The Great War

Started by GloomCookie, May 13, 2010, 07:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I'm not sure I can make the time for this now :( I'm in one group game that's gone ballistic in the last couple of days and is taking up almost all my RPing time on it's own, plus several 1-on-1s and another group game. Meh... Annoying as this one looks so fresh and different.

Would it be okay if I joined at a later time? I'm sure I can invent a reason for my lady pilot to be out of town on some courier task and she returns into the middle of things.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Haibane on May 14, 2010, 02:41:05 PM
Any chance of a thread for characters and OOC discussion?

I will be posting one in a bit.  Look for it in the same area as the regular game :)

Quote from: Major Major on May 14, 2010, 04:28:49 PM
We could certainly use some Allied troops here. At the moment, the only named Good Guy Soldier is my Royal Marine.

Until we get more people in here to play Allies, I'll be posing in as individual soldiers, just as I did with the intro post.

Quote from: Haibane on May 14, 2010, 04:46:59 PM
Poop, I forgot to mention this ages ago but I write in the first person. Is that going to be an issue for anyone?

Perspective is relative to the person seeing what they want.  That made no sense and if you knew the conditions I was under when typing this, you'd totally understand :P I'm just glad my hands aren't shaking from fatigue anymore.

Quote from: RedEve on May 15, 2010, 06:23:37 AM
In my next post, I'm planning on having Clémence successfully escape the club. I would like to know the general outline of the invasion so I have a better idea of where to take her next. What area will be overrun first? Where will the largest concentration of Germans converge upon?

I'll cover that in my next post :)

Quote from: Haibane on May 15, 2010, 09:05:38 AM
I'm not sure I can make the time for this now :( I'm in one group game that's gone ballistic in the last couple of days and is taking up almost all my RPing time on it's own, plus several 1-on-1s and another group game. Meh... Annoying as this one looks so fresh and different.

Would it be okay if I joined at a later time? I'm sure I can invent a reason for my lady pilot to be out of town on some courier task and she returns into the middle of things.

That's fine hun.  If you want, you can just come back delivering troops to try and reinforce the American forces already in New York.  Just let me know what you want to do.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

I'm adding in a poll.  This is to determine the long-term outcome of the thread.  The reason for this is because even when this RP ends, I'm planning out the next step.  Each choice has a unique ending, so remember that your choice has consequences!  This will also let me get an idea also of how I should frame the RP.

Edit: Oh son of a bitch.  I set the poll too long, because I'll be out of town on the 25th.  So the poll will actually close on Friday, May 21 about 10:30 PM Central Standard Time (-6 GMT).  This will be when I get home from work that day :)
My DeviantArt

Haibane

Is it your intention that anyone on Elliquiy can vote in the poll? Or do you want only players to? If the poll is here it could be spammed by loads of people who are not interested in the outcome, plus, this site being what it is I think the Americans would win that poll if you leave it to E as a whole to vote.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Haibane on May 15, 2010, 07:21:41 PM
Is it your intention that anyone on Elliquiy can vote in the poll? Or do you want only players to? If the poll is here it could be spammed by loads of people who are not interested in the outcome, plus, this site being what it is I think the Americans would win that poll if you leave it to E as a whole to vote.

Yeah... probably be best if we just limit it then.  Oh well, let's just have everyone post their choice, and then we'll see what the poll results are just for shits and giggles
My DeviantArt

Haibane

Can you delete it and put another poll up in the OOC thread?

Major Major

By the way, Linna, I'm a bit of a naval boffin, so, if it helps at all, I can dig up names of Allied warships that you could use to attack the German Hochseeflotte (High Seas Fleet).

RedEve

If all of the Germans are currently in and around pier 4 and 5 than Clémence will not participate in any combat until the Germans push further into the city. The next post will focus on her escape form the club and she is not going to look for any more trouble unless it finds her first. ;)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

GloomCookie

Quote from: Major Major on May 16, 2010, 04:00:09 AM
By the way, Linna, I'm a bit of a naval boffin, so, if it helps at all, I can dig up names of Allied warships that you could use to attack the German Hochseeflotte (High Seas Fleet).

Most of the fighting in the ocean will take place between the Royal Navy and the High Seas Fleet.  The American Navy will probably provide back up and keep running tabs on the HSF until the Royal Navy can find a good spot to engage them at.
My DeviantArt

Major Major

Exactly; Another Jutland then, but winner takes all this time.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Major Major on May 16, 2010, 04:48:37 PM
Exactly; Another Jutland then, but winner takes all this time.

That was my intention.  Winner takes all.
My DeviantArt

RedEve

So where should I take my character next Linna? What news would she hear where she is at? Would the people who pass her by tell her to run towards the pier?

GloomCookie

Quote from: RedEve on May 16, 2010, 05:03:31 PM
So where should I take my character next Linna? What news would she hear where she is at? Would the people who pass her by tell her to run towards the pier?

The radio will be playing either frantic news or you might be able to pick up some broadcasts from the Eiffel Tower in German and French.  The French and German news is purely propoganda, while the American News is frantic and chaotic, trying to figure out where the invasion is coming from.  There's even speculation that the US Army is doing it to scare up a reason for more war.  I'll let you choose how frantic and chaotic it is, but most people are running around in confusion.
My DeviantArt

RedEve

Okay. :)

Anyone want to meet up with Clémence in the process?

Major Major

If you're heading for the docks, you could have her meet Clark.

RedEve

Quote from: Major Major on May 17, 2010, 01:55:51 AM
If you're heading for the docks, you could have her meet Clark.

Okay, but aren't the docks suppose to be overrun?

Major Major

RedEve

Don't tell me this is dead already? I had really high hopes of this becoming a fun little game.

Odin

Quote from: Major Major on May 13, 2010, 03:16:15 PM
The reference to the Union Flag (it's only called the Union Jack when it's flying from the Jackstaff of a ship) makes me think that I could argue that there might be a few Royal Navy personnel around.

Hate to post old quotes... But... Indeed, it is the union flag, but the actual symbol on it is the Union Jack. If that makes any sense. It is like the American flag. It is covered in stars and stripes, but it is not called the Stars and Stripes Flag.

And on the topic of; I'll be interested in joining if it flares up again. After such a hearty discussion it really is a shame to see it die.

Haibane

Major Major is correct, mostly. The actual history is not clear and various theories suggest why the names are different:

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/geography/unionjack.html

http://www.know-britain.com/general/union_jack.html

RedEve

So are we done already then?