[Interest Check] Android/Robot/Mecha Musume RP

Started by ShanaTheIV, March 04, 2012, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanai

What kind of mech interface will the pilots have? Mechwarrior style where they are in a cockpit with pedals and joysticks? Or a direct control style where the mech moves as if it was the pilots own body? Will pilots wear a uniform, a special suit or even be naked in the cockpit with the mech interfacing directly with their body?

I love mechs of any kind.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Blobbe

Cool beans. I'll begin working on a character idea, though I have a few concepts.

ryanmcallister80

If it fits with the background, I'll work on my genetic engineered/clone character.

ShanaTheIV

Quote from: Sanai on March 08, 2012, 01:30:22 AM
What kind of mech interface will the pilots have? Mechwarrior style where they are in a cockpit with pedals and joysticks? Or a direct control style where the mech moves as if it was the pilots own body? Will pilots wear a uniform, a special suit or even be naked in the cockpit with the mech interfacing directly with their body?

I love mechs of any kind.

Hm, I was thinking it can be whatever you want, really. Good point. I'm adding a new category for the mechs.

Interface: (How a mech will be control/AI)

ShadowFox89

I actually think I'm going to go work on my own mecha game... Anyone ever play Dark Heresy?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ryanmcallister80

Working on my character now, will post his template in the next few days. No idea on mecha yet, I think I need to discuss tech levels etc in more detail.

Sanai

Here are some mech pics for inspiration.....
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I think the GM should essentially choose the level of tech, style of mechs and control interface that everyone has, to keep it sort of standardized.

As for interfaces- I would say a direct interface between the mech and the pilots body/mind would have great advantages, particularly for humanoid bipedal mechs (as instead of messing with controls the pilot simply walks, and instead of the pilot walking the nerve impulses cause the mech to walk) it enables the mech to handle just like a human being (Except stronger and faster) The pilot would probably also feel what the mech feels, i.e. pain when the mech is hit, dizzyness if the mechs gyro becomes unbalanced, euphoria when the mech makes a kill, etc, feel their arm go dead and numb when the mechs arm has been blown of, etc.
For the other style of control (sitting in a cockpit driving it with joysticks like a pilot) this would be cheaper/easier to produce, and suit non humanoid mechs well (armless chickenwalker mechs, quadmechs, etc).

Perhaps both styles should be in? Non humanoid mechs have the joystick style (perhaps with some level of neural interface, but a normal cockpit) and are generally used for certain types of roles (walking tanks, missile platforms, etc) while humanoid mechs move and fight like actual humanoid bipeds and are used for alot of the frontline combat, also being alot more agile, and better suited to having jumpjets/flying around, using a full interface where the pilot sees what the mech sees, feels what the mech feels, and the pilot controls the mech as if it were their own body, with no cockpit, instead more or less wearing the mech, all plugged in and etc?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Blobbe

I think the direct cybernetic/neural interface works well for the feel/theme of the game and its technology; blurr the line between man and machine and all that.

Kimera

Interested if you still have room

It's gonna be freefrom right?

Have a few character ideas so far

ShanaTheIV

It will be freeform, yes. There's still plenty of room left for this rp.

@ Sanai: Do you really think so? I like your thinking. I'll see about adding one or both styles to the story.

I'll post my characters' profiles in a bit. Also, I could use a second or third GM for those that are interested.

ShanaTheIV

Sure, Toughie. I'll let you handle some of the enemy encounters as well. Just try to be consistent.

SargentToughie

Please define consistent. If you're looking for somebody to crank out quality posts at a reasonable pace, I'm your guy.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

ShanaTheIV

Basically, don't overdo it. Having up to like, three enemies at once is fine, but not an entire army. Also, no god-modding of course. ^^;

ryanmcallister80

Still here and interested, just having a busy time of it at the moment.

I like the idea of a mix, some of the more common mass produced mecha or those fielded by 'third world' powers could still use joystick etc whereas the most recently produced or elite level mecha could be direct neural controlled?

Annie

Hmm, this one catch my eye. Maybe I'll join in too. Need to think a bit about a char, though.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

ShanaTheIV

Name: Yuna
Creator: Chi Nakamura
Appearance
Description: Yuna is a combat orientated organic android created primary to serve the military before the alien's showed up. She has been under development for about 20 years now and is still in the alpha stage. When Vex's army showed up and attacked Earth, she was awaken and sent to combat prematurely to hold them off. She is an adept fighter with high mobility but since she is unfinished, she may have some unknown glitches. 
Personality: Yuna is confident and more than willing to fight. Almost as if she enjoys it. Fighting strong opponents can sometimes feel welcoming to her. Outside of combat, Yuna is somewhat friendly sometimes has a sense of humor. 
Weapons/Abilities: Flight; highly mobile with her jet boots and rockets, most firearms
Romance/sex: Yes to romance but I don't know about sex. Technically, she's 20 but looks young.
Sexuality: Bi

If I can get at least three more profiles (not including my own), I'll start an OCC.

ZameRagues

Name:Sam Milligan
Appearance:
Description: Upon finishing school, Sam began working on a suit to turn an average soldier into a super soldier. Abilities equaling or surpassing those of a military tank in mobility, power, technology. After several prototypes a stable suit has been produced. ARS Augmented Reaction Suit, tunes into the users brain responses enhancing his reaction time and physical capabilities. Currently the suit is only use able by Sam, with it still being in a Beta stage.
Personality: Sarcastic, and blunt. The kind of person to slip in little comments at almost any given moment, often sarcastic. Combat is still fairly new to him, though he won't shy from it when necessary.
Special traits: Physically fit, fairly intelligent considering the suit is his creation, anything else or note comes from the ARS. Suit functions include Enhanced Reactions, Mobility and power, as well as a automatically reconfiguring weapon that can alter itself to fit it's user's needs (B.L.AD.E). Can change between three scanned guns stored within it's memory
Romance/sex: Yes /Yes
Sexually: Straight

((look any good? Or do I need to tweak something?))
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Kimera

I'll try to get my character done by the weekend

Possible character picture

ShanaTheIV

Your character looks rather good, Zame. I approve.  :-)

Also, that pic looks pretty cool, Kimera!

Kimera

I wasn't sure if it might be a bit too high tech looking for the human side.

ShanaTheIV

It does look a little high tech. Was that supposed to be human?

Kimera

Well I was thinking she was an android and then the other version is a battle body suit/addon/upgrade

ShanaTheIV

Has anyone lost interest? I'd really like to get this going still.

Kimera

Still interested, but havn't gotten around to write up the character

I'll see that I get this done asap