On High Seas: A Game of Pirates (Looking for Female Captives)

Started by Urbanzorro, February 12, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahzilla

Only one problem I see, if she were desperate to get away, which her character personality might be, then they can't ever bring her above deck, because as soon as she's in the water, she's gone lol
Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)

Healergirl

A small amount of strangeness is fine, after all people did believe low-fantasy magic in a way.   Whether it is real or not.   Very rare, and very dangerous to be around, even more dangerous to actually use.  dangerous to the point of:

Self-described Wizard:  "We are making no headway, I'm casting a spell to bind the winds! Itt will take a couple of hours but-"

Mary:  "You're going to do what now?"

Wizard:  "Cast a spell to bi-"

He falls silent as a pistol cocks and the muzzle is placed against his head.

Mary:  "No.  No you're not."

Take any modern trope about how dangerous Science and Technology are, dial it up to 11, and that is how people used to feel about magic.

Note that this has no bearing on whether or not magic per se actually exists in Urbanzorro's setting.  But claiming you know how to use it will get you killed.

In a very messy way.

Not by the authorities perhaps, the heyday of the Burning Times is past but depending on when exactly the year is that this is set in... you don't want to take the chance of being known or suspected as a witch, no matter how useful to the ship's crew you are.

A real Mermaid in the group is a very interesting idea.  Magical beings, magic itself if used in very small doses adds a wonderful atmosphees, but I think such elements should be introduced with great caution.

LoveCarnage

Quote from: Healergirl on February 15, 2013, 04:36:53 PM
A real Mermaid in the group is a very interesting idea.  Magical beings, magic itself if used in very small doses adds a wonderful atmosphees, but I think such elements should be introduced with great caution.

Right, and anyways, I was thinking of her getting caught in a completely human-ly way. Something along the line of fishing nets, or being sold as a slave. Many pirate genres have mermaids, and she won't be too magical. Her only ability would be the transformation anyways.

Quote from: Urbanzorro on February 15, 2013, 04:12:31 PM
@LoveCarnage: Sounds like she could be interesting, go ahead and work something up and send it to me via pm.
Sent. :]

Flaming

Quote from: Rahzilla on February 15, 2013, 04:29:33 PM
Only one problem I see, if she were desperate to get away, which her character personality might be, then they can't ever bring her above deck, because as soon as she's in the water, she's gone lol

Not necessarily: sometimes are not physical shackles that keep you where you are. Maybe she needs something, or is in love with someone, or could get away but should leave behind something too important for her. I think those are things much more interesting that just being captive.

Rahzilla

Quote from: Flaming on February 15, 2013, 05:58:34 PM
Not necessarily: sometimes are not physical shackles that keep you where you are. Maybe she needs something, or is in love with someone, or could get away but should leave behind something too important for her. I think those are things much more interesting that just being captive.

depends on her character type I guess. if she plans to fall for someone or not... but if she wants to escape, then they would need to shackle her, or something. Once she goes over the side of the boat, it would be hard to catch her again after she swims away
Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)

Healergirl

Flaming,

Pirates acquired all sort of odds and end, bits of jewelry and knickknacks they never sold for booze or sex because well, there was just something about that little item.   It's kinda weird when you look at it in dim light,  but it's small, takes up no room in the kit bag at all, so why not keep it.  It will make a nice memento to show  people at a tavern, the story about how you got it might be worth a tankard of ale, and who knows, maybe someday when a guy is hard up (in every sense of the word) some tavern strumpet might take it  n exchange for a roll in the hay.

Something a mermaid might be searching for, and whoever has it doesn't even know what they have.

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

immabanana

I think the mermaid idea would be rather hard to incorporate, but as stated above somewhere, I am not the GM. :3
O/O's || Cravings & Ideas || A/A's

Nana is seeking new victims partners.

"I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing."

Healergirl

immabanana,

Mermaids are no harder to incorporate than the idea of women serving openly as pirates, really.  But to keep the period feel and flair, caation and moderation must be used.  Pirates were a rather free=wheeling bunch by the standards of the day, so women serving openly can be handwaved away as part of heir social separateness from the mainstream.  Pirate women taken prisoner by the authorities will be harshly treade because they are women who break social conventions even more so than their mail bretheren.

Not that I have any kinkish interest in such a thing, of course not.

Magic....  this is an old argument in gaming.  How realistic should things be?  People of the time believed in mermaids, and low level non-flashy magic.  If players don't get some benefit from acting true to that belief, well, being players, they won't because it gains them nothing.  So throwing some taste of magic into a pirate game, magic that is not quite relegated to  the corners and shadows of reality but is getting pushed there fast?  I'm good with that.

FaeBorne

I misread ... whoops.

Is there room for more crew. A Gunner or Powder Monkey perhaps?

Urbanzorro

The OOC is up, it contains some mor in depth info on the setting aswell

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165961.0

@FaeBorne: Go ahead and work something up and I'll let you know.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Warlord Zanyl

A very interesting group we got here. Looking forward to RPing with everyone! *smiles*

Chreestafer

Urban am I approved as a captive?  Ill have an updated bio sent to u asap
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

LoveCarnage

Name Lillian
Gender Female
Age 21
Position Uncaught captive.
Personality Shy, quiet, straightforward. She fears relationships, and tries to distance herself from people.

Biography Every mermaid is born with a soul pearl, an item that is needed to reproduce, and Lillian happened to wear hers around her neck.
Being born to a loving father and mother with a beautiful magenta tail and dark brown hair, she was raised as a normal mermaid in the Atlantic Ocean, until, at 3 years of age, she was kidnapped. A slave trader had been out, fishing for budding mermaids, but instead, had caught a toddler. This man had no idea how to care for the young mermaid, in fact, he didn’t even know that they even needed care at all, and after taking her soul-pearl, threw the useless 3 year old into a jug of chlorinated water.
She was then raised by the slave traders for 3 years, and at 6 years old, and was sold to a rich old man who wanted only to add her to his collection and watch her swim. Unlike the slave traders, the old man was kind and kept her fed, though without much interaction. When she was 9 years old, her caretaker, the kind old man passed away, and she was whisked back to the slave traders.

After 6 years of living in, breathing, and soaking in chlorine water, her hair and tail colors had been bleached silver. And although considered ugly and socially unacceptable to mermen, the humans found it beautiful and enchanting, and she was again sold off as entertainment to a rich couple. The couple kept her for a long 7 years until the husband began to fall in love with the beautiful young mermaid. He kept it a secret from his wife, and everyday, he’d slip into the room where the tank was held, and watch her. Finally, one day, the man decided to enter the tank, and was caught by his wife, whom, of course, blamed Lillian for seducing her husband, and was sent off again, back into the market.

The mermaid circled the market for another year, and finally, an Indian collector bought her, and had her shipped over to India. However, during the trip to India, a rough storm broke out and Lillian’s tank shattered in the discord. She then escaped off the boat and went back where she belonged, the sea.

18, and without an idea in the world of where she was, Lillian wandered around the ocean, making her goal to find her soul-pearl. For 3 years, she’s been on and off land, falling in and out of love and still searching for that special jewel.

Ability When dry, her tail turns into human legs; this is reversed by submerging the legs in a body of water.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Wet sex (baths, bodies of water, semen… etc) Giving oral. Hates dry sex, NC, pain.

Player's Offs: Intense gore, watersports, pregnancy. Most everything else should be fine.

Yay!~

Urbanzorro

@ Chreestafer: Pending an approved bio yes you're approved.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

selfexiled

Sorry I have been away from a computer all weekend. I would like first to clarify my character's image, the picture is mainly for the face and head without the rediculous expression of course. His body however, while as strong as depicted is not as toned. He also has a little bit of a belly, as was mentioned he's fond of befirending the cooks so that he always has access to food. A byproduct of growing up with a meal never being guarenteed.

As to the mermaid, if I may throw in my hat for a brief moment, I believe that in salt water her tail should be complete but in fresh water like rain only her scales become visible. This would add a more exotic feel to the character I believe. Also pirates are a very superstitous lot, magic and voodoo and curses were common place but not always very real. But all is in the hands of the GM.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Miroque

if your still looking for captives, I would volunteer myself for your whims.

subjuanita

If you are still looking for female captives, I would be interested. Just let me know and I will post a bio.

Urbanzorro

I might be able to squeeze in a few more, feel free to post something up but please try to do so quickly.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haloriel

What are the numbers at so far, out of curiosity with those that have shown interest?  Like 12-13?

Silk

if your full don't worry :) let me know if you need a new captive :)

Chreestafer

EDIT!!!! BIO IS NOW UP!

Name Sevryn Salryn

GenderMale

Age 26

Position He is a mainly a loner, a Pirate hand for hire, at said moment he is a captive.

Personality Very witty when he needs to be.  Friendly but very untrustworthy, is quiet around others and mistaken as shy, but truthfully he is just listening and waiting.

Biography His mother was a pirate and his father was a noble born.  The love affair betwen two such peoplke was frowned upon and once Sevryn was born, his fathers father scentenced his mother and him to be "delt" with.  On that night his parents planned an escape that worked but ended in his fathers death. He was then shoved off in a barrel with his mothers cutlas and longnknife, days later an older couple found him floating at sea in a barrel and gave him life as a fisher boy.  When he turned 14 though the small fishing village was pillaged by a pirate crew whose captain was said to be halfway into the world of the dead (like voodoo ghosty stuff) anyways he was enslaved on the ship. The captain took the blades sevryns mother gave him as his own. So for years Sevryn slowly moved up to be a crew member secretly ruing the day when he would take his vengeance.   Well at 19 a small ship battle broke out, Sevryn found it time to escape yet sadly couldn't find the blades, so in turn he stole the captains most prized possession,  his gun blades, which werent unheard of, yet he had uniquly engineered multishot gunblades that made him a feared pirate to begin with.  Anywho sevryn got away and has these gunblades and is in search for the captain to take his mothers blades back.  Meanwhile, The dark captain has his own vengence set for Sevryn.

Weapons/Equipment Rapier and long knife, also fancies a pair of gunblades
Gunblades

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes His on and offs are roughly same as mine, some obviously no applicable

Player's Offs: read above
Ons and Offs
F-List

subjuanita

I hope I am not too late and "missed the ship".

Name Sue
Gender Female
Age 23
Position Female captive.
Personality Shy, quiet, not comfortable around people unless she knows them well.

Biography The daughter of a successful store owner couple in a bustling port city. She had aspirations of taking over the family business one day. She was spoiled getting everything she needed and wanted growing up. Her family lived in a large home on a hillside overlooking the city. One night she was alone in the store when some customers came in. They placed a large order, and wanted to celebrate with a drink. Unfortunately for Sue, the drink was laced with a sedative, and when she woke up she found that she was aboard the pirate ship far from land, heading for a unknown destination.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Normal girl with normal desires.

Player's Offs/Ons:

Offs-Intense gore, watersports, pregnancy.

Ons- BDSM, cages, humiliation, being broken, females.

Most everything else should be fine. See my profile O/o or send me a PM if unsure.