"Anti-Sec" hits ImageShack

Started by consortium11, July 10, 2009, 09:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Was going onto a few of the forums/communities I'm a member of and have seen this lovely little manifesto replacing nearly all ImageShack hosted images:

I'm not quite tech/computer illiterate, but I'm not far off, so can anyone run me through the specifics: I think I just about know what an "exploit" is, but I'd like some more info.

And, in general, isn't the philosophy for cracker/hackers/e-mischief makers that all information should be free and disseminated as far as possible... this seems to be the opposite of this. A change in philosophy as a whole or just a single movement?

Oniya

Two of my pics on there were replaced  >:( I've deleted the offending replacements, so if anyone sees a broken image link in one of my posts, please PM me with the location so I can fix it.

EDIT:  Too A/R for my own good.  I went through my own posts and found the little buggers myself.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Overlord

Any media moguls that want to protect property wouldn't resort to manifesto imagery like this. The 15-year old fucktards that made this aren't scaring anyone.

Oniya

No, but they're annoying the hell out of everyone.  *plans to spend today moving/recreating her broken images.*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Vekseid

Quote from: consortium11 on July 10, 2009, 09:35:48 PM
I'm not quite tech/computer illiterate, but I'm not far off, so can anyone run me through the specifics: I think I just about know what an "exploit" is, but I'd like some more info.

Full immediate disclosure is where, when discovering a potentially dangerous security flaw, you announce it to the world along with a demonstration rather than first communicating with the software developer directly.

Naturally, vendors, especially of critical applications, don't really like this. A remote ssh or windows exploit could bring the Internet to its knees in fairly short order.

And, in general, isn't the philosophy for cracker/hackers/e-mischief makers that all information should be free and disseminated as far as possible... this seems to be the opposite of this. A change in philosophy as a whole or just a single movement?

"Information wants to be free" does not necessarily mean shouting to the world "HEY! YOUR FLY IS UNDONE!"

As for the post, I guess someone with a pet peeve managed to hack into Image shack. Elliquiy's wiki is a much smaller target : )

Oniya

Quote from: Vekseid on July 11, 2009, 07:28:31 AM
As for the post, I guess someone with a pet peeve managed to hack into Image shack. Elliquiy's wiki is a much smaller target : )

True enough, but I used my Imageshack for pics I wouldn't necessarily be sharing only on Elliquiy. ;]

Zakharra

I am sure Image Shack is busy looking for these exploits to block them, as are most others that host images. There has to be hundreds of thousands of men that fap out there that are probably looking for these guys for disrupting the sites they visit.