Valhalla [1x1, M for F]

Started by Gremgoblin, September 10, 2018, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremgoblin

Please PM me if interested, do not post here. Consider me to be 'on' on everything unless otherwise stated in my reply to your PM.

Ósnjallr maðr,
hyggsk munu ey lifa,
ef hann við víg varask,
en elli gefr,
honum engi frið,
þótt honum geirar gefi.

Welcome to Valhöll, Einherjar. This is my domain - Odin, the Aldafadr - and where I bid you welcome. As it is known, Odin is a traveler, shape-shifter, a crafty man, wise though ever searching for more wisdom. This reflects through my writing - I am capable, but I know I can improve. Hence, I always seek to roleplay with partners that can match or even go above my own writing capabilities. I'm Hrafnagud, the ravengod. You can refer to me as that or any of the other names of the High One, AKA me. And you guys thought I was joking about my god complex?

Óðinn, Wōden, the Aldafadr, Wōdan, the High One, Wōtan, Wōđanaz.

Hrafnagud is a 22 year old male from the Netherlands (GMT+1) who writes as a past-time activity. He enjoys the interaction of characters - writing something and seeing how the other character reacts to it. He has been a part of Roleplayerguild for approximately five years, and has roleplayed since approximately 7 years. Despite this he views himself as an amateur - capable or not, ultimately there will be others that do things differently and possibly better. So.. he is never done learning. Despite how he carries himself, he can be friendly if he chooses to be.

He is primarily occupied with historical roleplays. His tastes are eclectic and whimsical, and he will typically 'roleplay anything.' But somehow he always drifts back to historical roleplays.

What is important to him in a roleplay is grey characters - Odin believes highly in a narrativist view of everything. Everything is relative and this is represented in all characters - according to Odin, every writer must show some semblance of narrativist understanding. Every character has their own truths that are separate from objective truths - two sides of a war will know different things to be 'true' even if they are not true in the objective truth that we as omniscient GM's have.

Something else that is important is a willingness to accept that fiction is separate reality, meaning to say, do not project the RP onto yourself and become one of those creepy people. Having strange things you want to write is one thing, wanting them to be reality for you is another.

Sincerely yours,

At the moment I am primarily interested in doing historical roleplays - whether it is set in our own world or a different alternate universe is irrelevant to me right now, I simply want to write something historical. Think Game of Thrones meets costume drama. I thoroughly enjoy gritty and realistic settings, though am not opposed to mild fantasy elements. Before I let you guys in on my preferred settings and so forth, I will write out some pointers first. Please read them.

“Interested. PM me!” I made this thread so people can read and PM me. If I wanted to PM you, I'd read your thread and PM you.
“Do whatever you want!” We're roleplaying together, it's collaborative writing. We work together - we set a goal and work towards it. If I'm asking you 'what should I write?' chances are I'm probably already not sure where we're headed IC, and is a bad sign. Telling me to do whatever I want isn't helping.
“Are you posting soon? Hello? HELLO? Yes I know it's been two hours, but you're online so you can post!” I have better things to do than reply every two seconds. If I don't feel like posting I won't post - I expect the same from you. Not everyone has 5 hours to kill and no hobbies. If you think I'm rude for saying this, just don't apply - we won't work out. I post in my own time, and if you make writing a post feel like a chore and not a hobby, I'm just not gonna do it. Please don't be pushy.
“Hi, I'm interested. Do you wanna RP?” No, I made a thread because I felt like it, I don't actually wanna RP. Yes I wanna RP, I made this thread to RP, so if your opening line is 'do you wanna RP' reconsider PMing me.
“Hi, I'm interested. [END PM.]” OK, great. I have no idea what you're interested in. You just wanna tell me you think I'm interesting? Please come with some indication of what you want.
“I wanna play a sub!” Yeah, but you're going to have to convince me. I don't mind submissive characters, but on RPG, 'sub' is often synonymous to 'please let your character determine my characters' every move,' and I don't feel like running an RP on my own.

“Hey, I'm ___ and here's a little bit about me.” I don't really care about what you ate for dinner, or what your dog is called, but some basic information would be nice as long as it contains no real identifying information.
“I'm interested in [RP IDEA 1], [RP IDEA 2] and additionally I thought of [YOUR OWN IDEA]. I have some character concepts thought up, so if you are interested, I can explain.” Ah yes, I want to know what you are interested in (and maybe even why) and I do really enjoy when people put some additional thought in.
“I do ___ so I have a lenient posting schedule.” I don't really need to know why your schedule is x or y, but feel free to tell me. You can post once a day? Great. You can post once a week? Also fine. Once a month? Cool. Just tell me, and keep in contact while you write.
“I want to focus on story/smut/balance.” It's good to know. I'm 100% OK with all options as long as you don't change up on me midway through. Just tell me.
“Here's an image for my character.” I like images - real, artwork, anime. I don't care as long as it's good quality and fits the theme. Please use them, OOC, IC, whatever. Just remember they supplement the words you write, and don't replace them.
“I like your pairing but I'd rather play ___, who is different because ___.” The pairings are just guidelines for interesting scenario's. See them more as prompts. If you have a character idea, propose it to me and I'll see what I can play opposite it. It comes down to giving and taking.

ₒ Pre-history

ₒ Caveman x Cavegirl... yeah, cavegirl. That's what they're called.

ₒ Viking Age

ₒ Norseman x Norse woman
  ₒ Norseman x Captured slave
  ₒ Varangian guard x Byzantine royalty
  ₒ Varangian guard x Byzantine woman
  ₒ Ex-Varangian guard x Rus' woman

ₒ Medieval

ₒ Nobleman x Noblewoman
  ₒ Conqueror x Noblewoman
  ₒ Noblewoman x Handmaiden
  ₒ King x Queen
  ₒ Hireling x Anyone

ₒ World War II

ₒ Medieval fantasy
ₒ Superpowers

ₒ Chance Encounters (one offs, short RP's)
ₒ People of different backgrounds (one offs, short RP's, think a criminal meets a cop, eager to highlight contrasting people)
ₒ Artificial Intelligence (robots, androids)

ₒ Exploratory Missions
ₒ Colony-ship and Colony-creation
ₒ Sentient AI (sentient robots, androids)
Craving a Fallout or Fallout-esque RP!
Craving a Naruto OC RP!
Craving a Monster Hunter (World) RP!

Do note: this list is not exhaustive and if you have ideas that fall outside of these settings, you can still pitch them to me.

't Moedige, bloedige, woedige swaerd
    Blonck en het klonck, dat de vonken daeruijt vlogen.
    Beving en leving, opgeving der aerd,
    Wonder gedonder nu onder was nu boven;

Gremgoblin

Added Naruto, Monster Hunter to the list of RP's I'm looking for.

Gremgoblin

I'm tentatively back but unsure for how long. University has me tied up. I'll be speaking to former partners while also looking for new partners. Let me know if you're interested!

Gremgoblin

Revitalize this thread too, I have.

Gremgoblin

I have returned from an extended hiatus from writing and am ready to face the new ideas people might have to offer me. Apologies for my absence.

Gremgoblin

The search is back on explicitly for Viking or Viking-esque stories at the moment!