Interest check: Changeling, The Dreaming (oWoD or freeform)

Started by Annie, April 25, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnTheGreat

Human Name: Paul Giles
Fae Name: Ethyr
Kith: Pooka
Court: Seelie
Legacy: Panderer, fool
Seeming: Wilder
House: Unaffiliated
Concept: mischievous joker
Mortal Age: 19
Character sheet: sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/17881 (it wouldn't let me post links but it's easy enough to copy/paste that.)

Mortal appearance: Paul is short and a little on the scrawny side. He has very sharp facial features and a constant glint in his dark brown eyes. His dark, shoulder length is a constant mess but he insists that it suits him better that way. He has a small amount of stubble around his chin. His usual dress is simply jeans and a t-shirt.
Fae appearance: His nose and chin are even longer and pointier. The hair on his chin is thinker and his teeth are sharper. His eyes are black and he has the ears of a rat. His fingers are long and thin with sharp fingernails.
Character Bio: He has spent his entire life annoying some people and making the rest laugh. He has been kicked out of st least one school, probably more (he lies too often for anyone other than his teachers to know for sure). He tends to avoid conflict but sometimes his jokes and pranks rub people the wrong way.
He reacted to his chrysalis the same way he reacts to everything, he found it hilarious and ignored the greater implications.

I have no idea what the Ravaging/Musing Threshold part is about and I took three dots in treasure and I don't really know what that gets me  :-\
Also I don't really know where to find pictures  :-(

HairyHeretic

I guess you could have the younger fae, but it would mean the game would have to be non adult.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Annie

@JohnTheGreat, the ravaging/musing threshold is basically how you draw glamour from mortals. Since you're a Seelie, it's more likely that your character uses the musing threshold. A Seelie changeling can draw glamour from mortals in many ways, like inspiring them with creativity, hope, love, etc. Unseelie uses a more drastically, easier to get glamour, but that can surrender the mortal unable to dream anymore (not sure about the unseelie part). And there's the rhapsody, a method forbidden by both courts (this one sure makes the mortal unable to dream).

About the treasure: 3 pts in treasure means that you have an artifact with such power equal to 3 pts in an art.

Oh, and about the pictures, that's ok. A good description can be better than any pictures. ;D

@HairyHeretic: yes. So, no childlings in this game, please!! ;P

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Marie Reynolds

I would have to agree that the childers would be out cause their will be plenty of adult oriented behaviors especially with Unseelie running around

Annie

Ok, I found a good site with most the information that should cover character creation. Dunno if I can post the link here so, pm me if interested.

EDIT: Need a quick answer here... what means that realm affinity on kiths?

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Muse

Oh, I've forgotten what the benefit is there!  Grr...  My books are all at home. 

Anyone else know? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Annie

I can't find in the books...

Well, I'll keep searching.

Hmm, how many freebie points we do have?

Annie

Marie Reynolds

Well I get off around 1600 in Japan and I'll be working on my procurement of the books do I'll haver that nswer for you

Josietta

Quote from: Annie on May 07, 2012, 08:58:11 PM
Ok, I found a good site with most the information that should cover character creation. Dunno if I can post the link here so, pm me if interested.

EDIT: Need a quick answer here... what means that realm affinity on kiths?

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Dream_Realms_(Changeling:_The_Dreaming)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Annie

Hmm, I do have the realms descriptions. What I wanted to know is: what means, for instance, that a Pooka have an affinity with the Nature realm? Does that mean he/she can learn it faster? Does it mean that we have to spent points there first before spent in another realm? I'm really lost here. :/

EDIT: Found it!! When you use a cantrip within your kith affinity, its dificulty is reduced by 1.

Annie

~WIP~

Human Name: Marie "Hattie" Denvers

Fae Name:
True: Elleanor Longears
Nick: Ellen

Kith: Pooka
Court: Seelie
Legacy:
Seelie: Jester
Unseelie: Riddler

Seeming: Wilder
House: Unaffiliated
Mortal Age: 17
Character sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/17925

Appearance:

There's a picture for reference:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Other pictures: 1 - 2 - 3.

Mortal:
Well, look at the picture above. Done? Ok, now imagine that girl without that strange clothes. No, no, no, not in that way, your pervert! Although I have to agree with you: she have a beautiful slender body. But, back to business. Just try to imagine her with "some" mundane pieces: boots, a long skirt, a sleeveless shirt, another skirt, maybe a dress, a unbuttoned long sleeve blouse, fingerless cotton gloves and finally a black overcoat over it all. Oh, and don't forget her beloved top hat (with two holes for her rabbit ears, after all, no one would want Marie to gain banality for free) and her inseparable umbrella (the mundane looks of the Carrot Stinger).

Congratulations, you just pictured Marie "Hattie" (or just Hattie) on her self-called artistic voile. It's the way she dress for her street magic shows and, therefore, the way she will be seen most. I have to admit that she have a bad taste for fashion: her looks is far away from sexy. In fact, one could think, on the first look, that she's just a surprisingly perfumed and cute beggar. But there's something on it, maybe her cuteness, maybe the way she can make one feel the urge to protect her, that actually can attract people, earning their trust. Pookas... Go figure...

Fae mien:
Now, look at the picture again. Just some minor changes and we have Ellen on her fae mien. First, her white bunny ears, of course! Coming from the top of her head, they keep her hat in place, appearing from two holes on it. She has a rabbit nose and a bunny whiskers, also. Her eyes are of a beautiful blue, but the iris and pupil is a bit big, like of a bunny. On the back of her pants, one could see her white bunny tail. Her hands and feet are covered in white fur. She always carry on an umbrella, a disguise for her rapier, the Carrot Stinger. If Marie is cute on her mundane appearance, that's even more true for Ellen's fae mien. A great disguise for her, since she's an amazing swordswoman.

Oh, that's right! About her animal looks... Ellen can shapeshift into a complete white bunny, with a somewhat strange blue color for her eyes.

Personality:

Most of Ellen's traits seems to exist only to mislead and confuse. Most of the kithain would say that she is still a childling, due to her innocence and unquenchable curiosity, when in truth she has a deep connection with the Dream, knowing some of its secrets. One would say that she is a pacifist or a coward, avoiding fights and fleeing in the first oportunity when facing one, when in truth she is a fierce and honored warrior. Looking at her fondness for prestidigitation, you would say that she knows most kinds of fae magic, when in truth she rely heavily on her swordsmanship when in a pinch. That's how she is: unpredictable, mysterious in a sense. Ellen covers her past in mistery, be it in her mortal life, be it in her fae lives (yes, she has complete memories of most of her lives as a kithain).

Being a Pooka, Ellen simply cannot afford to see sadness around her. She will do anything to see at least a smile on the sad person. She's loyal, a person that one would want to have on his side when in trouble or at good times. Just don't try to get any information from her... you would have your patience drained up before you get anything, while Ellen would stand in front of you smiling and chewing a carrot. And, given that she finally said you something worthy, that will be probably the truth... so well mixed with lies that you can't say for sure what's true and what's a lie. Oh, and save your patience... her curiosity can drive someone nuts.

Bio: WIP

SeriousMoonlight

Oh god, there are two Pookas in the motley. My Sluagh is going to pull her hair out by the end of this journey, I'm sure  :-)
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Annie

Lol. Well, I'm wondering... would it be too odd if a Pooka isn't into pranks?

I wanted to make my Pooka more focused on lying (of course!!) and annoying people with her curiosity. A nocker would be driven insane with her in his lab, pushing every single button she could find. ;P

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Annie on May 08, 2012, 12:20:13 AM
Lol. Well, I'm wondering... would it be too odd if a Pooka isn't into pranks?

I wanted to make my Pooka more focused on lying (of course!!) and annoying people with her curiosity. A nocker would be driven insane with her in his lab, pushing every single button she could find. ;P

I don't think that would be too out of character. Although oh jeez, my poor Sluagh... people touching her things and lying to her just drives her up the wall! Especially when said person is a hyperactive Pooka. But yeah, you've definitely still got the mischief there and that's fine. I'm excited to see how your character comes out.
Hello, I'm Moon!

JohnTheGreat

Quote from: Annie on May 07, 2012, 01:20:23 PM
About the treasure: 3 pts in treasure means that you have an artifact with such power equal to 3 pts in an art.

So I can have some sort of item that allows me to cast say Effigy, the 3 dot art/spell/whatever from Legerdemain?

Annie

@SeriousMoonlight  That´s what I thought. Would be boring if every single pooka needed to be a prankster. ;D

@JohnTheGreat Yes, you´re right. The item would do the Effigy cantrip, and only that.

HairyHeretic

Are there any books disallowed for character creation? I know various books (Kithbooks for example) add in other options.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Muse

Charisma Copperfield chases Annie's Pookah around the lab.  "Frack, Don't let the FUBARs out!  Careful, that's partialy hydrogonated applie phlebotemum!  Drek, dive for cover!"  *Balaity incinerating electric zots fly everywhere.* 

"I like this girl, Muse!  Can I keep her?" 

Charisma, did you just break the fourth wall again? 

The goblin looks at her writer with wide, inocent green eyes.  "Would I do that?" 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Annie

Quote from: Muse on May 08, 2012, 11:52:16 AM
Charisma Copperfield chases Annie's Pookah around the lab.  "Frack, Don't let the FUBARs out!  Careful, that's partialy hydrogonated applie phlebotemum!  Drek, dive for cover!"  *Balaity incinerating electric zots fly everywhere.* 

"I like this girl, Muse!  Can I keep her?" 

Charisma, did you just break the fourth wall again? 

The goblin looks at her writer with wide, inocent green eyes.  "Would I do that?"

Lol!! That was wonderful, Muse! ^^

Muse

*Grins*  Thank you, Annie.  I gather Charisma's gotten herself into some sort of position of authority. 

The knocker girl pauses soberly, then breaks into protesting sobs.  "Authority?  No!  But, all I do is in the name of science!" 

She sulks away and--as soon as she thinks no one can see--rubs her palms together and crows in triumph, "Yes, today the freehold, tomorrow the world!" 

Annie

Quote from: SeriousMoonlight on May 08, 2012, 02:11:25 AM
I don't think that would be too out of character. Although oh jeez, my poor Sluagh... people touching her things and lying to her just drives her up the wall! Especially when said person is a hyperactive Pooka. But yeah, you've definitely still got the mischief there and that's fine. I'm excited to see how your character comes out.

I really do hope Alastair doesn't get too excited when Ellen is hopping around in her bunny form.  ???  Is he neutered? ;P

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Annie on May 08, 2012, 11:26:15 PM
I really do hope Alastair doesn't get too excited when Ellen is hopping around in her bunny form.  ???  Is he neutered? ;P

Oh my god I think I laughed way harder at this than I should have!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

I'm willing to entertain Amy kith just give me a heads up