Strange Aeons (Pathfinder, LGBT+ friendly)

Started by TheKhan, October 21, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Question: Do we even need to buy gear considering how we start?

TheKhan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 23, 2018, 02:46:16 PM
Question: Do we even need to buy gear considering how we start?
Yes, and you probably won't want to save it as loose cash, since you'll be pretty isolated for the first little while.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 23, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Yes, and you probably won't want to save it as loose cash, since you'll be pretty isolated for the first little while.

Gotcha, any thoughts on the idea/character yet?

TheKhan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 23, 2018, 03:48:21 PM
Gotcha, any thoughts on the idea/character yet?

Mindswapping is "fun"! Seems to be a pretty solid concept. I look forward to seeing more!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 23, 2018, 06:48:13 PM
Mindswapping is "fun"! Seems to be a pretty solid concept. I look forward to seeing more!

Yeah I am hoping to go with it.. she just came back in the wrong body.. and her name is backwards..:)

Chulanowa

I hate going in to make a character, and instead ending up with five. Anyone else have this problem?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 25, 2018, 04:35:07 AM
I hate going in to make a character, and instead ending up with five. Anyone else have this problem?

you mean a few different ideas while staring at a basic concept? My pirate-vampire hunter stared longingly at swashbuckler and other things, if you mean that.

As for different character concepts.. I got that problem too, but first level kinda restricts things you can do with that.

Callie Del Noire

Been there.. done that.. built lots of them up for my PFS character blog

TheKhan

There's a reason I like to GM  ;D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 26, 2018, 05:51:03 PM
There's a reason I like to GM  ;D
Same here..though I'm currently burned out after earning something like 170 tables of credit in the Pathfinder Society.

Chulanowa

Since I've gotten into your other game TheKhan, I think I'm going to leave it at that and let someone else have a shot here  ;D

(that and I still haven't been able to pull one character out of the five, so, uh, yeah that's a thing)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 27, 2018, 05:30:16 AM
Since I've gotten into your other game TheKhan, I think I'm going to leave it at that and let someone else have a shot here  ;D

(that and I still haven't been able to pull one character out of the five, so, uh, yeah that's a thing)

Bummer... :(

Vergil1989

I unfortunately need to drop as well.  I've started my own D&D 5e game with me as the DM, something I've never done before I might add, so between that and having a bunch of other things going on, I'd likely get swamped and have to drop anyway, which sucks.  Sorry though Khan, and thanks for having me at all my friend.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Callie Del Noire

Roleplay Frog

I do think that leaves us at 2 definite players, perhaps can call Chula back then. *chuckles*

Callie Del Noire

Me an this AP.  Never have any luck.  Last time the GM in RL wigged our an left the state

Chulanowa

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2018, 12:57:27 PM
Me an this AP.  Never have any luck.  Last time the GM in RL wigged our an left the state

He looked upon the eldritch sign and went mad!

But there's no escape.

no escape.

Roleplay Frog

So Chula, if you can't decide at all, just list those five and we'll decide for ya? :P

I vote for the goblin-cook.

Callie Del Noire

I'm the trap monkey.. .. what do we need to fill?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2018, 02:04:04 PM
I'm the trap monkey.. .. what do we need to fill?

The trap monkey. *wiggles eyebrows*

I'm a balanced frontliner, can take a hit, can hit back, no crazy extremes in the build. 

So .. go caster classes.

TheKhan

There still is more time. I'll see if I can't drum any interest up. I'd really like to give this one a shot.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 27, 2018, 02:08:04 PM
The trap monkey. *wiggles eyebrows*

I'm a balanced frontliner, can take a hit, can hit back, no crazy extremes in the build. 

So .. go caster classes.

Was leaning rogue/Alchemist.  One discovery and you’re the party ‘mixologist’

ChaoticSky

*raises finger* I am still here :P I was just occupied during the week so i planned to wait till the weekend before putting any thought into a character. So thats another one. Ill have a sheet up later today or early tomorrow.

I was planning on a brawler, but i can do other things. I can pick up a fullcaster of some sort since everyone needs a spellslinger. Or maybe a paladin for healing, though the low pointbuy makes me super nervous about anything that isnt SAD.

Chulanowa

Well... you guys are making me feel wanted, so how can I say no?

My five character ideas are...

Dhampir Paladin (self-sacrificing martyr type; lay on hands must hurt when you take damage from positive energy!)
Nightskulk skinwalker Alchemist (Classic Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde type, but with wererats!)
Gnome wizard (Amoral shadow-slinging mind-bender)
Gnome Investigator (because every Cthulhu type game needs a snoopy investigator type and i just liek short races)
Changeling Medium (Haunted brains are the best brains)

Callie Del Noire

Gnome Investigator would be a good thing I think