The Syndicate [Paranormal/Noir/Modern] - [Recruitment Thread - Need Females!]

Started by TheBlackThrone, May 19, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Welcome to the City of Baylor, a city named after some British lord several hundred years ago, but the city exists in a fictional eastern region of the United States along the Atlantic coast. The city is rather gothic. The people of Baylor are known to be a unique people not found anywhere else. They dress in dark colors and most of them are pale in complexion. They carry a dark humor and there are holidays and festivals that spawn from this place that aren’t celebrated anywhere else. The city, likewise, is unique for unbeknownst to the Humans that reside there, it was built on a gate. This isn’t just any gate. It is a gateway to Hell. The malevolent energy that exudes from the gate is the source of the crime rate being so high in Baylor, and the corruption of the entities of justice who are supposed to defend and protect. While The Syndicate doesn’t entirely deal with public affairs and domestic crime, it does deal in the things people of Baylor do not know.

The Syndicate is an organization, which was born in the 1940s originally to combat Nazi occultism. It has since evolved over the decades, expanding its influence and relations to other countries. The Syndicate attempts to teach paranormal creatures how to live among the Humans undetected and to find alternate ways to satisfy their hungers and needs without drawing attention to their inhumanity. Some supernatural creatures believing in The Syndicate’s cause choose to join as agents, enforcers, researchers, and perform various other duties. Creatures that live among the Humans are given a serial number similar to a social security number, and their identity is placed into a database for monitoring. All creatures will be identified and given only three options: coexist, be banished or eradicated. There has yet to be a creature too powerful for The Syndicate to handle.

While the activities of The Syndicate go unseen by Humans, there are Humans that work for The Syndicate with the proper clearance and need-to-know. There are even some Humans who display supernatural gifts. If this so far intrigues you, then please read on.

The Syndicate agents perform several duties: investigations, neutralization, liaison, and security. The researchers will at times accompany agents on investigations to collect evidence and samples to support their work and to assist in solving conundrums. Agents use several forms of magic and supernatural might to go about their work, but like those creatures who coexist among the Humans, they too must keep the lives they live a secret. Agents come from several backgrounds. Below is a list:

• Vampire
  • Werewolf
  • Phantom
  • Frankenstein
  • Demons
  • Angels
  • Myths (this class will be heavily scrutinized)
  • Medium (psychics)
  • Witch/Wizard/Warlock

If you want to make something not found in the list, then run your concept in a PM by the GM first.

Some agents are selected to be liaisons for their race and will meet with covens, packs, or other creatures to share information and maintain positive relations. This was the basic run-down of The Syndicate. Continue onward.

In January 17, 1940, a secret American-formed organization known as The Syndicate was born. The Director of the Syndicate, Arthur “Art” Hadley, was the father of the current Syndicate Director, William “Bill” Hadley. It was founded when Art and his covert team, Patriot, were given the mission to secretly infiltrate a Nazi research facility in Egypt. Patriot succeeded in infiltrating the research facility and were horrified with what they found. The Nazis had dabbled in the dark arts and were planning to raise an undead army using the Book of the Dead. Art and his group sabotaged the Nazi’s plans and escaped Egypt with the book. Patriot presented their finds to the CIA, but their findings were deemed absurd. Having lost some brothers in the sabotage, Art angrily resigned from Patriot and started a secret organization that would be known as The Syndicate.

The Syndicate opened branches among the Allied powers. There was a Syndicate in London, England representing the UK; Victoria, British Columbia, Canada; New Dheli, India; Sydney and Wellington Australia and New Zealand; Cape Town, South Africa; and much later, Poland, Russia, and Japan. The Syndicates operated interchangeably to neutralize the paranormal threats that the Nazis were using to prevail in the war. After a long and hard-fought bloody battle, on 2 September 1945, the war was over with an Allied victory. Many agents wondered what would become of The Syndicate now that the war was over. To their surprise, Art planned to continue to run the organization in order to keep the world safe from the evils, which the rest of world didn't know. The monsters, beasts, and spooks who had helped The Syndicate in the war were given permanent employment. Any racism against their species was dropped and more creatures started to serve in the organization.

The Syndicate continued to thrive over the decades. On 23 May, 1980, Art’s son, Bill Hadley took over as Director. On October 5, 2005, Art Hadley died at 90 years old and he is remembered in the Syndicate’s archives to this day. His body is also entombed beneath the stone floor in the foyer.

• January 17, 1940 – The Syndicate is founded by Arthur “Art” Hadley.
  • September 2, 1945 – Second World War ended.
  • May 23, 1980 – William “Bill” Hadley takes over as Syndicate Director.
  • October 5, 2005 – Arthur Hadley died at the age of 90.

The game begins January 1, 2018, New Years Eve. The Syndicate has employed various agents of various races, and even agents from ally Syndicate branches are visiting to offer their services. A new Neo Nazi group known as The Axis has started to appear around the world, robbing museums and breaking into crypts in order to steal various artifacts deemed mundane to the Humans, but are actually powerful relics. Humans have been kidnapped believed to be for experimentation, and Axis cells are spreading like a bad disease. Brainwashed Axis victims have been carrying out acts of terrorism—bombing subways, music concerts, and other stadiums where masses gather. The Syndicate is currently investigating Axis activity around New Years Eve.

Who is their leader? What are they overall up to? This is what The Syndicate intends to find out.

1. No hybrids. A half-human creation is allowed, but no vampire-demon-angel-werewolves.
2. No god characters. Self-explanatory.
3. No Mary Sues. If your character is perfect at everything, then you might need to ask yourself if he or she is a Mary Sue.
4. All CSes are subject to scrutiny and may be asked by the GM to be tweaked. By submitting a CS to this game or even showing interest, you are agreeing to these terms.
5. I am not going to limit you guys’ creativity. Thus, why I refrained from making rules for each species. If anyone abuses this, then I will have to make rules, so please don’t abuse this. Give your characters logical weaknesses.
6. No half-ass CSes. Please make an effort. I can often tell when someone rushed a CS. They aren’t pretty. Take your time to develop your CS or develop it with others. You can even bounce ideas off of me. That’s what I’m here for.

Character Sheet Explanation
Name: First and Last Name.
Nickname: They may have a name they like to be called or they can get one in game.
Age: If your character's age is greater than 100 y/o, then I expect to see in their background what have they been doing all this time. Did they know Arthur? Were they involved with WW2 or other wars?
Race: Remember, if you plan to play something not in the list. Run it by the GM in PM.
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Description: This is where you go into detail about the character's appearance. If they have a human appearance, then scars, tattoos, piercings, etc. If they have a supernatural appearance, then that needs to be detailed here also.

Visual: No anime pictures for this game. Use digital art, CG, OC art, etc. I do not want to see a character from a popular anime show being used as a face claim. If you decide to use a real-life picture of a celebrity, model, etc. Then please provide the face claim so we don't have three Scarlet Johansons walking around. Also, you do not have to have a picture.

Personality: As long as you give this CS some effort, then I have no complaints.

Background: I'm not expecting anything amazing, but if this game inspires you to write out some epic detailed story, then great. Whatever comes naturally to you.

Weapon(s): Modern weapons. Nothing futuristic. You can even give them a vintage weapon, such as blunderbuss if it's in that character's style. However, do not list weaponry that your character can't hide on his or her person. If you give your character a rocket launcher, then I think that would stand out on the street. If you give them a sniper rifle, that too would stand out on the street. You can just explain in the "Skills" section your character's ability to use such weapons. But this section is for what your character carries on his or her person at all times.

Skills: Characters are allowed 4 skills. These skills can be combat-related and non-combat. Just remember, you only get 4.

Weaknesses: Characters must have 4 weaknesses or less if you can't think of anything.

Power(s): Characters are allowed 4 powers and they must be related to whatever race you gave them. Expect scrutiny of these powers.

You can design this character sheet however you are inspired. Here are some interesting links: 1001fonts.com and Google HTML Color Codes if you’re into coloring. Just avoid neon colors because they are blinding on the site’s default background.

Example CS: The Director

Age: Old enough to be yer daddy! What kinda' question is that? Y'born without manners kiddo?
Race: Gifted Human
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Salt and pepper
Eye Color: Brown

Description: Bill was a handsome detective back in his early years, and some still say he can still wear it. He's a seasoned agent who earned his way into the Director's seat. His age makes him easy to underestimate. He can still outrun and out-shoot the best of them and he don't need no fancy-smancy powers to do it. He is the scruffiest man you'll ever meet and always looks like he just left the house without shaving and threw on the old work shirt and work pants. He often wears his tie loosely around his neck, which usually messes with the OCD-folk in his unit, but they'll be all right. Loose tie, dress shirt, dress pants, and the old detective trench coat completes his ensemble...maybe a cigar and a mug of coffee too. His eyes aren't what they used to be, so he can be seen wearing reading spectacles every now and then. His body is covered in scars, old bullet wounds, and even scratches from beasts not found naturally in the wild.

Personality: Bill is a hard ass. You either can like him or you can hate him. He will always be over the rover harassing agents, especially when they screw up. He will get in the face of the largest and fearsome of beasts and tell the creature to go to hell without fear of consequence. He's probably the ballsiest old man most agents have ever met and worked with. Bill is a father-figure to most agents in the force. He doesn't get into anyone's business unless they bring him into it, so don't go telling him about boyfriends or girlfriends. Also, don't hint to him that you're dating someone. You'll never hear the end of it. Bill does what he wants and he likes to believe he operates at least 95% within the rules and procedures. No one is perfect and if anyone has a problem with that, then they can kiss his ass.

Background:

Jesus Christ where to start...
Yeah, that was me. I was pretty handsome back then.
I was born in 1960, when racism, drugs, the Cold War—all that was still goin' on. I was the last person I’d expect to be chosen to be a part of The Syndicate. I don’t have a history of valor, war stories, none of that shit. I was born and raised in Kennesaw, Georgia to Lauren and Arthur Hadley. My childhood was spent mostly as a country boy, and eventually I went to college at Georgia State and majored in English. After that, I spent several years as an English teacher, and it didn’t pay all too well so I got into some dirty business. I was a thief—a bank robber to be exact. I got away with it for ten years, and I was so confident and sure that I would never get caught. I had a house, I had drugs, I had women, I had cars, and just so much money that I grew tired of it and started giving it away. It was all about how you stashed it back then.

Anyha, I might have escaped the thorough scrutiny of the FBI, but my father...wanted me to join his secret group—I didn't even know he was in one.

I joined The Syndicate in December of 1978…shit, was I amazed. They had me figured and not just me…They figured out that I had an imaginary friend. It was either join The Syndicate or have my brain wiped or somethin'. It was obvious what I chose to do…I RAN!

I didn’t say that I was smart back then. That hadn’t been my best decision, but thank God my father actually loved me and decided for me that I would become an agent. Yeah, me gettin' Director probably wasn't fair to all the other agents. They spent their whole lives trynna' get it and here I get it in two years. There's a rule about the Director of the Syndicate must always be a Human. Whatever. I’ve been in this business for 40 years now. It’s a shorter time than most of these immortals, but I don’t think The Syndicate trusts non-humans. Hell, let that be a poor excuse. I’m good at what I do.

Weapons:

Springfield XDM 4.5: There is nothing fancy about the pistol itself. It is a standard 9mm built for accuracy. However, Bill does carry some special ammo cartridges for it.

xNormal - 18 rounds (2 magazines)
xSilver - 18 rounds (2 magazines)
xUV - 9 rounds (Single magazine)
xDispellers – 9 rounds (Single magazine)

Throat Knife: Bill carries a concealed throat knife that he carries up his sleeve. It’s small and looks like an arrowhead in appearance, and its designed to be inserted right into the soft area beneath someone’s chin. He not only uses this knife for combat but also to pick at his nails or cut open letters.

Skills:

Self-Defense: No one expected that the old man knew how to throw down. That was your first mistake. Bill is proficient in taking down at most five opponents in a single fight. He performs a mixed martial arts technique for submissions, grappling, and throws. He needs it now more than ever for he isn’t as strong as he used to be.

Charming: This guy…Most agents are used to Bill always being up their ass about every small thing. But when he’s around important people/guests or even a pretty lady, agents will see a side of him that they just might think is disgusting. When did he get so polite? That’s not Bill! Even as old as he is, the Old Dog still knows how to work his magic.

Management: It is truly an impressive skill to be able to run an entire Syndicate all by yourself. He’s been the face of The Syndicate for years.

Marksman: For a human, he is an excellent shot. Since he’s an agent in The Syndicate, most people want to believe that he’s using some sort of supernatural ability to hit the target so well. It’s called practice jackass! Maybe you should do it more!

Weaknesses:

Far-Sighted: He can see far, but he can't see up close, thus he'll deploy his reading spectacles if he has to read tiny fonts or instructions.

Not As Young As He Used To Be: Bill can still hold his own against a group of humans who possess no paranormal enhancers. However, he's not as young as he used to be. I guarantee you after a mission, if he even has to be involved, if he busts his ass, he's sitting in a bath with some Epsom salts or rubbing sore areas with Tiger Balm.

Only Human: Bill possesses human weaknesses. He's not peak human or above-average. He's only human.

Stubborn: He can be a stubborn old man. This may make it difficult for him to budge from certain decisions he makes. Once he's made up his mind, his mind is made!

Powers:

Kissy: What is Kissy, you ask? Why it’s Bill’s imaginary friend. She’s actually a pink fairy dragon about the size of a Volkswagen Beetle and just about as heavy as one when she wants to be. She has insect wings, sparkles, and flies around completely undetected by any radar except for when she moves objects. Mind you, this is how Bill described her to The Syndicate. How did The Syndicate find out about Kissy? Well, they exercised some damn good surveillance and might have even used some magic. No one can see Kissy but Bill—no one. She is believed to completely come from his conscience and is completely made up, but not even Bill knows how she exists. Bill and Kissy have been inseparable since he was young, and even now they still continue to be. They work together solving the world’s supernatural problems.[/color]

1. Activity. If you are planning to go on a long vacation or hiatus, then do not join this game. Players will be required to post at least once a week. If a player goes inactive for 7 days, if they are in a P.O., then they will be skipped. If a player is inactive for 14 days, then they will receive a PM from me. I will poke you. If a player is inactive for 30 days, then they will be dropped from the game.
2. No Drama. I mean it. No drama. If you come to my game to argue, you will be asked to leave.
3. What I say Goes. As a GM, I’m trying to make the game as fair as I deem acceptable to run the plot. I do not try to please everyone because that isn’t always possible. If I ask you to tweak your CS, please do so, especially if I feel a power or ability is overpowered or can easily be abused. Thank you.
4. Special Races.  Races not listed above are going to face extra scrutiny.
5. NPCs. I encourage writers to make NPCs. They are awesome aids to a character’s story or background.
6. GM Characters. GM characters are GM characters and are not to be NPCed by anyone else. You will know who they are because I will mention them in-game or have a CS for them. For example, The Syndicate Director is a GM character.
7. No neon fonts. Please avoid bright colors. On the default website skin, those colors are very blinding.
8. Sizing. Keep your character pics sized down so they aren’t taking up the entire screen or forcing our computers to work extra hard to load.
9. Character Creation Rules. Please read those above and abide by them. If you aren’t certain of anything, then drop me a PM.
10. Have fun. Be creative and bring an interesting story to the game. Be willing to interact with others and add to the plot.

Approved Characters

Hannah Titus - Werewolf - Honeycrisp
Felisja Piana - Succubus - DummieBlondie
Lucia Laurent - Siren - Arcanist
James Daniel MacDonnell - Cursed Human - TheBlackThrone
Decimus - Dragon - Juggtacular
Kalor Einhorn - Half-Dragon - Sirian Eve
Oliver Glass - Were-Jaguar - Eva
Armitage Borinski - Incubus - shii
Dr. Henry Glass - Human - Justric

Links

Main Thread
Side Thread
OOC
Character Thread
Recruitment Thread
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Chantarelle

Definitely interested. I’m started to contemplate a fallen angel character.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Dragongoddess

Honeycrisp

I'm interested in auditioning to play a female werewolf.  Character sheet below and I'm open to feedback be it critical, cruel, or courteous. 

CS:Hannah Titus

Name: Hannah Titus
Nickname: Lupa, Loba, Bitch
Race: Homo lupus, werewolf.
Height: 6'02" / 187cm (Human), 40" / 101cm (wolf)
Weight: 128# / 58kg (Human), 175# / 80kg (wolf)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark brown

Description: The weather up here is fine, my legs go on for weeks not just days, and you only think you have what it takes to wolf whistle at me, buddy.  There's very little chance she won't stand out in a crowd, being taller than most men and with a model's figure and face.  Hannah wears both unconsciously, sleekly elegant like the wild animal she is at heart.  Rather then use it to get attention from men and women alike, Hannah's body language oozes a feral confidence and she projects a wild, barely under control demeanor that means she never has to fight for space in a crowded subway car or on the sidewalk; people just open up and make room for her.  Dark of hair and eye, she dresses for the rough and tumble of the streets, favoring hard wearing leather and denim and shades of black and grey; they're just so much better for not showing blood. 

As a wolf she's dark grey and black, though almost twice as tall and over twice as heavy as even the largest timber wolf.  Hannah should be able to manifest as a hybrid form, the classic wolf man, but thus far she can only shift between human and wolf shapes.

Visual:

Face claim: Gal Gadot

Personality:  Look, let's get this out of the way first thing since I can smell it on you; sex.  I like sex, I like to fuck and it doesn't matter to me what you are so long as the mood and the smell of it is right.  Just remember two things; sex isn't love and don't ever confuse who's on top or penetration with who's in charge.  I'm also not in it to be your girlfriend.

Pack, you might say family, means everything to me.  It's rooted in my nature and if you're family I will take a bullet for you and kill for you.  I'll lie to the cops, harelip the Pope, take an alcoholic's last drink or a junkie's wake up fix if it is helps us out.  Be worthy of that and don't you ever, ever throw me under the bus or betray us.  You won't get to do it a second time.

I'm not a rebel though you might think so sometimes.  I have to know who's in charge and that means I constantly sniff around the edges of authority and push to make sure that it's still there.  I like to play, just like we do in the wild, and sometimes that gets a little rough.  Just let out a sharp yelp if I do and I'll tone it down.  In the same vein don't challenge me to the point of a fight unless it's what you really intend.  Once it starts I won't stop until one of us whines through bloody lips.

Just be chill and think before hugging me if you've got silver jewelry on.

Background: Dad's a pelt on the floor of some bloodsucker's dungeon.  It's okay, he took a lot of them with him as an honor guard and in a way it's kind of a compliment to him that they'd want to take the time to skin him and make him into a rug.  I'll still delight in staking the son of a bitch out in the park for the dawn to find but I'm not mad mad about it.  Circle of life, right?  Hakunah matata and all that.  Happened not long before I was born and he bought time for Mom to escape with puppy me still in her belly.

Mom, the goddess called her home when I was thirteen.  Cancer.  Seriously, a werewolf dying of cancer?  It was quick, happened in February and was done before Easter.  She's the reason I grew up here instead of the woods and the wilds.  She never would say exactly why the vampires were after dad, more than they are always after us I mean, but figured it would be safer here.  Different clan of them and they didn't have the history with our pack that the ones who took down Dad did.  Still wish I'd known him.  Really wish Mom was still around for all we fought like any mother and teenage daughter.  I think that by now we would have been friends.

So, yeah, orphaned at thirteen.  No big.  I mean look around anywhere in this city and you'll find a harder luck story than mine and I just don't mean some homeless guy or a girl strung out on H and turned out by her pimp.  That basic bitch over there in the Uggs with the Starbucks cup?  I can smell her dad on her; her dad's sex on her.  That guy in the suit with the bluetooth?  Check how he holds his left arm.  Spiral fracture as a kid, probably mom or dad grabbed him up by it and broke it.  He's got baggage.  We've all got baggage and I don't feel sorry for myself.  There's a poem by some famous poet guy about wild things not feeling sorry for themselves.  That's me.  I'm a wild thing.

I didn't finish school but the library is free and so is the internet.  I got by and the Syndicate picked me up a few years ago and adopted me into the pack.  That's all that really matters in life, having a pack and knowing your place in it.  It's good and even though Hadley is an Old Dog and not a wolf I still follow where he leads. 

Weapon(s):  Claw and fang.  If someone really insists she'll carry a Colt 1911 loaded with whatever they think she should have.  Guns aren't her groove and who needs a knife when you've got claws?

Skills:

Mix it Up:  There's nothing scientific or elegant about it, she's a brawler.  Get in, go for the throat, toss them against the wall a dozen feet away, bite and kick and scratch and come out on top.  Trained martial artists perplex and sometimes stall her, the wolf mind not seeing any way in and backing away in confusion, but if it's a straight up brawl or bloody mess she's in there causing mayhem. 

Intimidation:  Cops touch their guns for reassurance, the weak spined wet themselves, people tell her what she wants to know just so she'll stop looking at them.  No charm, no subtlety, she just gets close and lets the wolf out into her eyes and her voice and into her body language to intimidate people.  Unfortunately, just like with torture, people will often confess to anything just to get her to go away.  A partner or someone with much more finesse than her is going to have to sort out the fearful lies from the frightened truth.

Patience:  Not always, especially when her Rage is up, but a wolf is a hunter with a hunter's patience.  If need be she can lie still for hours upon end watching, waiting, picking the perfect moment to strike.  This makes her especially useful on surveillance missions.

Silent Feet:  Walking, running, sneaking; you just don't hear her coming unless she wants you to or you've got a mighty sharp set of ears or supernatural wards.  Nothing makes her happier than sneaking up on friend or foe alike and breathing a fever hot hello into your ear from behind.

Weaknesses:

Silver:  Classic and stereotypical but there is a reason for the myth.  Even the smell of silver is unpleasant and the touch of it can feel like nettles raked across the skin.  More than momentary contact raises jellyfish sting like welts and accompanying pain and swelling.  Ingestion of it will produce bloody vomiting as her body tries to expel it even as it is damaging her internal organs.  Knives and bullets made of silver affect her in a similar manner.

Lunacy:  Cops, ER Nurses, Firefighters will all tell you their worst calls come at the height of the full moon.  A child of Selene, her mood and her body's cycle is controlled by the passage of her mother through the sky.  During full moon her powers are at their strongest but also her fury.  New moon brings a low point where her mind is calm and her rage low but she is also physically at her weakest.

Rage:  In her heart she's a wild creature.  Provoke, hurt, or startle her and the fight or flight reaction kicks in and since she's not a grass eater it's the fight that comes out.  If pushed too far the wolf completely takes over and will always prevail no matter what the cost or the fallout.

Loyal:  Loyalty is a commendable trait but it is taken too far with her.  Once she identifies you as a member of her pack her loyalty is absolute and unforgiving.  Absolute in that there is nothing she won't do to protect you and she's very conscious of those she senses are higher in the pack than her, such as Hadley.  She may argue, posture, even show her fangs but pack is pack and alpha is alpha.  Unforgiving in that she expects the same in return and won't have any problem telling you about yourself or physically reminding you of your place.

Power:

Enhanced Senses:  All of her senses are enhanced but especially scent.  In a city packed with people this is a riotous assault upon her nose akin to standing too close to the speakers at a concert if she's not careful.  Though incapable of seeing in the dark like other supernatural creatures she does have a wolf's night vision.

Body of the Wolf:  She is far stronger than any human and possesses reflexes that are better coordinated and faster than human but still only within the range of an animal.  Other supernatural creatures can outshine her with their gifts.

Growl it Out:  Werewolves can heal most damage in a few hours save that inflicted by silver or supernaturally tainted methods.  It comes at a cost though, a wounded werewolf is just as touchy and apt to lash out as a wounded animal.  Best let her curl up under the bed and toss in food and drink from a distance.

By Claw and Fang:  Vampires only think they have teeth.  They're mere hypodermics compared to the mouthful of fangs that she can sprout in both human and wolf form and they are handy for ripping the throats and spines out of her enemies.  Likewise her nails shred flesh, bone, and mild steel when brought against them.  Manicures are a must.

TheBlackThrone

@Chantarelle: Give it a shot.

@Dragongoddess: I hope you find enough time.  :-)

@Honeycrisp: In all honesty, I have no criticism to give. I can tell from reading your CS that you were definitely inspired. She is approved.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

What do "Myths" classify as? Even more mythical creatures than vamps and lycans? Like dragons and such? Or possibly people who have become myth like Hercules?

Honeycrisp

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 20, 2018, 12:02:46 AM
@Honeycrisp: In all honesty, I have no criticism to give. I can tell from reading your CS that you were definitely inspired. She is approved.
Thank you!  I remain open to it and not just from you but from anyone.  I'm also willing to modify it if anyone wishes to have any sort of shared or intersecting background.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

DummieBlondie

Hey there!

I am pretty interested in this too. here is a work on progress character sheet. I will work on background other missing points to finalize it within a few days.
please let me know if anyone especially the GM has any comments or additions to it.

CS:Felisja Piana

Name: Felisja Piana (not her true Demonic Name)
Nickname: Blondie/Candy (by friends or fans) Bitch/Poison (haters or enemies)
Race: Demon - Succubus
Height: 160 cms (if you don't count her highheels which are ussualy about 10 to 15 cms)
Weight: 45 kgs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green

Description:

She always likes to mess with mortals using their lust and show everyone that how easy to manipulate them. She is the she-wolf who lures people away from their friends or comrades then pray on them. before she had to use her glamour to effect powerful humans to get what she wanted but now. this century is just perfect for her since she can only be as glamours as she wants and everything she wanted comes to her way.

She becomes one of those Instagram models and did a few semi or soft pornographic videos to add more to her fame. which lead her to milk money from her followers to live the life of a princess without any effort.

Visual: Face Claim: Karma Rx

Personality:

Since Felisja came into existence, she has been an easy going person. She mostly cares about her comfort and entertainment. What entertains her demonic self is hugely subjective and beyond human understanding. Sometimes she loves to watch people walk around as she having a relaxing cup of tea at crowded street while sometimes performing a strip dance in the sleaziest nightclub.

She is also very possessive about the individuals who she cares about. It is not like they can fully trust her every word without hesitation, of course, she is a demon in the end after all. But they can rely on her that she will do her best to protect their souls.

Felisja is openly bisexual and also polygamist for her sexual life. Anyone willing to have a relationship with her should be able to accept this fact since her demonic nature cannot be tamed for passion and lust for sexual pleasures.

She looks nearly angelic while she is sleeping or doing something she loves to do so. This even shocks the evilest demons when they watch her in a torture chamber.

Background:

It was the First Ceasar who managed to discover her True name and bound her to his will after a summoning ritual made by his magicians. Felisja had found herself trapped in protective magical circles and instantly forced into submission with the power of her true name. For years she served Ceasar as his bedwarmer, maid, entertainment for her his guest even spy for political cares. Felisja slowly worked on her influence over the Brutus and in the end, He shoved his dagger to Ceasar go get one more kiss from her lovely lips. Before she fled back to hell.

Centuries past after that and She never imagined that she would be summoned back to real world. But it happened, an occult research branch of Nazis found the ritual and her true name during an investigation at Italy. During the WW2 she served Nazis as a spy in the cities of Europe as well as an agent for converting critical names for them with her power of addiction.

Felisja even worked under that group after the war until The Syndicate made a successful raid to the base which she was held. It was Arthur “Art” Hadley 's himself that rescued her from the bounding True Name Spell of Nazis with a final bullet to head of her so-called “master” during that time.

Until meeting with Arthur “Art” Hadley, Felisja had never seen another human being treating her normally instead of a source of power. But with Arthur everything was different. He was kind and treating her with respect. She took the opportunity and joined the Syndicates just to discover more about earth and humans on it.

Felisja had learned that Art had learned her True Name during the raid which they have freed her but never used it against her. Before Art past away she made a deal with him about looking over his little kid after Art past away until the kid gives his last breath. The kid now is known as Bill “Old Man” Hadley.

As for now, she is living a double life; one where she is the perfect eye candy who milks money from her fans and as second, an agent of the syndicate.

Weapon(s):

Whip with a bladed end: she different kind of blades forged from different materials, like silver, copper, and steel.

The tools of torture: She has a wide range of tools for torturing captives. Even she was keeping most of her tools in her dungeon at her home. She always carries a small bag of her favorite tools in her car.

Skills:

Sleight of hand: Felisja knows that how and when she should pickpocket someone or how to hide something while she is searched. Things just tend to flow with her hands as a leaf flies on a refreshing wind in the spring.

Acting: Felisja has a perfected technique for her acting and is able to successfully bring believable characters to life. She uses her demonic intelligence to research roles and impart that knowledge into their acting to develop more convincing attributes of the character.

Torture: Felisja has mastered the art of torture centuries ago even before stepping her feet on the earth for the first time. She is known for her perfected torture techniques and even famous for her skills on torture in Hell.

Demonic Soul Magic Rituals: Felisja is trained on demonic magic rituals just like every other dealer from hell. She uses the souls she collects through the deals she made along with blood to master the arcane powers. with the power of soul magic, maybe there are no limits to what can be done but just like the deals, she cuts everything comes for a price to pay.

Weaknesses:

Fiathful One's B*tch: She always been one of the most powerful succubuses but her augmented demonic powers also come with their own curses. Instead of feeling fear and panic, She feels submission forward to the name of God and his servants.

Seduction is a double edge blade: When she is using her seductive powers on others, her powers are also affecting her too.  Like she could easily walk away with what she needed with a little teasing sometimes ends up with having sex with her target because she couldn't resist herself.

True Name: She protects her true name at all cost. But when a powerful warlock or another miracle worker finds out it. They can use it to bind her to their biddings and She will be helpless to obey just like a well-trained pet. Of course, this doesn't mean that she won't look for ways to rip their heads off if she can find an opening.

Deal: She doesn't break her deals and always fulfills her end of the bargain. Even if the deal was sealed in a way where she cannot bargain.

Power(s):

Glamour Appearance: Her demonic powers always enchants her appearance and makes her the most glamour being around her. There can be more beautiful beings around but none of them looks elegant and sexy as she is. This power also let her have power over her clothing, accessories and even her physical appearance.

Hypnotising Act: while there is nothing hostile or treating going on beings around her prefer to check her out. And while she is performing like dancing or singing it is always a  show for everyone to not miss like it is only once a lifetime event to see

Kiss of the Succubus: Her demonic powers are making her touch and kisses give to subjects an urge to have more and more. As the physical contact continues subjects will focus all of their attention on her. her kiss of the Succubus is addictive to others like any other drug. And who gets the addiction is act how a junkie does for drugs.

Deal: She grants wishes for who are ready to pay the prize and the deals are once in a lifespan of the subject mostly. Of course one can cut more than one deals with her if they can find suitable prizes for her to bargain with.

Honeycrisp

Remind me to stay away from that whip!  Sounds super scary. I like how her dance and such are hypnotic. What a great distraction to have playing in the foreground while we take care of business in the background.

Nowherewoman

My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

HairyHeretic

Demon of darkness. I'm thinking of something between The Darkness and Venom.

Yeah, funny story as to how I got here. Some bunch of idiot mortals was trying a summoning. They wanted something big and nasty, something that would cheerfully kill their enemies. They wanted something completely loyal and under their control.

Heh.

They made two mistakes. The first was a very slight mispronunciation of part of the binding incantation. Sorry boys, but when it comes to summoning and binding unearthly entities, almost perfect just doesn't cut it.

Their second mistake was that they were trying to summon my brother. Their whole ritual was designed around him, and in fairness, it might have worked. Unfortunately for them, I hate my brother, so I'd have killed them just on general principles anyway.

But now, well, there's more of those assholes out there. I like it here. And I don't want my asshole brother coming along to mess up a good thing here. Plenty of fun things to do, and kill. So I work with these mortals. It suits me to.

WIP character sheet
Name: Names have power, especially for the likes of me. Don't try to find mine out. That would ... irritate me.
Nickname: Since I supposed you have to call me something, how about ... Malcarion
Age: Uncertain. Centuries old, but has not interacted with humanity in quite some time.
Race: Demonic
Height: 6'1
Weight: Average
Eye Color: Black

Description: Malcarion is not particularly memorable. His appearance is not striking, and he could easily blend into a crowd. While his height and build are above average, they are not significantly so. He generally dresses fairly casually in muted dark colours.

Visual:
Faceclaim: Oded Fehr

Personality: As long as you give this CS some effort, then I have no complaints.

Background: Malcarion was summoned by a cell from The Axis. Unfortunately for them, their summoning was not 100% perfect. When the Syndicate team arrived to stop the ritual and neutralise the cell, they found the ritual already completed (technically), and the cultists spread around the warehouse they'd been using in a large number of reasonably small pieces. Having interrogated several of the cultists before finishing them, and found out they were actually trying to summon his hated brother, Malcarion was prepared to discuss things more or less civilly with the Syndicate team. He would make them a deal. They would provide him with any information they had on anyone else attempting to summon his brother, and in return, he would work with them, and kill only those who warranted it.

He does make occasional references to how much humanity has changed since he last saw them, but doesn't go into specifics of when or where that might have been. At the very least it sounds like several centuries, and possibly much longer, since he previously walked the earth.

Weapon(s): Assorted melee weapons created from darkness. A pair of automatic pistols (carries backup loads - 1 clip each - of silver, cold lead, and others he has etched with odd symbols).

Skills: Characters are allowed 4 skills. These skills can be combat-related and non-combat. Just remember, you only get 4.
Melee - With blades, claws or fists, Malcarion has centuries of combat experience. Guns he is still getting used to
Occult Knowledge - Hello, demon here. Of course, I know about various weird shit. You want info on one of the others, well, let's see what we can work out.
Stealth - Malcarion can literally become one with the darkness, disappearing into shadows you'd swear couldn't conceal a large dog, let alone a large man. Even without shadows to hide in, he's fairly quiet.
Historical knowledge -  Malcarion has a surprisingly wide knowledge of history and cultures lost to time (not particularly deep, he tends to know a little about a lot of things)

Weaknesses: Characters must have 4 weaknesses or less if you can't think of anything.
True name: Knowing the true name of a demon allows you to control them.
Sunlight: Malcarion's powers are weaker during the day, much stronger at night. He finds very sunny days particularly irritating and wears sunglasses to protect his eyes.
Code of honour: Malcarion holds to a code of personal honour, twisted though it may be. If he gives his word, he never breaks it.
True Faith: Malcarion finds it difficult to be around holy places and those who truly believe in the faith they profess. This ranges from irritating discomfort to 'need to get away from here right the fuck now', depending on the strength of the source.

Power(s): Characters are allowed 4 powers and they must be related to whatever race you gave them. Expect scrutiny of these powers.
Superhuman physicality: Malcarion is not a human, and his physique reflects that. He is stronger, faster, tougher than a mortal (will need to set limits with GM)
Darkness control: Malcarion can draw shadows and darkness around himself, fashioning and shaping it into armour, weapons, wings and so on. He can see perfectly well in the darkness.
Living Darkness: Malcarion is able to animate the darkness into small, vicious minions with limited morphing ability (claws, wings etc). They have the same weaknesses to light as he does.
Supernaturally tough: Non magic attacks are much less effective against him. Bullets and knives just annoy him, but enough of them will still hurt. He is able to regenerate wounds while in the darkness.

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Honeycrisp

TheBlackThrone

@everyone: Let me apologize if it seemed like I took forever to address your comments. I'm in a different time zone and working so that explains that. Thank you all for being patient.

@Juggtacular: Mythical creatures as you guessed: dragons, unicorns, legendary creatures like gorgons, etc.

@DummieBlondie:  I am going to wait until you finish to make any comments. Just be sure to give me a poke when you're done.

@Nowherewoman: *beckons* 

@HairyHeretic: I don't see anything wrong with that.
The gates are open

Honeycrisp

Brownies and strawberries?

Wow, it just keeps getting better and better!

Crensler

Consider me interested, too ^^

I'll come up with a character by tonight I imagine, though we'll see what hits me and if I can whip one out quicker if I'm feeling inspired :)

Sessha

Alright so my friend Cren here dragged me into this thread and it seems interesting to me as well. So yeah... *plants flag of personal interest in this game.* I was thinking of doing an angel if that's alright with everyone?
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Love And Submission

I got a rough draft of my character. I just kind of wanted to see what you thought.

WIP?

Name: Kenneth  Drake
Nickname: Yogsloroth
Race: Human Warlock
Height: 5’9  / 175 cm
Weight: 1760 lbs / 70 kg
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Black

Description:  An impeccably dressed man of average build. He’s a bit nerdish in some ways due to his glasses but there’s not really a lot that makes Yogsloroth stand out except for his presence. Perhaps it’s  the unnatural grace with which he moves or the strange harshness in the way he speaks that perturbs people but there’s something just a bit off about Kenneth Drake. Nobody’s quite sure what it is but it is rather noticeable after spending a few minutes with him.

Visual: 

Personality: Unscrupulous. That’s the first word that would come to mind for many when discussing Kenneth Drake. The man has a good heart but he has no qualms about getting dirty to see that the organization's needs are met. If he  is given a task, he will almost certainly complet it . He may have to sacrifice a few souls to some  mischievous spirits on the way there or send a few fair maidens to their doom at the hand of a vampire or two but at the end of the day, he gets results and that's all that really matters isn’t it? As long as the world is safe then you can’t really have any qualms about his actions can you? He’s also said to be  a bit of a rapscallion when it comes to the fairer sex but that’s a common trait among all warlocks really.

Background: There once was a young man who lived in a small town  in the English countryside. He was not a strong man or a charismatic man but he was a  smart man. A smart man who had fallen in with a girl who barely knew that he existed. A smart man that read books and tomes. Old books and old tomes that told  him he could be a strong man and a charismatic man  if he just gave  the spirits what they wanted. So he did. They didn’t want much. An erstwhile soul here or there. Who can really keep track of appetites of the divine and who is a mortal man to deny them their bounty? Especially when they gave him such wonderful gifts in return. Like that beautiful girl who once barely knew he existed.

Weapon(s):  Ritual Dagger tucked inside his right breast pocket.

Skills:
Arcane Knowledge: Yogsloroth is one of the best students   of the occult this side of the river Styx. There  are very few  ancient sigils or runes that he can not recognize.

Weaknesses:

Weak Will: Yogsloroth is incredibly easy to take over if you're a creature of any significant magical  power. He's more then happy to serve paranormal masters if he believes that he will directly benefit from it in any anyway.

Bad reputation: Yogsloroth has killed a significant amount of people in the name of demonic powers. That’s not particularly looked favorably upon within the syndicate. He’s more of a necessary evil then anything else.

Power(s):

Speak With The Dead: Drake can commune with the dead and recognize ghost without any sort of spell being cast.

Ritualistic Spell-casting: Yogsloroth is an incredibly powerful mage. He’s particularly well-versed in summoning. He tends to command creatures to do his bidding for him when he's  in combat.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

TheBlackThrone

@Sessha: Doesn't seem to be a problem.

@Love and Submission and Everyone Else: The Syndicate won't tolerate a character that is a legit scumbag. 1) They wouldn't trust someone like that, and 2) they can always find other necromancers and warlocks. It defeats the purpose of The Syndicate if there is someone still taking innocent lives selfishly. They would be eradicated.
The gates are open

DummieBlondie

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 20, 2018, 11:01:41 AM

@DummieBlondie:  I am going to wait until you finish to make any comments. Just be sure to give me a poke when you're done.

@TheBlackThrone: please check the CS out. I think it is pretty completed. I will make little touches here and there

@Everyone: if you have any comments/ suggestions I would like to hear them out too.

Love And Submission

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 20, 2018, 12:09:09 PM
@Sessha: Doesn't seem to be a problem.

@Love and Submission and Everyone Else: The Syndicate won't tolerate a character that is a legit scumbag. 1) They wouldn't trust someone like that, and 2) they can always find other necromancers and warlocks. It defeats the purpose of The Syndicate if there is someone still taking innocent lives selfishly. They would be eradicated.

But he's not taking lives selfishly. He's clearly doing it to serve their purposes. 

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

TheBlackThrone

@DummieBlondie: She is accepted and you'll be surprised when you read my character's history lol. I think she will have met Arthur after the incident with him because...well...you'll see why when I put the CS up.

@Love and Submission: If he is taking innocent lives because he thinks he's serving The Syndicate's purpose, then he isn't. The Syndicate wouldn't have him take innocent lives to suit their purpose.
The gates are open

DummieBlondie

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 20, 2018, 03:32:05 PM
@DummieBlondie: She is accepted and you'll be surprised when you read my character's history lol. I think she will have met Arthur after the incident with him because...well...you'll see why when I put the CS up.

Thankies!

for anyone who wants to make connections before the game starts please reach out to me so we can arrange it by our backgrounds

Crensler

Gonna be going with a fallen angel myself, if that's alright.

Character Sheet

The Fallen

Name: Sarathiel
Nickname: Sara
Age: I honestly have no idea how long I have existed, though my best estimate would put it somewhere in the three digit range.  Yes, I know, I do look quite well for my age, thank you.
Race: Fallen Angel
Height: 6'3 / 6'10
Weight: Do you not know better than to ask a woman that?  Honestly.
Hair Color: Chestnut Brown / Raven Black
Eye Color: Amber / Crimson

An artist's rendition from when I was at the height of my glory.  Sometimes I cannot bear to look upon it, and yet still I keep it to remind myself that even the mightiest may Fall, despite their best intentions.

Description: In her mortal form Sarathiel, or Sara for when she has to play at being human, is a statuesque woman possessing an impressive physique, with long, flowing chestnut brown hair and strikingly alluring amber eyes.  If she lived in a different time one might mistake her for a warrior queen or amazon tribeswoman, but today she is seen as only obsessed with fitness by the ignorant and dangerous by those in the know.  She tends to dress practically, eschewing loose, more fashionable clothing for what is easy to move and fight in.  Her true form, however, is only a few inches shy of seven feet, clad in armor and wielding a sword that crackles with an aura of black lightning and echoes like a thunderclap whenever it strikes a mortal blow.  Her wings, once a pristine white, are now mottled grey and black, her hair the color of a raven's wing and her eyes a deep, chilling crimson.

Personality: Her temper can be rather volatile at times, especially when around a certain angel, but Sarathiel can be kind when given the chance.  Otherwise she throws back whatever is tossed her way in equal measure, her wit often scathing and laced with heavy amounts of sarcasm, though one does see good humor from the fallen angel every now and then.  It's simply rare for her to be in a good mood, that's all.  She also has no hang-ups when it comes to sex, not anymore at least.  If someone wants it, and she likes them enough, at least in a physical sense, she'll happily take it where she can find it.

Background
I was once one of those graced by His light, an archangel that meted out righteous justice upon the wicked, the damned, the unclean, and it was the ultimate passion of my existence to do so in His glorious name.  My sword, Celerictu, gifted to me by Michael himself, laid waste to the demons under the Fallen One's command.  It was a life that was both wonderful and terrible, filled with triumph and sorrow, joy and sadness, and I could not have asked for more than to serve Him for as long as He willed it.  Battle was my only concern in those days, as was fitting of my station, but there was one I often spoke to whenever I rested from the seemingly endless fighting.  Her name was Valoel and, unlike myself, she was not an angel suited for battle.  She was what mortals might call a muse, meant to inspire humans to craft wondrous works of art, be it a sculpture, painting, or even a song.  She was... troubled.  Yes, that was a fitting word for it.  Events down on the world of mortals were deeply troubling her.  It seemed that the foolish creatures were engaged in a conflict of great proportions, at least by their own, admittedly limited, standards.

I asked why this should pain her so, when the mortals were always finding something to fight over.  She looked at me then as one might a stranger, and I had to ask what was bothering her now.  She asked me how I could be so heartless.  I did not understand it at the time, as my interaction with mortals was, well, practically nonexistent, but I could only stare back at her, confused.  Mortal affairs were not in my purview, after all, so why should what they do to one another trouble me?  I even asked her this, and she shook her head before pointing down to the world below us.  Go to them, she bade me, and see with your own eyes what it is that which pains me so.  As I had no duties to attend for a time, I complied.  Perhaps it would have been better had I not, but, alas, such thoughts provide me no solace from the harshness that is reality.  It took some time, as I was in no real hurry to find this thing that hurt my friend so much, but eventually I came across the lands the mortals call Europe.  And there I caught a glimpse of what Hell itself must be like.  Fields choked by the dead and the dying, mortals on both sides crouching in the muck, terrified, as fury like thunder made into a weapon rained down upon them, while others vomited blood as some putrid smoke ate away at their insides.  By all that is holy, what horrors these mortals unleashed on one another!  Weapons called guns spitting bullets across barren, blood soaked fields, while others called artillery rained the thundering death I had witnessed in the opening stages of this conflict I had happened across.  And the gas, oh, Lord on high, the gas!  What demon came up with such a horrible thing?!  But, no, twas not a demon that crafted such a wicked vapor, but men!  God save them, I prayed, astonishing myself.  And yet... there was no answer.  Why?  Why let them do this to one another?  Even we angels, His first children, did not harm each other!  Something must be done, I thought.

But the clarion call of Michael's great horn summoned me back to the ethereal realms of Heaven, and I was again thrust into war with His enemies.  Yet my mind wandered even as I fought the twisted enemies that threw themselves at me time and time again.  What was happening in the world of mortals?  Had they managed to snuff themselves out with the foul weapons they had unleashed upon one another?  I had to know!  And so, when the time came and I was given a reprieve, I went again among them to find their world embroiled in conflict for a second time.  This time, however, one side used evil magics to gain advantage, and this I simply could not stand!  Back during their first world spanning conflict I had been forced to do nothing, but not this time!  This time I would do my duty and strike down the wicked!  And so, keeping myself hidden from the eyes of the mortals, I did.  I struck their ritual sites with the fury of Heaven, blotting out their magic circles and wicked runes with howling wind and pounding rain, striking down their sorcerers with lightning and hail, and bringing low their vile constructs with deafening claps of thunder.  This was why I was created, this was why I had been gifted the power to slay the wretched filth that would dare to despoil His creations, I reasoned.  However, in my fervor to right the wrongs I saw before me, I forgot one thing: one does not go against Him and not suffer the consequences.

A second time I was summoned back by Michael, and my general was furious.  How dare I interfere where it was not my place, he railed at me.  How dare I go against the purpose He gave me!  My anger, freshly kindled to a blazing inferno by the wickedness and vile practices of the "Nazis", was set off by his self-righteous ranting.  I shouted back at him; how dare you sit here and do nothing while evil persists in the mortal world!  How dare you chastise me for doing that for which I was created!  You have no right to judge me, Michael, I shouted in his face.  Only He has that right, and if He finds my actions so objectionable, then let Him say so!  Oh, how I wish I could take back my hasty words.  For in that moment I felt His eyes upon me... and they were filled with disappointment.  My heart broke for having hurt Him so, and I pleaded for his forgiveness.  Yet, with a sadness that brought tears to my eyes, He could not be lenient with me.  Rebellion against His Divine Order was not tolerated, no matter how good the intentions behind it.  And I was cast out of Heaven, my wings blackened by holy fire as I plummeted to the Earth.  Such a silly thing to name one's planet.  You might as well call it Dirt or Mud, but I digress.

It was agony, the likes of which I had never felt before nor have I felt since.  My connection to the Divine had been brutally severed, leaving a pounding, burning ache within my breast that even today has not fully faded.  My impact with the land below was spectacular, or so I have been told.  I was unconscious by the time I struck the Earth, my body battered, my essence tainted, and my heart irreversibly broken.  I had been weighed, measured, and found wanting in His eyes.  Nothing can ever heal such pain, I reasoned before oblivion took me.  I awoke much later in a place I did not know, surrounded by mortals and other creatures that held me bound by ancient magic, like shackles upon my very essence.  Yet I cared not.  What could these poor, ignorant creatures possibly do to me that could equal the pain of His judgement?  Yet one of them spoke to me, a man of conviction, asking who and what I was.  For a time I did not reply, yet, since this was one of the beings I had lost my Divine connection for, I decided to humor him.  They did not seem surprised by my answer, which shocked me, but I would soon learn why.  The man, who was known as Arthur Hadley, made me an offer: join him and continue to fight against the evils of the mortal world.  At first I considered refusing.  After all, I had been fighting for so much of my existence that I knew almost nothing else.  Yet, as he was quick to point out, where else had I to go?  And so, despite my misgivings, I accepted and have not regretted the decision once ever since.

Weapon(s): Celerictu is her go to weapon, a divine sword that she can summon from the ether that punishes the wicked.  Though it has lost much of its former power, it is still a weapon with the potential to slay both the divine and unclean alike.  Though once it had been a holy blade, Sarathiel's fall has tainted it, and so, like her, it now dwells within both the darkness and the light.  Since her fall, however, Sarathiel has learned how to fight with more than just a blade, mastering the use of firearms and numerous hand to hand techniques.  Her favorite weapon is a custom
AMT AutoMag V
, calibrated to fire 13mm shells loaded into a six round magazine.  She has to make the ammo herself, as no one produces the kind her "toy" uses.  The metal of the bullets is a silver-steel alloy that she makes by melting down the base metals, combining them with her magic, and casting them with special molds she crafted from sanctified clay.  The gunpowder, meanwhile, is mixed with her own blood, as well as a pinch of sulfur, that she uses a minor ritual to bind inside the brass, rune etched shell casings.  As one might imagine, due to the time and effort it takes to make them, she saves these rounds for hard targets, like powerful demons and such, but the results more than make up for the costs.  However, for "softer" targets she uses less... ostentatious weapons, like the Browning Hi Power or the Beretta 92FS Fusion, another favorite given its limited run, with whatever ammunition the mission at hand requires.

Skills: Close Combat Master - Sarathiel has had a very, very, very long time to turn killing into an art form, and damn if she isn't good at making what would normally be a brutal display of violence into something almost beautiful to watch.

Firearms Proficiency - Sarathiel has had had the last few decades to learn the ins and outs of guns in all their various forms, and she didn't stop studying everything she could about them until she could build a gun from custom made parts that she fabricated herself.  Yes, she realizes she needs a hobby that doesn't sit firmly under the umbrella of combat, but she also really doesn't care.

Spellcasting - A more specialized magus could readily outdo her, but she's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, either.  Give her some time and she could even get a proper ritual together, be it to summon and bind a demon or to curse one's enemies.  But, again, she's not the best, and certainly would never claim to be, so she would likely lose to a proper master if she were to engage them in a duel of a purely magical nature.

Occult Knowledge - There is little Sarathiel doesn't know about angels, demons, and mythical creatures of various sorts, unless of course they emerged or were created after the time of her fall.

Weaknesses: Pride - Sadly Sarathiel hasn't learned the lesson that got her cast out of Heaven in the first place.  She holds great pride in herself and her abilities, despite her fallen nature, and doesn't take kindly to being ordered about by those she deems her inferiors, nor does she suffer criticism, even when it is due, lightly.  As it got her in the mess she is currently in, it will likely get her in some other sticky situation in the future.

Divine/Hellish Sensitivity - Thanks to her now dual nature, Sarathiel is more readily harmed by attacks, be they physical or magical, with both holy and unholy properties, making her heal human slow whenever she suffers a wound from such a source.

Limited Immortality - Sarathiel is not truly immortal, like she was in Heaven.  Before her fall she could "die" and be reborn from His light, but now if she dies she will stay dead.

Wrath - Sarathiel's temper is also part of the reason she was cast out, after all.

Power(s): Holy/Unholy Might - Sarathiel is stronger, faster and hardier than many mortals could ever hope to be.  Therefor she is able to hit hard enough to shatter a concrete wall with her fist, sprint faster than most cars can drive, and work for extended periods without the need to rest.  There are limits, however, but within them she can be quite frightening to face as an opponent.

Limited Immortality - While she isn't truly immortal anymore, she can survive what would kill most mortal beings.  Granted, the injuries will still hurt and will take awhile to heal, days or weeks depending on the severity, but she'd survive them none the less.  She immune to mundane diseases, bacteria and viruses, and she also won't die from old age.

Limited Flight - While her wings will never be the same again, Sarathiel can, when she needs to, fly... sort of.  She won't get very far or very high, but still, it is better than being bound to the ground entirely.

Fury of the Storm - Sarathiel can imbue her attacks with the power of lightning, ice, and even thunder, giving her blows quite the punch.  She needs to either strike someone with her fists, feet, or sword to do this, however, as no mortal weapon is capable of channeling her powers and surviving it.

Face Claim: Pauline Nordin.

TheBlackThrone

@Crensler:

1. No anime so that anime pic you shrank down won't be accepted.

2. Your picture needs a face claim. I unfortunately forgot who she was but if you use "Tin Eye" the reverse image search, you should be able to get her name. Or maybe one of the fellow writers in this game will know who she is.

3. What are the rounds that only she can make?

4. I hope that by "Holy/Unholy Might" you're not giving her angelic and demonic properties? That would make her a hybrid which isn't allowed.

Those are all the comments I have.
The gates are open

Crensler

@TheBlackThrone

1. It's not an anime picture, she's a character from a video game, but the digital/3d art of her kinda sucks or makes her look too young.  If it's still a problem, I'll find one of said digital/3d images and replace it.

2. I'll edit that in, the face belonging to one Pauline Nordin.

3. It's a type of 13mm ammo made for the handgun, meant to take down heavier, supernatural targets.  And anyone could make it if they knew how, but it's not, like, anti-material rifle stuff in a handgun, or anything, but it definitely packs one heck of a punch.

4. No, she's just a fallen angel, not half angel, half demon.  I just used the Holy/Unholy for flavor text.

TheBlackThrone

]
Face Claim: Andrew Stetson and 1 Stock Photo

Name: James Daniel MacDonnell
Nickname: Jamie, Jame, Danny, McDonalds
Race: Cursed
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Description: James is a pale and grizzly man. He is tall to some and possesses an athletic build. His left and right arms are covered in sleeve tattoos that meet in a woven, vine-like knot between his shoulder blades and at the base of his neck. His tattoos attempt to hide the unnatural scars that appear cut into his skin and hypertrophied. The scars are actually an eldritch language neither angelic nor demonic in nature. The symbols cover his body starting at his wrists, neck, and ankles. A scar unlike the ones described is a two-inches on the left side of his ribs—caused by a blade maybe? James’s hair has lightened from its original brunet color. His eyes are blue and a black hoop piercing bites into his right brow. A pair of old dog tags hang around his neck beneath his clothing. When at HQ, James will wear a suit and tie to appear somewhat professional. Honestly, he does it so Bill doesn’t get on his ass about maintaining a professional appearance. This from the guy who wears a tie with no jacket. To the average being, James appears to be just an ordinary human.

Personality: James is a man you wouldn’t expect to have any big secrets, but he does have them, and he doesn’t tell them to anyone. He is laid-back, and no matter how much Bill rants and raves, he always makes sure to drag ass just to irritate him. He finds it amusing. Despite their father-son relationship, James respects Bill and Bill knows he does. James is hardly on Bill’s list of people he has to worry about. No, there are other agents more deserving of such an honor and James dislikes babysitting them or feeling like he’s babysitting. When he goes to work, he asks that such problem-children and –monsters stay out of his way. He only wants sane and reliable agents covering his six.

There’s an unusual discipline about James. Some might suspect that he might have served in the military once upon a time. He is always a few minutes early before a meeting starts and he can be found training in order to stay in shape when he’s off. James could be a partner in shenanigans. Agents often find him reliable when it comes to keeping secrets. He, however, isn’t a fan of demons and magic despite being in an organization chalk full of such. He’ll work with them, but he won’t invite them to dinner.

Background:

James MacDonnell was a Scottish soldier serving in the British army as a German linguist and codebreaker, but he wasn’t just any codebreaker (such as the ones of Bletchley Park). The Nazis had encrypted their messages in an unearthly language, and James was one of the few unique individuals who could not only see it, but read it. News of his strange ability passed throughout the British army and made it to special ears. James was approached by The Syndicate’s London branch and joined as an agent. His gift eventually led him to a young Arthur Hadley who would use him to track where the Nazis were planning their next ritual. With James’s ability closely-guarded, The Syndicate was able to appear just in the nick of time to foil the Nazi’s plans. The Nazis grew suspicious and summoned a succubus to infiltrate The Syndicate and find whatever magic or device they were using and destroy it. Arthur, however, got in her way for he became enthralled by her. The succubus learned that Arthur was The Syndicate Director, and helped the Nazis devise a plot to kill two birds with one stone.

The next message The Syndicate would receive would lead them to a secret compound in Normandy, France prior to the invasion. The succubus had chosen to go with Arthur, and likewise, James had chosen to follow to keep an eye on his close friend. With the succubus’s help, they infiltrated the compound and found a group of ten Nazi cultists circling a massive magic circle in which they drew from the blood of POWs. Before they could act, Arthur and his group were ambushed. The whole plan was a trap. The Nazis were not only pleased to have captured the Director but their codebreaker. Arthur surprised the Nazis with his imaginary friend—the father of Kissy. His imaginary dragon began vaporizing the Nazis until their captain, Falk Engelbert, captured Arthur’s beloved and threatened to shoot her in the head if Arthur dared set his invisible ally on him. Arthur and Engelbert were at a standstill. James kept his rifle trained on the captain, whilst the captain tried to stall.

Zee ritual must go on… said the captain. It required a human sacrifice. Engelbert threatened to spill the blood of Arthur’s perceived lover. James demanded that Arthur allow him to risk taking the shot. The room was tense. The succubus cried dramatically for Arthur to forget about her and end it all, but Arthur was too smitten by her. Irritated, James told Arthur that he was going to take the shot, and out of fear of him missing, Arthur reacted. The bayonet of his rifle pierced through James’s side. James in his last effort, shot Falk in the head, freeing the succubus who sadistically started to laugh. Arthur was stunned when she revealed her true nature and was left holding the body of a dying friend. Unfortunately, both the bodies of James and Falk had been sacrifices to the entity of the circle. Arthur took James’s dog tags just before he watched in horror his friend get dragged into Hell by demons. The succubus escorted both Falk and James into The Pits, laughing as she left her lamenting lover.

James suffered multiple tortures and deaths at the malevolent hands of the demons in Hell. They played with him, sending him to an undead maze of World War 2 trenches and noxious gas where he would playout the war with false friends who would only turn on him and try to kill him in the end. James endured the demon’s games until one day he snapped. He made a futile attempt to attack one of the demons who merely dashed him across the ground. Other demons greedy to do him harm lunged at him and James evaded their lunges to watch them crash into each other. Furious at each other, the demons fought. One of the demons wielded a thorn that it used as a sword in which it slayed the other. The demon soul was absorbed by the thorn, and James watched as the thorn warped into an actual blade. Intrigued by the weapon, James committed his un-life to claiming the thorn as his own and succeeded when he sparked another battle between the demon and another who had also wielded a thorn. The two demons fought and before the victor could claim the thorn, James claimed it, and slayed the victor with it. His sword now not only possessed three souls, but it consumed the other demon thorn. With his new weapon, James waged war within Hell, which wasn’t an unwelcome thing to do. The demons enjoyed the death and destruction even if it was their souls being devoured by the sword. James fought for survival enduring the chaos and nightmares until he was suddenly called. No; summoned?

Like an abduction beam, James was summoned onto the mortal plane, which infuriated the demons. No one escaped Hell! James arrived in The Syndicate’s lab body suffering multiple burns for he was defying a natural order. He found Arthur, old and not young as he remembered, standing with a young man who gawked at the man and not a demon who had appeared in the circle. Arthur placed James’s dog tags about his neck saying he would need them in order to stay above ground. It was 1978, and he soon learned that he wasn’t in the UK but in the States. He had a strong desire to kill Arthur, but Arthur had introduced him to his son, Bill. There was so much to take in, and the shock and relief of having escaped his eternal torment made him faint.

James woke once again as a Syndicate agent and Arthur informed him of his pleas. He was never to tell Bill what had happened and who he really was. He was a demon. James initially refused not wanting to be compared to the creatures he loathed, but after much crying between the two of them, he agreed to Arthur’s request. His last request was to watch over Bill. James was unable to forgive Arthur for what he had done, but he agreed nonetheless. As much as he had hated it, what had happened, happened and Bill was not to blame. James served as an agent under Bill and attended Arthur’s funeral. Would Bill go to Heaven or Hell for what he’s done? Heaven seemed like it would be fucked up, but while James is rooted to the mortal plane, he is unable to find out for certain.

Weapon(s): M11 SIG Sauer Concealed Carry – he carries a magazine of silver, UV, and normal rounds.

Skills:
  • Polygot: James is fluent in English, German, Scottish Gaelic, and Demon. He has a gift when it comes to learning languages.
  • Master Combatant: James has experience fighting in the Second World War and various demonic warriors in order to survive Hell. He will selectively choose to fight honorably or dirty. He is accustomed to just winning for honor doesn’t matter in Hell. The winner was the one who survived.
  • Master Swordsman: James can use his weapon, Demon Thorn, as a shield against projectiles and magical assaults. He can deflect attacks back at enemies and open their guard. Bringing a knife to a gunfight?—yes!
  • Indomitable Will: When you have survived as much as James has—betrayal and torture—not much else fazes you. His mind is strong and he will use it to overcome pain, torture, and bewitchment. He is not easily cracked.

Weaknesses:
  • Grudge: Even after Arthur’s death, James still clings to a horrible grudge. He was betrayed by someone who he believed was a friend and a comrade. Because of him, he is unable to find peace in heaven. He could have lived his life until he was an old man like Arthur. He deprived him of so much!
  • Dog Tags: If James’s dog tags were removed, then he would be cast back into Hell to resume his eternal struggle. His dog tags are the only things keeping him rooted to the mortal plane.
  • Holy Objects/Symbols/Water/Magic, Prayer and Places: Even though he isn’t a demon, James is still cursed by Hell, and therefore, sacred things burn. He will suffer like a devil and flee from the very God he once worshipped.
  • Stuck in Limbo: James is uncertain if he’ll ever find salvation. His dog tags imprison him on Earth. He will watch the world grow and perish while fleeing from the evils which try to drag him down. Because of this reality, James will not commit to relationships. His chance at a life was taken from him, and he isn’t about to start a new one just to watch it all grow old and die before his eyes. It is unfair!
  • Nightmares: James has seen a lot. He sometimes doesn't stop seeing things even when he sleeps. His nightmares will make him endure sleepless nights.
  • Hell: He doesn't ever want to have to go back if he can help it. The thought of him returning terrifies him.

Power(s):
  • Demon Thorn: A sword that started as a thin thorn and ravenously absorbs the souls of demons and the enemies of Hell (ie. angelic beings). As the sword absorbs souls, it grows and becomes stronger. As the sword becomes stronger, so does the wielder, making them both starving for more. James has noticed the blade’s greed and often fights it using his Indomitable Will. The demons of Hell often willingly gave into the desire, but James cannot risk giving into such a thing. The sword has been known to devour other weapons imbued with power. It is frightening in appearance. It is clearly a weapon, but it also seems to be alive. The sword is sheathed within James and grotesquely emerges from his body when he draws it.
  • Codebreaker: James can uncannily decipher codes, passwords, and even ancient and arcane languages. It is believed that this was his gift before he died. He can just see the solution to the problem. The numbers and symbols appear to him as clear as day.
  • Demon Magic: The demonic tongue is an ancient and powerful language. It is what gives demons their names. Envoking a demon's name is powerful on its own. James uses demon magic to cast basic spells like: hellfire, levitation, sense presence, and astral body. He can also communicate with demonic entities. He is fluent in their speech.
  • Immortality: James doesn’t age for he’s technically already dead. He is a visitor and intruder to the mortal plane. But who is to say he is supposed to be in Hell and not Heaven? At least that’s what James would argue. Who’s to say he isn’t meant to be in either place? There are other religions after all. When he is injured, his wounds rapidly mend. Blessed, holy, and other magical assaults will harm him and he will be unable to rapidly heal. However, removing his dog tags would be the only way to defeat him and send his soul back to the one realm that has him bound (Hell).
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Crensler on May 20, 2018, 04:59:45 PM
@TheBlackThrone

1. It's not an anime picture, she's a character from a video game, but the digital/3d art of her kinda sucks or makes her look too young.  If it's still a problem, I'll find one of said digital/3d images and replace it.

(Yes. Please. I would like it changed. Maybe try for digital art.)

2. I'll edit that in, the face belonging to one Pauline Nordin.

3. It's a type of 13mm ammo made for the handgun, meant to take down heavier, supernatural targets.  It's not, like, anti-material rifle stuff in a handgun, or anything, but it definitely packs one heck of a punch.

(You should add this in the CS as well as why she is the only one able to make it. Because it clearly seems supernatural and requires magic. This should be thoroughly explained in the CS.)

4. No, she's just a fallen angel, not half angel, half demon.  I just used the Holy/Unholy for flavor text.

Made my comments in bold.
The gates are open

Crensler

I've edited my post, and hopefully it passes muster now.

Chantarelle

Name: Morrigan Aensland
Nickname: None
Height: 5'10
Weight: 132
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Blue-green

Description: Stoic and curious, secretive and sensual, Morrigan is a tall Raven-haired beauty with fleshy lips and a sculpted flawless body.

Visual: Adriana Lima

Personality: Both affable and gregarious, Morrigan has an eagerness to help those in need and learn as much about life on the mortal plane as she can. She has a confidence unaffected by the outer world. Her entire demeanor radiates peace and tranquility.

Background: "Born" seraphim, she was gifted with love, kindness and generosity. She was blessed with beauty, grace and a voice so sweet it made grown men weep. She used to love watching over the seedling worlds with her brothers and sisters while listening continuosly to the ever-present hum of Source.

Her favorite passtime had been peering into the pool of sight, that lay just below the temple of worship. She would watch the this species or that, as they toiled and lived their lives, but her favorite among these was earth and its inhabitants. The mixture between good and evil beings brought drama, politics, and bias into Morrigans world.

It was at these very waters that she got the call from God; from the hum that pervaded all. She was to descend to earth at a specific location: Baylor. There, she would be met by one Arthur Hadley who would show her around and explain to her what was called the 'syndicate.'

Weapon(s): Smith & Wesson .500 with silver, enchanted bullets.

Skills:
Detective - Over the decades Morrigan has made alot of friends giving her access to various intel.

Speaks Romanian, French, Japanese, Russian and Angelic

Acute Senses - About that of a vampire.

Trained in Krav Maga (a fighting style introduced in the war by the Israelis)

Weaknesses:

She has a soft heart which can get in the way of the harsh realities at work.

Temptations - She is forced to meditate many times throughout the day to keep her resilience focused.

Sex - Her biggest temptation and has been for years. Once she fell she took a vow of celibacy. That was 120 years ago, she has been a virgin ever since. 

Homesickness - This job was meant to be indefinite, because of this, at times, you can see a sadness in her eyes just underneath the smile.

Power(s):
Solace - If someone is close to death she can alleviate there pain and transition them to the other side in bliss.

Nails on a Chalkboard - The ability to create a buzzing or whining sound in the auditory cortex of the brain. Morrigan can increase this sound to the point where the victim is clawing at his skull and bashing his head against the wall to make the grating noise stop, or she can diminish to the level of 'annoying'.   

Mind Breaker - It starts as a buzzing or whining sound but quickly escalates to a pounding in your head, the pain so intense you black out only to wake up in a puddle of your own drool.

Heal - She can heal wounds with a touch, even deep wounds. It would take alot of energy but she could bring someone back from the dead if they haven't been dead for too long.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

TheBlackThrone

@Everyone:

I have received a lot of CSes in this short period, and a lot of writers are concerned about game balance, which is actually my job to be concerned about. No one else should be worrying about that and instead should just be writing up a character they want to play in this game. However, I will be outright rejecting character concepts if I have to in order to balance the game how I would like it. So continue to submit your character ideas, but if the character isn't going to work accept that and move on.
The gates are open

Chantarelle

Are we still waiting for the room to play in to be built or am I just slow?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Chantarelle on May 21, 2018, 01:03:17 AM
Are we still waiting for the room to play in to be built or am I just slow?

I won't be making an OOC or IC for a while. We are in the recruitment phase.
The gates are open

Chantarelle

la dame en noir

I won't say a hard yes, but I will put a hard interest. Only because I'm notorious for taking my sweet time with character sheets because they suck the life out of me. But I"m very intrigued.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

CurvyKitten

Damn you TBT...DAMN YOU! LOL Totally interested, I have a character already in mind. One I thought of a while back and simply hadn't found the right place to play her yet. I'll see about getting something pulled together soon.

CurvyKitten

withdrawn for now.

TheBlackThrone

@la dame en noir: Ok lol.

@CurvyKitten:

I have only two comments:

Unable to die: I don't think this will make for a dramatic game if there is no consequence or risk. If she can't die, then there has to be an actual weakness that puts the character at risk. Otherwise, I don't see why she can't handle the world herself.

Energy siphoning: This needs a limit. Being in a room of people and then flipping the kill switch to empower your character is very overpowered for a character that's supposed to be weaker than what she was before. Physical contact with whoever she's stealing energy from maybe? Also, doesn't death only come if someone is about to die?
The gates are open

CurvyKitten

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 21, 2018, 04:33:00 AM
@la dame en noir: Ok lol.

@CurvyKitten:

I have only two comments:

Unable to die: I don't think this will make for a dramatic game if there is no consequence or risk. If she can't die, then there has to be an actual weakness that puts the character at risk. Otherwise, I don't see why she can't handle the world herself.

Energy siphoning: This needs a limit. Being in a room of people and then flipping the kill switch to empower your character is very overpowered for a character that's supposed to be weaker than what she was before. Physical contact with whoever she's stealing energy from maybe? Also, doesn't death only come if someone is about to die?

No problem, I shall tweak the immortal thing and edit the siphoning or switch it for something new. I have a list of different powers a reaper might have pulled from tons of legends about it.  But bit of sleep is needed first! I am off to bed now. Night night :)

TheBlackThrone

I went against what I said (only about an OOC). I made an OOC so that you guys who are approved can discuss character relations. I'm going to say this now. For those of you with characters who are old enough to have joined during World War 2, we're going to have to create a timeline because if you're joining around that time then your character knows other characters from that time and we're not going to pretend like they never saw each other.

Here is the OOC link, please bookmark this. I will be posting it on the OP: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=288083.0
The gates are open

DummieBlondie

@TheBlackThrone & @Chantarelle;

I am missing something or is there a misunderstanding because Chantarelle's CS is stating that she is a Succubus while the approved character is written as a Fallen Angel.
just to clarify the point so we will know that if there are 2 or 1 Succubuses here right now :)

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: DummieBlondie on May 21, 2018, 12:20:30 PM
@TheBlackThrone & @Chantarelle;

I am missing something or is there a misunderstanding because Chantarelle's CS is stating that she is a Succubus while the approved character is written as a Fallen Angel.
just to clarify the point so we will know that if there are 2 or 1 Succubuses here right now :)

*Points to OOC link* This thread needs to be used. I will answer that question there.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Chantarelle

Dragongoddess

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Dragongoddess on May 22, 2018, 12:29:03 AM
Let me know if you wind up looking for women again!

You can still apply if you're making a CS for a woman. I did not halt accepting female characters. I am just asking for more male characters because this game has a LOT of female interest lol.
The gates are open

DummieBlondie

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 22, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Looking for some male characters!

I will prepare a Male Necromancer character in reverse in any case if that is okay? But let me be clear about that l can't be able to play both at the same time.

Juggtacular

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Honeycrisp

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 22, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Looking for some male characters!

Matthew 7:7!

Not going all churchy, but there will certainly be religious references in the game and used properly they can add rich texture to the story. 

Juggtacular and Deamonbane, I hope you're able to find inspiration and join us.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 22, 2018, 06:22:07 AM
I've got a character I'm working on.

Quote from: Deamonbane on May 22, 2018, 06:43:26 AM
Possibly interested as well.

Curious to see what you gentlemen bring to the table. Thank you for your interest. Also, no rush. Take your time.

@All: Once we get enough participation, I will allow you all to make second characters if you so desire. For now, you can add NPCs to your repertoire if you so need or would like them. When I get the character thread up, NPCs will have a section.
The gates are open

Honeycrisp

Thank you for all the hard work and the updates.  It's tremendously wonderful!

Arcanist

Well all done. Welcome any feedback you may have for my Siren - Lucia Laurent

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Lucia Laurent
Agent of the Syndicate
Nickname: Nightingale
Race: Siren
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 134 pounds
Eye Color: Blue
Face Claim: Digital Picture of Jennifer Connelly from Dark City

Description:
Lucia is almost ethereal in look, her long black tresses, exotic features and captivating blue eyes seems to easily draw eyes towards her, both males and females. However, when asked to describe what she looked like, they are unable to give a truely accurate description of her, as it is coloured with descriptions of what their ideal vision of a woman would looks. Quite tall for a French woman during the early 1900s, she is quite shapely. However, her body is naturally quite toned despite her build. Then again, she is not even French.

Personality:
Lucia like many performers have different masks. When on stage, she is charismatic, sensual and expressive. She has her audience eating out of her hand. During her work with the Syndicate, she has been known to take up different roles that would call upon her use of her acting abilities. She takes on the traits, personalities, and mannerisms of the characters that she wishes to portray.

However, the true Lucia, the one that her teammates and close friends know is an introvert. Confident and intelligent, she takes her time to process all the information available before presenting her case. She checks the facts of a situation or at least finds out as much as she can before commenting or deciding on a course of action. Spontaneous she is not. She is after all, not one for impulsive decisions.

She disagrees with wanton destruction or violence. Although not a pacifist, she prefers to complete the job with the least amount of collateral damage. She sees herself more as support for her team, getting the intel that they need rather than going in with guns blazing.

Background:
Lucia was left as a baby on the doorsteps of a church in a small provincial French Fishing Town, near the French Rivera that does not exist anymore. As there was no orphanage in the town, she was taken in by the Priest and the nun there. She was lucky in that sense as she was the only one in the village that was given a proper classical education and was taught English, French, Italian and Latin. Her true talent was made obvious when she was old enough to sing during the mass conducted on weekends. Soon, taking over the nun in the singing and drawing people From other villages who heard about her angelic voice.

For 18 years she lived in the spare room of the Priest’s abode and cared for him as he grew old. Taking over the duties of the nun as she soon retired and returned to her nunnery. Retiring to Paris, the Priest’s home, he accompanied him there and stayed with him until he passed two years later. During all this time, there were rumors of war and times were hard. She found a job singing in a club, the owners of the club reluctant at first because of her shyness and timid personality, finally giving her a chance, she supersedes all their expectations with her voice. Her voice versatile, able to sing the jazz and swing popular during that time, she could also sing in French, English, and Italian.

Then the Second World War started, and soon the Germans moved in to occupy Paris. The club she worked at taken over by the Germans. Life became hard, and she was constantly harassed but the Germans. She also learned German quickly being very proficient in a short amount of time.

She was noticed by the German Officer in charge of the area who used the club as his “base” and was forced to keep him company for the night. He was not very polite with her but before he could have his way with her, she ordered him to stop, and he did. At first, confused over the incident, she became the officer’s “mistress” but secretly experimenting on him and some of his soldiers. She found she could hypnotise them effortlessly and as long as they were not distracted, they would do her bidding.

She joined the resistance given her dislike of the Germans and helped as much as she could. Feeding the resistance and allies with information and at times using her abilities to help downed pilots, allied soldiers and other enemies of the Germans escape Paris. She proved very resourceful to the Allies and gained a reputation. Her position also made her and unlikely candidate for a spy and was never suspected.

Arthur Hardley at this time was setting up the precursor to the Syndicate and heard rumors of her abilities. Suspecting that she is not completely human, decided to meet with her and brought her into the fold. She was instrumental in much of intelligence gathering of the organization over the following years. This included intercepting intelligence about the bound demon, Felisja Piana. One of the members of the assault team, she was there when the demon was freed. Since that day, she counts Candy as one of her close friends.

She may not always be in the field but was always behind the scenes gathering and compiling data. She has taken to the evolution of technology and has become an expert in signals and communications. A dramatic improvement to the old radios and encryption devices that filled a room.

Weapon(s): She has no personal ownership of weapons. However as an operative of the Syndicate, she is a well versed the the weapons used by them and can draw weapons best suited for the job, including magical weapons and ammunition.

Skills:
Singing and Performance Arts - She is a professional singer with more than 80 years experience. Preferring jazz, she has dabbled in the different genre including Opera, Classical, R&B and Pop. She has also since then, picked up Acting and Dancing. The only reason why she has not sung professionally is the fact that it would be hard explaining why she continually stayed looking like a 21 year old.

Polygot: She speaks English, French, German, Latin and Italian Fluently. She also has more than a passing knowledge of Spanish and Russian.

Tradecraft: Having worked as a spy at the height of the Second World War. She is trained in conducting surveillance, interrogation techniques, evade and escape, covert communications and the like. Her knowledge and practice has been kept up to date with the Syndicate’s resources.

Signal and Communications: During the Second World War, Lucia found that she had a talent with signal and communications. Perhaps it was her ability perfect pitch, but she was very good at picking up communications from the Germans. Her ability with languages also helped. Her skills have evolved with time and is an expert in communication surveillance, such phone tapping, hacking, trolling the net for information and the compilation of said information, ELINT, Jamming, general communications, interpretation of satellite feeds, etc

Weaknesses:
Siren’s Song (Language Dependent): Her ability to give commands is language dependent. In theory, she could even command a dog is it understood “English Commands”

Siren’s Song sonic in nature: She can only affect those who can hear her.

Siren’s Song – (Only affecting men) Like the siren’s of old. Her call only affects men. Women and children are not affected. However, there have been some exceptions, possibly due to sexual preferences.

Siren’s Song (Living sentient creatures only) – In this case, sentient living creatures covers all creatures having a heart beat or having blood circulating. Hence will affect humans, werewolves, fae, wizard, etc, but not vampires, undead, full blooded demons and Angels, or magically created creatures like Golems.

Power(s):
Siren’s Song – is a charm effect, enabling her to hypnotise those who hear her call. Her “victims” would do her bidding unless awakened (such as being attacked or “woken” by a loud noise such as a flashbang – Please refer to weakness for more limitations)

Limited Immortality – Lucia does not age and does not get sick. She is resistant to most poisons and hardier than most. However, this does not make her invulnerable.

Shapeshift - Like the Siren’s of old, Lucia can turn into a bird of prey, in her case, an Eleonora’s Falcon, a coastal bird of prey

Naturally Alluring - Like the legends of the Siren, There is a quality about her to makes her more alluring and desirable, causing those attracted to her to want to protect and please her.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Timeless

>__> I shouldn't do this but.. *plants interest flag*

I'm thinking to make a male Warlock. Faceclaim will be Tony Thornburg. >3>

Honeycrisp

Quote from: Arcanist on May 22, 2018, 11:13:07 AM
Well all done. Welcome any feedback you may have for my Siren - Lucia Laurent
I like how you thought about how her being unaging would affect her career and cause her to have to stay discrete about it.

Quote from: Timeless on May 22, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
>__> I shouldn't do this but.. *plants interest flag*

I'm thinking to make a male Warlock. Faceclaim will be Tony Thornburg. >3>
Why not?  You should.  Did you not see the brownies offered earlier?

TheBlackThrone

@Arcanist: She is approved.  :-)

@Timeless: Can't wait to see what you whip up.
The gates are open

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chantarelle

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chantarelle

TheBlackThrone

We just started the IC events. This game is always open to more participants. While I would like there to be more male characters, I do not want anyone feeling like they are obligated to play a male character if they normally do not play one. I would like for people to make characters they are comfortable with and can grow to love. If you like the paranormal and noir stuff, then give this game a shot.  :-)
The gates are open

Hob

Possible character concept: shy human male researcher/librarian with effectively no combat or magical skills. But he knows a lot about folklore...

Eva

This looks like fun and I've been dying to be in a group RP I am not the GM of, so I'm planting my flag now.  I'm going to start concocting a character soon, as I have no set ideas just yet, I thought I'd ask if you had any niches that needed filling? Not just in regards to race/species but in regards to role within the organization, If so I'll point my lens in that direction.

Honeycrisp

Quote from: Justric on May 27, 2018, 08:17:59 PM
Possible character concept: shy human male researcher/librarian with effectively no combat or magical skills. But he knows a lot about folklore...
A cute shy boy for us to flirt with, tease, and then make happy?  Yes, please. 

Quote from: Eva on May 27, 2018, 08:20:36 PM
This looks like fun and I've been dying to be in a group RP I am not the GM of, so I'm planting my flag now.  I'm going to start concocting a character soon, as I have no set ideas just yet, I thought I'd ask if you had any niches that needed filling? Not just in regards to race/species but in regards to role within the organization, If so I'll point my lens in that direction.
i don't but I'm happy to see you're interested!  Please do follow through and join us.

Eva

Justric and I were toying with the idea of playing brothers (I lured him here by waving this thread in front of him).  So I just need to play catch up with my writing and come up with an idea I want to play to pair with his.

Arcanist

Well like TheBlackThrone said, play something that you would love to play.

That was what I created. Something that I wanted to play. That way your also have a vested interest in him/her. Makes for a better roleplay I believe.

Hope to meet the brothers real soon.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Eva

Oh I have every intention of playing a character I love.  I always do. I was simply asking to try to fill in gaps and be helpful if such was needed.  I would take what was offered and form a character I was happy with around that.  I promise you I am a very versatile writer. 

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Eva

A quick question for you. We are currently working on our characters who will be bothers.  We've both found images we like, but cannot find out who they are.  I've used google image and tin-eye on the images and we've got no names for these gentlemen.  Also, I typically avoid using people's images who are recognizable to me so that is adding to my difficulty in finding images and "face claims"  Is this a sticking point? 

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Eva on May 28, 2018, 09:01:15 AM
A quick question for you. We are currently working on our characters who will be bothers.  We've both found images we like, but cannot find out who they are.  I've used google image and tin-eye on the images and we've got no names for these gentlemen.  Also, I typically avoid using people's images who are recognizable to me so that is adding to my difficulty in finding images and "face claims"  Is this a sticking point?

No. It's not all that important. I just ask people not to use Anime. I don't have anything against Anime. It's just for the feel of this game, I do not want anime images to be used because this isn't an anime-themed game. So people are free to use pics or not use pics at all. I have used a Stock Photo for my character James along with the face claim so I don't see your nameless face claims being a problem.

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 28, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
I'm seriously thinking about playing a male mythic.

Awesome.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

What would you consider a mythic? Could they be half-human and the other half dragon?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 28, 2018, 02:36:30 PM
What would consider a mythic? Could they be half-human and the other half dragon?

In the Character Thread, Arcanist made the character "Siren" based off the mythological creature. You can do something similar with a full dragon or you can do half-human half-mythic.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Name: Decimus - The First One - King of Dragons [Goes by Declan King ]
Nickname: Decker, Drake, Krum(short for Curmudgeon), First, Deathwing
Race: Ancient Dragon
Height: Variable(usually around 6'6 in his human form) | Very Tall in dragon form
Weight: Variable(Roughly 400lbs human) | Several Tons in dragon form
Hair Color: Usually black
Eye Color: Gold normally, but he uses regular colors to appear more human

Description:

Human Form - Despite Decimus' magics allowing him to assume the form of practically anything else, he has a preferred human form that everyone knows him as. Normally he appears as a handsome black man in his thirties, about 6'6 and very well muscled. He has sharp features, pearly white teeth, and intense eyes. He also tends to keep a full beard(and he usually trims it). His hair has changed over the years, but he's very fond of dreadlocks and has had them for a while. From his neck down to the ends of his wrists and ankles, his skin is covered in ancient symbols that appear as tattoos.

Dragon Form - Decimus' natural form is that of a massive dragon, spanning easily 60 feet or longer and being almost as tall. It's no exaggeration to say he is the size of several houses. His scales are a vibrant golden hue and glitter in the sunlight. His eyes are an orangeish-gold that matches his hide, and his teeth are like swords. He has a simply enormous wingspan and a spiked tail a portion of the length of his body. Not many in the Syndicate have seen his true form, as he rarely has need to use it around anyone.

Personality: Decimus is ancient beyond comprehension and has seen more than mortal eyes may ever peer upon. His brain chemistry and how he thinks acts, feels...it is a simply different process. He takes action after he has thought upon it, and has decided good or bad, for the near and far future. Not before.

He judges people on merit, as well as word and character. It's easy to say something, but hard to back it up. He doesn't try to force his views and will upon others, simply inform them of his own and try to make them see his opinion. If they choose differently, so be it. He values honor and decency above all, as they were the only thing that kept Dragonkin and the Humans from war in the past. While not a taskmaster, he is strict and if you are his student/protege/apprentice/underling/etc..., he expects discipline and obedience unless you can give him a good reason why you shouldn't follow his commands.

As he has been alive for so long, Declan has an untold amount of experience and likes to drop nuggets of wisdom when he can, but will never stop someone from growing with his own interference. People are made better if they have to struggle to succeed; he's seen it countless times over the centuries.

Background: Decimus is known as Decimus, the First One as he is believed to be the first dragon to emerge into this world, as well as the first to establish contact with humans. Due to his power and influence, as the Dragon race began to grow and flourish, he was named Dragon King, and given the honor and duty to protect his kind from all harm. And so he did, battling ferociously against the other races who wanted to kill Dragons for their scales, their teeth, their bones...even their very magic.

And while the dragonkin were powerful, they were few in comparison to the scores the other races called populations. There was a natural balance to things, and Decimus aimed to keep it that way. However, the human race was just as determined to subjugate dragon kind to their will. After a terrible battle that saw countless dead on both sides, the general of the human forces betrayed his King and slew him. Then he rode right up to Decimus and threw the King's head at his feet. He knew of the King's evil and how it was costing his people, so he decided to put a stop to the fighting.

Decimus was a creature of honor, and when the general threw his sword to the ground near the King's head, he could read his heart and see the sincerity. He ordered the dragons to stop fighting and the general ordered the humans to do the same. That day, a pact was created between humans and dragons. The hostilities would cease, and instead, peace would exist between them. Peace and mutual gain. To make the pact truly worth something, Decimus even offered to bind his very soul to the contract, offering his aid to humanity should they need it as long as the peace remains between dragons and humans.

The first time his help was needed was when Merlin and Arthur battled Morgan Le Fay and her dark magics threatened to end the world. Decimus supplied the raw power to forge Excalibur, while Nimue shaped the holy blade. Using such a large amount of energy weakened him however, and he slumbered for hundreds of years until he was needed again. As the world had progressed however, many of the dragons had found hidden places in the world to live, and most humans forgot they even existed.

A few remained who did however, and it was one such human who found a way to awaken him...right around WW2. With Hitler's massive war machine, and growing knowledge of the occult, it was only a matter of time before he decimated humanity and ruled the world with an iron fist. Art Hadley was the one who found him and revived him from his hibernation. He told him about the state of the world, and had the very contract he'd first signed so many ages ago.

He asked for Decimus' help, and he complied. He would become one of the first members of the Syndicate, and was instrumental in helping stop the Nazi's once and for all. After the war, he decided a good way to help keep humanity safe was to actively guard it. His people were all in their own slumber or alcoves hidden where they couldn't be found, so they didn't need his protection. Besides, he'd been asleep for hundreds of years. Maybe it was time to live a little? He's been an active Syndicate agent since the organization continued after the end of WW2.

Weapon(s):

Fang - A legendary black longsword sword made from the tooth of one of Decimus' oldest friends who was slain in battle long ago. It is indestructible, never dulls, and is able to channel energy through it's blade. When not in use, it appears to be a necklace with a tiny version of Fang as the jewel piece.

XyberCore Auto - .45 - This weapon is a .45 pistol with a 20 round clip and the capability to switch between single-shot, burst, and fully-automatic fire rates. Decimus usually keeps a few variations of ammo ready for different situations.

Skills:

Combat Mastery - Having been alive for centuries upon centuries, and having fought for large amounts of time throughout each, Decimus has seen more than his fair share of battle. He has fought as man and beast, and has learned from swordsmen, martial artists, archers, and all manner of fighter large and small, mortal and mystical across the world. If there's one thing he knows how to do, it's fight.

Wisdom - Decimus is extremely old, which means he has lived through much and experienced even more. He has dealt with so many situations that he has a vast store of wisdom and experience that help him in his everyday life and those around him as well. He's often looked to for advice and strategy.

Regal - Despite working "for"(more like closely with hand in hand) the Syndicate, Decimus is still the King of Dragons. He doesn't act like it much and doesn't like to remind people, but he has no issue acting with the full authority his title grants him if it will accomplish his goals.

Negotiation - As skilled as he is in battle, Decimus is just as talented when it comes to the opposite. He knows how to talk to people and creature alike. He knows how to listen and how to get them to listen to one another. While it is true he has left scores on the field of battle, he has similarly removed battlefields entirely by brokering peace between nations and races.

Weaknesses:

Soul-Binding Contract - The magic used to bind his soul to the contract pledging to protect humanity is powered by the ancient, primordial magics that flow deep through the leylines of the world. It is absolute and unbreakable. Should Decimus betray his pact in any way, his life would be forfeit.

Loneliness - A being who is thousands of years old is a very lonely individual, as the "thousands of years" part usually means they've outlived several lifetimes of loved ones. Despite his fascination and love for humans and all other races, Decimus has become somewhat distant as he knows his friends, new family, loved ones of today will one day simply...die. Sometimes this fact overtakes Decimus with bouts of melancholy and depression.

Hunger - Despite his ability to become human, Decimus is and will always be a dragon. As such, he has an appetite to match. Whenever he eats, it costs anywhere between hundreds to thousands of dollars and can take several hours to fill his stomach. The new recruits sometimes like to watch him whittle away at an entire table packed 5 plates high like he's eating a Ceasar Salad. Should he become truly hungry, he gets lethargic and is far less powerful due to his body not having the energy it needs to work at full capacity.

Rage - A great shame of Decimus' is that he was not always as he is now. As one of if not the first Dragon to exist, he is an ancient, instinctual, and primal being. And long, long ago, he full embraced the savagery within. It took time for him to temper his heart and mind. The issue, however, is that even though he has learned to control himself, it hasn't erased what he is on the inside. There have been times, and there will be again when the anger and instinct within him boil to the surface. At times like these, it is best to run and let him burn himself out unless someone he deeply trusts or cares about is around to snap him out of it(like Art or Bill)

Power(s):

Shapeshifting - A great gift of the Dragons is the ability to fully alter their form. Most Dragons can turn into a set human form and back again; a representation of themselves as a human. However, some like Decimus can do more. He can look like anyone, of any race or species, however, he does not replicate race-specific abilities like a Vampire's ability to use glamours. He can still fly in other forms, he just sprouts wings from whatever sort of back he has.

Ancient Dragon Magic - All Dragons possess the gift of magic, although it's power has waned over the course of history. Being one of the first, Decimus can wield the ancient magics for all manner of uses. However, even the ancient powers have limits and each Dragon can only shine in certain areas. Transmutation, Elemental Control, Healing, and "Beholder" the ability to know the truth of whatever lies before him(Used to dispel illusions, see through lies, etc...). He can also do the mundane like making a lock open or sensing magic in the area.

Dragon - As Decimus is actually a massive dragon, he is as strong, tough, and physically powerful as his body would lead you to believe. People tend to assume he uses some form of magic to increase his strength and speed in his human form, however, the truth is he still possesses all of his might in any of his forms and has learned to control his strength over the centuries.

Bestowal - Due to the massive amount of magic flowing through his veins, Decimus can lend others his power temporarily. This grants them enhanced physical abilities, as well as hard, armor-like scales, claws and the ability to breathe fire. The longest someone can be altered is a few minutes before the strain becomes too much and the power has to be taken back. [Two Turns]

Sirian Eve

Name: Kalor Einhorn
Nickname: Kal, Goldy
Race:  Dragon-Human (Homo Draconis)
Height:6’3
Weight: 174
Hair Color: Golden
Eye Color: Hazel

Description: Kalor is covered from head to toe in serpentine tattoo designs. He adorns a lot of jewelry. Crystals to be exact. The crystals help him channel his abilities and he wears a lot of silver because he has always been fond of it.

Visual:
Personality: Kalor is easy going. When the whole world is on fire, he will be the guy roasting marshmallows over that fire. He has a “I’ll get to it when I get to it" type of vibe. However when he is on mission, Kalor can be one of the most focused members of the Syndicate. He’s honest to a fault and has no problem making the hard choices. Other than that he can be quite generous, warm and passive. Depending on the company he could have very little to say or a lot to say. He’s a huge fan of feng shui.

Background: Many Dragons had become extinct during the  end of the second earth age. Many had chosen to ascend to different dimensions and took on an ethereal  form.  Others chose to change with the ages and  evolve with race of man, thus developing the ability to shift into human form.

In ancient history there are tales and stories of dragons and the Knights that fought them.Sometimes the dragon and the knight would be one of the same. Some of the greatest leaders in history were said to be descended of dragons, when in actuality they may have been dragons in human form.

Kalor was born in 1563 to the far east to a great conqueror Akbar and his  Rajput Queen Jhodaai Rai, a human. At the decline of his fathers empire, his people had been conquered in battle  and his father beheaded. Following the customs of her tradition, his mother, along with 10,000 women performed a ritual suicide and walked into a sea of fire.

Kalor was left for dead on the battlefield. When he came too, he discovered what happened and left to head west. As time progressed he changed his name, changed occupations and skill sets. During the time of machines he found himself a soldier   fighting for the side of the west  during WW2. His skill set in battle proved useful enough to draw the attention of a human named Arthur Hadley and thus he became a member of The Syndicate.

Weapon(s): Heckler and Koch 9mm stainless steel slides, with a silver handle.
Skills: He has mastered the ancient indian art of Kalaripayattu. He can wield anything from swords, daggers, spears, staves, cudgels and maces.
Alchemy: In the 1700’s he studied the art of alchemy. Learning to combine tinctures and healing balms as well as base metal magic.

Weaknesses:
Haboring Dragons love gold, it’s no secret. Mountains of it prove debilitating. It can cause them to go insane.
Mortality - he is susceptible to damage  like any other being of flesh and blood
Acidic blood- Sometimes seen as a  blessing. He got into a bad accident while mixing an alchemical potion that turned his blood highly acidic. Thanks to his regenerative abilities the acidic blood does no harm to him, but if he were to come into contact with a lover of friend. The poisonous blood would kill them or make them sick.

Regenerative capabilities- He is immune to most toxins, poisons and ages slowly due to a healing factor.
Shape shifting- He rarely uses his dragon form, except when in great need.
Fire breathing-  He can use this ability  in both dragon and human form.
Magic- Most dragons have the capacity to wield magic. Even half-lings like him. Though his preference is alchemical magick.

shii

Interested.... Thinking about an incubus character. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: shii on May 28, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
Interested.... Thinking about an incubus character. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Long time no shii~!  ;D
The gates are open

shii

Sirian Eve

Oooo me and Jugg might need to collabo!

Let me know what you think @TheBlackThrone.

Hob

The background is still a work in progress, but everything else is more or less set. No changes to powers, weaknesses, weapons, skills or anything else planned.

Dr. Henry Glass
Name: Dr. Henry Glass

Nickname: None at this time

Race: Human

Height: 5'-10”

Weight: 145 lb.

Hair Color: Brown with brassy-highlights

Eye Color: Deep Gray

Description: Of average height but underweight, he’s a handsome enough man with a quiet demeanor. His cheeks are a bit gaunt and his eyes a little hollow with circles underneath them at times. The scent of him is a mix of soap and old books. His appearance is neat with his hair cut simply, although he's quite shaved all the way. The first general impression people get of him is that he needs a sandwich. And some sunlight. And maybe a nap.  In terms of physical strength and constitution, he’s your average human. While not particularly fast, his long fingers are highly dexterous, enabling him to quickly write, palm small objects, and perform an amazing number of card tricks. In terms of clothing, he usually dresses… well, like a librarian! Neat slacks, button down shirt, necktie, vest, a jacket on occasion if it’s called for, polished shoes… Usual mannerisms include shifting on his feet nervously when people are talking around him, but always having an intense focus when working on tasks by himself.

Visual:

Personality: Dr. Henry Glass is a complicated man. While anxious around other people, he wants to be friendly but doesn’t always know how to go about it. When pressed, he becomes flustered, and yet when set a task he focuses on it to the exclusion of all else. He does his best to be kind, and he’s often concerned about the welfare of his friends in The Syndicate, always trying to be the best and do what’s right. Where words fail him, he often tries to convey his regard for others with small, simple actions, feeling that they speak louder for him than words. He does have a darker side, though. He’s no love for bullies or callous teasing. It’s the Hyde to his Jekyll, but it lies contentedly sleeping in the back of his mind, a part of him and not (as some might believe) an internal enemy. Love, romance, sex? He has little experience in any of it, although the darkness inside craves it all, even the romance. Henry is intensely loyal to those who are kind to him, but admittedly more loyal to some than to others.

Background:

[Early Years Still In Progress]

Henry is one of the few humans in The Syndicate who was actively recruited. The usual method of hiring humans is to pick up those who survive encounters with the supernatural and make them an offer: wipe away or alter the memories of the encounter... or… join The Syndicate in helping to keep the peace. Henry stood out, though. That he had a PhD in Anthropology with related degrees in Library and Museum Sciences didn’t make him particularly stand out in his field. Nor did his young age, having attained his PhD just recently at the age of 32; he’d gotten an early start on education by taking undergraduate courses while still in high school. Uncommon but not unheard of in the realms of academia.

What stood out was that he was regarded generally as a kook by his peers. His thesis and theories regarding folklore were regarded as somewhat outlandish despite the fact that he had successfully defended his thesis with ample evidence. A lot of evidence. Peer reviews in journals didn’t take his work too seriously, though, because the ideas that he presented simply defied modern sense! Monsters? Fairies? Demons? Angels? His papers never argued that these creatures existed, oh no! Only that various cultures worldwide shared a number of similarities that was hard to explain away. But the tone of his work, the way he spoke about it… Henry Glass knew the truth without ever actually having had to see it.

How exactly The Syndicate had heard about him, he wasn’t sure, but it wasn’t a job that he felt that he could turn down. They had lots of field agents but remarkably few people who knew how to run an archive, do research, and curate ‘special collections’ for them.

And then there was his younger brother… who The Syndicate also took an interest in when Henry told them about him...

Weapon(s):
Sawed-off Shotgun, 5 rounds. The shells are filled with a mix of sea salt,    rock salt, iron shavings, silver bits, and mustard seeds.

Swiss Army Knife. Not a weapon, really, but it comes in handy!

Bric-a-brac. Not weapons as such, but he carries bits and pieces of various things that he might need: string, rubber bands, chalk, old coins, a horseshoe nail, bit of grave dirt, small flask of holy water, disposable camera, compass (one for finding north and one for drawing circles, a couple sets of polyhedral dice, a pencil stub, a deck of cards, a deck of Tarot cards, a folding map, etc, etc... Most of it is kept in his messenger bag, but some of it is scattered through his pockets. Somewhere. Give him a minute, he'll find it!

Skills:
Librarian Par Excellence - You need to know something? He can find it. He knows where all the books are and their contents (in general) in every library he has access to in the immediate area. If he can’t find something in particular, he’ll have at least a good idea as to who can. It still takes time to research but less time than one might expect. If the topic is about the supernatural in any way shape or form, it’s all the easier for him to get the info and have it compiled into a usable format for others. That’s provided he doesn’t already know at least a little bit about the topic at hand to begin with.

Got Some Hustle!  - He learned a lot in all of his years at university, and not all of it academic. Despite his bashfulness, he’s an accomplished pool shark, a well-practiced amateur magician, and only a fool plays cards with him! (Playing darts with him is a bad idea, though. People tend to go running once he starts throwing, especially the people standing behind him…) He can pull a beer and pour a shot like a pro bartender, too, and his cocktails are sure-fire party favorites; bartending allows him to be part of a group without actually having to interact with anyone. The unicycle riding and balloon animals really don’t come into play much anymore. (Sidenote: he detests chess. It’s a stereotype that actually makes him angry when folks assume he plays chess. Which he can play decently, he just doesn’t like it.) No one really knows about any of this except for his brother, of course, because he doesn’t talk about it.

Field Medic - He’s not a medical doctor. Not even an EMT. But he can pack and stitch a wound, wind a tourniquet, and perform CPR. In a pinch, he can extract a bullet, but it’s going to leave one hell of a scar, and he doesn’t have any experience with anesthetics; he has to make do with over the counter painkillers and bits of folk medicine that he somehow actually makes work. Granted, most of the folks he works with heal pretty quickly on their own, but no one likes to be left bleeding all over the place. And his chicken soup is to die for!

Sign Language - Henry knows both ASL and ISL.

Weaknesses:
Clueless – Whether it's someone trying to kill him or flirt with him, it takes a little bit for him to get the hint. He can be a little slow on the uptake when it comes to social cues. At the same time, being overly forward with him makes him incredibly nervous. In addition, he usually has no clue at all as to recent events, news of the world at large, and may not even know (or care) who The President currently is. Once in a while, he’s go out to eat, only to discover that the noodle shop across the street that he ate at once has actually been closed for a couple of years now.

Can't  Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn – Giving him a gun and telling him to hit something with it, he's better off just throwing the gun instead of trying to shoot it. He's been given a sawed-off shotgun to defend himself with, one of the few weapons that doesn't really require precise aiming. He does try to practice with it now and then, an event which usually causes folks to give the firing range a wide berth.

Wall Flower – He doesn't like to stand out. He doesn't like to speak out. Much as he wants to, it's hard for him to interact with others. He wants to, but it takes a lot of effort to draw him out of his shell.

Only Human - There’s nothing special about him. He can die as easily as any other human being on the planet.

Dark Desires – It's always the quiet ones…

Power(s):
Highly But Erratically Intelligent – A broad knowledge of folklore, fairytales, ghost stories, superstitions, urban legends, old wives tales, and uncommon sense... all of which may or may not be effective at any given time against any given creature. But his solutions are usually the last thing that a foe of any power would expect to be used against them. (“Here. I had a priest bless this can of seltzer water, so technically it’s holy now. Just shake, aim it at the vampire, and pull the tab.”)

Wandering Mind – More of a strength than a weakness, his shifting train of thought and tangent-jumping allow him to make great leaps of logic. More importantly, it makes it difficult for those trying to read his mind or mentally control him; it’s like working a stripped screw. Quiet on the outside, his mind is an ever-churning storm of thoughts. This does not protect him from emotional-based influences, however. (In short, it’s damned hard to Dominate him, but not so hard to Charm him)

shii

Name: Armitage Borinski
Nickname: Nothing yet.
Sexuality: Bi
Race: Incubus
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 180
Hair Color: Blonde, wavy, perpetually mussed
Eye Color: Deep wells of inky darkness, a mesmerizing abyss.

Description: Human body in appearance. No scars, tattoos, or piercings. He could be described as athletic.

Visual:
Alex Pettyfer

Personality: Words to describe our boy Armitage: Happy go lucky, charismatic, Casanova, unabashed, shameless, always guilty, rascal, trickster, scam artist, thief, mischievous, clownish, free-spirited, lover, passionate, gentle (except if you like it rough), humorous, non-confrontational, commitment issues.

Armitage is a raw, reckless, irresponsible, lovesick fool. Very rarely intimidated, he doesn’t tend to take anything very seriously and seems to have zero shame. He’s kinda like a puppy, cute and well-meaning but, he still peed on the carpet and chewed up your favorite slippers. He falls in love more often than a teenage girl but don’t let that put you off. He’s never cold or uncaring with his lovers. In fact, his emotions and intention to commitment are as genuine and real as he can feel them.
However, he’s got a problem with cheating and he never means to do it but it seems to happen and before he knows it he’s caught up in two (or four) relationships instead of one, which always ends badly for him. It’s not that he doesn’t love his partners because he does but he has trouble with commitment and once things start to settle down in a relationship and it starts to feel a little like a ball and chain he starts to get nervous, asking himself if it’s really what he wants. It doesn’t help that he may not pick the best people to try and build a relationship with and in fact they may be all wrong for him in all the ‘right' ways.
He enjoys freedom and, parties and, he enjoys group sex. He’s not the best judge of a person’s moral character which tends to get him into trouble. Often he relies on his charm to get himself out of unpleasant situations and if that fails his hands can slip just about any knot and pick any lock. However when life gets him down, especially after a nasty break up, he can be mopey and have a particular fondness for heavy alcohol consumption.

Background: He never had a father figure growing up but that was just fine his mother was more than enough to do the job of raising him being a sort of grizzly bear mother type. His mother was a succubus and they traveled around wherever the wind took them with their caravan. He grew up learning how to pit pocket, break into cars and generally cause mischief with all the other kids. While he wasn’t brought up in a rich, fancy home he couldn’t remember wanting for much of anything. His mother was good to him and he was never abused as a child. He had as normal a life as a gypsy kid could have, minus all the theft charges.

When he came of age he discovered he quickly discovered his appetite as an Incubus. This lead him to explore his powers, which lead him deep into the dark places of the underground, partying with drug dealers, gangsters and real monsters. It got to a point that even he had to admit that he had a problem and needed help. He joined The Syndicate, offering them his skills and services and in exchange they protected him from the enemies he made in the underground and taught him better control of himself. Don’t expect the boy to work too hard though he’s still a free spirited party animal at heart.

Weapon(s): He doesn’t really carry any weapons unless he feels like he might need something. He is a decent shot with most smaller guns without a lot of kick back but he is better with a small dagger and his silver tongue.

Skills:

Break in/Break out: He can pick any lock. There has not been a door he couldn’t get past or a pair of handcuffs he couldn’t slip.

Thief: Careful now he will steal more than your heart if you let him and you won’t even notice it’s gone until it’s too late.

Parkour: He may not be much of a fighter compared to much more powerful beings but the boy can sure run. He uses what is around him to help evade a pursuer.

Weaknesses:

Devine influence: Incantations evoking the power of god, holy water, rosaries/crosses are all things that affect him to greater or lesser degrees depending on the person's faith. Holy water burns him and crosses, especially when wielded by one of strong faith are like a heavy weight, sapping him of strength often bringing him to his knees. He dosesn't actively fear these things but he is physically affected by them.

Entrapment: Armitage can’t stand being locked up. Call it a sort of claustrophobia if you will. If you do manage to trap him and lock him up he will do damn near anything to get out.

Desire: Armitage feeds off his partners sexual energy and if it has been too long between meals his other powers weaken. His desire is often extremely difficult to control and can drive him to distraction. Being young he has quite an appetite which can get him into trouble and complicate his life later.

Don’t break his heart: Armitage when he falls in love he falls pretty hard so if someone breaks up with him expect him to crawl inside a bottle and be useless, singing along to those cringy sappy love songs while bawling his eyes out on his best friend’s shoulder.

Bad Luck?: Is it bad luck that at the most inopportune times he tends to land himself in heaps of trouble? Maybe it is maybe it’s a curse, maybe it’s just the consequences of his actions. Whatever it is he tends to land himself in some tight spots.

Power(s):

Sexual desire: He can and often does induce sexual desire in both men and women often getting them to admit all kinds of information while rolling in the sheets in an intoxicated state of mind. His success with this may depend on how much the person resists.

Invisibility: He can make himself invisible. However, he can not make himself not have any substance as in become air-like and he can not make clothes or items disappear with him, so you guessed it he has to be naked for this to work properly. He can only maintain this for about an hour, sometimes less depending on the situation.

Dream influence: While someone is asleep he can see into their dreams and manipulate them. This is more of an art and takes quite a lot of practice so he may not be as good with it yet as those of his species that are older.

Immortality-sort of: He will live without aging seemingly forever if not mortally wounded in some way.

Eva

Name: Oliver Glass
Nickname: None as of yet.
Race: Were-Jaguar (it's complicated)
Height: 6’
Weight: 170lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Description: Oliver is leanly muscled and moderately tall. His hair is a curly black which he keeps short around the sides but long on top.  He’s not the most dedicated shaver and often sports a few days growth of beard.  His skin seems perpetually sun-kissed and across his back is a V of faint freckles.  His teeth are very white, very straight and when he flashes a smile his canine teeth are just pointy enough to be of interest but not so much as to be suspicious. 

Personality: Sometimes Oliver comes off as cocky and impatient (and while he is those things) there is a lot of self-doubt and broken parts that lie underneath.  He can be a bit sarcastic but he has a great deal of innate charm and charisma to offset it.  His smile is that of a mischievous boy, it is an honest and true part of him.  While he casts himself as the stupid brother, he was always the personable one.  He simply sees his brother in such a glowing light that he misses the fact that his brother is human and therefore leaves no room for himself to be human.

Background: So, let’s see-you want the public story or the real one? Well how about a mix of them both.  Mom, Pop, big brother Henry and I all lived in an old ivy-covered brick house across the street from the University where Pop was head of the History Department. Pop was a brain and would have starved to death had Mom not been there to take care of all the little details for him (and eventually, for us). She’s something special, mom is.  As nurturing as she is smothering and meddling.  Wait, scratch that, my mom’s a saint. So… everything was hunky dory for about 85% of my life until I was 14 and Pop up and decided to have an aneurysm without checking in with Mom. Things were chaos for a while, as you can imagine but life went on and thanks to Pop’s tenure me and Henry were guaranteed free rides and thanks to his pension Mom was taken care of. Which was good because Henry was a certified genius and taking college courses even before he got out of high school.  I mean, I’m no slouch in the brain department, but next to Henry, I’m pretty darn dull.  I guess you could say I was the jock of the family, which is sort of intended as a joke since I’m not really, nor have I ever been, into organized sports. There just wasn’t much left for me. I couldn’t even be a Mama’s boy since I sorta resented the way Mom took care of everything and didn’t leave us much choice in anything. 

My mother’s a saint. 

Anyway, so, despite being the dumb one in the family I made straight A’s without much effort and even though I totally couldn’t compete with him, I ended up sort of following in Henry’s footsteps getting my a nice stack of degrees in Anthropology.  Though I did take a different direction than old Henry did. He spread his net nice and broad, using with a focus on comparative Anthropology, while I decided to laser focus my attention and research. So that was why I was pursuing my PhD in South America where things went, pun intended, south for me.  I was stationed in Peru, working with the Shipibo tribe and documenting their tribal religion when I finally made contact with one of their Ayahuasquero priests. I was certain that I was finally going to blow the lid off the secrets of this secretive tribe’s religious customs to a depth that not even Henry could have managed when everything went a little sideways.

Long story short, I drank their Kool-aid and came back from the jungle very different. Different as in, I sometimes run on all fours, have claws and sport a spotted jacket. Let’s just say I’m a were-jaguar.  Yes, I know it’s more complicated than that, but can we just leave it at that?  No?  Well OK then.  I drank their Kool-aid and I communed with their spirits. I saw the giant serpent that circled the earth perpetually swallowing its own tail. I watched as thousands of the tribe’s ancestors flew up from the world tree like a flock of Technicolor parrots each one screaming prophecies of a future that would come to pass in some version of the myriad different worlds that lay stacked alongside ours. Their prophecies fell like guano, spattering the world below, some hit me and I didn’t even care. I was too tripped out to really give a shit. I saw all this and I felt my mind break and reform, over and over again. When the drink wore off I found I was no longer alone.  Yeah, he’s got a name, no I’m not going to say it.  He hasn’t given me permission, that’s why.

Any way, I came back a little messed up and Henry, good big brother that he is gets me this interview and hopefully a gig with your agency.  I’m a screw-up, but I’m no slouch.  I’ll get the work done and you know I have some unique talents that will come in handy.  Besides, it’s not like I’m going to be able to complete my PhD any time soon.   

Weapon:
9mm pistol of some sort.  He’s come to it recently and is a decent shot but still has a long way to go. 

Machete-he learned to use it for practical uses in the Rain-forest and since it is a familiar tool, he keeps it handy figuring that’s one less obstacle in his way to learning.  But in the end, he is a weapon and doesn’t need one.

Skills:

For all that he’s the “stupid brother” he’s still quite brilliant and has a vast array of knowledge about primitive religions of the world and their supernatural traditions with a focus on the Americas.

He’s a really good driver.  Good to begin with, his sharp reflexes have only made him better.

He speaks several languages beside English fluently: Spanish, Portuguese, French and a smattering of Dutch.

Artistic- always a dabbler, he’s got a good hand for drawing people’s likenesses from description.  He’s also recently taken up painting in an effort to put to canvas what he saw when he was under the influence of the hallucinogen given to him by the priests.

Weaknesses:
He gets his powers from the Jaguar spirit that is in his head.  It isn’t something in his control and while he can placate it with offerings of tobacco, it isn’t always placated or quiet when he wants it to be. As a result he’s taken up a smoking habit which can be very inconvenient.

Though he doesn’t have the full formula of what was in the drink that set him on this path, he’s been trying to approximate it hoping to get another chance at face-to-face time with the being in his head.  Once he wanted this so he could ask it to leave, now he’s not so sure why he’s still trying. This means that every now and again he’s tripped out on an experiment.

Impatient with people.  He gets a little impatient with people, before it was just because his mind was running much faster than the average person and he was confident in his abilities, but now he’s also running much faster on a physical level with his enhanced reflexes so it makes him even more impatient.

Self-doubt.  He used to think that he could play catch up with Henry, but now he’s certain he cannot.  He used to think he could navigate life with his customary boldness and aplomb, now he’s not so sure. He was an adventurer, now he’s afraid to make things worse. When he’s not in the heat of battle or his beast is taking over, he agonizes over decisions worried about the consequences.

Powers:
Shape-shifting  He can take on the shape of a Jaguar, or a hybrid man-jaguar form.  He can also adjust his coat from spotted to black as needed. He can change at will, though if he is stressed, or frightened it may happen without his intending it to. He’s working on control at the time being.

Enhanced strength, he’s incredibly strong even when he isn’t transformed though his strength is greatest in his hybrid form.

Incredible reflexes- he’s got lightning fast reflexes now, even greater when he is shifted.

Enhanced senses- all of his senses are sharpened to preternatural levels, above average in his normal form, even sharper when he is shifted.

shii

Eva

Well thank you very much.  I look forward to RPing with you all.

Honeycrisp

What a rich panoply of characters and creativity you all have brought!  I'm so impressed and super glad you want to write them.

Hob

Thanks for the welcome, folks! Looking forward to posting later tonight!

Eva

I will hopefully be positing tomorrow, I have a few posts that are overdue that come up first.

Timeless

After some struggle on my part, think I'll withdraw my interest for now. >__>; Just couldn't get along with my muse to get a character sheet down. Wish all the best of luck!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Timeless on May 30, 2018, 02:28:20 AM
After some struggle on my part, think I'll withdraw my interest for now. >__>; Just couldn't get along with my muse to get a character sheet down. Wish all the best of luck!

Sorry to see you go Timeless. The game will always be here if you decide on a concept.

Updated the OP with the current roster.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open