Waiting for Godot, but RP partners would do as well

Started by CountessJess, November 03, 2010, 10:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountessJess

This is a request thread. I'm putting ideas up. I can't think of a clever way to start this off, so I shan't. Let's carry on.

Please send me a PM rather than post a reply to this thread. I'd much rather keep my inbox full than make this thread messy.

Time: I am at GMT+0:00. It's a nice timing to be at, at least in comparison to where I used to be. I am pretty free, my university courses give me ungodly hours of free time (I'm not even sure why my fees are so much if I have so few classes), so I can post like, whenever. I understand if you can't, so in essence what I am saying is that time is of little issue to me. But if you're going to only be posting like, once a month or something strange like that, do let me know.

Post lengths/grammar: My first posts tend to be somewhat long, as things continue they end up being like two to three paragraphs. I think this about average for E, as far as I know, so I hope that my partner posts something like that. Also, for grammar, I'm not especially fussy, and I know that I make mistakes too. But, you know, at least try to maintain some semblance of standard. If your posts are riddled with mistakes like they've been sitting in front of a machine gun, well, please don't PM me.

Limits: I have none, outside of scat and furries. Makes me feel like a sexual criminal already. Feel free to be as violent or as lewd with me outside of those.

On storylines: I like going for an average of 70% plot to 30% smut. I just like there to be some context to them copulations. I mean, as much as some people might find it arousing, I find it a bit excessive when people get naked for someone they've met for five minutes. Plot and background is quite a fetish for me, unf unf unf.

That brings me to my next point: worldbuilding. I absolutely love this to little bits, and I'd like there to be a fair bit of it when we discuss our roleplay. For that reason, I've left a lot of the details of the plots below open, and I'd like to work with my partner to make them much more fleshed out. Things like political systems, state of technology, background histories, religious influences, that sort of thing.

I play the F in MxF and FxF. MxM I am unfamiliar with, but don't mind trying, if the plot calls for it, but I'd much rather not dabble with it unless there really seems to be a reason to have such gender roles. I also tend towards being a sub, but I can manage a bit of a switch, I've just never ever been able to dom properly when I've tried.

Alrighty, on to the plots.

InquisitorxVampire/Werewolf/Censured Mage/Something

A few months ago I was discussing a vague setting outline with some guy who then proceeded to disappear off the face of E. It was nice while it lasted, so I'd like to throw this idea out. Basically, the story's set in a steampunkish, magitechish world of airships and clockwork machines and other brass scientific advancements. The cities of the world are oases in a massive, continent-spanning forest that makes ground travel dangerous. Cities rise up rather than spread out, with the slums at the bottom and the aristocracy/clergy at the top. Supernatural creatures stalk the lands, often entering these cities in search of prey and other nasties. The church's inquisition has been around for a long time, with its mandate shifting from heretics to supernatural horrors over time. The basic premise is that an inquisitor has to drag a supernatural being across the continent without being caught, and over time they come to a basic consensus and agreement and feels. In between they'll have philosophical discussions and hatesex.

That's the basic framework. I'd want to discuss a lot of things, like the view of the inquisition, of supernaturals, the role of magic in society, the level of technology, that sort of thing, before we get started. Because, you know, worldbuilding.

Fate

I've wanted to do a plot in the vein of the Fate/Whatever series for a while yet, but thus far for some reason they've never gotten off the ground. I'd still love to get one started – the whole dynamic of the setting is something that really attracts me. It'd be in a completely different Grail War, with a new set of masters and servants. I'm not against using some of the existing canon servants, since it's difficult to find historical/mythical characters for all of them (everyone wants Simo Haya as their sniper, for instance) but let's discuss things.

Secret War

In a more science fiction-ish vein, I'd like to do something in the near future, somewhat transhuman setting like in Deus Ex or to a lesser extent Xcom setting. Conspiracy theories have always been a pet interest of mine (the world government string-pulling kind, not the lizardmen orgiest black helicopter kinds). There's a lot of stupid stuff out there, but a lot of incredibly stuff on the topic, like Eco's Foucault's Pendulum or the aforementioned Deus Ex.

In any case, I'd like there to be that sort of near future high tech setting with world conspiracies, and our characters are involved in it somehow – one of us is part of an organization that seeks to uncover and expose such shady groups, the other is a mole within said organization who is attempting to subvert their operations/convert their leadership to his illuminati/templar/etc's control. This one has the capacity to get pretty dark, and I'd like it to be – with the secret society character being successful in the mission and seeing how it goes from there between him/her and the former character after the betrayal. Gosh, words are hard.

cirdanf

www.f-list.net/c/cirdan

Check for nice insight :)

CountessJess

Bump for the Bump God!

...because of complete overhaul =)

Xenophile

F-F-F-FortyKay?  :o

I would absolutely love to do something involving a Warhammer 40,000 setting!
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Featherfall

CountessJess

Bumpity bump by small ideas infused with current cravings ;)

CountessJess

CountessJess