News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Wyrd

*Cries while rocking back in forth* It was... just so bad... And i don't mean like the Nintendo power glove bad, I mean like Final Fantasy 13 bad! Two Worlds bad.
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

It looks like everything I expected of it... you silly, silly people ^^ expecting it to be good.

Wyrd

I knew it would flop somehow, but man... This was... *Sigh...* sorta depressing. I got rewarded for reaching in a toilet and picking up a random piece of shit. More like picking up a copy of Duke Nukem. Good thing I rented this for 10 bucks. Still feel ripped
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 15, 2011, 11:10:50 PM
Never had any intention to :P
Ditto. No game that takes that long to come out is ever good. No game.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

Hmm. To get FEAR 3 or not to. I can't decide whether it looks good ( about as good as FEAR2 anyway ) or like crap. And I don't know if co-op mode is the main game. Because that would take a lot of the fear out of it.

Tonalberry

Got DA: Origins, the Ultimate Edition off Steam, and I started playing Leliana's Song.  So far, it seems like a nice little origin for Leliana.  Also got Spiral Knights off of Steam, a free little mmo.   seems neat.

Wolfy

playing the free to play stuff on Steam, mostly Champions Online. :p

Tonalberry

How badly has CO been chopped up when it went F2P?  All the good stuff taken out?

Wolfy

Quote from: Tonalberry on June 16, 2011, 04:43:54 PM
How badly has CO been chopped up when it went F2P?  All the good stuff taken out?

Actually no.

Most of the content is still in. They made making your own Character power sets and stuff a premium thing, but other than that, everything is fine so far. Some costume pieces have to be bought in the cash shop, but most of the things in it are Cosmetic, except for the Adventure Packs, which you won't even need to worry about until like you hit max level, somthing that's easily doable in the free to play content.

Tonalberry

Hmm, I might have to give it a try then.  I was in the beta for DCUO, but didn't bother in getting it after it came out.  And I played City of Heroes for a bit a few years ago.

Wolfy

Sooo

Fear 1 and 2...worth it?

Steam currently has a Deal for Fear 1 and 2, and all their respective DLC, for just $10.

Ooh yeah, Inky, that's the other great thing about steam. All the deals. o3o

Seriously, there are half-off sales on games all the time, and they are usually really good games that are popular. (Not Triple A Titles, perhaps, but still good games)

dready

Won't have enough money to play anything other than minecraft and portal 2 for the weekend.

In other news, I made a smaller version of the space shuttle from nasa out of dirt shooting into the clouds which are made of wool and the rocket exhaust is a mixture of cobblestone and lava fountains.

Also, pistons mang.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on June 16, 2011, 09:44:53 PM
Sooo

Fear 1 and 2...worth it?

Steam currently has a Deal for Fear 1 and 2, and all their respective DLC, for just $10.

Ooh yeah, Inky, that's the other great thing about steam. All the deals. o3o

Seriously, there are half-off sales on games all the time, and they are usually really good games that are popular. (Not Triple A Titles, perhaps, but still good games)

FEAR1 is amazing. FEAR2 is less amazing, but still good in my opinion. The DLC for FEAR2 I haven't played, the ones for FEAR1 are so-so. If you're looking for new games and you've got the cash, I'd get the collection. FEAR1 is probably worth it alone.

Swashbuckler

I have totally fallen in love with Halo: Reach again.   All it took was the annoucement of Halo 4 and a revamped co-op playable Halo: Combat Evolved to get me juiced up.

And with the rebirth of my Live Gold account, I am discovering multiplayer (and how much I suck...lol)

Sabby

Well, I got my PS3 and PC. Borrowed some games. Infamous is as awesome as I remember it, Killzone 2 looks amazing but I fucking hate the PS3 controller for shooters, especially when they use the stick for zoom instead of the trigger... uhg x.x

Got GTA4 downloading for PC. Guna hook it up with the 1st person and bullet time mods, make it like Fear =3 plus Infamous 2 is in the mail.

Wolfy

Downloading Fear 1 and 2 right now.

also picked up Beat Hazard Ultra and Magic the Gathering 2012.

abandoneddolly

noe Im wondering If I should waste ten dollars  on fears

Inkidu

F.E.A.R. 1 was simply fantastic, F.E.A.R. 2 kind of tries too hard but still ends on a very high note, but I'm with Hemingway. Co-op? Really? Though it looks like you play one real guy and the other guy is some Paxton Feddle kind of psycho apparition. I'm not holding my breath.

Playing: Nothing. Wasteland, need games. Now I'm just trying to get all the achievements I possibly can. Finally finished off Metro 2033. I could do Dante's Inferno, Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol. However, my collection is starting to get on my nerves. I think I'll go find Jade Empire and beat it for the umpteenth millionth time.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on June 17, 2011, 06:01:45 PM
F.E.A.R. 1 was simply fantastic, F.E.A.R. 2 kind of tries too hard but still ends on a very high note, but I'm with Hemingway. Co-op? Really? Though it looks like you play one real guy and the other guy is some Paxton Feddle kind of psycho apparition. I'm not holding my breath.

Playing: Nothing. Wasteland, need games. Now I'm just trying to get all the achievements I possibly can. Finally finished off Metro 2033. I could do Dante's Inferno, Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol. However, my collection is starting to get on my nerves. I think I'll go find Jade Empire and beat it for the umpteenth millionth time.

Psh, you should get steam and buy all of the indie games on there...some quality stuff, I swears.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on June 17, 2011, 06:01:45 PM

The main character, I suppose, is the Point Man from FEAR. And yeah, the other person plays Paxton Fettel. I wouldn't mind if that was like a side campaign. If the main solo campaign has you teaming up, though, that just ... like I said, it would make the game considerably less scary. And FEAR was scary. FEAR2 wasn't as scary, but .. still.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on June 17, 2011, 06:12:19 PM
The main character, I suppose, is the Point Man from FEAR. And yeah, the other person plays Paxton Fettel. I wouldn't mind if that was like a side campaign. If the main solo campaign has you teaming up, though, that just ... like I said, it would make the game considerably less scary. And FEAR was scary. FEAR2 wasn't as scary, but .. still.
FEAR 2 wasn't scary in the close sense, but if you take it with the universe, it's God-damned terrifying in its implications. So not horror-movie scary, but oh my God what a world kind of scary.

I really enjoyed it and was unsettled deeply by it, and that's just a more subconscious form of fear. 

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on June 17, 2011, 06:48:14 PM
FEAR 2 wasn't scary in the close sense, but if you take it with the universe, it's God-damned terrifying in its implications. So not horror-movie scary, but oh my God what a world kind of scary.

I really enjoyed it and was unsettled deeply by it, and that's just a more subconscious form of fear.

Well, it does have some disturbing scenes. The ending comes to mind as probably one of the more disturbing endings in any game ever. But no, there are few of the terrifying moments from the original. Man, I don't want to spoil my favorite moments, but there are some really great ones. Some that are just terrifying without really having anything jump at you ( well, there's one where something appears out of nowhere, but not in a menacing way - still scary as all hell ), some are just plain weird. Like, if you ever somehow forgot which game you were playing, those moments would remind you, because I've never seen anything like it.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Like the scene where you get in an elevator and hit the button, but instead of it moving, you fall through the floor, into a pool of blood and through it, and suddenly you're in a corridor and the pool of blood is the ceiling. Good times.

Inkidu

I got Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and Portal 2 because Gamestop was having a buy two get one free on used games. I really love that store. So maybe that it'll keep me tided over until my birthday rolls around and I get Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Also... is it me or is Irrational Games kind of showing a little bit of its nuts and bolts with Bioshock Unlimited. I mean, I'll probably buy it. However, gee look at the setting. Dystopian majestic city of improbability in turmoil. Have they got anything else? I mean technically the philosophy is different enough that I can dig it, but why not put it at the first knock-down drag-out conflict instead of basically post-all-gone-to-hell time? Maybe it's a little too early to tell

Not really a spoiler, but I'm being polite. Anyone who read the Game Informer article please share your thoughts on this.
Plus Elizabeth can rip holes in the fabric of time (or widen them) seriously they talked about a movie theater with Revenge of the Jedi posters. My mind is pretty much twisty at that notion.