Everyone's A Hero! Recruiting (Freeform Fantasy Romp - LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, August 21, 2015, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Everyone's A Hero

“Welcome, adventurer!

“The setting of this group game is a fantasy starter town where an endless train of would-be heroes inexplicably show up and take their first steps toward saving the world by chasing rabbits away from the watermelons and learning how to cast ice bolt. It's meant to be a lighthearted farce, resembling a low level fantasy game or MMO rife with fan service and sex.  This will be a “real” world so no quest icons, no gold sellers, no human players behind the screen. Our world is just naturally incongruous.

All kinds of character archetypes would be welcome, from half-angel orator to drow assassin to heterochromatic bunny-eared summoner of eldritch horrors. The game would flow loosely guided by quest-style events with reality show-style simple objectives, with the ultimate goal of teaching your would-be heroes the very basics of trouncing ooky spiders and taking their loot.”
– Dhi (Jan. 15th 2015)

This was the concept a friend of mine pitched earlier this year and it just stuck in my head and never left.  I absolutely love the idea so I asked if she would mind if I took it and ran with it and she said, “Go for it!”  Okay maybe she didn’t say exactly that, but it was close enough.  If you would enjoy a light hearted romp with low powered characters where a farmer’s daughter may award you for chasing off the nasty kobolds threatening her turnip patch with a little more than a kiss on the cheek or where the studly woodsman may offer you a cord of his wood for finding his lost tools, then this is the place for you. 

This is not a game about an MMO or a Keep on the Borderlands Basic D&D adventure, but any of those tropes will work as will so many others.  The key is to make it fun and light-hearted.  I expect leopard skin loincloths, utterly pointless and revealing armor, odd ball pets, and any other number of strange and fun things that a starting adventurer could have.  Just remember in this game the bunnies are dangerous, the wizards have only a spell or two, all npc’s are bi and open to experimentation and if you don’t shake in fear at the thought of running into a giant spider in the dark forest you are way too powerful to be in this town and will be quickly shown the way to the city gate.

Sound like fun?

Amberdale

Amberdale is a small town bustling town at the intersection of the Eastern Trade Road and the Shadow Vale Caravan Route.  It is surrounded by farmland that has been cut from the Oldwall Forest.  Amberdale has one large inn and tavern, the Vine and Horn, which attracts merchants, adventurers and locals looking for news from the capital. There is a help wanted board just outside of the Inn.  Creatures from the Oldwall Forest and Shadow Vale are a constant nuisance to the citizens of Amberdale and the surrounding farmers and intrigues from the capital sometimes find the town a safe place to fester and take root.  Wardens from nearby Fort Castor do patrol the roads, but they are few and far between.  Amberdale does have a town watch.

FAQ

Q: Is this a system game?
A: No this is a freeform game.

Q: What about combat?  How do we know who wins?
A:  We are all adults and can come to an agreement on the outcome.  If you need help I will figure out who wins in a completely random way.

Q: Can I be this big bad uber <insert ultra powerful whatever here>?
A:  Nope we are all newbie adventurers here.

Q: Can I be <insert race, class, strange non-uber powerful whatever here>?
A: Heck yeah!

Q: Can I be a villager and not an adventurer?
A: Absolutely!

Q: Is this game LGBT friendly?
A: Absolutely.  I will add npc’s for whatever sexualities are in the game, but I really hope to have PC’s that cover all sexualities.

Q: What about Futanari?
A: For now the answer is no, but that could change as the game progresses.

Q: What kind of artwork can I use?
A: My personal preference for this game is cheesecake fantasy art/realistic anime (a lot of Korean fantasy art and game are falls under this) and the like.  Some people are not big fans of manga style anime, but if that is the only image that really fits it will ultimately be up to you.  I would recommend staying away from it though.

Q: Can I play a monsterous race?
A: Sure just make them sexy, a beginning adventurer and give them some reason to be in the town and you can play whatever you want?

Q: What forum is this going to be in?
A: Exotic Bondage Small Group

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for optional character image goes here>[/img][/float]
[b]Name :[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] <Human, Drow, Centaur, Were-Bunny…etc>
[b]Occupation:[/b] <This could be fighter, Inn Keeper, Squire, Wizard Apprentice, Farmer’s Daughter, heterochromatic bunny-eared summoner of eldritch horrors …whatever>
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ons :[/b]
[b]Offs :[/b]
[b]Favorite Mode of Attack:[b] <Duel-wielding swords, Bow, Ice Bolt, Frying Pan, my pet attack squirrel….etc.  This should be limited to a couple of attacks.>

[b]Height :[/b]
[b]Build :[/b]
[b]Description :[/b]
[b]Personality :[/b]

[b]Story :[/b]

Game Threads

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Some art inspiration, but please do not limit yourself.  The campier, cheesecakier and just plain fun and interesting the better!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

A Painter

Crash

Wonderful!  That is what I am hoping for.  Just some lighthearted fun...and sex, but fun!

Unlike a lot of my games which require a bunch of players, this one really doesn't so as soon as we have a few characters I can get the IC Thread(s) up and running!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

A Painter

There are so many possibilities for this game!  I can't decide which picture to use!

I'm leaning towards the ones in the middle though!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

A Painter

He looks like fun.  I already have an idea as to how I would play him in my head.
But what did you have in mind? :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 01:18:42 AM
He looks like fun.  I already have an idea as to how I would play him in my head.
But what did you have in mind? :)

Ettiene is a bon vivant.  He is eager for diversion and often finds it in the company of friends.  The stage appeals to him:  he likes to put on plays and recite comedic/outlandish poetry.  Laughing is very important to him, and Ettiene can find the humor in everything.  The only thing that he takes very seriously is his swordsmanship.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Capone

I like your ideas, Crash (or should I say Dhi this time?). This one also came at the right time because I've been playing Legend of Mana thanks to Playstation's Squenix sale, and the artwork has been giving me a craving for light-hearted fluffy fantasy. Talk about perfect timing.

My initial thoughts: in video game lingo, a blacksmith's apprentice that is technically an NPC but who's boss keeps treating him like an adventurer. So a complete lack of combat skills, and yet is always forced to go into the Cavern of Blusteringly Batty Bats to gather ores and minerals, only to constantly come running out screaming. So incentive to go on adventures and to seek out other newbies, while also having a profession that could bring some of the newbies to him.

I'll see if I can find artwork this evening after work.

Crash

Sounds like fun Capone.

I have a few NPC's I am getting together...a barmaid, bubblegum haired necromancer, Captain of the Watch, woodsman, farmers, probably a few others to fill in as needed.

Crash

Please feel free to ask questions.  There are endless tropes to pull from! 

TeamVelma

I cast a +3 message of expressing interest in joining.

I used to play half-elf/ranger characters in my pencil and paper RPG days (MERP mostly with some Rolemaster).  Sounds like a blast.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Crash

Once characters start rolling in we can get going.  I know there isn't a lot of history here and that is okay if you put in your background that your drow kitten lover is a run away from the Shadow Vale then we have established that there are Drow in Shadow Vale and your character has an unhealthy interest in cats.  Instant history!

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Crash

Excellent.  I will have some more information up hopefully tonight.  Mostly fun fluff stuff and maybe an npc/character or two.  Don't let tha slow anyone down from working on characters!

Chulanowa

Okay, I want in.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of manga / anime and the "j-rpg" look. All that airbrushing and photoshop filters, yup. But i DO loves me some schlocky classic fantasy art! So that's definitely a thing

Nowherewoman

Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

Considering this. Some Darkity Dark Elf Mistress of Dark Deeds, maybe. If I can find the bandwidth...
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Crash

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 21, 2015, 04:28:19 PM
Okay, I want in.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of manga / anime and the "j-rpg" look. All that airbrushing and photoshop filters, yup. But i DO loves me some schlocky classic fantasy art! So that's definitely a thing

Standard fantasy art is perfectly fine too.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on August 21, 2015, 04:36:38 PM
Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

Considering this. Some Darkity Dark Elf Mistress of Dark Deeds, maybe. If I can find the bandwidth...

Excellent.  Someone find this woman some bandwidth!!!!

Capone

Boy, you want (high-powered) fantasy cheesecake art, just Google Image search Legend of the Cryptids. You'll find something to use as a character in the future.

Not sure if you wanted character sheets PM'ed or not, Crash. Posting it behind a spoiler tag here just to be safe-ish (so it doesn't take up too much space, y'see). I have two options for character art, but neither of them get the "bumbling" aspect I'm looking for. They look too... competent. But one of them will do.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Trevoby Flintwood (Trev or Flint for short)
Race: Human

Ons: Revealing clothing, bosoms, posteriors, female anatomy in general, sultry whispers, lusty moans, and the overall willingness to bone

Offs: Apathetic monotones, concealed clothing, priestesses (always so covered in robes, they are), sharp and pointy things aimed at him, sharp and pointy things aimed at his nethers, pain in general, bestial lower bodies, and hiccups. God damn those annoying hiccups!

Favorite Mode of Attack: Hammer Blow

Height: 5'9"
Build: Lean muscle from work as a blacksmith, hardly the winner of the Conan the Barbarian Award for Most Ripped Abs Sporting a Loincloth

Description: Short hair that's still long enough to reach past his forehead, with a tattoo on his breast that in any other setting would mean he's the "chosen/prophesied/destined one". In this world? It means he's always being asked about it and no he doesn't know what it means, thank you very much. Hairless chest and abdomen, and thank goodness because he singes his eyebrows often enough. Hands are a bit rough and calloused from burns and work.

Personality: A bit of a dreamer, but a lecherous one. His dreams of heroism focus purely on the financial and sexual rewards with little consideration towards the heroic acts required to obtain them. Got a story to tell of a far away land? His first thought is what sort of lady creatures are there to potentially romance. Though it's not like he has much romance on the mind. Even so, complain as he does about his work, he does enjoy it and finds it a great way to focus one's mind and find satisfaction. It's that whole bloody "motivation" that keeps interfering. Despite all this, he's often described as a "good boy, just button yourself up if you want him to look you in the eyes".

Story: Some children destined for greatness never know their parents. Left upon the stoop of a monastery, a castle, or some innocent peasant's home... yet Trevoby was left upon the porch of an inn. Wait, was it the porch? Perhaps it was the back door. Wait, left in one of the rooms? Goodness, not the stable, was it? Well, wherever it was, there was baby Trevoby, and there was the Gnomish innkeep left without a clue of what to do. He tried to make the baby work, but the baby couldn't even stand on its own feet, let alone hold a broom! It was with great fortune that the bar maids stopped their Gnome employer from placing the babe into a boiling pot, and together they took turns mothering the boy.

He grew up surrounded by stories of adventure and wonderment, but none of that interested him. It was the blades that they wielded that ensnared his mind. The craftsmanship so exquisite, and each so different from the next. Even your basic short sword held small little notches and nicks that set it apart from its mass-produced brothers. Adventure? Pah! Let the chumps do the walking and fighting. An adventurer is just a man and bound to die, but the blade? The blade will live forever, passed on from one great legend to the next. It's not the wielder, no, but the blade that is the myth.

Unfortunately, by time he was sixteen and old enough to apprentice, he was on the wrong side of the Blacksmith's favor. Trevoby had some run-in with his daughter, y'see. In fact, he had run-ins with many of the daughters of the village, some ending happily for him, others... not so much. You develop an odd relationship with women when all of your mothers are barmaids that do a bit more than maiding the bars, if you catch my meaning (and if you do, would you kindly explain it to me?) So he was forced to grab his pack and set off down the road to the town over... and the town after that... and then the next, until finally, at Amberdale, he found a blacksmith without a daughter with whom to run into (or fall into (or hammer into (this could go on for a while))) and happened to be looking for an apprentice. It's been a good home for the past few months, and the work has been enjoyable and the women are gorgeous. Most of all, enough keep passing through that any reputation means rubbish! Now if only he could develop his debonair technique...

Crash

Yeah, Legend of the Cryptids has some serious cheesecake fantasy art.

Post characters here is fine.  I will get a character thread up when we have a couple more.  I am going to work on some tonight, though my daughters may pull me away for a couple of games of Force of Will.

PhantomPistoleer

Is it possible to build multiple characters? o_O
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Izaya Orihara

Seems interesting, though I'll be away for a bit, soon.

Well, here's my character app:

Not a girl
Name : Auristel Therius Lerácyntain

Race: Human (part Aasimar)
Ons : Most things.
Offs : Animals.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Sword. On horseback, he uses a lance.
Height : 5'4"
Build : Feminine/Ectomorph.
Description : Auristel is an androgynous-looking boy with long pink hair, and eyes that alternate between pink and purple. He's quite lightweight, and tends to be swayed by his interest in cute things, in regards to fashion choice.
Personality : Though a bit shy and easily embarrassed, he is generally quite optimistic, positive and energetic. He likes adventuring, having fun, cute things, sweets, and generally investigating stuff, to the extent that he can be considered "curiosity in human form". Nonetheless, he can be a bit clumsy, lacking in common sense, and ends up often finding himself in unexpected situations, both good and bad. Though it often ends up with him in some sort of trouble. Auristel isn't that good at planning ahead. Despite some of his earlier mentioned personality traits, he is reasonably intelligent. Among other things, he also likes music, books, helping people, animals and nature. Whilst his noble's upbringing makes him a bit sheltered and naïve to an extent, his travelling (or however much he has done, so far) negates that a little.

Story : Auristel was born to a fairly wealthy noble family. To be exact, he was second son of the Archduke of Dal Calain, in the Kingdom of Shalzinn. His family was said to be descended from a celestial, though whenever that began, it was presumably a long time ago. Regardless, they were always known for their long lives, slow aging, beauty and unusual eyes. He was quite inquisitive from an early age, and had a knack for absorbing knowledge. As he grew up, he was often mistaken for a girl, and he ended up getting used to all the clothes made for him being those worn by women. Since all the tailors hired by his father assumed he was, and it ended up being less hassle to pass him off as one. One of his older sisters told him it was cute, too, which ended up being a further motivation for his choice in clothing. Despite his femininity, he ended up trying at times to seem less like a girl, delving into swordsmanship, and becoming a rather unusual knight.

Auristel was never exactly what one would call strong or tough, but his optimism and perseverance proved to be valuable traits. He tends to favour agility, to some degree, with the armour he wears being durable yet not particularly heavy-duty. That said, a certain earlier mentioned clumsiness, or bad luck, can mar what might otherwise be graceful. He often had a habit of sneaking off from the castle, and exploring the city nearby, or beyond its confines, to the neighbouring forests, hills, lakes and mountains. At some point, his interest in adventuring brought him into a semi-sedentary lifestyle, stopping at times, but travelling more often than not, though he may end up embellishing this, and trying to act like he's more worldly than he actually is. Though he has read a fair bit, anyway. Needless to say, whilst still young and inexperienced, Auristel has been in a couple of sticky predicaments already, one involving getting lost,  and the other involving encountering bandits and monsters. Even if these said few encounters may not have necessarily gone that well. Most recently, he has ended up at Amberdale.   
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Crash

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on August 21, 2015, 08:06:32 PM
Seems interesting, though I'll be away for a bit, soon.

Well, here's my character app:

Not a girl
Name : Auristel Therius Lerácyntain

Race: Human (part Aasimar)
Ons : Most things.
Offs : Animals.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Sword. On horseback, he uses a lance.
Height : 5'4"
Build : Feminine/Ectomorph.
Description : Auristel is an androgynous-looking boy with long pink hair, and eyes that alternate between pink and purple. He's quite lightweight, and tends to be swayed by his interest in cute things, in regards to fashion choice.
Personality : Though a bit shy and easily embarrassed, he is generally quite optimistic, positive and energetic. He likes adventuring, having fun, cute things, sweets, and generally investigating stuff, to the extent that he can be considered "curiosity in human form". Nonetheless, he can be a bit clumsy, lacking in common sense, and ends up often finding himself in unexpected situations, both good and bad. Though it often ends up with him in some sort of trouble. Auristel isn't that good at planning ahead. Despite some of his earlier mentioned personality traits, he is reasonably intelligent. Among other things, he also likes music, books, helping people, animals and nature. Whilst his noble's upbringing makes him a bit sheltered and naïve to an extent, his travelling negates that a fair bit.

Story : Auristel was born to a fairly wealthy noble family. To be exact, he was second son of the Archduke of Dal Calain, in the Kingdom of Shalzinn. His family was said to be descended from a celestial, though whenever that began, it was presumably a long time ago. Regardless, they were always known for their long lives, slow aging, beauty and unusual eyes. He was quite inquisitive from an early age, and had a knack for absorbing knowledge. As he grew up, he was often mistaken for a girl, and he ended up getting used to all the clothes made for him being those worn by women. Since all the tailors hired by his father assumed he was, and it ended up being less hassle to pass him off as one. One of his older sisters told him it was cute, too, which ended up being a further motivation for his choice in clothing. Despite his femininity, he ended up trying at times to seem less like a girl, delving into swordsmanship, and becoming a rather unusual knight.

Auristel was never exactly what one would call strong or tough, but his optimism and perseverance proved to be valuable traits. He tends to favour agility, to some degree, with the armour he wears being durable yet not particularly heavy-duty. That said, a certain earlier mentioned clumsiness, or bad luck, can mar what might otherwise be graceful. He often had a habit of sneaking off from the castle, and exploring the city nearby, or beyond its confines, to the neighbouring forests, hills, lakes and mountains. At some point, his interest in adventuring brought him into a semi-sedentary lifestyle, stopping at times, but travelling more often than not. Needless to say, despite his relative youth, Auristel has been in his fair share of sticky predicaments, be it from getting lost, encountering bandits and monsters, or a variety of other things. Most recently, he has ended up at Amberdale.

I like the character.  Remember though that you are a beginning adventure, so he would not be well traveled and would not have been in his fair share of sticky predicaments.  No one would be.  This goes against what the game is all about which is totally wide-eyed adventurers on their first adventures.

PhantomPistoleer

Name :  Ettiene LeCroix;
Race: Half-Elf;
Ons :  Romance, Friendship, Song and Dance, Poetry, Swordsmanship;
Offs :  Selfishness, War and Tribulation, Overly Serious People;
Favorite Mode of Attack: One-Handed Rapier; Unarmed Combat (Savate);

Height: 6'1
Build: Lean
Description:  Ettiene is a half-elf of striking appearance, with hard facial contours and a soft, disarming grin.  He has bright blonde hair that shines in the sun, and a soft, flushed pallor to his perfect skin.  His limbs are prepossessed with a sinewy strength, but his movements are light and graceful.  His appearance and mannerisms hint at a refined elegance.
Personality:  Ettiene is sincere, kind, loyal, and understanding, and he is devoted to his faith, family, and nation.  He possesses a practiced air of confidence and cordiality, and is always prepared to make small talk with strangers.  Ettiene loves to flirt, fight, sing, and dance, and he does all of these things with ease and audacity.

Story :  Ettiene was born to a country squire and brought up in a loving household.  He attended to his studies, grew up, and became an adventurer. 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Revelation

Keeping my eyes on this, I may make a character for it! It's a fun concept. Just gonna knock out dinner then see what I can think up. I kinda think a villager might be fun, maybe a blacksmith or a librarian of sorts, perhaps a minor magister.

I'm getting something of an Etrian Odyssey vibe from this all.

Crash

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 21, 2015, 08:22:38 PM
Name :  Ettiene LeCroix;
Ons :  Romance, Friendship, Song and Dance, Poetry, Swordsmanship;
Offs :  Selfishness, War and Tribulation, Overly Serious People;
Favorite Mode of Attack: One-Handed Rapier; Two-Handed Rapier & Dagger; Unarmed Combat (Savate);

Height: 6'1
Build: Lean
Description:  Ettiene is a half-elf of striking appearance, with hard facial contours and a soft, disarming grin.  He has bright blonde hair that shines in the sun, and a soft, flushed pallor to his perfect skin.  His limbs are prepossessed with a sinewy strength, but his movements are light and graceful.  His appearance and mannerisms hint at a refined elegance.
Personality:  Ettiene is sincere, kind, loyal, and understanding, and he is devoted to his faith, family, and nation.  He possesses a practiced air of confidence and cordiality, and is always prepared to make small talk with strangers.  Ettiene loves to flirt, fight, sing, and dance, and he does all of these things with ease and audacity.

Story :  Ettiene was born to a country squire and brought up in a loving household.  He attended to his studies, grew up, and became an adventurer.

Knock one of the attacks off.  At most two.

Crash

~NPC~

Name : Esmerelda
Ons : Graveyards, Gifts, Flattery, Being Watched, Outdoor sex
Offs : Animals, bland sex, bad hygiene
Favorite Mode of Attack:
Sick’em Pinky!  - Esmerelda is a lover not a fighter.  When the going gets tough, send in Pinky!  Pinky is the nickname of Esmerelda’s former jealous lover and her most favorite skeleton.  While Pinky (Penny Alabaster) was annoyingly jealous when she was alive, her unfortunate fall from death, while spying on an adulterous Esmerelda turned out to be a real blessing….of Esmerelda.  Pinky’s jealously in death as made her one heck of a bodyguard.  Yes she is a frail skeleton and has little idea how to wield the axe she carries, but she is really easy to put back together and forever willing to get in the way of danger so Esmerelda can turn tail and run.  The relationship isn’t all one way (anymore).  Esmerelda lavishes a lot of attention on Pinky touching up her pink dye and painting her metacarpals and metatarsals pretty colors.

Bolt of Inky Black Stuff – Esmerelda is still learning her newest spell, but hasn’t gotten the knack of it yet and it fizzles more often then it works.

Height : 5’10”
Build : Tall and shapely
Description : Esmerelda has poreline white skin and bubblegum pink hair.  No one knows exactly how her hair got that color or what bubble gum is, but the quirky Necromancer frightens most people so they don’t really question it.  Esmerelda likes to wear revealing mourning wear.  She says it is a reminder of the beauty of death, but really she just knows she looks damn good in it.
Personality : Esmerelda is pretty self-involved.  She tried being all moody and dark, but it didn’t really work for her.  If you can get around the fact that her world totally revolves around her Esmerelda she can be pleasant enough and if you get her around a graveyard she can be down-right frisky.  Don’t expect her to stick around if things get hairy though.  Her idea of helping is sicking Pinky on the nearest threat then hiding until the danger is gone.

Story :

Esmerelda has always found a way to get out of doing anything that resembles work.  For the most part she has been pretty successful.  Yeah she may flirt, cajole and use her wiles to get her way, but that is hardly work.  Esmerelda hooked up with a local necromancer for a while in hopes of learning how to stay eternally young, but found some of the rituals really icky and a lot of work so she hasn’t progressed in her studies to far yet.  That and she dumped the guy because he was a real downer so she has had to figure it all out on her own.  Esmerelda can often be found at the town cemetery.   She finds it both calming and exciting and really likes the old crypts for their craftsmanship.

A Painter

Name : Carlotta Luna
Race: Bunny Girl
Ons : Romance, creativity, intelligence.
Offs : ‘Predatory’ people, filthy partners and things, sharp objects and humiliation.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Minor illusions and staff bonking.

Height : 5 feet
Build : Petite, could stand to eat a little more.
Description : Carlotta is a tiny, nervous thing.  Her worries and anxieties rest on her brow frequently, but during the times you catch her in a good mood she has a sweet little smile and a spring in her step.  Her body language when meeting strangers makes it obvious that in a pinch she would rather flee than fight.
Personality : Despite Carlotta's nerves around new people, she has the will of steel.  She's stubborn and her anxious nature gives her a rather hot head.  She has a fondness for alcohol, for it helps her unwind and relax.  Carlotta has a passion for learning new things and dreams of becoming a master illusionist one day.  She enjoys children and gentle people because they sooth her. 
When she's comfortable enough she uses her illusions as toys to entertain herself and her present company.

Story : Carlotta is a disgraced apprentice of a fairly known alchemist.  After having choked under pressure a test, she accidentally set fire to his lab.  Purely an accident and clearly she could should not have been kicked out!   
After being thrown out of his services, Carlotta is now searching for knowledge and power on her own terms.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 21, 2015, 08:03:23 PM
Is it possible to build multiple characters? o_O

I asked this earlier, Crash, but it came right before people started submitting characters so it may have been missed.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Ahh thanks for the reminder.  I am not opposed to it if you can keep up with both characters. 

Crash

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 08:52:39 PM
Offs : ‘Predatory’ people, filthy partners and things, sharp objects and humiliation.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Minor illusions, staff bonking, and smoke bombs.

Description : Carlotta is a tiny, nervous thing.  Her worries and anxieties rest on her brow frequently, but during the times you catch her in a good mood she has a sweet little smile and a spring in her step.  Her body language when meeting strangers makes it obvious that in a pinch she would rather flee than fight.
Personality : Despite Carlotta's nerves around new people, she has the will of steel.  She's stubborn and her anxious nature gives her a rather hot head.  She has a fondness for alcohol, for it helps her unwind and relax.  Carlotta has a passion for learning new things and dreams of becoming a master illusionist one day.  She enjoys children and gentle people because they sooth her. 
When she's comfortable enough she uses her illusions as toys to entertain herself and her present company.

Story : Carlotta is a disgraced apprentice of a fairly known alchemist.  After having choked under pressure a test, she accidentally set fire to his lab.  Purely an accident and clearly she could should not have been kicked out!   
After being thrown out of his services, Carlotta is now searching for knowledge and power on her own terms.

A Painter - I was going to make a were-bunny of no one did a bunny girl. ;) 

Please go with only two attacks.  All other attacks will be ones players are working on in game.  I am begging you to keep staff bonking.  Loved that.

I am going to start making a character thread as well as an OOC.  I will get IC threads up this weekend.

A Painter

Quote from: Crash on August 21, 2015, 09:03:57 PM

Please go with only two attacks.  All other attacks will be ones players are working on in game.  I am begging you to keep staff bonking.  Loved that.
You can still make one!

Alrighty! xD  I can just remove the smoke bombs.

PhantomPistoleer

Name :  Estella LeCroix;
Ons :  Rich Men, Humiliating Others, Luxurious Things, Manipulating People;
Offs :  Poverty, Laziness, Women Who Are Prettier;
Favorite Mode of Attack: One-Handed Rapier; Unarmed Combat (Savate);

Height: 5'9
Build: Athletic
Description:  Like her brother, Estella is prepossessed by the preternatural beauty of her father's elven kin.  In a bout of rebellion, she sheered her glowing blonde hair into a daring bob, which hangs over her heavy-lidded emerald gaze.  Her crimson lips are often contorted into either a sneer or a smirk, as she seldom meets anyone she truly likes.  She has very supple curves, with wide hips, a heavy bosom, and strong, powerful legs. Estella is often garbed in white, tight-fitting armor, with thigh-high boots with heels.
Personality:  Estella is selfish, unkind, and domineering.  She enjoys luxurious things, and is not above seducing well-meaning people to get what she wants.  She does not get along with women because she views them all as competition.  Despite her meanness, she truly adores her brother, and views him as what men ought to be: wealthy, brave, honorable, and handsome.

Story :  Estella was born to a country squire and brought up in a loving household.  To avoid marrying a man she truly loathed, and being unable to sway his interest, she abandoned her home and accompanied her brother on his quest to become an adventurer.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Phantom - This is supposed to be a lighthearted game and Estella doesn't seem very lighthearted to me.

Ettiene LeCroix is approved.  Go ahead and post here.... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235230.msg11568383#msg11568383

Capone - When you settle on an image go ahead and post the sheet in the character sheet thread.

Crash

Crash

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 08:52:39 PM
Favorite Mode of Attack: Minor illusions and staff bonking.

Approved!!!!!!   Go ahead and post her.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Crash on August 21, 2015, 09:27:28 PM
Phantom - This is supposed to be a lighthearted game and Estella doesn't seem very lighthearted to me.

Ettiene LeCroix is approved.  Go ahead and post here.... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235230.msg11568383#msg11568383

Estella might not seem light-hearted at first blush, but she's a foil for Ettiene's goodness and actually functions as a comedic relief.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

A Painter

Quote from: Capone on August 21, 2015, 06:32:22 PM

Name: Trevoby Flintwood (Trev or Flint for short)

Ons: Revealing clothing, bosoms, posteriors, female anatomy in general, sultry whispers, lusty moans, and the overall willingness to bone

Offs: Apathetic monotones, concealed clothing, priestesses (always so covered in robes, they are), sharp and pointy things aimed at him, sharp and pointy things aimed at his nethers, pain in general, bestial lower bodies, and hiccups. God damn those annoying hiccups!

Favorite Mode of Attack: Hammer Blow

Height: 5'9"
Build: Lean muscle from work as a blacksmith, hardly the winner of the Conan the Barbarian Award for Most Ripped Abs Sporting a Loincloth

Description: Short hair that's still long enough to reach past his forehead, with a tattoo on his breast that in any other setting would mean he's the "chosen/prophesied/destined one". In this world? It means he's always being asked about it and no he doesn't know what it means, thank you very much. Hairless chest and abdomen, and thank goodness because he singes his eyebrows often enough. Hands are a bit rough and calloused from burns and work.

Personality: A bit of a dreamer, but a lecherous one. His dreams of heroism focus purely on the financial and sexual rewards with little consideration towards the heroic acts required to obtain them. Got a story to tell of a far away land? His first thought is what sort of lady creatures are there to potentially romance. Though it's not like he has much romance on the mind. Even so, complain as he does about his work, he does enjoy it and finds it a great way to focus one's mind and find satisfaction. It's that whole bloody "motivation" that keeps interfering. Despite all this, he's often described as a "good boy, just button yourself up if you want him to look you in the eyes".

Story: Some children destined for greatness never know their parents. Left upon the stoop of a monastery, a castle, or some innocent peasant's home... yet Trevoby was left upon the porch of an inn. Wait, was it the porch? Perhaps it was the back door. Wait, left in one of the rooms? Goodness, not the stable, was it? Well, wherever it was, there was baby Trevoby, and there was the Gnomish innkeep left without a clue of what to do. He tried to make the baby work, but the baby couldn't even stand on its own feet, let alone hold a broom! It was with great fortune that the bar maids stopped their Gnome employer from placing the babe into a boiling pot, and together they took turns mothering the boy.

He grew up surrounded by stories of adventure and wonderment, but none of that interested him. It was the blades that they wielded that ensnared his mind. The craftsmanship so exquisite, and each so different from the next. Even your basic short sword held small little notches and nicks that set it apart from its mass-produced brothers. Adventure? Pah! Let the chumps do the walking and fighting. An adventurer is just a man and bound to die, but the blade? The blade will live forever, passed on from one great legend to the next. It's not the wielder, no, but the blade that is the myth.

Unfortunately, by time he was sixteen and old enough to apprentice, he was on the wrong side of the Blacksmith's favor. Trevoby had some run-in with his daughter, y'see. In fact, he had run-ins with many of the daughters of the village, some ending happily for him, others... not so much. You develop an odd relationship with women when all of your mothers are barmaids that do a bit more than maiding the bars, if you catch my meaning (and if you do, would you kindly explain it to me?) So he was forced to grab his pack and set off down the road to the town over... and the town after that... and then the next, until finally, at Amberdale, he found a blacksmith without a daughter with whom to run into (or fall into (or hammer into (this could go on for a while))) and happened to be looking for an apprentice. It's been a good home for the past few months, and the work has been enjoyable and the women are gorgeous. Most of all, enough keep passing through that any reputation means rubbish! Now if only he could develop his debonair technique...
I love him!  But he's absolutely filthy!  Does he run around covered in dirt all the time? 

DomJoe

Name : Vinny
Ons :Non-con, Forced Bisexuality, Bestiality, Tentacles, Gangbang, Monsters, Public Sex
Offs :Scat, Vore, Gore, Heavy bondage, Male Pregnancy
"Favorite" Modes of Attack:

• Super Magical Love Beam of Justice!- Its a laser filled with love and justice! Gotta say the full name, otherwise it doesn't work at all!
  • Beautiful Capricious Kitty Kat Wand!- It's a small wand with a crystal and cat ears on top of it! Normally used for casting power spells of love and justice, but when in doubt, hit them with the casty thing (Even though its not much of a weapon in the first place)!

Height : 5'2"
Build : Girly
Description : (See picture)
Personality : Vinny wants to be seen as intimidating and strong, so he will often talk a big game to make himself feel that way. However, he isn't very competent, and can be easily deterred from a challenge if he deems it too difficult or scary to accomplish. Fairly timid and submissive at heart, even though he would never want to admit it.

Story : Vinny grew up in a small town, constantly bullied and picked on by other kids due to his small frame and girlish looks. It got to the point where he wanted to take revenge on them and prove to them all that he was a force to be reckoned with. He managed to get ahold of a map that was said to lead to a great and powerful suit that could obliterate enemies with a mere thought, and went searching for the artifact in question. After a long, arduous journey, Vinny found a chest holding his prize, but when he opened it, the suit latched onto him automatically, turning him into the magical girl you see now. He did his best to try and remove the suit, but it wouldn't budge one bit. Not giving up on his quest for revenge just yet, he tries to enlist the help of an evil wizard, only to have his spell backfire and transport him to the town of Amberdale... With no other options left, Vinny is left to wander and find some way to get the suit off him and get back to his town to finally enact his revenge.

Crash

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 21, 2015, 09:35:40 PM
Estella might not seem light-hearted at first blush, but she's a foil for Ettiene's goodness and actually functions as a comedic relief.

Okay go for it then.

Quote from: DomJoe on August 21, 2015, 10:42:36 PM
Name : Vinny
Ons :Non-con, Forced Bisexuality, Bestiality, Tentacles, Gangbang, Monsters, Public Sex
Offs :Scat, Vore, Gore, Heavy bondage, Male Pregnancy
"Favorite" Modes of Attack:

• Super Magical Love Beam of Justice!- Its a laser filled with love and justice! Gotta say the full name, otherwise it doesn't work at all!
  • Beautiful Capricious Kitty Kat Wand!- It's a small wand with a crystal and cat ears on top of it! Normally used for casting power spells of love and justice, but when in doubt, hit them with the casty thing (Even though its not much of a weapon in the first place)!

Height : 5'2"
Build : Girly
Description : (See picture)
Personality : Vinny wants to be seen as intimidating and strong, so he will often talk a big game to make himself feel that way. However, he isn't very competent, and can be easily deterred from a challenge if he deems it too difficult or scary to accomplish. Fairly timid and submissive at heart, even though he would never want to admit it.

Story : Vinny grew up in a small town, constantly bullied and picked on by other kids due to his small frame and girlish looks. It got to the point where he wanted to take revenge on them and prove to them all that he was a force to be reckoned with. He managed to get ahold of a map that was said to lead to a great and powerful suit that could obliterate enemies with a mere thought, and went searching for the artifact in question. After a long, arduous journey, Vinny found a chest holding his prize, but when he opened it, the suit latched onto him automatically, turning him into the magical girl you see now. He did his best to try and remove the suit, but it wouldn't budge one bit. Not giving up on his quest for revenge just yet, he tries to enlist the help of an evil wizard, only to have his spell backfire and transport him to the town of Amberdale... With no other options left, Vinny is left to wander and find some way to get the suit off him and get back to his town to finally enact his revenge.

DomJoe - This game is going to be in the Exotic Bondage Section, so most of Vinny's on's are not going to fit.  Also the wand would not cast spells of power and love.  It would be one spell at most. 

Most people are going with straight fantasy or realistic anime pics for characters.  I have noticed players tend to be either really for Anime or really against it for art in games. I just wanted to note this as it is a preference that players seem to feel strongly about.  I have no personal feelings for or against myself.

A Painter

I just wanted to express one more time how excited I am, and now it's not just for the game, but the cast as well.
We've got some interesting personalities. 
I actually like Estella a lot, too.

Now I am off to my workshop and a potential D&D session later in the day.

Crash

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
You can still make one!

Alrighty! xD  I can just remove the smoke bombs.

I just might.  I have a few other npcs to write up before start of game but we have had a number of lurkers so no harm in me taking the next couple of days to do so.

Capone

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 10:39:22 PM
I love him!  But he's absolutely filthy!  Does he run around covered in dirt all the time?

The image is merely an approximation. :P

Also: he's a blacksmith, so he'll be covered in soot from time to time. Oh if only some fair maiden could help him wash it off.  O:)

Crash: is Trevoby approved?

Crash

I wasn't sure you had settled on an image yet, but other than that yes.

Izaya Orihara

Quote from: Crash on August 21, 2015, 08:17:23 PM
I like the character.  Remember though that you are a beginning adventure, so he would not be well traveled and would not have been in his fair share of sticky predicaments.  No one would be.  This goes against what the game is all about which is totally wide-eyed adventurers on their first adventures.

Yep. I reworded some things, to make him seem less experienced.

Quote from: Crash on August 21, 2015, 11:08:32 PM
Okay go for it then.

DomJoe - This game is going to be in the Exotic Bondage Section, so most of Vinny's on's are not going to fit.  Also the wand would not cast spells of power and love.  It would be one spell at most. 

Most people are going with straight fantasy or realistic anime pics for characters.  I have noticed players tend to be either really for Anime or really against it for art in games. I just wanted to note this as it is a preference that players seem to feel strongly about.  I have no personal feelings for or against myself.

Just a note, but one would imagine a fantasy RP involving the likes of tentacle monsters and such, to be at least a tad non-consensual in areas.  :P
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Nowherewoman

As cute as this looks, I think I'm going to have to pass, after all.  Way too much else going on, I'd end up bogging you guys down.

Yay for being responsible, right!  O:)

Have fun with it!

NW
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Capone

Humbug! Responsibility is over-rated!

Actually I totally understand. There's another group game that just opened up that has my finger tapping on the mouse, chewing my inner lip, just knowing that if I join too many games I'll inevitably have to quit one of them. It's unfair, I tell's ya!

Who knows. Perhaps you'll gain some bandwidth and be able to join in the future. It is a starting area, after all, and I imagine new adventurers are always coming to prove their worth.

A Painter

Quote from: Nowherewoman on August 22, 2015, 08:34:02 AM
As cute as this looks, I think I'm going to have to pass, after all. 

Noooooo! *^* -makes grabby hands-

Izaya Orihara

Well, I'm off to France, now. I'll try to keep an eye on this, though internet access shall likely be limited.

Crash

People can drop in and out as needed and recruitment is always open.

Izaya - No Non-con. I find nothing lighthearted about non-con.

Crash

~NPC~

Name : Galen and Tallea
Ons : The Great Outdoors, Hard work, Not being afraid to get dirty, were creatures, loud sex, sex talk.  Men and women.
Offs : Laziness, whining, 
Favorite Mode of Attack:
Galen – Axe and Bow
Tallea – Bow and pet black panther, Sascha.

Height : 6’1” and 5’4”
Build : Galen – Muscles build from hard, honest work.  Fair haired and eyed a man of obvious northern blood
Tallea – Shorter with midnight black hair, she isn’t lithe like elven women, but thicker and heartier.  She is fairly well endowed as well
Description : Galen is a strapping man who loves the wild and is often found cutting wood without his jerkin on.  He has rippling muscles and a hearty laugh that is at odds with his piercing eyes.  Galen knows the Oldwall Forest better than most and can act as a guide when he is not otherwise occupied.

Tallea is curvy without holding much extra weight. She prefers leather and skins for clothing, but tends to leave her legs bare for freedom of moments and she is deceptively quick and quite when she needs to be

Personality : Galen is loud and boisterous when at home or relaxing. He isn’t as good of a hunter as his step-sister Tallea but he knows the forest better.  He is a hard-working and no-nonsense kind of man and gets along well with others of that sort.  Flighty, lazy and “soft” people are useless as for as Galen is concerned.

Tallea has a special bond with her black panther, Sascha.  She can be playful at times and downright sultry other times.  She enjoys the forest and the hunt and is often away from the cottage her and her step-brother own.

Story :

Galen and Tallea are the latest in a long line of woodsman.  They were raised with loggers and lived on the edge of the forest.  After Galen’s mother left for the city Galen’s father re-married the pregnant daughter of a local farmer who had soon after gave birth to Tallea.  Galen and Tallea still hold a distain for city life of which they add the town of Amberdale.  Their parents died many years ago and they still share their family cottage at the edge of the Oldwall Forest, though Tallea can be found nearly anywhere from Amberdale to Shadowvale and all areas in-between.

Crash

Game Threads

OOC has been added for anyone with accepted characters to chat things up.

Edit: Do you want me to continue posting npc's here or just in the character thread?

Capone

I'd say NPC's should just go in the character thread.

Out of curiosity, what is the role of NPC's exactly? Are they basically GM's characters? Up for grabs? What's the nature of interacting with them?

Or perhaps that should go in OOC?

Crash

They are GM characters.  I will be using them to give out goofy little quests and offer rewards of a monetary or carnal nature depending on player interest.

If you want to interact with them just let me know and we can come up with something.

Crash

Attention!

The first IC Thread is up!!!!!

Game Threads

Please come join the fun.  All players welcome!!!!   Keep it lighthearted and fun and enjoy!

TeamVelma

Name : Marcus Serpenthelm
Race: Half elf-human (but with a bit of dwarven blood which neither side of the family will admit to)
Ons : Caves, mines, taverns, interesting quests, damsels to rescue, good drink, libraries, assertive women
Offs : Boring people, towns with bad beer, malicious people, people who take from those who cannot afford it.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Bow and short sword.  Not too bad with a dwarven axe if necessary. 
Height : A hair under 6 foot.
Build : Athletic-ish, well the beer is good, and the mead…
Description : Has shoulder-length dark hair and a well-kept beard, the latter only to keep his face warm.  He is reasonably athletic in build, his primary strength being stamina as he can walk non-stop for nearly a day or run for nearly half a day and still be able to fight at the end.
Personality : Marcus tries to do good, but it doesn’t always work out the way he planned. Alignment-wise he’s best described as Chaotic-Good.  Liable to flights of fancy and to rush in before he know all the facts of the situation.
Story : Has been sent off to performs quests and ‘level up’.  He suspects it was to get him out of everyone’s hair.  Still being out is better than being cooped up in an elven monastery learning basic elven law.  He is a competent scribe and can read, write and speak several languages to varying ability but is quickly bored by rote-learning.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Crash

Quote from: TeamVelma on August 22, 2015, 07:17:36 PM
Name : Marcus Serpenthelm
Race: Half elf-human (but with a bit of dwarven blood which neither side of the family will admit to)
Ons : Caves, mines, taverns, interesting quests, damsels to rescue, good drink, libraries, assertive women
Offs : Boring people, towns with bad beer, malicious people, people who take from those who cannot afford it.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Bow, short sword, dagger.  Not too bad with a dwarven axe if necessary. 
Height : A hair under 6 foot.
Build : Athletic-ish, well the beer is good, and the mead…
Description : Has shoulder-length dark hair and a well-kept beard, the latter only to keep his face warm.  He is reasonably athletic in build, his primary strength being stamina as he can walk non-stop for nearly a day or run for nearly half a day and still be able to fight at the end.
Personality : Marcus tries to do good, but it doesn’t always work out the way he planned. Alignment-wise he’s best described as Chaotic-Good.  Liable to flights of fancy and to rush in before he know all the facts of the situation.
Story : Has been sent off to performs quests and ‘level up’.  He suspects it was to get him out of everyone’s hair.  Still being out is better than being cooped up in an elven monastery learning basic elven law.  He is a competent scribe and can read, write and speak several languages to varying ability but is quickly bored by rote-learning.

Just go with Bow and shorts word for now and you are good to go.

Revelation

Name : Enkh
Race: Inumimi (Wolf-person)
Ons : Musicians/bards, Dancers, defending the weak, fellow martial artists. Women with 'vavoom'/curves, mildly pleasant scents, light bondage, mutual roughness, oil, body paint, and similar ways to temporarily decorate people, And in general the players ons and offs.
Offs : Loud noises, pungent odors, petting his tail without permission, scratching his ears the wrong way, jerks, and player offs.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Budding practitioner of Nokhai-соео style. (Tribal martial arts focuses on mostly punches and kicks)

Height : 6'2"
Build : Lean and toned
Description : A tall and well built man, Enkh shows much of his heritage in his appearance. Somewhat dark skinned and with a messy mop of white hair, the striking locks almost hide his tufted ears. Usually seen wearing a simple sleeveless vest with matching slacks most of the time. From just around his lower back extends a fluffy tail, the same snowy color as his ears and hair.  When smiling or eating, it's easier to notice his sharper canines as well, slightly longer and more pointed than normal teeth. Occasionally, one may see him adorned at times with body paint.
Personality : Fun loving, easy going, and a man who loves to help others, Enkh is a friendly young man who tends to seek people to count as a 'pack' for him to belong to and defend. His tribal upbringing may make villagers seem a tad odd to him, and often curious as to their practices. He loves the night, and can sometimes be seen training at night while singing. Enjoys art, though more art that comes from the body or person (Singing, dancing, art on the body, etc). While he does speak the common tongue well enough by now, certain words may elude him which will result in him deferring to his native tongue or clumsily explaining the term.

Story : Coming from a distant land of steppes and deserts, Enkh is part of a tribe of beast-people with wolf blood.  An eager martial artist, he took it upon himself to explore distant lands and seeks to practice his unique style amongst them. He has settled on Amberdale, in part thanks to other travelers like himself.

--

I hope he fits the RP, I tried to make something a bit different. Finding good art for him was a pain in the rear, but I do like the choice in the end - though I likewise hope it fits still.

Dhi

This is what I'm currently thinking, a work in progress.

Name : Hira-Ba
Race: Sekhemi
Occupation: Magical measuring cup for the Amberdale General Store
Ons : Gold, cats, this Amberdale spice known as "chocolate"
Offs : Being mistaken for human, using portals for base thievery, sandy panties
Favorite Mode of Attack: Eye of Ra, a tiny portal of very limited distance styled after a gold udjat (the 2" pupil being the portal).

Height :
Build : Palanquin candy
Description :
Personality :

Story : Remote from our world lies the desert realm of the Sekhemi from which Hira-Ba hails, there a spice dealer for her mother's trade empire and the privileged owner of three mugluk slaves. Long ago, as the story was told to Hira-Ba, the Sekhemi shepherded the greatest marvels of mankind by rod and whip. The humans rebelled, and the Sekhemi vanished to their own plane to wait out the storm. Mankind is a notoriously moody beast.

A Painter

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 01:47:59 AM

She (or it?) seems interesting already!  But how does she work as a measuring cup?  And what are these portals you speak of? >.>

Dhi

One Eye of Ra opens at point A, and another at point B. By magic, points A and B are directly connected no matter what may lie between them. An object inserted at point A emerges at point B and vice versa. In this way much more powerful Sekhemi were able to move great blocks of stone and cross between worlds; Hira-Ba currently uses it to the far more mundane effect of doling out perfect portions at the General Store where she labors.

One may ask, why is a woman decked in gold working as a store clerk? The answer is that Hira-Ba's gold is graded as armor gold and weapon gold. Its resale value in the open market is hugely diminished by the possibility that it once bludgeoned a sweaty ogre or cupped a barbarian's junk.

A Painter

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 02:48:47 AM
One Eye of Ra opens at point A, and another at point B. By magic, points A and B are directly connected no matter what may lie between them. An object inserted at point A emerges at point B and vice versa. In this way much more powerful Sekhemi were able to move great blocks of stone and cross between worlds; Hira-Ba currently uses it to the far more mundane effect of doling out perfect portions at the General Store where she labors.

While that is super cool I think Crash mentioned something about how if an individual is too powerful and awe inspiring they get kicked out of town because the townsfolk are not used to powerful individuals among them.
I could be wrong, or maybe that doesn't apply to the shop keepers, or maybe some exemption can be made, but I just thought you should know while you were brainstorming and still in the middle of character creation. 

Dhi

It's intended to be the tiniest hedge wizard version of a portal spell, the same way an apprentice fire wizard might be able to conjure a light on her fingertip. Tiny diameter, very short range, mostly useless.

A Painter

TeamVelma

Quote from: Crash on August 22, 2015, 08:24:45 PM
Just go with Bow and shorts word for now and you are good to go.
OK.  As for armour, soft leather under chain-mail with some hard leather to protect shins, forearms and a few more 'important' places.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Capone

I'm envisioning people confusing Enkh and Trevoby for one another due to the white hair and similar appearance and comedy ensuing. "You! Monk! Yes, you! Come, we need you on this adventure!" "But I'm not-" "For glory and gold! Huzzah!"

And I think Hira-Bah's mini-portal is fine myself. It's not going to be useful in most situations, and I imagine enough low-level adventurers pass by that simple, nearly worthless spells are no surprise to the locals. It would be like seeing a magician doing a disappearing act. After all, this is a town where a girl summons a skeleton wielding an axe.

Dhi

It seems to be at least a controversial ability.

The concept started with ideas for Egypt-themed magic, because I want to explore a character who's clearly just human but classified as a whole different species, and I want to explore dropping an otherworldly culture in a fantasy world, like in Burning Crusade. Making the otherworldly culture Ancient Egyptians was as on the nose as I could think to make it.

I thought about different kinds of magic she might have. Sand magic would be too much for the power level. Something like an asp touch is not very interesting outside of direct physical conflict. Animating fabric is more interesting but feels like a magic power someone else might like to use, and I'm not actually wild about bondage. I can take or leave it.

Little portals are meant to tie these concepts together in a way that ought to be distinct from other concepts and gives me plenty to work with as a writer.

So I hear you that the ability might be worrisome, and I'm open to suggestions, but I'm also very fond of how it all fits together and would prefer to compromise on a part of it rather than removing it entirely. More thought has gone into the concept than my hastily cobbled WIP and picture of a busty video game character probably suggests.

Crash

I know you aren't going to abuse it Dhi. Like you said keep it small and limited and that is fine.  If people are too concerned I would just add a note about the limitations of it in the character description so people have a better idea of how you will be using it.

Crash

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on August 22, 2015, 10:51:17 AM
Well, I'm off to France, now. I'll try to keep an eye on this, though internet access shall likely be limited.

Have a good trip!

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 01:47:59 AM

Name : Hira-Ba
Occupation: Magical measuring cup for the Amberdale General Store
Favorite Mode of Attack: Eye of Ra, a tiny portal of very limited distance styled after a gold udjat (the 2" pupil being the portal).

Height :
Description :
Personality :

Story : Remote from our world lies the desert realm of the Sekhemi from which Hira-Ba hails, there a spice dealer for her mother's trade empire and the privileged owner of three mugluk slaves. Long ago, as the story was told to Hira-Ba, the Sekhemi shepherded the greatest marvels of mankind by rod and whip. The humans rebelled, and the Sekhemi vanished to their own plane to wait out the storm. Mankind is a notoriously moody beast.

Love where you are going with Hira-Ba.  Artwork is super sexy.

Quote from: TeamVelma on August 23, 2015, 07:02:34 AM
OK.  As for armour, soft leather under chain-mail with some hard leather to protect shins, forearms and a few more 'important' places.

Consider yourself approved then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on August 23, 2015, 01:11:51 AM
Name : Enkh
Race: Inumimi (Wolf-person)
Ons : Musicians/bards, Dancers, defending the weak, fellow martial artists. Women with 'vavoom'/curves, mildly pleasant scents, light bondage, mutual roughness, oil, body paint, and similar ways to temporarily decorate people, And in general the players ons and offs.
Offs : Loud noises, pungent odors, petting his tail without permission, scratching his ears the wrong way, jerks, and player offs.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Budding practitioner of Nokhai-соео style. (Tribal martial arts focuses on mostly punches and kicks)

Height : 6'2"
Build : Lean and toned
Description : A tall and well built man, Enkh shows much of his heritage in his appearance. Somewhat dark skinned and with a messy mop of white hair, the striking locks almost hide his tufted ears. Usually seen wearing a simple sleeveless vest with matching slacks most of the time. From just around his lower back extends a fluffy tail, the same snowy color as his ears and hair.  When smiling or eating, it's easier to notice his sharper canines as well, slightly longer and more pointed than normal teeth. Occasionally, one may see him adorned at times with body paint.
Personality : Fun loving, easy going, and a man who loves to help others, Enkh is a friendly young man who tends to seek people to count as a 'pack' for him to belong to and defend. His tribal upbringing may make villagers seem a tad odd to him, and often curious as to their practices. He loves the night, and can sometimes be seen training at night while singing. Enjoys art, though more art that comes from the body or person (Singing, dancing, art on the body, etc). While he does speak the common tongue well enough by now, certain words may elude him which will result in him deferring to his native tongue or clumsily explaining the term.

Story : Coming from a distant land of steppes and deserts, Enkh is part of a tribe of beast-people with wolf blood.  An eager martial artist, he took it upon himself to explore distant lands and seeks to practice his unique style amongst them. He has settled on Amberdale, in part thanks to other travelers like himself.

--

I hope he fits the RP, I tried to make something a bit different. Finding good art for him was a pain in the rear, but I do like the choice in the end - though I likewise hope it fits still.

Approved!

Crash

Dhi

Ready for the hammer of judgement! I decided to change her name, since the first one was not enough of a chore for everyone to remember.

Name : Bel-Kharran-Sharrat

A note on portals: Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's portals have an upper limit of about 2" diameter and about two feet of distance, and her personal beliefs prevent her from using them for any sort of thievery, such as pocketing objects or reaching through locked doors. They are meant to be of very limited use.

Height : 5'5"
Description : Evenly rich butterscotch complexion marks her as a traveler from the arid desert climate, though carefully cultivated racetrack curves betray that she was never allowed to suffer in that heat. A firmly set jaw expressive with her displeasure is framed by leaden straight black hair with long bangs so precise and uniform that her brow might be considered an intimate secret. The blue of her eyes is brought out by heavy, dark kohl lining and shadowed with teal, and often they are heavy-lidded, suited to the languorous, slinking movements of a woman for whom dignity and being served are paramount. Her dark, dangerous, faintly honey fragrance is meant to intoxicate, but comes across a little strong in a place like Amberdale, louder than her mincing, intimate, temptress' voice.

Personality : She expects obedience from her lessers (most everyone) and gives groveling sycophancy to her betters, for in her mind, there is only one or the other. Perhaps her greatest weakness is a fascination with new experiences, particularly tastes, but those who would coax Bel-Kharran-Sharrat into sampling crab apples beware, for her mind is darker and more devious than she lets on. What sense of humor she has is dry, but humor is so culturally dependant that rarely she feels comfortable sharing it with the strangers of Amberdale. Instead she plays it safe as a calculating business-minded woman, bringing her long term plans to a slow boil, thwarted at every turn by hoary spiders of unusual size and the threat of feeble kobolds.

Story : Two yellow suns burned bright over the parched Sekhemi homeworld when Bel was born into a wealthy trade empire, one daughter of many, slave to her mother, a slaver in turn, one link in an unbroken chain of absolute obsdience from highest pharaoh to lowliest mugluk-mule. Here she was fed many stories about the glory of the Sekhemi, how her people had traveled through the Nascent Gates to primitive worlds and forged incredible works in their own image.

Her youth was a privileged one, working as a spice merchant in service to her magnate mother, savoring the sweet decadent scents and tastes and textures of spices from worlds remote from her parched desert home, and though she was tutored in the portalmancy magic natural to her people, there was never much cause to master it, as moving people and things were surely work for lesser slaves, such as the misshapen brutes made to break rocks in the orpiment mines.

One primitive world in particular captured Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's imagination. It was on this remote world, accessible only through the Nascent Gates, which her distant ancestors were said to have shepherded the greatest marvels of a race called man. This was a world of sweet flavors and abundant water, and long Bel whispered in the ears of her mother's advisors of the profits to be found. Finally, she was granted a caravan to test her mettle against this surely violent and barely sentient world, but calamity struck when the ether of the gate twisted off course. Bel-Kharran-Sharrat was separated across unknown miles from the rest of her caravan, arriving unexpectedly in a cozy little place called Amberdale.

A less ambitious woman might see this as a predicament, but for Bel-Kharran-Sharrat it represented an opportunity; freed from the shackles of her mother's caravan to do business her own way, Bel intends to reap the full profits of her expedition and dip her fingers in the takings of such lucrative spices as chocolate and cinnamon and truffle. But without funds, and without a market for her native spices of sukamric, qoneli, and orange orpiment wine, Bel-Kharran-Sharrat has been forced to find work at the local general store. She's eager to quest in search of riches, allies, and, most importantly, interesting new spices to bring home.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 08:10:52 PM
Ready for the hammer of judgement! I decided to change her name, since the first one was not enough of a chore for everyone to remember.

Name : Bel-Kharran-Sharrat

A note on portals: Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's portals have an upper limit of about 2" diameter and about two feet of distance, and her personal beliefs prevent her from using them for any sort of thievery, such as pocketing objects or reaching through locked doors. They are meant to be of very limited use.

Height : 5'5"
Description : Evenly rich butterscotch complexion marks her as a traveler from the arid desert climate, though carefully cultivated racetrack curves betray that she was never allowed to suffer in that heat. A firmly set jaw expressive with her displeasure is framed by leaden straight black hair with long bangs so precise and uniform that her brow might be considered an intimate secret. The blue of her eyes is brought out by heavy, dark kohl lining and shadowed with teal, and often they are heavy-lidded, suited to the languorous, slinking movements of a woman for whom dignity and being served are paramount. Her dark, dangerous, faintly honey fragrance is meant to intoxicate, but comes across a little strong in a place like Amberdale, louder than her mincing, intimate, temptress' voice.

Personality : She expects obedience from her lessers (most everyone) and gives groveling sycophancy to her betters, for in her mind, there is only one or the other. Perhaps her greatest weakness is a fascination with new experiences, particularly tastes, but those who would coax Bel-Kharran-Sharrat into sampling crab apples beware, for her mind is darker and more devious than she lets on. What sense of humor she has is dry, but humor is so culturally dependant that rarely she feels comfortable sharing it with the strangers of Amberdale. Instead she plays it safe as a calculating business-minded woman, bringing her long term plans to a slow boil, thwarted at every turn by hoary spiders of unusual size and the threat of feeble kobolds.

Story : Two yellow suns burned bright over the parched Sekhemi homeworld when Bel was born into a wealthy trade empire, one daughter of many, slave to her mother, a slaver in turn, one link in an unbroken chain of absolute obsdience from highest pharaoh to lowliest mugluk-mule. Here she was fed many stories about the glory of the Sekhemi, how her people had traveled through the Nascent Gates to primitive worlds and forged incredible works in their own image.

Her youth was a privileged one, working as a spice merchant in service to her magnate mother, savoring the sweet decadent scents and tastes and textures of spices from worlds remote from her parched desert home, and though she was tutored in the portalmancy magic natural to her people, there was never much cause to master it, as moving people and things were surely work for lesser slaves, such as the misshapen brutes made to break rocks in the orpiment mines.

One primitive world in particular captured Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's imagination. It was on this remote world, accessible only through the Nascent Gates, which her distant ancestors were said to have shepherded the greatest marvels of a race called man. This was a world of sweet flavors and abundant water, and long Bel whispered in the ears of her mother's advisors of the profits to be found. Finally, she was granted a caravan to test her mettle against this surely violent and barely sentient world, but calamity struck when the ether of the gate twisted off course. Bel-Kharran-Sharrat was separated across unknown miles from the rest of her caravan, arriving unexpectedly in a cozy little place called Amberdale.

A less ambitious woman might see this as a predicament, but for Bel-Kharran-Sharrat it represented an opportunity; freed from the shackles of her mother's caravan to do business her own way, Bel intends to reap the full profits of her expedition and dip her fingers in the takings of such lucrative spices as chocolate and cinnamon and truffle. But without funds, and without a market for her native spices of sukamric, qoneli, and orange orpiment wine, Bel-Kharran-Sharrat has been forced to find work at the local general store. She's eager to quest in search of riches, allies, and, most importantly, interesting new spices to bring home.

Approved!

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Got an idea for a fresh-from-the-forest Faun. Not sure if it's male or female yet, though.

MelisaArtemis

Interested... and since most of the questions I have are already answered... I'd see if I can get some character bio up later.

Now... what to choose... an angelic healer or a cute kitsune illusionist....
:P

A Painter

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on August 24, 2015, 04:38:29 AM
Interested... and since most of the questions I have are already answered... I'd see if I can get some character bio up later.

I'm already playing a animal person illusionist so I personally vote healer xD Just for more variety, but us becoming a tag team of illusionists would also be fun,
especially since your character is a predatory animal versus my bunny girl.

We could work out a fun dynamic there.

Crash

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 24, 2015, 03:37:54 AM
Hmmm. Got an idea for a fresh-from-the-forest Faun. Not sure if it's male or female yet, though.

Either are fine.

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on August 24, 2015, 04:38:29 AM

Welcome Melisa.  Play whatever you think will be more enjoyable for you.  Both work.

Crash

Those looking to make characters please let me know if you have any questions.

MelisaArtemis

Name : Mizuki Izumi
Race: Kitsune
Orientation: Lesbian
Ons : Public nudity, soft bondage, bestiality (Basically my My O/O)
Offs : Rape, scat, gangbang (Basically my My O/O)
Favorite Mode of Attack:

- Fox trick: She is capable of making illusion to fool others. Whether it is turning something invisible or making something that isn’t really there. Since it is illusion, they doesn’t actually lethal but has various uses.

- Hand to hand combat: She is a capable empty-handed fighter. To compensate her lack of physical strength, she uses a fighting style that concentrate on turning the enemy’s strength against themselves.

Height : 150 cm (4’ 11) / 45 Kg (99 lb)
Build : Slim.
Description : As a kitsune, Mizuki has the unique feature of fox ears on top of her head and pointy fox tail extending from her tailbone, both of which is covered in sunshine blonde fur with white tip. Other than the two unique feature, she actually look no different than normal human.

In beast form, she looks like a general wild fox if not for her golden fur while in human form, Mizuki has straight sunshine blonde hair that reaches all the way to her knee which somehow never really bother her no matter what she is doing. Her eyes are crystal blue in color with slitted irises. Her skin is pale white but not enough to make her seem sickly. She is nearly always seen wearing an elegant but elaborate kimono or dress and clogs which despite it looks, doesn't seem to encumber her movement. Curiously, she doesn't seem to own a bag that should be able to fit the numerous design that she seemed to own.

Personality : Mizuki is generally shy and timid but at the same time is also kind to a fault. She has disposition that is unable to leave others who needs some help especially if she is capable of it. This however, makes her someone who can be easily manipulated by those who knows how.

Fortunately, She also has great sense of justice and right and wrong. If she detects that the person who she is helping is actually intends to do bad things, she may take the opportunity to trap the person instead.

Story :

Mizuki was born in a village of “Kitsunes” hidden deep in the mountain. Although their existence is more of an open secret and their population can be found in the city sometimes, its exact location remains a mystery to other races in general.

As she was born of the head of the family of the village, she is considered as a “royalty” and therefore raised with the upbringing fitting of a “princess”. Thanks to her upbringing, she learned of what is commonly known as “Noblesse Oblige” and follows the code to the letter.

When she reaches the age of 16 human years, as according to the tradition of the family, she is to go out of the village and learn about the world. It would be the first time that she was ever allowed to venture out of the village alone and unsupervised.

With only a map and a week worth of supplies, the young kitsune went down the mountain toward the nearest human settlement. She then hitchhikes a friendly merchant’s wagon heading to the town of Amberdale where an ex-adventurer she met told her to be the perfect place to start her journey from.

Crash

Melisa - she looks good, but has to many modes of attack.  I am limiting everyone to two at most.  Oick the two you like best and you can be working on figuring out the others in game.

MelisaArtemis

well... two of the abilities are more like support than actual attack but... o well. You ask to pick 2 so there they are :P

Crash

Thank you Melisa.  You are approved! Go ahead and post her in the character sheet thread and you can start.

agentlemanwithadream

Name : Gatura Amon
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons : Oral, Round Asses, Fingers in Mouth, feisty women, good stories, dirty jokes,  hot meals
Offs : Boring people, over talking, cold foods, weak drink, giant spiders
Favorite Mode of Attack: Punch, Spear Stab
Height : 6’5
Build : Gatura could best be described as solid, he is a wall of muscle.
Description : Gatura has dark mahogany skin and short cut black hair. When travelling, he wears a tan, heavy leather armor with a long purple cape that denotes his ‘royal’ linage. He is also almost always seen wearing one gold hoop ear ring and a golden arm band.  After a literal run in with a cluster of giant spiders, he purchased a long spear with a wooden handle and a thick metal tip.
Personality : Despite his overwhelming appearance, Gatura is mostly soft spoken and prefers peace and pleasant company to confusion and conflict. Once he’s comfortable, a smile is normally plastered on his face. Gatura never passes up on a pun or innuendo, especially once intoxicated, and is almost always looking for a romp.

Story : Gatura has no recollection of his biological family. All that he knows is that he is the descendant of kings from a faraway land. The 12th bastard of his father, Gatura was sold, as far as he knows, at the request of his queen. He traveled with a band of traveling merchants (read: gypsies) for a while until being sold to a farmer as unskilled labor. While treated kindly, he was never allowed to truly learn a skill and instead carried heavy tools and good for a majority of his life. Fortunately for him, the farmer’s wife educated Gatura along with her son who was like a brother to Gatura. When they traveled to town to trade goods, Gatura found that if he pretended to be angry, he could deter most bandits because of his sheer size. Eventually, Gatura sold his presence until he earned enough money to buy his freedom. Once free, he traveled aimlessly, in an attempt to figure out how to make a name for himself. He continued to use his size and demeanor to make money. Unfortunately, on a recent expedition, Gatura learned that spiders were not subject to intimidation and suffered a traumatic attack at the hands legs of a cluster. Now armed, Gatura is looking for more work and some way to make a name for himself. What better place to start than Amberdale?

Crash

Quote from: agentlemanwithadream on August 25, 2015, 10:09:31 AM
Name : Gatura Amon
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons : Oral, Round Asses, Fingers in Mouth, feisty women, good stories, dirty jokes,  hot meals
Offs : Boring people, over talking, cold foods, weak drink, giant spiders
Favorite Mode of Attack: Punch, Spear Stab
Height : 6’5
Build : Gatura could best be described as solid, he is a wall of muscle.
Description : Gatura has dark mahogany skin and short cut black hair. When travelling, he wears a tan, heavy leather armor with a long purple cape that denotes his ‘royal’ linage. He is also almost always seen wearing one gold hoop ear ring and a golden arm band.  After a literal run in with a cluster of giant spiders, he purchased a long spear with a wooden handle and a thick metal tip.
Personality : Despite his overwhelming appearance, Gatura is mostly soft spoken and prefers peace and pleasant company to confusion and conflict. Once he’s comfortable, a smile is normally plastered on his face. Gatura never passes up on a pun or innuendo, especially once intoxicated, and is almost always looking for a romp.

Story : Gatura has no recollection of his biological family. All that he knows is that he is the descendant of kings from a faraway land. The 12th bastard of his father, Gatura was sold, as far as he knows, at the request of his queen. He traveled with a band of traveling merchants (read: gypsies) for a while until being sold to a farmer as unskilled labor. While treated kindly, he was never allowed to truly learn a skill and instead carried heavy tools and good for a majority of his life. Fortunately for him, the farmer’s wife educated Gatura along with her son who was like a brother to Gatura. When they traveled to town to trade goods, Gatura found that if he pretended to be angry, he could deter most bandits because of his sheer size. Eventually, Gatura sold his presence until he earned enough money to buy his freedom. Once free, he traveled aimlessly, in an attempt to figure out how to make a name for himself. He continued to use his size and demeanor to make money. Unfortunately, on a recent expedition, Gatura learned that spiders were not subject to intimidation and suffered a traumatic attack at the hands legs of a cluster. Now armed, Gatura is looking for more work and some way to make a name for himself. What better place to start than Amberdale?

Approved!

Crash

A Painter

Name : Josephine Clarring
Race: Human, probably.  No one is quite sure, not even her father
Orientation: Omnisexual
Ons : Adventure, strength in character or physical strength, impish folk, suggestive banter and magic tricks.
Offs : Boring things, weakness, failure, being tied up and goody-two-shoes folk.
Favorite Mode of Attack: When she wants something, Josephine uses her charm and wit.  She has a way with people and can be both wonderful or absolutely hateful.   
She gets her ammunition from her listening and conversational skills.  Josephine knows how to make people feel wanted and valuable, caring about the everyday trials and nuances of their lives.  She's not the most empathetic of people, but the interest and care is genuine.

Josephine carries a dagger with her just in case of emergencies.

Height : 5'4
Build : Even and well-proportioned.
Description : Josephine has a very elegant build.  She may not be tall, but she gives off the illusion of being so with her graceful neck and slender limbs.  She is neither very thin or very voluptuous, but her curves are very soft and well proportioned.  Another notable thing about her is that the arches of her feet are very high.
Josephine is usually clad in dresses with long flowing skirts but provocative necklines.  She enjoys lace, but the accessory she loves the most are feathers, which she wears as earrings and in her silvery hair.   
Personality : While Josephine may have the complexion and the hands of a noblewoman, she's no prim lady.  She's the girl next door, the older sister you never had who is always willing to lend an ear and offer support to her friends.  Her sense of duty isn't very strong, and can be found wandering around and outside of Amberdale instead of manning her father's shop.
Her father calls her 'his little bird' because of her free spirit, but for some reason insists she stays in town while he and her siblings travel the country. 
It's her frustration with this that she tends to find her way in to situations and places (and people) she probably shouldn't be in.  She absolutely adores the company of those she can get in to trouble with.

Gossip is probably her one true vice.  She loves stories and information.  Good stories about true adventure don't come to Amberdale often, so she settles for what she can get, which is usually just idle gossip about her fellow townsfolk.  Because of her cravings, she frequents the tavern and drinks with friends and strangers alike.

Story : The Clarring family have not been a fixture in Amberdale very long, having only moved in to town only three years ago.  The first thing the townsfolk noticed was that there was no Mrs. Clarring, and Martin Clarring's children all looked so different!  They all stuck out like sore thumbs, but over time they all saw how much and how often he devours bar maids, and that mystery was solved.

The Clarring family buisness doesn't seem to have a fixed base of operations, as Josephine's family and their partners (and sometimes Josephine) travels frequently, but they keep a small store in town just to maximise their income.
Clarring's Oddities sells all sorts of knickknacks, books and assortments of goods from all over the country, and sometimes from other continents, things that common towns folk, less travelled merchants and newbie adventurers might find inspiring or intriguing.  Small things that Martin Clarring finds on his trips outside of Amberdale.

Out of her family of six, Josephine is the one that stays home the most, taking care of their home and the store of trinkets.
Martin Clarring is a fairly wealthy man, at least compared to most of the people who consider Amberdale home, and his home and store always has at least one caretaker at all times, excluding Josephine.

EdwardShane

Is...is this still open?  I have a very specific (and admittedly outside of the normal mold for her kind) drow OC that I have been trying to find a home for, and this place actually looks like it might be perfect.

Crash

EdwardShane

All righty.  I'll see what I can write up...hopefully I can find an image that I agree with lol.

EdwardShane

Name: Marixsa Starlight
Race: Drow
Occupation: Ranger, though she can cook (and sing, if she can get past stage fright)
Orientation: Bisexual
Ons: Romance, kindness, dominant individuals, bondage (up to a point)
Offs: Needing to make the first move, pain in general, bathroom play, nefariousness/ill intentions, group sex/multiple partners
Favorite Mode of Attack: Dark Flux - Marixsa has a tie to ancient magic that she has no semblance of control over as of yet.  In trying to harness it, she creates a strong lash of dark energy that just as often hurts herself or allies as opposed to her intended target.  The threat of harming herself or those she cares about leaves her reluctant to use it outside of 'do or die' situations.  Over time, she might be able to control it better and develop it further, however.

Bow & Arrow - Marixsa's preferred weaponry involves sharpshooting, and she is certainly not a bad marksman by any means.  Though she has plenty of room to improve and is considered average among elvenkind, she's still a better shot than many humans.

Height: 5'1"
Build: Slender and somewhat curvy
Description: Normally, Marixsa prefers to wear a darkly colored cloak and hood that conceal what she looks like as best she could.  She knows that most people are more uncomfortable around a drow than they are a hooded stranger.  While it is clear that Marixsa is a drow under her cloak and hood, she looks a bit unusual in that her skin has a more pale coloration than most of her darker skinned kin.  She has what appear to be elven tribal tattoos of some sort on her face, and has rather striking frost blue eyes.  While her body is lithe and lean like many elves, she certainly is not lacking in the department of womanly assets.  The clothes she wears under the cloak is something akin to a leather doublet that shows a little bit of cleavage as well as her thighs.
Personality: Marixsa is surprisingly shy and soft spoken at first, certainly not something one would expect from a dark elf of any sort.  However, she is a very gentle and kind hearted woman with a passion for helping those who are in need out.  Once she gets used to someone, she starts loosening up and stops acting quite so shy, and if she gets to a point where she trusts anyone enough enough there would be no better person to have by your side.  She's loyal to a fault where people she cares enough about become concerned, and will do everything in her power to aid them in their endeavors.  Sometimes, when she thinks she is alone, she will sing...and though she has an amazing singing voice, she simply is embarrassed about letting anyone hear it outside of those she feels very close to.

Story: Marixsa's life almost ended shortly after it began, with a feud between a tribe of wood elves and drow leading to a fight within the dark elve's home.  Her mother was slain in the attempted retreat of the dark elves, and one wood elf ranger found her crying within the drow woman's arms.  He had taken aim to snuff the baby's life out, but found that he wasn't able to release the arrow that would destroy such young life.  He took the child to raise as his own daughter, something that the elf's tribe also agreed upon after voting on the matter, for he and his mate were unable to conceive a child on their own.  Though they were all wary of the fact it was still a drow, they banked on the fact that the baby girl could be raised in a different way than her kind usually ends up turning out.

As it turns out, they were right...the young girl grew up, and everyone slowly relaxed as they saw with their own eyes and learned that drow children were not, necessarily, all cruel and evil.  Just like any other child, it was dependent on how they were raised.  As much as she was as good a child as any other in the village, it did not stop some measure of discrimination from both what few other elven children were there and those who voted to not take her into the tribe.  This left the young girl with some insecurities about herself, but she in the end did not hold this against any of them.  This choice to turn the other cheek only served to reinforce to those who chose to bring her in that they had made a good choice.

Her adopted father taught her much in the way of hunting, and she proved to be a fairly adept ranger in her own right.  She followed in this elf's footsteps from the moment she was old enough to start learning from him.  Her life, overall, was a good one up until her coming of age ceremony.  One of the other elves from the tribe pulled a nasty prank on her that was intended to scare her rather heavily.  He had succeeded, and caused a trigger that made her unleash a lash of dark magic.  No one could tell precisely what it was, but the worst part was that it backlashed and hit Marixsa herself.  While no one else was hurt, many of the tribe's members were frightened.  In the end, the elders decided to brand her as an adult all the same once she recovered, but that she should be exiled until a time that she could learn to control this power for the sake of everyone's safety.  It was here that Marixsa's journey began, with nothing to her name but her equipment, a map to a place called Amberdale that the elders figured would be a good first step paired with a letter from the elders explaining who she was, and the farewells of those who still cared about her carved onto her heart in the hopes that she will one day get to see them again.

Dhi

A Painter, would it interest you at all to have Josephine either run the general store or for me to retcon things so that Bel is working at her shop, instead?

Crash

Edward - I am fine with the Dark Flux power accept the more powerful than her level.  I know you built in the drawback but no powers are more powerful than others their level.  This is something I am not budging on.

If you don't mind changing that then I will accept her.

EdwardShane

Ah, all right.  I am fine with lessening it in that case, and will edit according to this feedback.  Are there any other issues?

Crash

EdwardShane

Sweet, thanks!  I'll put her in the character sheet area and start thinking of how to intro her.

MelisaArtemis

it would be interesting to see Marixsa and Mizuki interacting :'D. Their power are basically polar opposite but their personality seem like they'd get along very well :'D

EdwardShane

All I can really think of are two words....shyness contest.  XD

....how would the winner of that be judged, anyway?

But yes, it should be interesting to see them interact lol, and given that they both have some similar traits they should indeed get along.

Izaya Orihara

Well, I'm back from France now.
Just to check, was I accepted? Since I reworded that bit about Auristel sounding more experienced than I'd meant him to be, in his bio. I don't think there was anything else that needed to be edited.

Crash

Izaya Orihara

Quote from: Crash on September 05, 2015, 10:39:33 PM
Did you PM the sheet to me?

Ah. I'll just PM you it, then, so you don't have to sift through the previous pages to find the app.

Crash

cabalxxvi

Hey Crash, I am interested in making a hero for the game if you're still recruiting and looking for members. It's an amazing concept, and sounds extremely fun to play.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Crash

cabalxxvi

Great, I'll get you a noob hero by the end of today. PM's or in the thread?
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Crash

Crash

Anyone want to join a fun smutty fantasy romp with complete newbie adventurers?

Leki

Hmm well the concept certainly sounds fun, but...
I'll keep an eye on this and see if you have any luck getting new people.
Never really played a female character before, and as far as I can tell; the people still sticking around are either guys looking for girls, or lesbian girls xD (Excluding NPC's).
I know smut isn't the only fun to be had, but it's a bit hard to find a romp at the moment, wouldn't you say?  :P

Crash

I would like to get a diverse group of characters, genders and sexualities, that is the goal.

Yes it has been surprisingly plot filled at the moment, but I am fine with that too.

ff

Ooh, this looks tempting.

If you'll allow me to use one of the specific char pictures from your initial art inspiration post, I took a liking to the dual daggers redhead elf chick, which is kinda my favorite sort of fantasy char for myself...

Crash

worldeater

A Change of Scenery

Crash

We are still accepting characters.

Welcome ApesAmongUs!