.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Are we using the house rule mentioneed int he preview PDF of two extra skill points per level?

Whilst that may be added at a later date, it is note currently being used. The "Fast Learner" feat for free was meant as a replacement for this.

Ron Don Volante

I also need to pick a region where she's famous. Or, perhaps easier, you can just let me know where it is and what it's name is?

QuoteAt 1st level, a Diva may choose a region where she is famous, and within that region, the locals are more likely to react favorably toward her. The bard gains a bonus on Bluff and Intimidate checks in that area and to influence people from that area.

At 1st level, this region is a settlement or settlements with a total population of 1,000 or fewer people, and the modifier on Bluff and Intimidate checks is +1.

MingMing

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 04:25:27 PM
  Whilst that may be added at a later date, it is note currently being used. The "Fast Learner" feat for free was meant as a replacement for this.
Just curious, since that's a big benefit, are human characters getting anything to make up for the fact other races are getting their racial benefit?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Ron Don Volante

I assumed they stacked (humans get +2 skill points and +1 HP per level).

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:26:59 PM
I also need to pick a region where she's famous. Or, perhaps easier, you can just let me know where it is and what it's name is?

The guide to Talingarde doesn't concern itself with such small settlements, the smallest named settlement has 1,200, so feel free to invent a place. The major areas of the realms are
The Cambrian Ports - The cultural and trade centre of the kingdom.
The Heartlands - The breadbasket of the kingdom.
The Borderlands - The northern edge of Talingarde, folk here are a little rougher as the land is less bountiful, but Mitra's grace still shines upon them.

Quote from: MingMing on July 20, 2016, 04:27:47 PM
Just curious, since that's a big benefit, are human characters getting anything to make up for the fact other races are getting their racial benefit?

Fast learner is a feat that grants 2 favoured class bonuses / level instead of just one, human's don't get the benefits by default so the house rule buffs them just as much. Whilst Fast Leaner is a bonus only feat and thus is slightly more valuable to non-humans, to me that doesn't seem to be a big enough of an issue to give humans extra stuff over.

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:34:55 PM
I assumed they stacked (humans get +2 skill points and +1 HP per level).

Correct, though do note that you can also choose to take your racial favoured class options on one side if you wish.

MingMing

Heya I am a bit confused, is there one bard already in game or two?

I ask because I tend to favor bards myself... though in this case, it'd be more of a self-buff melee bard...
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)